If you threaten to quit your

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
job, would they panic ?

nope, I am easily replaceable, they like me, but a replacement wouldn't be to hard to find

I think so. We are too specialized and I do a lot of things nobody else does. My boss is too busy to help anyone else learn and he doesn't know some of it. I try to make notes in the event of an emergency...but it would be difficult for someone to step in.

Yes, my husband would totally freak out if I quit cooking his meals and picking up his dry cleaning. :rotfl:

LOL YES!! I am a lunch lady..BUT I am one of the VERY few who know how to use the computer cash register (my school was the only one who had this computer for the past 3 years...) our other two schools just got them so everyone else is still learning. If I take a day off from work they panic..so yes, if I quit it would send them in a panic

My company wouldn't even blink an eye. It takes them months to train someone and literally years to get someone experienced enough but they don't have sense to care about that.

nah, if i quit, my boss wouldn't panic. the girl who trained me for the bookkeeping part of my job still works one day a week, so, if i quit, he could ask her to work an extra day or two and do my job. it wouldn't even phase him.

My company wouldn't even blink an eye. It takes them months to train someone and literally years to get someone experienced enough but they don't have sense to care about that.

I think we work for the same company.

I would like to think they would go into major panic because I am the only one who knows how to do what I do and I carry with me a fairly large book of business. But I hate to come right out and say that because I feel like I would be jynxing things or setting myself up for a major Karma slap. :rotfl2:

So I will just simply say that while I believe that I am an exceptionally valuable asset to my firm, I am also very lucky to be a part of such a great place to work and love my job as much as I hope they love me.

Yup! Not sure what DH and the kids would do, but it wouldn't be pretty. :rotfl2: As for DH yes his boss would panic. And then he would call me to try and get him to go back.

Probably. Except I currently get about 25% of the stores total credit applications. I have three times more than the next closest person for the year. All the management team goes crazy over getting them.

I actually know the answer to this question because I quit my job 2 weeks ago! I am not sure if I am now retired or unemployed.

I'll have to ask DH since we are now both retired. I'm sure there are days he would love to replace me. :laughing:

When I worked I made myself irreplaceable. I learned how to use our video conferencing equipment to joke around with a friend in the Boston office. But then I wad the only one in NY that knew how to connect it.

They could have eventually brought the company back in to train someone else, but that would take time. So I guess I wasn't easily replaceable.

I have a new boss who is systematically replacing employees with her own people, so I'm sure she'd be thrilled if I left on my own (which I'm trying to do).

Disney Ella said:
I have a new boss who is systematically replacing employees with her own people, so I'm sure she'd be thrilled if I left on my own (which I'm trying to do).

Same situation here.

But since it's a school, timing matters. If I left at the end of a school year it would be "don't let the door hit ya on your way out!" But right now we can't even find the 1 new math teacher, never mind 2! So yes, right now there would be some panic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter