If you had a night out without the kids, where would you dine at Disney?

honey11dog

Live in Florida, but my heart and home is with LSU
:cool1: For the first time, since our honeymoon in 1995, my DH and I will have a night to ourselves at Disney. We are going with our close friends and they are going to keep the kids and vice versa. I am looking for suggestions on restaurants to eat at either in the parks or at the hotels. We only have one night solo, so where should we go?

What do you like?

For steak, Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC.

For seafood: Narcoossee's at the GF or Flying Fish @ Boardwalk

For Mediterranean: Citricos @ GF or Spoodles @ Boardwalk

For California Cuisine: CA Grill @ Contemporary

For Pacific Northwest (game meats and seafood): Artist Point @ WL

These are, I think, the best "adult" places to dine.

My DH and I are doing a "Adults Only Night" one night when we are in Disney also. My ILs are coming with us and they want to take the kids out one night :cool1:. We decided on Cali Grill, we have never been there before but knowing that the restaurant is located ontop of CR with an awesome view of MK just seemed like a romantic setting. After Cali Grill we are then going to head on down to either Boardwalk or to PI for some fun :banana:

Artist Point, great food and nice quiet :love: romantic setting. WL is the most beautiful resort and the Territory Lounge is a wonderful place for a cocktail.

We do love California Grill too. Food and view are amazing, but be prepared it is very busy and loud.

Enjoy your :hug: date night!
Mrs. Disney Ron

Last year DH and I went to California Grill on our "night out". THis year we're going to Yachtsman's Steakhouse. For us it all depends on where we're staying, we don't like to go to far away from the kids.

I would dine at Jiko or Artist Point. You can't go wrong with either.

date.gif

I've only had one "adults-only" night at WDW:sad2: and a friend and I did what was then called the "monorail drink-a-thon". We actually planned out all the resorts we wanted to see, started at the Poly for a LapuLapu (and to drop the kids off at the Neverland Club) and worked our way to quite a few bars where we had cocktails and appetizers at each one. It was a really fun night out, we got to try the food at 5 or 6 places and toured the other resorts -- so much fun!

California Grill. If you like to have a drink before dinner, you can hop on the monorail and stop at the GF or the Poly for one. :)

Honorable mentions:
Artist Point
Jiko
Bongos (if you want more lively action)

On our last trip, we had appetizers and drinks someplace noisy and rather unremarkable at Downtown Disney. House of Blues, maybe? Then we hit Pleasure Island till the wee hours. On this trip, we're going for a tamer, more romantic pace - dinner at Shula's, a stroll along the BoardWalk, and exploring World Showcase without the kids.

go to V&A. Great food, great experience. Absolutely never be able to take kids. And you won't have to be interupted by anyone else's either!!

My DW and I try to go to Artist's Point once each trip without the kids. We usually go to Disney in Aug., which is also our anniversary (22 years this year !!) And if we mention (and we always do !) that we are celebrating our anniversary, the staff treats us with comp. champagne or dessert ! The food is great, and if you go a little later in the evening (after 8), it it mostly adults and relatively quiet. Have fun !!:thumbsup2

I've only had one "adults-only" night at WDW:sad2: and a friend and I did what was then called the "monorail drink-a-thon". We actually planned out all the resorts we wanted to see, started at the Poly for a LapuLapu (and to drop the kids off at the Neverland Club) and worked our way to quite a few bars where we had cocktails and appetizers at each one. It was a really fun night out, we got to try the food at 5 or 6 places and toured the other resorts -- so much fun!

What a GREAT IDEA ! I am going to steal it ! - No ADR's cause you are hitting the bars - correct ? I am unable to drink - but I bet the have non alch drinks at these places ...... can't wait.

My top choice is California Grill, but Jiko is really a great place, too. :love: Have a great time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter