If You’re Screaming that Means You’re Still Alive!” Updated x4 3/12!-The End!

Thank you! I'm a total pink girl and proud of it!
I'm definitely glad we tried it and it did need an update, I'm looking forward to giving it another try on my next trip!
Illuminations should be updated, more fireworks, less globe.
I agree, I'm afraid when I go in Feb its going to look naked haha

I've chosen pink for my magic band in July!
Yeah I agree less globe is needed!!

If only that woman's birthday theory was true! :rotfl:
They should stick to the traditional (easy) characters to draw in the classes!! :p

YAY welcome to the Annual Passholders club! Being able to go to the parks whenever is great enough, but all the discounts and perks just make it even better :thumbsup2

Hahaha oh gosh that mom in line at TSM was too funny. Years ago you got in for free on your birthday, but that ended after a year and I don't think Disney would give away dinner and FPs :confused3

Nope, I'm with you, I've only done TOT once and I felt so awful after that I'm never doing it again. You can fling me upside down or send me down a flume, but the multiple straight drops are not fun for me!

I feel like drawing the newer characters is a lot more challenging than drawing the classics. My dad and I drew Wreck-It Ralph right after the movie came out and it was really tough! You did a good job, though!

Ummmm yeah, my view was little different. :rolleyes2

ANNUAL PASS!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Haha that woman at TSMM sounds (unintentionally) hilarious. I remember back in 2009 they had a promotion where you did get a free park pass on your birthday (or a gift card $ equivalent). I think some people think that happens all the time.

I didn't end up using FP- very much, but honestly with the FP+ one park limitation, it's hard not to. Unless you don't park hop I guess. And with an ANNUAL PASS!!! you're gonna park hop.

AHHHH I so wanted to do the Animation Class too, but I just kept putting it off so I've still never done it. But Holy Cow, despite how cool it was to get to draw Elsa, yeah, I imagine it would be hard. I do love the idea of getting the character to sign it. :thumbsup2

Now that's funny!

It was too funny! My Mom and I were just like, yeah that's nice ok.

I've chosen pink for my magic band in July!
Yeah I agree less globe is needed!!

If only that woman's birthday theory was true! :rotfl:
They should stick to the traditional (easy) characters to draw in the classes!! :p

Pink is where it's at!
I know I wish it was true!
I agree! I know they were trying to promote Frozen but Elsa was too hard!

YAY welcome to the Annual Passholders club! Being able to go to the parks whenever is great enough, but all the discounts and perks just make it even better :thumbsup2

Hahaha oh gosh that mom in line at TSM was too funny. Years ago you got in for free on your birthday, but that ended after a year and I don't think Disney would give away dinner and FPs :confused3

Nope, I'm with you, I've only done TOT once and I felt so awful after that I'm never doing it again. You can fling me upside down or send me down a flume, but the multiple straight drops are not fun for me!

I feel like drawing the newer characters is a lot more challenging than drawing the classics. My dad and I drew Wreck-It Ralph right after the movie came out and it was really tough! You did a good job, though!

So much better. I was loving the 10% merchandise discount.

It was too funny, I remember that promotion but nothing but a ticket came with it I think. I don't know what she was thinking of. Even her husband looked at her like she was nuts.

Haha I keep doing it even though I hate it.

So tough! Wreck-it Ralph would have been rough too! But I get that they want to promote the films but I just wanted to draw Mickey haha.

Ummmm yeah, my view was little different. :rolleyes2

ANNUAL PASS!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Haha that woman at TSMM sounds (unintentionally) hilarious. I remember back in 2009 they had a promotion where you did get a free park pass on your birthday (or a gift card $ equivalent). I think some people think that happens all the time.

I didn't end up using FP- very much, but honestly with the FP+ one park limitation, it's hard not to. Unless you don't park hop I guess. And with an ANNUAL PASS!!! you're gonna park hop.

AHHHH I so wanted to do the Animation Class too, but I just kept putting it off so I've still never done it. But Holy Cow, despite how cool it was to get to draw Elsa, yeah, I imagine it would be hard. I do love the idea of getting the character to sign it. :thumbsup2

Yours was just slightly better :lmao:

Thanks! I'm so excited, now I just have to figure out a way to get to Disney A LOT this year!

She was too funny! Even her husband was looking at her like "honey, what have you been smoking"

I can't handle not park hopping haha. I park hop everyday!

Ahh you should have stopped in for the Animation class, it was great! I'm already looking forward to stopping in again next trip! I really want to draw someone I can meet afterward to have them sign it.

It’s like a free Disney day! – Part 2
Friday December 6, 2013

Our TSM FPs were ready so we headed over there next!

IMG_0305_zps4fa7c9ea.jpg

I love all of Andy’s drawings in the queue

IMG_0306_zps01154f8e.jpg

We were riding with Slinky dog this time!

IMG_0307_zps9511f373.jpg

I rode with Dad and Mum rode alone

IMG_0308_zpsf1bf4cf1.jpg

The ride was a ton of fun like always

IMG_0309_zps2636e261.jpg

I ended up beating Dad and moving up a prize category! It was a good day!

IMG_0310_zpsd96ec4b0.jpg

Can you tell I love the loading area??

Next up it was time for a little reunion with one of my favorite Disney snacks

IMG_0311_zps43a81220.jpg

The amazing red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls.

I don’t remember what my parents got but we all took a little break and sat outside Starring rolls and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. Ahh it was perfect!
Our original plan was to hang out at HS until noontime and then head back take a break and head over to MK for a few rides before MVMCP started but we were having a good time so we decided to head over to the 1pm Beauty and the Beast show.

I hadn’t seen this show in a few years so I was excited!

IMG_0312_zps8556b9e7.jpg

IMG_0314_zps7e226323.jpg

I just love all the costumes in this show.

IMG_0316_zps2058ef5f.jpg

IMG_0318_zps323b0a27.jpg

IMG_0319_zpse336c583.jpg

The show was great as always. I especially thought the young lady playing Belle did a fabulous job. She sounded just like her and she had a fabulous voice. Well done Disney!

Next Dad and I headed over to RNRC to use our FPs! My Mom isn’t a huge roller coaster fan so she sat this one out.

IMG_0320_zps36d807d8.jpg

IMG_0321_zps8335b59c.jpg

This ride doesn’t have the most interesting queue but they do a great job with what they got.

IMG_0324_zps093c3e08.jpg

I’m a sucker for all Disney pre-shows, this one is no exception <3
“Make it a stretch, in fact make it a super stretch. Ok guys, the show is all the way across town but I got you a really fast car!”

The ride was amazing as always! The acceleration is just incredible.

IMG_0326_zpse8e39492.jpg

Has anyone noticed RNRC is sponsored by Hanes? That just seems wrong haha

IMG_0327_zps28e8046d.jpg

We decided to head out after this and go back to Pop for a little break before MVMCP!

IMG_0328_zps91a3e342.jpg

We hopped in the car and made it back to Pop in record time. I love how close POP is to HS.

We hung around for about an hour before heading out the MK for MVMCP!
I was so excited!

Stay Tuned!

The red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls brings back yummy memories. The last time we were there, my DD, DS, DDIL and myself all got something different so that we each try a different taste. That cupcake is awesome!!

Subbing! I was in WDW a week after you were, so I'll be curious to see how your experience differed from mine.

Love all your pics of the TSM queue! I've never done standby so I miss out on all the cool decorations!

LOL at the Mom who thought you got all that on your bday! Don't we wish that were the truth!

I'm glad TOT only ended uo being 20 mins instead of 60! I guess I can forgive you for not loving it, as along as you forgive me for disliking RnR :upsidedow

I'm sorry Dad couldn't make it to the drawing class, but YAY you finally got to do it! I'm sorry you didn't get a better character though, Elsa does seem SUPER hard.

Sounds like you guys had a great day so far! Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!!

I just adore all the tinker toys in the TSMM loading area.

Mmmmmm Red Velvet Cupcake. Can you believe I had my first one ever just last trip? Shocking I know.

I know, POP is SO CLOSE to MGM. Like minutes.

YAY MVMCP. I actually ended up at that party too as a last minute decision before it sold out. Can't wait to hear how your night went.

Too bad about Universal but great pics at TSM.
Your drawing is a lot better than mine would be. LOL
Great updates and pics

The red velvet cupcake is on my list for July!
Looks like you had a good 'bonus day' :goodvibes
Can't wait to hear about your time at the MVMCP!popcorn::

The red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls brings back yummy memories. The last time we were there, my DD, DS, DDIL and myself all got something different so that we each try a different taste. That cupcake is awesome!!

Omgee it's just so good. I clearly need to go with more people so I can try them all :lmao:

Subbing! I was in WDW a week after you were, so I'll be curious to see how your experience differed from mine.

Welcome!! :wizard:

Love all your pics of the TSM queue! I've never done standby so I miss out on all the cool decorations!

LOL at the Mom who thought you got all that on your bday! Don't we wish that were the truth!

I'm glad TOT only ended uo being 20 mins instead of 60! I guess I can forgive you for not loving it, as along as you forgive me for disliking RnR :upsidedow

I'm sorry Dad couldn't make it to the drawing class, but YAY you finally got to do it! I'm sorry you didn't get a better character though, Elsa does seem SUPER hard.

Sounds like you guys had a great day so far! Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!!

The decorations are definitely cool, but not cool enough to ride stand by very often, that line gets long!

I totally wish all of that was true, she was too funny!

That's a deal. I do love RNRC! TOT is growing on me

Thanks and its ok, we got the chance to do another one later on in the trip! And it went MUCH better haha. Elsa was SO hard.

I just adore all the tinker toys in the TSMM loading area.

Mmmmmm Red Velvet Cupcake. Can you believe I had my first one ever just last trip? Shocking I know.

I know, POP is SO CLOSE to MGM. Like minutes.

YAY MVMCP. I actually ended up at that party too as a last minute decision before it sold out. Can't wait to hear how your night went.

Me too, its just SO perfect!

I can't believe you just tried one?! But don't worry I had my first one during my Dec 2012 trip, I've been obsessed since my first bite. :rotfl:

So convenient!

I can't wait to share, we had an AWESOME time, I hope you did too!

Too bad about Universal but great pics at TSM.
Your drawing is a lot better than mine would be. LOL
Great updates and pics

Thank you Scott! The drawing was definitely not my best, but it was still fun!

The red velvet cupcake is on my list for July!
Looks like you had a good 'bonus day' :goodvibes
Can't wait to hear about your time at the MVMCP!popcorn::

Get it, its SO good, you will not regret it!

It was a great day!

It's coming up soon I promise!

A Little PTR!
Princess Half Marathon Trip – February 2014!

Hey guys, before I continue on with this trip report, I wanted to pop in with some news on my next trip!

The itinerary and cast has finally been settled on and I am only 35 days out!
This trip has been a LONG time in the making and I am so excited to go!

The Quick Backstory…

Last year around this time I was feeling a bit, ahem, fluffy. I needed to get back to being active for so many reasons so I started looking around for something to get me back out there and back in shape.

I decided to take up running again, I could exercise the dog at the same time, its pretty inexpensive and believe it or not I actually used to like running back in high school when I ran cross country.

Now, I knew I probably wouldn’t stick with casual running routine so I started looking into doing a half marathon. I’d have to train a lot for it so I figured it would make me stick with the sport.

While researching half marathon training I came across RunDisney. I sort of knew RunDisney existed but I didn’t realize how awesome it was!

I came across the Princess Half Marathon held at Walt Disney World and I knew I had to do it!

I rented DVC points to stay deluxe and waiting impatiently for registration to open!

In the mean time I completed my first 10K

558857_864408256946_949499829_n_zps11ba6b45.jpg

I won my age division and Spencer (DBF) won the whole thing! We are not actually that good it was just a small race but it was fun to say we won none the less

A few weeks before registration opened for the Princess Half RunDisney announced they were adding a 10K to the weekend and adding the Glass Slipper Challenge for people who wanted to run both races. So if you run the 10K and the half you get an extra t-shirt and medal saying you completed the Glass Slipper Challenge.

I was hesitant to do two races in a row but an inaugural 10k and challenge was too good to pass up so I signed up to complete the Glass Slipper Challenge. I’ll run to 10K on Saturday and then the Half on Sunday!
I signed Spencer up to do the half with me on Sunday.

Between sign ups and now I’ve done 3 half marathons! I didn’t want to Disney to be my first, I wanted to know I could do it haha!

935822_621895177835818_1949036774_n_zps8aee98a9.jpg

My first half was the Old Port Half Marathon right in my hometown, it was hot and difficult but I did it and if its even possible got more addicted to running!

1044177_10200707592751807_1972183449_n_zpsbbdf339c.jpg

Next up was the Maine Half Marathon in Oct, I pr’d this one at 2:08!
I also ran 3 other 10ks so the Glass Slipper Challenge will be my 4th 10K and 4th Half!

After seeing a ton of pictures from Marathon Weekend last weekend I am so pumped to do my first RunDisney event!

The Who

IMG_0596_zps0dc25ba7.jpg

Well there’s me of course!

And joining me on this special trip is my best friend Allen!

253873_10150200843741687_7891125_n_zps0989259a.jpg

Spencer was supposed to join me on this trip but due to his work schedule and have a wedding rehearsal to attend that weekend (its a week before his friend’s wedding like who does that? Haha) he won’t be able to make it.
So Allen’s coming with me as his stand in haha. Allen’s going to run the half with me which I’m super excited about. I was getting worried I’d have to run it alone!

247107_10150200236631687_4841025_n_zps7c7faee2.jpg

Allen and I have been friends since middle school and best friends since college. Here we are in Italy on my college graduation trip!

He is a great travel buddy so I’m super excited to have him along for the ride! Allen has been to Disney a few times as a child but not for awhile. His parent's are more Universal people... I know crazy! I'm excited to show him how I do Disney. I mean the kid's been 5 times but hasn't ridden Peter Pan :faint: Craziness, I booked a FP+ to make sure we get on it, its one of my favorites!

The When!

Our dates are officially Feb 20th-25th 2014! Another short trip but I’m short on vacation days so 5 days will have to do!

The Where!

JesssPics575_zps2740bf06.jpg

We are doing one night at my beloved POP Century before switching over for a 4 night stay at the Boardwalk!

IMG_0483_zpsdb0f84ed.jpg

I rented DVC points for a pool/garden room studio! It’s my first time renting points so I hope it works out well!

IMG_0474_zps1c4a8b29.jpg

I love love love the Epcot resort area so I am SUPER excited to stay here!

The Plan

Thursday Feb 20th
We land in Orlando at 5:30pm, we are taking the Magical Express to Pop!
If we are feeling up to it we might head over to the MK for a little evening fun and Wishes!

IMG_0836_zps92b704c4.jpg

I booked some FP+ over here to use if we make it over in time!

Friday Feb 21st
We’ll send our luggage off to the BW and then we are heading over to the Expo to pick up our race bibs, t-shirts and shop around.

After the expo I think we are actually going to spend part of the day at Typhoon Lagoon. It was Allen’s one request because he beyond obsessed haha. So I plan on leaving him in the wave pool and relaxing in the lazy rive until he comes and fishes me out haha. Hopefully its warm!

After Typhoon Lagoon we’ll check into the BW and head over to Epcot for the evening.

IMG_0465_zps1ea55cd9.jpg

We booked a couple FP+ selections (TT, MS and Turtle Talk) and we have dinner scheduled at Chefs de France! We’ll also probably stay for Illuminations.

Saturday Feb 22nd

I will be getting up at the crack of dawn, oh wait 3am, it will still be dark haha! Ready to take on my first Disney 10K!

After I’m finished I’ll shower, meet up with Allen for some breakfast and head out to the AK.

I booked FP+ for Everest, the Safari and Dinosaur. I’m going to try my best to take it easy and wander around. We’ll also probably try to see Nemo and Flights of Wonder just to stay off our feet a bit.

IMG_0966_zps01040eb2.jpg

I’m toying with switching this out with HS because there would be a lot more sitting involved over there, but I’m thinking that would be better on Monday when we are recovering.

We have a dinner reservation at 4:30pm at Via Napoli over in Epcot for some Carb loading and then I think we’ll catch the boat over to HS to see Fantasmic. We need to get to bed early so I’m thinking staying close by will be a good idea.

77022_4168692335206_1791749433_n.jpg

Sunday Feb 23rd
The day all my dreams come true!

We will be getting up super early to run the Princess Half Marathon! I’m super pumped!
After the race we have a breakfast scheduled at Cape May. Then we will most likely take a nap or just hang around the pool for the day.

We have a celebration dinner at O’hana booked at 5pm and then we are going to head over to MK for Wishes and fun! I’m not sure how late we’ll be able to stay but hopefully we won’t be too exhausted.

Monday Feb 24th

I think we’ll spend part of the day over at HS after we sleep in a bit, but not too much! I HAVE to beat Allen at TSM, I’ve been talking myself up about it and I CANNOT lose to him haha.

IMG_0310_zpsd96ec4b0.jpg

Hopefully we’ll have time to do a little drinking around the world before heading or to MK for our reservation at BOG! I’m super pumped to have dinner here!

207795_4168808898120_1337658541_n.jpg

Tuesday Feb 25th
I booked breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table to round off this Princess Weekend Trip. I’m SO excited, I’ve never eaten here before. I think it will be the perfect end to the weekend. I snagged an 8am reservation so we’ll be up early!

IMG_0568_zps34cf01f5.jpg

Then we plan on spending the rest of the day in MK.

We’ll have to catch the ME around 4pm for our ride back to the airport. We fly out at 7:05pm : (

Firsts I’d like to do this trip!
• See Dream Along with Mickey
• See the Shake it, Celebrate it Parade
• See Mickey’s Jamin Jungle Parade
• Pick a Pearl in Japan
• Meet Peter Pan!
• Meet Tiana and Naveen
• Meet Wreck it Ralph (Allen’s new favorite Disney movie)

I probably won’t have time to share any more details on this trip because I really want to finish this December trip report before I leave, but I’m definitely going to be sharing my costumes for 10k and the Half. I'm really happy with how they are looking so far, I’m really excited to share them with you!

Red velvet cupcake, Beauty and the Beast, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster...basically my perfect Disney time! I still find the RNRC pre-show hilarious even though I have it memorized at this point.

Your trip plans look awesome! I'm so jealous you're staying at the Boardwalk, such a beautiful resort. I also like your list of new things to try. The Jammin' Jungle Parade is so underrated, the music is so catchy and there are some really great characters!!

Jess, don't knock it. To win your division and Spencer win the whole thing is a marvellous achievement. Good on you! :cheer2:

So glad you got a replacement runner for your trip!

Haha, I still get a kick out of that POP photo. AND you're staying at Boardwalk = Jealous Me!

Your plans look awesome, but wait... You haven't seen Move It Shake It or Dream Along??!! OK, you NEED to do both of these things FOR SURE!!!

Great DHS updates!! DH and I love that park so much. I STILL have never had a red velvet cupcake though. How tragic!

We are big fans of the Animation Academy, but human characters are freaking HARD! The only time I have ever gotten really frustrated in that class was trying to draw Tinkerbell. :furious: Elsa looks pretty hard too, and I can't imagine that anyone else's besides the animator came out looking a ton like Elsa!

Has anyone noticed RNRC is sponsored by Hanes? That just seems wrong haha

Makes sense to me, I'm sure a lot of people have needed new undies after that launch!! :lmao:

Great updates!!!

I ran for a long time, and then took a break. I'm getting back into it now -- and my dream is to one day to a 1/2 at Disney!

Kudos to you for completing 3 half marathons! That's awesome that you signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge, I can't wait to hear how it goes! I'm sorry Spencer won't be joining you, but at least you have a good friend to go with! And staying at Boardwalk, very exciting :) And you guys are eating at such yummy places too. I love all the firsts you have planned, I hope you get to do them all! Can't wait to see your costumes, and you definitely have to do a TR on this trip when you get back :)

Red velvet cupcake, Beauty and the Beast, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster...basically my perfect Disney time! I still find the RNRC pre-show hilarious even though I have it memorized at this point.

Your trip plans look awesome! I'm so jealous you're staying at the Boardwalk, such a beautiful resort. I also like your list of new things to try. The Jammin' Jungle Parade is so underrated, the music is so catchy and there are some really great characters!!

Oh it was SO perfect! Such a good bonus day! I love the pre-show too, too funny. The pre-shows basically make Disney attractions, they are all so perfect.

Thank you! I'm so excited to stay there, I can't wait.

I'm really hoping to be able to catch that parade. The Christmas version was great so now I want to see the normal version.

Jess, don't knock it. To win your division and Spencer win the whole thing is a marvellous achievement. Good on you! :cheer2:

So glad you got a replacement runner for your trip!

Haha, I still get a kick out of that POP photo. AND you're staying at Boardwalk = Jealous Me!

Your plans look awesome, but wait... You haven't seen Move It Shake It or Dream Along??!! OK, you NEED to do both of these things FOR SURE!!!

Thank you Rob! It was pretty cool for my first 10k.

Me too! Disney races seem like they will be way more fun with a running buddy!

Haha I love that photo too, I look like such a dork, its awesome! I can't wait to stay at the Boardwalk, I love that area so much.

I know I know, its crazy I've never seen them. It WILL happen this trip!

Great DHS updates!! DH and I love that park so much. I STILL have never had a red velvet cupcake though. How tragic!

We are big fans of the Animation Academy, but human characters are freaking HARD! The only time I have ever gotten really frustrated in that class was trying to draw Tinkerbell. :furious: Elsa looks pretty hard too, and I can't imagine that anyone else's besides the animator came out looking a ton like Elsa!

Makes sense to me, I'm sure a lot of people have needed new undies after that launch!! :lmao:

Thank you! My love for DHS has definitely grown it has a great atmosphere. You need to try one, they are so GOOD!

She was SO hard. We went back later in the trip and got much easier characters but it was a difficult first class. I saw other people's when they held there's up they didn't look much better haha. The animator was like oh those look... nice haha.

Haha I never thought of it that way, but that makes sense!

Great updates!!!

I ran for a long time, and then took a break. I'm getting back into it now -- and my dream is to one day to a 1/2 at Disney!

Thank you! I hope you get to do one someday!

Kudos to you for completing 3 half marathons! That's awesome that you signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge, I can't wait to hear how it goes! I'm sorry Spencer won't be joining you, but at least you have a good friend to go with! And staying at Boardwalk, very exciting :) And you guys are eating at such yummy places too. I love all the firsts you have planned, I hope you get to do them all! Can't wait to see your costumes, and you definitely have to do a TR on this trip when you get back :)

Thank you! I'm really excited and I can't wait to share all about it! It's a bummer he can't come but I'm glad Allen can, I think it will be much better to run with someone else vs solo!

I can't wait to stay at the Boardwalk, hopefully it will be wonderful! And I can't wait for all the yummy food, ahh I'm making myself hungry.

I'm going to make it a point to do the firsts this trip!

I'll definitely be doing another trip report, they are a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter