If your heart is in your DREAM ……… a Aug/Sept 2011, NEW - links to dining/trip report

Ok, I don't know why it took me this long to realize the fault with the dates I've chosen for my maybe-trip in Aug. Andrew's birthday is on the 18th!!! If I go during the dates I've chosen and go to the Dismeet, I won't be able to celebrate his birthday with him.

So.......it looks like I might be moving this trip till next week, and just missing the Dismeet. I would definitely love a short solo trip to the World, but I'm sad I won't be able to meet up with you guys.

Hi Karin!!! Your plans look AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 What an amazing adventure- I just LOVE that you get all these discounts!!! :dance3:

Karin, how do you keep up with a job AND all these DISboard reports? :scared1:

I am so jealous that you guys get to vacation for a month at a time! It must be really hard to get back to reality after that. :rotfl:

Hey if you're gonna drive the 3 hours to see Nicki in Naples, then you should consider a 4 hour trip to see me in Tallahassee! Better yet, Nicki and I should meet you guys in the middle - at WDW! How bout it Nicki? ;)

:scared1:Ohmygosh, the bad news caption scared me!!! Although I am sorry your friends can't join you, but what a great reason!! Congratulations!!!!

And now what fun to be adding Naples to the trip! Now we'll have two Nicki driving TR's to look forward. :rolleyes1

:lmao: I needed a bit of an interesting title for my update! ;) and on the other hand, yes, it is bad news and good news!

We are now looking into driving to Naples for a night. We'll see how it all works out, there are still about 211 days until we finally start our summer adventure!

Ican't wait for more:goodvibes

Dining planning starting real soon - I can book my ADRs in just 31 more days! :woohoo:

Ok, I don't know why it took me this long to realize the fault with the dates I've chosen for my maybe-trip in Aug. Andrew's birthday is on the 18th!!! If I go during the dates I've chosen and go to the Dismeet, I won't be able to celebrate his birthday with him.

So.......it looks like I might be moving this trip till next week, and just missing the Dismeet. I would definitely love a short solo trip to the World, but I'm sad I won't be able to meet up with you guys.

Oh, that's a shame you can't come to the Dismeet, Yuki! :sad2: But celebrating Andrew's birthday with him, is a perfectly good reason to postpone! :thumbsup2Any idea on WHEN you will be at WDW? We'll leave for the DREAM on the 21st!

Yay you started a Dream PTR, so excited :teeth:

Once I had the second OKW booking "in the bag" I just couldn't wait to start the new PTR - even though I am not sure HOW I will cope with 5 active threads and being back at work! ;) :laughing:

Hi Karin!!! Your plans look AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 What an amazing adventure- I just LOVE that you get all these discounts!!! :dance3:

Thank you, Ellen! I cannot wait to really start the planning. :cloud9:

I could not do it without the discounts. We would either have to stay for a much shorter amount of time or stay at a more moderate resort! ;) But we just :love: OKW! :lmao:

Karin, how do you keep up with a job AND all these DISboard reports? :scared1:

I am so jealous that you guys get to vacation for a month at a time! It must be really hard to get back to reality after that. :rotfl:

Hey if you're gonna drive the 3 hours to see Nicki in Naples, then you should consider a 4 hour trip to see me in Tallahassee! Better yet, Nicki and I should meet you guys in the middle - at WDW! How bout it Nicki? ;)

How do I keep up with all of this? Honestly ....... I don't know! :scared1:

Going back to reality is the hardest thing ever, since we get back home on Sunday at around 3pm and we both go back to work the next morning, Tom at 4am and me at 7am! And there is a 6 hour time difference to bridge! :sad2:

Hm, it IS Labour Day weekend in the end when we come back after our DREAM portion of the trip, so if you and Nicki want to spend a few days at WDW .......? :goodvibes

I haven't done much planning yet, we only have our flights and hotels and cruises down, but I can make the first batch of my ADRs on Feb. 14, Valentine's Day!

It's all about food, heavenly food!

IMG_7202.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

See what my dilemma is! ;) :rotfl2:

So, I guess I better come up with a few restaurants to play around with!

The first part of our vacation Aug 13 - 21, will be 8 nights on the DDP.

Okay, here are our must does!
  • Breakfast at Olivia's on the first day - can't beat the strawberries and cream
  • California Grill
  • The Wave
  • Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Package
  • Via Napoli

....... and my maybe list ;)
  • Kouzzina, which we loved last summer
  • Citrico, which we never made it to, last summer
  • Sanaa?
  • Jiko?
  • Boatwrights?
  • Captain's Grill?
  • Turf Club?

If only Disney would come up with the park hours soon, so I could get my thinking cap on and do some more planning!

Any input, anyone?

I don't have any suggestions because so far your plans are perfect! :thumbsup2 BUT the pics made me hungry!! My mouth is watering and you can bet we do not have anything that delicious in the house! :sad2:

Cheerios for breakfast....nope, no strawberries and cream....:sad1:

;)

I don't have any suggestions because so far your plans are perfect! :thumbsup2 BUT the pics made me hungry!! My mouth is watering and you can bet we do not have anything that delicious in the house! :sad2:

Cheerios for breakfast....nope, no strawberries and cream....:sad1:

;)

Sorry for making you hungry! ;) You should know by now that I always use my food photos as teasers! :rotfl2:

So, Cheerios for breakfast, now what's for lunch? :lmao:

So, I guess I better come up with a few restaurants to play around with!

The first part of our vacation Aug 13 - 21, will be 8 nights on the DDP.

Okay, here are our must does!
  • Breakfast at Olivia's on the first day - can't beat the strawberries and cream
  • California Grill
  • The Wave
  • Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic Package
  • Via Napoli

....... and my maybe list ;)
  • Kouzzina, which we loved last summer
  • Citrico, which we never made it to, last summer
  • Sanaa?
  • Jiko?
  • Boatwrights?
  • Captain's Grill?
  • Turf Club?

If only Disney would come up with the park hours soon, so I could get my thinking cap on and do some more planning!

Any input, anyone?

Loving your must do restaurants and your maybes I would so do Citricos and Sannaa (even though I have eaten at any).

What about breakfasts like Ohana? Had such a great time and the pineapple bread is just ah-ma-zing!

Have you tried Teppan?

I know what you mean about park hours. I have done a rough guide for our vacation, but I know that it will most prob all change when the hours come out. But yours will be out soon and you can get planning away :)

Hi Kelly!
Great to have you here as well. How are you doing? Any plans for your next trip?
We're 156 days away! ADR's were made not too long ago, we've got our flights all set and the final deposit for the dance part is due in the next two weeks! Feels like we're not too far away!

As for you ADR choices... The Wave is fantastic, and I know you've been there before, so not shocked to see that one! Jiko is really good as well. We loved it! The have an amazing beef crepe for an appetizer that's delicious, as well as the apple tart for dessert! I recommend it!

Looks like my new dates will be for Aug 22-26. I'll be missing you completely :sad2:

But there's a possibility it may not be a solo trip. My best friend may be able to come with me!

Ooooh, all those places look great. I've only eaten at WCC and Boma, so I can't really offer any input.

Loving your must do restaurants and your maybes I would so do Citricos and Sannaa (even though I have eaten at any).

What about breakfasts like Ohana? Had such a great time and the pineapple bread is just ah-ma-zing!

Have you tried Teppan?

I know what you mean about park hours. I have done a rough guide for our vacation, but I know that it will most prob all change when the hours come out. But yours will be out soon and you can get planning away :)

We did actually agree on Citricos the other day! :lmao: If we do 2 signatures that would free 2 evenings for off property meals! ;)
Guess we will do Sanaa some time during the trip, just not sure it will be during the first part.

WE have had breakfast at Ohana. But we mostly miss our breakfast ADRs (decided the day before that we don't wanna get up that early the next day! :lmao: I am sure I will make a few ADRs, not sure if we won't end up cancelling them in the end.

We haven't tried Teppan Edo yet. I am not that keen on the "table sharing" :laughing:
And I would really apreciate it if Disney came up with the park hours some time soon! ;) :lmao:

We're 156 days away! ADR's were made not too long ago, we've got our flights all set and the final deposit for the dance part is due in the next two weeks! Feels like we're not too far away!

As for you ADR choices... The Wave is fantastic, and I know you've been there before, so not shocked to see that one! Jiko is really good as well. We loved it! The have an amazing beef crepe for an appetizer that's delicious, as well as the apple tart for dessert! I recommend it!

156 days!! :woohoo: They will be over in a flash! When we hit the double digits it started to go REAL quick!

Thanks for the :thumbsup2 on Jiko! WE have been there last summer and really liked it too!

Looks like my new dates will be for Aug 22-26. I'll be missing you completely :sad2:

But there's a possibility it may not be a solo trip. My best friend may be able to come with me!

Ooooh, all those places look great. I've only eaten at WCC and Boma, so I can't really offer any input.

Oh Yuki, with your new dates we will miss you by a day! :sad2: Shame!

But at least you might have a friend coming with you and Rosie should be there the same time too!
I loved the photos of your meet! Looks like you all had a lot of fun - didn't Rosie look good in her new "headgear"! :rotfl2:

Yuki You wont miss me !!! I am there 19th thru 27th and at POP!!!!!See ya !!!Maybe you will be wearing some Outlet Mall Bargains :confused3:banana:

But at least you might have a friend coming with you and Rosie should be there the same time too!
I loved the photos of your meet! Looks like you all had a lot of fun - didn't Rosie look good in her new "headgear"! :rotfl2:

Okay Have Tom Beat my Hat!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh Rosie just looked charming in her new hat!

Yuki You wont miss me !!! I am there 19th thru 27th and at POP!!!!!See ya !!!Maybe you will be wearing some Outlet Mall Bargains :confused3:banana:

I most probably will be! I bought some new dresses that I plan to wear at WDW. We'll definitely have to spend some time together at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter