If you got a BOG dinner after your 180 ADR date

A friend and I went last November and we didn't get our BOG reservation until the day before. Don't give up hope!

We've eaten dinner there 5x and never gotten (or tried for) an ADR at 180 days except for when they first opened, until our upcoming trip this Nov. So for this trip I got 2 ADR's at 180 and 6 days later was able to change one to a different time; for our other trips I got them anywhere from 5 months out to 4 hours before :thumbsup2 Don't stop looking if you really want to eat there!

This thread is very encouraging but I'm not that optimistic anymore about scoring reservations for dinner there. We'll be there for one the MNSSHP nights and we've been obsessively checking the system for a BOG dinner. We've been keeping an eye on the cancellation thread too. I guess fingers crossed still... :rolleyes2

We are 39 days out and I just snagged a dinner reservation for 6 people. I haven't obsessively checked but I do try every few days. Lucked out today.

I just returned from a trip that included BOG dinner. I was also unable to get one at 180 days, and checked reguarly, but at about 1 1/2-2 month before our trip someone on here posted a thread that there were several BOG reservations for May and June available. I logged on and snagged one. It appears that Disney had just released some because there were several out there. I have also had lucked stalking the "Cancelled ADR" threads in getting a BOG reservation for a friend in August.

I have also seen BOG available the day before when looking for a trip for my sister. Just keep checking. You have plenty of time I'm sure if you keep checking you will eventually get one!

I didn't even plan on trying for dinner, so I booked 2 BOG lunches on our 2 MK days, at 180 days (we're travelling in November,) then about a week later I was just looking at reservations on the website and a 7:15 dinner res popped up. My heart skipped a beat, I think! So, I grabbed it and haven't seen another one since. It's so random.

As other posters said, Disney opened a large number of BOG reservations days in April for our July trip. I got two BOG lunches, an 8 am breakfast, and 2 dinners. Around the same time period Disney also added some September dates for BOG (nothing for dinner was available when I booked at 180 +5 for our September trip) and I got a BOG dinner for our September trip. It is frustrating when you work so hard to plan and get up early at your 180 mark and Disney just randomly adds dates and times later. Makes it easier for those who make plans closer to their trip (like we did for our July trip), but makes things tough on us when we are meticulous planners and start early.

I going to try at my 180 next week. keeping fingers crossed.... it's just party of 2 so maybe that might make things a little easier

For those that were able to get an ADR on your 180 + 10: did you find it better to call? Or were you able to get it online @ 6AM? Especially interested in lunch. Thanks!

I've been trying for a BOG dinner since my 180+ and haven't had any luck yet. I'm going during free dining (although I'm not on free dining) so that isn't helping. But I'm wondering, for those of you who were able to snag a BOG reservation when one wasn't available at 180, how close to your trip did you manage to grab it? I'm going in November, so I still have a lot of time. I'm thinking I'll have better luck as we get closer to our date, maybe at 60 days when people cancel ADRs because of FP+ or at 45 days when people have to pay in full for their stay. Just curious as to what others experiences have been getting a coveted BOG dinner reservation.

I landed Be Our Guest last summer about 3.5 months out. Landed one for August about a month ago for my niece and I. I wish you were going in August, because I have one that we are going to let go here soon, because my niece and I are going there together. (it's her favorite) I have checked 24-48 hours before hand, that's been my trick lately in landing a reservation, and have seen Lunch and Dinner pop up! Keep trying!

ok, so what is this free dining and how do you qualify?? I've been reading about this for a while now and don't know what this is. Thanks :)

We are eating there this Friday and got our reservations this past weekend. So definitely keep trying!

My experience was similar to the PP. I actually had a choice of what day I wanted and what time I wanted, as Disney had loaded a whole pile of different reservation options - both lunch and dinner. This was around mid-May and we are travelling at the end of August. When my plans changed again, I recently randomly checked the reservations site (I have actually been trying harder to get a Via Napoli reservation for 4 - BOG was easy for me), and I was able to get a 5:10pm on the day I wanted. The best advice I can offer (and I am not an expert), would be just to keep on checking! Either Disney will load some on, or someone will cancel closer to the date. If you actually check multiple times per day (or at least once a day) I guarantee you will find something eventually! Persistence pays off.

Do you think it's really possible that Disney will add on more reservations? Does that actually happen sometimes?

I got on at my 180 and was only able to get a dinner for the 8th night of my trip. I should tell you I am going the end of Sept into Oct., so we have 3 MNSSHP nights during our trip and it's free dining. What I had wanted was dinner on one of the party nights we were going to, so I just kept checking daily at random times. In fairness I checked online 3-4 times a day at random times, occasionally called the reservation line, and signed up for the cancel threads on here. A little over a week ago I randomly checked online around 530 pm and scored dinner for one of the party nights. In case you haven't looked BOG is only open 4-6 for dinner those nights so I never thought I would get it. I think if your just keep trying you will find something, but just be flexible. I would have preferred 430, but I got a 530 which I'm thrilled to have. Good luck!

Good job! That's great you got a party night reservation! I will keep trying too.
Have a lovey time!!! :cutie:

I found BOG about 4-6 weeks before our trip, they just happened to open up a mess of them one night around 2 a.m. There weren't any available at 180 days for us either, I had to stalk the ADR page!

That's funny. I am wondering is Disney opened some up for guests. It's hard to believe a lot of people would cancel at the same time so early in the morning. Sounds like they may open up tables 4-6 weeks before.

Last edited:
That's funny. I am wondering is Disney opened some up for guests. It's hard to believe a lot of people would cancel at the same time so early in the morning. Sounds like they may 4-6 weeks before.

Unless someone was hoarding a bunch of small tables or someone cancelled a HUGE table, Disney definitely released more. I had three people in my party and after I made my reservation they had a lot more tables available for the exact same time.

I've read multiple places on here and my Disney FB groups that Disney will release more tables as they see a need. It's hard to gauge what the crowds will be like 6 months in advance so they release more as they see a need for them so it is very possible that more will be released in the fall. I actually lucked into a dinner randomly one evening when I was searching for any night during our stay but I'm still hoping they will release more so I can get one on my MVMCP night instead. I'm fairly confident (hopeful) that they will especially now that it seems they will be extending breakfast.

For our Nov.29th - Dec.5th trip, I was up at 5:30 am on my 180 day ready to get BOG for dinner on the 29th. I knew it would be hard, not only because it's the first ADR of our trip and lots of other people have had a jump on it, but also because it was technically still Thanksgiving weekend. It's also the night of MVMCP, so times are limited from 4 to 6 for dinner. My daughter's birthday is on the 29th too, and all she wanted was to eat at BOG and meet the beast!

As 6:00 finally comes and I get past all the error messages, I find out that it's totally booked. For the whole week in fact! Well, every day except the Saturday Dec. 5th at 6:00 pm. Which would only figure considering our flight departs at 9:30 pm. I ended up booking 1900 Park Fare instead.

I literally checked the site multiple times per day and night looking for an ADR to open up. On average, I searched 10 times daily. During bathroom breaks, during breakfast, coffee break, lunch, dinner, in the evening, before bed, and so on.
My 180 day was on a Tuesday. On Friday during lunch, I searched, and a 4:45 shows up! 2 hours ago, it wasn't there, now it was, and I finally got it.

So in the end, it took me 3 1/2 days and between 30-40 tries to get it. It is possible, so nobody give up hope and keep trying!

I was unable to get a BOG at 180 days either. Hoping they continue breakfast past July and those open up so if we can't get lunch, breakfast will do just fine.

As other posters said, Disney opened a large number of BOG reservations days in April for our July trip. I got two BOG lunches, an 8 am breakfast, and 2 dinners. Around the same time period Disney also added some September dates for BOG (nothing for dinner was available when I booked at 180 +5 for our September trip) and I got a BOG dinner for our September trip. It is frustrating when you work so hard to plan and get up early at your 180 mark and Disney just randomly adds dates and times later. Makes it easier for those who make plans closer to their trip (like we did for our July trip), but makes things tough on us when we are meticulous planners and start early.

Is it that good that you would have 5 meals there during one WDW trip? Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter