• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme." September 2015 TR

Sisa

Mouseketeer

Hi ya pals! We just got back from the most magical place on Earth, Disney World!!!! Funny story on that, we overheard a CM correcting a guest who had said something about being at the happiest place on Earth. The CM corrected him by saying Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth, Disney World is the most magical place on Earth. We had a wonderful first trip and I can't wait to relive it all with you!

If you are interested in seeing a million (not really, but there's quite a few) movie nights, I posted pictures in my PTR that is linked in my signature.

Meet our gang...(sorry for the large photo, photo bucket doesn't want to let me edit photopass pictures and I can't figure out why)

Me, DH, DD6 and DD4

It has been a life long dream of mine to visit Walt Disney World, one I honestly never thought would really come true, but I never let go of that dream. I've been to Disneyland multiple times and always longed to visit WDW. We took at family trip to Disneyland in September 2013, this was our kids' first visit, there is something so magical about seeing Disney through your kids' eyes. We all had the time of our lives there and could not wait to go back.

The day after we returned from our DL trip I started researching a trip back, for fun I decided to look at WDW. I realized that we could stay twice as long at WDW for the same price that we stayed at DL for. Airfare was the only huge price difference. The major planning began, I think I needed the full 2 years just to plan for the WDW trip.

We stayed at POP Century from 8/31-9/11.

Last edited:

Travel Day 8/31

It's so easy to wake up early when it's finally time to head to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!! We left our house around 4:30am, I took a picture of the kids with their back packs and suitcases ready to head out of the door, but my phone didn't save it for some reason :(

We dropped off our doggies for their vacation at Grandma and Grandpa's house, they get just as excited as the kids do to go there.

Then it was off to the airport, we made great time, bypassed check in as we didn't have any luggage to check. The security lines were INSANE, now I know why we typically fly real early mornings. We got in the main security line, waited a good 20 minutes without much progress, an employee was telling people to go to another security line that was faster. We got out of line and walked to the other line, it was still quite the line, but moved much quicker. When we got closer, we realized you didn't need to take your shoes or belts off or remove any liquids out of your carry ons. It was AWESOME, totally going through that side more often!!!!

We grabbed a few breakfast sandwiches at Wendy's and found our gate, we were on the plane pretty quickly.

It was a smooth flight, but SO long. This was the longest flight any of us had taken. The pilot wasn't too good about updating us where we were and we didn't have a watch so we were never sure what time it really was.

The kids got their first wings pin and thought it was SO neat! Goofy is wearing DS' pin, but I'm not sure it's in a very comfortable spot.

DD did a little better on placement of the wings.

The kids would be satisfied for a very short time before wanting something different to do. Like I said a VERY long flight, I was so ecstatic when we were finally descending.

We made it to Florida and easily found our way to ME. DD was excited to be the first to scan her MB. We walked through an empty line and DS got to scan his MB. We got right on the bus without any wait.

DS was so excited to wear a seat belt like a big kid and not have a car seat on the bus.

It seemed like in no time we were seeing this...we made it, we were actually here!!!

First stop was Art of Animation and POP Century was #2.

It was raining as we were trying to find our room. I had touring plans fax in a room request, but we didn't end up with the room I was hoping for. We got the building I wanted and ground floor, so I was happy with that. Originally, our TA booked us in a preferred room which I wasn't too thrilled about. I didn't feel we needed it, I didn't mind walking. Boy, was I glad I never asked her to change it. It was really nice being so close to the pool, lobby and buses. I would definitely pay the extra money again.

We had 2 double beds, so the kids switched off each night taking turns sleeping next to DH in one bed and I in the other. I was nervous about how we would do in the smaller beds, but it worked out just fine.

We dropped off our luggage and went to the food court to get our refillable mugs. Since we were on the dining plan, we got them for free. For four mugs and 12 nights, I think the receipt was around $70. They sure came in handy, I started the day with a coke to wake me up and when we came back from the parks super hot, I'd fill up with powerade and feel hydrated again.

We headed to Art of Animation next because I heard that Landscape of Flavors was really good and wanted to try dinner there. A nice CM explained what we got with the dining plan and made sure we knew we didn't have to get a drink since we had our mugs and that we could get 2 desserts instead.
DH got create your own burger, fries, cinnamon roll and AOA cupcake. Kids got Baked Mac & Cheese, fries, cookie and chocolate milk. I did the create your own pasta, bow tie pasta, alfredo, broccoli, shrimp, parmesan cheese and garlic bread. I also got a Mickey cupcake for DS and an Olaf cupcake for me. The pasta was FANTASTIC and very filling! I wish I had made it back to AOA for another meal of it.
My very first Disney cupcake was Olaf, I was too full to even try it, so I carried it back in the pouring rain to POP. I ate it later, I have a major sweet tooth and it was almost too sweet for me, but so so so good!

We headed back to our room and then on to the POP store, we needed to grab ponchos and sunscreen. The kids bought a few souvenirs and we headed back to the room and called it a night.

Last edited:
Yay! Finally there! It's always so exciting to be there. And Pop, oh how we loved Pop. I had the AOA make your own pasta twice and it was one of my favorite things all trip.

What building did you get?

Yay! Finally there! It's always so exciting to be there. And Pop, oh how we loved Pop. I had the AOA make your own pasta twice and it was one of my favorite things all trip.

What building did you get?

We got the 60's building 5 facing the pool area, room 5109

Following along! We stayed at POP the night of the 5th before we moved to POFQ. We were in the 80's section facing the lake. I was pleasantly surprised with the resort and really liked it!

Following along! We stayed at POP the night of the 5th before we moved to POFQ. We were in the 80's section facing the lake. I was pleasantly surprised with the resort and really liked it!

Hi! Thanks for joining in! I think a lake view room would be really neat! We took a walk around the resort and I loved walking by the lake. We really enjoyed the resort too and the buses were really great too! POFQ looks stunning, did you enjoy that resort?

Hi! Thanks for joining in! I think a lake view room would be really neat! We took a walk around the resort and I loved walking by the lake. We really enjoyed the resort too and the buses were really great too! POFQ looks stunning, did you enjoy that resort?

Yeah, the lake view was really nice and our room also backed up to a wooded area so very tucked away it felt like. I have a lot of photos I took of the sunset over the lake the evening we arrived.

We really loved POFQ. We stayed there 3 nights and then moved on to the AKL. My mom and I were actually missing POFQ and I've decided that I'll be staying there if I do a solo trip next March! It's a small resort so everything is within a 5 minute walk there and it is nice and quiet. We had a top floor corner room in building 7 facing the river (but a huge magnolia tree was outside our windows so it was categorized as garden view) - we loved the location and the fact that we could easily walk to POR to use the pool or eat there and there was also a boat to DTD which was very nice and relaxing! I'd highly recommend POFQ!

Yeah, the lake view was really nice and our room also backed up to a wooded area so very tucked away it felt like. I have a lot of photos I took of the sunset over the lake the evening we arrived.

We really loved POFQ. We stayed there 3 nights and then moved on to the AKL. My mom and I were actually missing POFQ and I've decided that I'll be staying there if I do a solo trip next March! It's a small resort so everything is within a 5 minute walk there and it is nice and quiet. We had a top floor corner room in building 7 facing the river (but a huge magnolia tree was outside our windows so it was categorized as garden view) - we loved the location and the fact that we could easily walk to POR to use the pool or eat there and there was also a boat to DTD which was very nice and relaxing! I'd highly recommend POFQ!

Oooh, I'd love to see the sunset pictures!

Thank you SO much on your review of POFQ, I keep eyeing that resort for our next visit. I'm glad to know you loved it and want to go back there, it sounds super relaxing and I love that it is a smaller resort. How were the buses? Did you have any long waits?

Here is my pre-trip/trip report if you'd like to see the photos! They are on page 12 and the sunset pic is at the bottom of my post for that day - not sure why it just shows up as an attachment and not in the post itself:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ce...-updated-9-18-day-3-continued.3412663/page-12

We had good luck with the buses - there is only one bus stop at POFQ and luckily they pick passengers up there before heading over to POR which has four stops. The longest we waited was about 15 minutes but most of the time it was less than 5 minutes.

Your first WDW trip! How exciting! Your kids are so adorable :goodvibes Sounds like your trip is off to a great start, looking forward to reading more!

Looking forward to reading more! We leave in 6 days for our stay at Pop! And our first night looks very similar to yours - dinner at Landscapes of Flavor for the make your own pasta!! Thanks for the tip about asking for 2 desserts since we have the drinks already.

I am so glad we stuck with the preferred room.. we requested 60s lake view, so fingers crossed!

So glad you've started your report!!

I'm glad travel day went smoothly and that you enjoyed your first on property meal!

Love POP! Hope ya'll had a great trip, and post-Disney depression isn't hitting too hard!

We had a wonderful time, thank you! Luckily, I've been too busy to be sad so far. Reliving the trip helps too :)

Tagging along!

:wave: Glad to have you!

Your first WDW trip! How exciting! Your kids are so adorable :goodvibes Sounds like your trip is off to a great start, looking forward to reading more!

:wave: Thank you so much for your kind words!

Looking forward to reading more! We leave in 6 days for our stay at Pop! And our first night looks very similar to yours - dinner at Landscapes of Flavor for the make your own pasta!! Thanks for the tip about asking for 2 desserts since we have the drinks already.

I am so glad we stuck with the preferred room.. we requested 60s lake view, so fingers crossed!

Awe, I hope you have a most magical trip pixiedust: I loved our arrival night and would totally repeat it again next time.

60's lake view sounds perfect, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

So glad you've started your report!!

I'm glad travel day went smoothly and that you enjoyed your first on property meal!

:wave: So glad you are here!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter