ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I had to enter my phone number. I think they must have changed the system. I can't believe I got one!

I have never done an Illuminations cruise, but the sound like a great addition to an already wonderful vacation.

I have a question though, can you hear the sound track for Illuminations while you are watching from the boat?

I don't have a good feel for how close you are to the show.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by GoofyJoofy
I have never done an Illuminations cruise, but the sound like a great addition to an already wonderful vacation.
I have a question though, can you hear the sound track for Illuminations while you are watching from the boat?
I don't have a good feel for how close you are to the show.
Thanks in advance

YES! Unlike "Wishes" at the IllumiNations Cruise you are right on top of the action, in fact there is a speaker in the nearest Torch Tower with is about 10 yards from the nearest boat.
You are parked directly under the bridge-walkway that attaches United Kingdon to France.

Here is a good representation photo of the view:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/kenny/intro.htm

I'm hoping to be able to book one of the cruises during our Nov trip for my DH's birthday. Would love to hear opinions on which cruise is better - Illuminations or Wishes? I'm also considering the Breathless cruise. Any thoughts on which is better? We'll be staying at VWL, but have no issue getting to YC/BC to meet the boat if Illuminations or Breathless is the way to go.

Thanks in advance for your input!

We were able to get a Wishes Cruise (yea) for the night of
Wednesday, August 25 at 8 pm. We were wondering if anyone would like to share our cruise? We have room for 4 more! It will be leaving from the Polynesian Resort. Anyone interested? PM me if you are!

:wave:

I know that the largest boat only holds 12 people. We are a party of 7 adults, 2 teens and 4 children under 8. Is that too many for the pontoon boats?

Thanks for the responses!

Originally posted by minniesota
Has anyone had to enter your reservation number or telephone number when trying to call at 7 a.m.? My friend called this a.m. and had to jump through some hoops before she got a reservationist and the cruises were all booked by then.:(

Yes, we called yesterday and today for an Illuminations cruise for our trip at exactly the 90-day mark. I start calling about 6:55 am and kept hitting redial as suggested. When I finally got through, I had to enter my reservation number or phone number, then answer about a 5 question survey. Both days when I finally got through to a reservationist all cruises were booked :(

I've been trying off and on to get one of these cruises for the past 6 trips without luck-- is there something I'm missing? We did do a Seven Seas lagoon cruise (pre-Wishes) several years ago and enjoyed it, but we'd really like to try the Illuminations one, especially for this trip since we have several family members joining us. Any ideas?

Thanks! :crazy:

Do you happen to know what kind of food is available for purchase from the Yacht Club for these cruises (and the approximate cost). I know you can order food, but that's about all I know.
Thanks!!

EeyoreJMH...I just booked a cruise and this is what I did:

1-407-939-7529- then 4 -then 2 and your phone #- then 1- then 1 again. It worked for me. Each time hit the number as soon as the tape starts. I hope you get one next time!

EyeoreJMH-

I did succeed the second day I called by following the directions at the top of the thread. However as soon as the welcome message started, I pressed 4 and then 2, home phone, #, 1, 1 and someone came on the line. I couldn't believe it! As soon as I heard the live voice, I said my date and illuminations cruise - and I got it! Good luck!

Originally posted by tevagirl
EeyoreJMH...I just booked a cruise and this is what I did:

1-407-939-7529- then 4 -then 2 and your phone #- then 1- then 1 again. It worked for me. Each time hit the number as soon as the tape starts. I hope you get one next time!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you tevagirl and minniesota for the great instructions! I'll try this tomorrow :bounce:

Parrotheadlois-
We have an Illuminations cruise booked for 8/17 and am getting food(Level 1).this includes sandwiches,chips and drinks for 4 people for $180 approx. every additional person over 4 is approx $20 each..
Call WDW-PLAY and ask about the various options avail.
HTH,
Trish

Originally posted by Figment56
We were able to get a Wishes Cruise (yea) for the night of
Wednesday, August 25 at 8 pm. We were wondering if anyone would like to share our cruise? We have room for 4 more! It will be leaving from the Polynesian Resort. Anyone interested? PM me if you are!

:wave:

Hi, we'll be there at that time and would love to join you if you still have room. It would be for myself, my husband and our 2 children. I'll send you a PM

thanks,
--
giselle

I wanted to share this with all of you.....

We took an illuminations cruise to celebrate my daughter's birthday on 7/20 , which was our first night of our vacation. We loved our captain & had a wonderful time.

On 7/23, my daughter & I were meeting my Mom & Dad on the Boardwalk & we saw our Captain from our 7/20 Illuminations Cruise. My daughter wanted to say "Hi", so we went over.

It was 8:45 pm & he was a bit distraught & told us that a family of 4 had booked a Birthday Illuminations Cruise, complete with balloons, cake & drinks & hadn't shown up yet. He said that they were going to be charged the $220 whether they showed or not & his supervisor told him to find another family & go.

Of course, I told him that we were available ;) , but honestly, I figured the family would come running up & didn't think that we would actually be able to take the boat.

At 8:50, his supervisor told him that he had to go even though the family that had booked the cruise never showed up. So he loaded us on the boat & off we went, at no charge (we did give him a huge tip though).

We were told that this happens from time to time.......

So, if you weren't able to book one of the boats, try showing up at the Boardwalk or Beach Club at 8:45, keep your eyes & ears open.....you may end up with a freebie Illuminations Cruise!

Well I shouls have read this thread all the way thru before I tried calling today for an Illumination Cruise. The beginning of this thread says to press 4 then 2 then 2 when you get thru but tevagirl and minnesota have to right info about having to enter you phone no. (or room reservation no.) then 1 then 1. Unfortunately I wasted precious seconds this am by just hitting 4 - 2 - 2 and as a result I didn't get a reservationist until 7:17 - too late!!! So I'll try again tomorrow but I hope I can save someone else from this mistake!

I updated Katholyn's original post.

They did change the prompts, and just so that it's clear, the proper sequence is:

1.) 4

2.) 2

3.) either your resort reservation number, or your home phone number followed by the pound sign

4.) 1

5.) 2

Sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused anybody.

Thanks Dan -- I'll be trying agian tomorrow am and I'll let you know if I get it!

Hi -

I know that it is to early to book, but am hoping to find someone as overeager as I am to plan ahead. We (my husband and son (age 5)) are going to be at Disney 12/18-12/23 and would really love to do this cruise. Anybody else going to be there then and would you like to try to share a pontoon boat?

Just let me know, thanks!

I understand the illuminations cruise departs from the Beach & Yacht Club marina. I have ressies at Cape May at 6:30 at the beach Club. Can I get to the marina by 8:15? Apparently there are 2 marinas, how far is the marina I need to go to from the Beach Club?

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter