If you could create the new ride at Disney..

Queen2PrincessG

DIS Veteran
What would it be?

I would create a Princess and the frog ride. Something similar to Forbidden journey where there is a mix of screen and animatronics.

I want a Wall-E inspired ride (potentially like Soarin'?) that would be like you were flying through space with Wall-E after he left Earth. That scene is so beautiful and potentially my favorite in the move :goodvibes

I want a Wall-E inspired ride (potentially like Soarin'?) that would be like you were flying through space with Wall-E after he left Earth. That scene is so beautiful and potentially my favorite in the move :goodvibes

I agree. Wall-E gets left out. He needs something.

I've always had a soft spot for the classics. I have an idea for a Sleeping Beauty dark-ride. I think the battle against the dragon has all kinds of potential!

If you want to do something SOARIN' related, I'd say use the movie Up instead of Wall-E. The imagery of almost colliding with buildings or a blimp. That's fun.

For me, I think you could make a roller coaster similar to the Manta ride base on Monsters Inc. Instead of the manta though, make the car and the ride, similar to the door conveyor belt. It could also be interactive like EE, except using Randall instead of the Yeti

Let's get back into some good old Disney animatronics! I miss The Mickey Mouse Revue, so I'd love something like that.

I'd like something for all ages, so make it charming, bring in TONS of Disney characters (WALL-E invited!) and use all those wonderful Disney songs we all love.

Did I mention lately that my trip is in 16 days? WOO HOO!!:cool1::cool1:

I would like to see more Disney Movie inspired rides at DHS. Some people mentioned a Monsters Inc. Roller Coaster, I think an Alladin Indoor Roller Coaster would be neat, It can look like you are riding a carpet throught the night sky, (Maybe too much like Space Mountain though), Something new for Stitch, But most of all I would love to see a ride inspired by a Villian, I don't really care which one.

If you want to do something SOARIN' related, I'd say use the movie Up instead of Wall-E. The imagery of almost colliding with buildings or a blimp. That's fun.

Definitely. I love UP too! I think that would make a great ride. You could definitely translate the concept of flying to a story, instead of just "over California." (Don't get me wrong, I like Soarin'... I just wish it was different from the one at DCA. At least "Soarin' over the Southeast" or something.)

I would make a roller coaster that took you through the sorcerers apprentice scene in fantasia.
It would be a kids coaster, but not dumbed down as much as the goofy coaster.
The car would be the hat or a broom. It would be in the dark with everything happening around you. The car would also spin....if you've been to Six flags NE and ridden Pandemonium think that ride.

I would put it in DHS because they are serious need of intermediate rides.

ETA...you would also get wet on this coaster.

A Fantasia-themed dark ride or a Tron thrill ride, possibly a mix of dark ride and mild coaster.

A Lost related ride at Disney-MGM. Ya, i know it will never happen, but the idea of a Roller Coaster exploring the island makes me happy.

I would update and reopen the Wonders of Life Pavilion. When you consider the terrible eating habits and general health of our nation in general and children in particular I think it is more needed now then ever.

I would update the Body Wars ride the same way Star Tours was updated considering it uses the same ride technology. I'd have a new show in the theater that Cranium Command was in. There are a lot of possibilities for what can be in there and it can be centered on health or the human body in general.

The main floor could have fitness related exhibits like the old Fitness Fairgrounds and there could be an updated show that highlights food and nutrition that is like the old Kitchen Kabaret show that was in The Land.

If any industry is doing well enough in the current state of the economy it is the drug and health care companies. They could pony up some cash to sponsor the pavilion and, quite frankly, both could use the positive PR.

One more thing I would have done (though that ship has sailed) was instead of making Mission:SPACE a stand alone pavilion I would have made a Space pavilion much like The Land. I'd have a thrill ride, even the current Mission:SPACE attraction as is would work, I'd have a dark ride that is much like the old Horizon's show, and I would have either a museum-like exhibit about space and spaceflight or a space-themed restaurant.

I actually prefer the rides that aren't associated with any particular Disney film/television show/etc. To me, they carry their own identity that's unique to the park. Some examples: Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Maelstrom. I would include Haunted Mansion and Pirates in there as well, since the films came long after the ride.

So if I had to add an attraction, it would be nice to see Epcot get a true coaster. Test Track is fine, and Mission Space is pretty thrilling, but Epcot needs a ride on par with Expedition Everest. Maybe a Canada, Japan or China coaster?

If we want to add a coaster to Epcot, what about something related to the Matterhorn? There would be the tie-in with DL and Walt's original thinking, the international tie-in with the Alps, and it could be a really high-tech, cutting edge coaster for the teens and thrill junkies! If memory serves, one of the Pavillions- Germany? Italy?- was originally supposed to have a ride-through dark ride, like HM or something (my memory doesn't serve too well these days...) so there should be space out behind that area, and it's the logical spot for an Alps-related coaster.

I agree with Granite.

My other thought would be to have an Old West appearing ride. You are on a stagecoach or a Pony Express ride and are trying to get through the bad lands. You select which route to take. Majority rules the selection in the case of a group ride.

I would add a ride where all the teens and pre-teens would be strapped into straightjackets and forced to listen to cheerleaders on Disney trips screaming inappropriately for 4 hours straight, or until their ears bled (whichever comes first).

I actually prefer the rides that aren't associated with any particular Disney film/television show/etc. To me, they carry their own identity that's unique to the park. Some examples: Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Maelstrom. I would include Haunted Mansion and Pirates in there as well, since the films came long after the ride.

So if I had to add an attraction, it would be nice to see Epcot get a true coaster. Test Track is fine, and Mission Space is pretty thrilling, but Epcot needs a ride on par with Expedition Everest. Maybe a Canada, Japan or China coaster?

I kind of agree. When a ride is themed to a movie, it's appeal can be lost if the movie characters fade out of popular culture. Some kinds of settings and characters are classic and will weather those shifts better. Of course, Epcot isn't set up to be a thrill park (more cultural/educational) and that's good because a lot of people cannot ride things that bump around too much.

Maybe for Epcot they could eventually make Soarin' across the world (down famous landmarks?) so it isn't just a copy of the DL ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter