If you threaten to quit your

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by low-key, Sep 23, 2012.

1. low-key

low-key DIS Veteran

job, would they panic ?

nope, I am easily replaceable, they like me, but a replacement wouldn't be to hard to find

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bjscheel

bjscheel (Avatar art by my daughter)

I think so. We are too specialized and I do a lot of things nobody else does. My boss is too busy to help anyone else learn and he doesn't know some of it. I try to make notes in the event of an emergency...but it would be difficult for someone to step in.

4. canopynut66

canopynut66 DIS Veteran

everyone is replaceable

5. low-key

low-key DIS Veteran

of course but some of us are more easily replaced :rolleyes1

6. Janepod

Janepod <font color=royalblue>The new dinning plan is out.

Yes, my husband would totally freak out if I quit cooking his meals and picking up his dry cleaning. :rotfl:

7. kacaju

kacaju DIS Veteran

LOL YES!! I am a lunch lady..BUT I am one of the VERY few who know how to use the computer cash register (my school was the only one who had this computer for the past 3 years...) our other two schools just got them so everyone else is still learning. If I take a day off from work they panic..so yes, if I quit it would send them in a panic

8. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

My company wouldn't even blink an eye. It takes them months to train someone and literally years to get someone experienced enough but they don't have sense to care about that.

9. momof1princess

momof1princess <font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex

nah, if i quit, my boss wouldn't panic. the girl who trained me for the bookkeeping part of my job still works one day a week, so, if i quit, he could ask her to work an extra day or two and do my job. it wouldn't even phase him.

10. kahpets

kahpets Mouseketeer

I think we work for the same company.

11. sunshine1178

sunshine1178 DIS Veteran

They would; I have spoiled them. But the company wouldn't fall apart. (Don't tell them that, though!)

12. Princess on the Run

Princess on the Run Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I would like to think they would go into major panic because I am the only one who knows how to do what I do and I carry with me a fairly large book of business. But I hate to come right out and say that because I feel like I would be jynxing things or setting myself up for a major Karma slap. :rotfl2:

So I will just simply say that while I believe that I am an exceptionally valuable asset to my firm, I am also very lucky to be a part of such a great place to work and love my job as much as I hope they love me.

13. kimblebee

kimblebee now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Sadly, no.

14. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

Yup! Not sure what DH and the kids would do, but it wouldn't be pretty. :rotfl2: As for DH yes his boss would panic. And then he would call me to try and get him to go back.

15. Callie

Callie Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Probably. Except I currently get about 25% of the stores total credit applications. I have three times more than the next closest person for the year. All the management team goes crazy over getting them.

16. powellrj

powellrj DIS Veteran

I actually know the answer to this question because I quit my job 2 weeks ago! I am not sure if I am now retired or unemployed.

17. S. C.

S. C. The mitten state

I'll have to ask DH since we are now both retired. I'm sure there are days he would love to replace me. :laughing:

18. Albort

Albort ODV Crew

I threaten to quit once... they promoted me if i took back my 2 weeks back... :P

19. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

When I worked I made myself irreplaceable. I learned how to use our video conferencing equipment to joke around with a friend in the Boston office. But then I wad the only one in NY that knew how to connect it.

They could have eventually brought the company back in to train someone else, but that would take time. So I guess I wasn't easily replaceable.

20. Disney Ella

Disney Ella DIS Veteran

I have a new boss who is systematically replacing employees with her own people, so I'm sure she'd be thrilled if I left on my own (which I'm trying to do).

21. ilovefh

ilovefh Is it Disney time yet?

Same situation here.

But since it's a school, timing matters. If I left at the end of a school year it would be "don't let the door hit ya on your way out!" But right now we can't even find the 1 new math teacher, never mind 2! So yes, right now there would be some panic!