• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the cruise..on my 1st try. Okay..maybe there werent' that many people calling ..but she said I was the 1st person...to call in. I really didn't want the 1st day..but i was told to try because it's so booked..so I'm going to call another day...because I rather not do it on the 1st day..so I may cancel this one ..and someone else can have it.

The day we have right now is on Sept. 23rd

I hope my luck continues tommrrow when i call for Cinderella's Castle breakfast!

Hi ecugrad2003 - Just wanted to say that my dd is a rising senior there! Small world, huh? :)

I hope I didn't miss this on the thread somewhere, but can you tell me about paying for the cruise? They took my credit card info so I assume they will charge it when I take the cruise (or even if I don't show). Can I add a tip, or should I plan on paying cash for that?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Diamond_Girls
I hope I didn't miss this on the thread somewhere, but can you tell me about paying for the cruise? They took my credit card info so I assume they will charge it when I take the cruise (or even if I don't show). Can I add a tip, or should I plan on paying cash for that?

The Credit Card is to hold the cruise and will be charged ONLY if you do not show up.

When you do show up, you will be required to pay for the cruise, you can put it on your room, a credit card or pay cash. The cruise drivers do not have access to your original credit card information. Also, the cruise driver position is an un-tipped position so you cannot add any sort of grat to the charge.

Enjoy your cruise!

Does anybody have room for 4 sometime between July 20 and Aug 3?
(Forgive me if this keeps showing up in the wrong place, don' knw what I am doing wrong!:confused:

If anybody can help, please leave a message or send an email

Annie::MickeyMo

Yeah!!! I got an illuminations cruise for Sept.29. We are completing my sisters wedding day by seeing illuminations. I am sorry we are 11 so we have no room. This is my 3rd cruise and I can't wait!!!

Hi. Anyone interested in sharing a cruise for either October 24, 25, 26th? Actually, I'm speaking too soon.. ..I don't have reservations yet! I suppose I should try making them and write again. . However, if someone else out there already has reservations and wants to share on those days, let me know. I have 3 wonderful kids, 12, 8, and 1 and they are really well-behaved and friendly.
Kendra

Native Texan..... Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I got a cruise for Illuminations ::yes:: If it wasn't for you I would not have known, what to do, in oder to get one. This is very special, since, it is for grandma's 80th birthday. She is going to be surprised!!

I may not have room right now, since, we are a party of seven and we may have family drive down from Tampa for the cruise. If my family decides not to visit, I will post here to share my cruise for October 6th. I'm so excited, I've been planning this for 2 months.. I almost called yesterday,thinking it was the 90 day mark :rolleyes:

Thank you, you are the best :love1:

Is there just one specialty cruise? When people talk about seeing Fantasy in the Sky or Wishes while on there cruise, are they talking about the illuminations cruise?

Hi everyone! We currently have a WISHES cruise booked for Wed, 21 July 2004. There is a possibility that we will be cancelling. So I thought I would give a heads up to those who might be looking for this!

Hi there!

I will be honeymooning at Disneyworld and my fiancee and I managed to book a cruise for 10/6 at 8 pm for Illuminations. We would love to split the cost with one or two other parties consisting of adults only. If you are interested, just let me know!

Jen

Thanks for the tip! We reserved one this morning for our October trip :)

When the reservationist answers do not make small talk, immediately tell him/her that you want to reserve the 8PM specialty cruise for such and such date.

We need one of the pontoon boats... should that also be stated? And where can I find information about the food options.

Thanks bunches:wave2:

Now, this may be a very stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway................do the Illuminations (or Wishes) cruises require life jackets?

Has anyone done a Wishes cruise?

I've done it three times and I believe they require children (up to age 11/12) to wear them

Can I assume that because you leave from the marina you don't need to use a day on your park hoppers? Also how complicated is it to be in Epcot and then go to the cruise? Is this immpossible? Like do I have to leave Epcot and drive to the marina?
Thanks,
Kimba

Has anyone had to enter your reservation number or telephone number when trying to call at 7 a.m.? My friend called this a.m. and had to jump through some hoops before she got a reservationist and the cruises were all booked by then.:(

Originally posted by kimbac3
Can I assume that because you leave from the marina you don't need to use a day on your park hoppers? Also how complicated is it to be in Epcot and then go to the cruise? Is this impossible? Like do I have to leave Epcot and drive to the marina?

Yes, you do not enter Epcot thru any sort of gate, you must remain on the boat at all times, so there is not need for park tickets or hand stamps.

You can easily walk from the International Gateway (between United Kingdom & France) to the Bayside Marina at the yacht Club. Short walk, no more than a 10 minute stroll. It is very possible.

IF you are parked in the Epcot lot, you can leave your car there, and after the cruise ask the driver to drop you off at the International Gateway dock. The driver will have to wait for a moment between Friendship Boats and then scoot in and drop you and your group off. You could then walk thru Epcot back to your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter