If You’re Screaming that Means You’re Still Alive!” Updated x4 3/12!-The End!

Final Thoughts.

Overall we had a fabulous trip to the world. Disney at Christmastime just can’t be beat, it was simply fabulous. We enjoyed the decorations, MVMCP, Candlelight Processional and the Osborne lights so very much.

I also really enjoy traveling and spending time with my parents so it was wonderful to spend the week with them. I am hoping DBF will be able to join me for the next trip though, I did miss him.

We also had a great experience with the magic bands. We didn’t have any problems with our bands or FPs. I’m not a huge fan of only getting 3 and the tiering but I love the concept and it was super easy to change stuff around on the mobile app.

I’ll leave you with my souvenirs from the trip!

IMG_1024_zps63f41c90.jpg

IMG_1025_zpsa826bf2b.jpg

Pin trades from the trip. I definitely didn’t trade as much as I wanted but I got a few good ones

IMG_1030_zps9fd4b9f8.jpg

Updated pin board!

I think I may need to pick up another one of these to display my latest pins and trades, problem is I can't find a matching one...

And last but not least my vinylmation

IMG_1026_zps7fcc813d.jpg

IMG_1028_zps8323f28d.jpg

IMG_1027_zpse610d756.jpg

Some of the paint chipped off and I got a transfer from the paper bag I had him in but overall he worked out great. I was able to paint over his imperfections when I got home and I actually brought it again in February to get some more signatures!

If I did it all over again I would put more than one protective top coat on it. I put another on over the signatures after I touched it up and it held up much better this second trip!

I’m hoping to get my Princess Half Marathon trip report started soon so keep your eyes open for that, I’ll post a link in this trip report when I get it up and running.

Thank you so much everyone for following along with me and commenting. It really meant a lot to me that so many of you cared what I had to say about my trip!

Thanks again for reading and have a magical day :wizard:
!

While it sucks when your flights get cancelled, it's nice that you were able to get in a full Disney day out of it!

As much as I love CP, I definitely would have gone with the Osborne Lights too. :thumbsup2 They are so amazing! It's nice that you were able to fit in a few other things at DHS too, and still have plenty of time to enjoy the lights.

Great TR! I look forward to your race TR!

Such cute character pics, I love their Christmas outfits! I agree that the Mickey & Minnie line is very slow moving!

I'm glad you were able to sort out your flight/hotel without any problems, though a bummer that you couldn't stay onsite! I completely understand not having a say in the matter though.

And you got to stay and see the parade which is awesome!

How cool that you got to draw Mike! I definitely would like to draw him! Yours came out great!

I think it's awesome that you were able to use your extra night to explore DHS on your own and do things that you wanted to do at your own pace!

Your updated pin board looks so great, as does your vinylmation!

Can't wait for the next TR :)

Ha, this is a great character meet to beat the crowds as long as you know when they come out. Same thing for me. I was ready beforehand, and once I was done, the lines grew like crazy!

AHHH I love watching the bats. Just fascinating.

Lion section for the WIN!!!! Yeah, it's my fav.

I LOVE watching the other interactions with the characters. Some people just want to get in and out, but my GOD you really miss out if you don't watch the other ones.

Wow, glad you were able to rebook your flight, but BOO on offsite. But extra time is still a wonderful thing.

OMG the AK parade is LOADED with families. I thought it was so funny. I guess the logic is you don't have to pay them.

It's certainly not a must do for me, but I do appreciate Disney "Christmasing" it up.

All right, more bonus Disney time. Can't complain about that. And what a great finish too.. Osborne Lights and TSM.

BAHAHAHA, typical male not asking for directions... even from a GPS.

It had to be a fab trip. There's nothing quite like Disney at Christmas and all the "extras" that are unique to that time. PLUS you met ME!!!!!!!!

And last, but certainly not least, the final product of the vinylmation is truly fabulous. That would be my favourite souvenir bar none. Just Fabulous!

OK, you can start the Marathon TR now...

got a few updates behind but will try not to over-comment :)

Glad you got to ride on Splash but sorry about the drama getting to the dessert party - at least you made it on time! And great picture of Tinkerbelle!

The water makes Dumbo so much better (though I miss the old location right be the castle). It is also a totally different ride at night which is cool!

I don't think I ever noticed the sign in the line for the safari indicating your journey would be aboard Simba 1 ... that's pretty good that they know at that point which truck you would get - unless you mean to tell me they are all Simba 1, which just wouldn't make any sense ... I assumed it was just luck that I always got the same truck ;)

I too love the views from the top of Everest ... nice shots!

Looks like a fun meet & greet with the Big Cheese and his main squeeze! The story with the man from Japan in front of you was very cute!

Sorry about your flight getting delayed but glad it worked out and you wound up with more time in Disney!

I really need to get to see Osborne Lights one of these years

Wow - you really kicked Player 1's butt at TSM ;)

Love the Vinalmation ... what a great idea!

Overall - just a great job with your trip report!

I hope you don't mind another follower...I stumbled upon your TR and just spent the past hour reading the whole thing lol It sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to see your report from the races!

One quick question though...why don't you like Dinosaur?

i love the idea of getting a vinylmation signed! that's such a great souvenir. and i love your pin board too!!
this was such a great TR, i really enjoyed reading it!

What a great AK day!! So many great little details...and your pictures captured so many of them.

Your Mom on EE is too funny! Great quote!!

TRs are always so sad when they come to an end....especially when you go from warm and sunny to snow! But it sounds like you had a fabulous trip overall....and there's always next time!! :cheer2:

Wahhh can't believe I missed the end! I was out of the country, that's my excuse.

:rotfl: LOVE the title reveal! My mom does Everest once and that's it, but I love it so much.

Santa Goofy is just the best! I really wish I could have met Mickey and Minnie in their sweaters, they are too adorable.

Sounds like an awesome night at DHS! Solo park time can be really fun, especially when you've been with your family all week and need a little time to breathe...at least that was the case for me :lmao:

I may or may not steal your Vinylmation idea for July. It came out great!

Thank you so much for writing this TR, Jess! I loved hearing all about your trip. I'm so glad I "met" you through the DIS and I'm really excited to hear about the half marathon!!

While it sucks when your flights get cancelled, it's nice that you were able to get in a full Disney day out of it!

As much as I love CP, I definitely would have gone with the Osborne Lights too. :thumbsup2 They are so amazing! It's nice that you were able to fit in a few other things at DHS too, and still have plenty of time to enjoy the lights.

Great TR! I look forward to your race TR!

So nice getting a whole Disney day, especially because I was dying to get over to the Osborne Lights again!

They are so amazing, it was a no brainer for me haha. I was shocked how much I was able to do over there before closing, it was awesome!

Thank you so much for following along with me! pixiedust:

Such cute character pics, I love their Christmas outfits! I agree that the Mickey & Minnie line is very slow moving!

I'm glad you were able to sort out your flight/hotel without any problems, though a bummer that you couldn't stay onsite! I completely understand not having a say in the matter though.

And you got to stay and see the parade which is awesome!

How cool that you got to draw Mike! I definitely would like to draw him! Yours came out great!

I think it's awesome that you were able to use your extra night to explore DHS on your own and do things that you wanted to do at your own pace!

Your updated pin board looks so great, as does your vinylmation!

Can't wait for the next TR :)

Thank you! It's great that they spend so much time with you but oh my that line is slow!

I was starting to panic a bit on the safari but it was easy enough to work out haha.

I loved the parade, I was so glad we got to stay for it!

Mike was awesome, pretty simple and easy to make look good

We were definitely on the verge of too much togetherness so it was awesome to go to DHS for some solo time!

Thank you! They are both up in my office, I love my Disney shrines :p

Thank you so much for following along, the new report will be up soon! pixiedust:

Ha, this is a great character meet to beat the crowds as long as you know when they come out. Same thing for me. I was ready beforehand, and once I was done, the lines grew like crazy!

AHHH I love watching the bats. Just fascinating.

Lion section for the WIN!!!! Yeah, it's my fav.

I LOVE watching the other interactions with the characters. Some people just want to get in and out, but my GOD you really miss out if you don't watch the other ones.

Wow, glad you were able to rebook your flight, but BOO on offsite. But extra time is still a wonderful thing.

OMG the AK parade is LOADED with families. I thought it was so funny. I guess the logic is you don't have to pay them.

It's certainly not a must do for me, but I do appreciate Disney "Christmasing" it up.

All right, more bonus Disney time. Can't complain about that. And what a great finish too.. Osborne Lights and TSM.

BAHAHAHA, typical male not asking for directions... even from a GPS.

It had to be a fab trip. There's nothing quite like Disney at Christmas and all the "extras" that are unique to that time. PLUS you met ME!!!!!!!!

And last, but certainly not least, the final product of the vinylmation is truly fabulous. That would be my favourite souvenir bar none. Just Fabulous!

OK, you can start the Marathon TR now...

I was shocked how fast their line grew, people were literally running over when they saw them :rotfl:

Haha they are pretty cool, I don't stay long though they creep me out just a little bit!

Totally, do one wants to ba like a girafee they want to ROAR! :rotfl2: At least that's how I feel about it.

Watching other character interactions are the best, adults and kids alike I LOVE it!

Haha that's very true they are cheap labor! :scratchin

Extra Disney time is so glorious, its the first time surprisingly it's ever happened to me.

SUCH a typical male, I was so annoyed.. poor Dad :rotfl2:

It was such a fab trip and yes meeting you did put it over the top :p

He's sitting up in my office right now, I LOVE it!

Your wish is my command, it went up today haha.

What a great report! Thanks for posting.

Thank you for following along! pixiedust:

got a few updates behind but will try not to over-comment :)

Glad you got to ride on Splash but sorry about the drama getting to the dessert party - at least you made it on time! And great picture of Tinkerbelle!

The water makes Dumbo so much better (though I miss the old location right be the castle). It is also a totally different ride at night which is cool!

I don't think I ever noticed the sign in the line for the safari indicating your journey would be aboard Simba 1 ... that's pretty good that they know at that point which truck you would get - unless you mean to tell me they are all Simba 1, which just wouldn't make any sense ... I assumed it was just luck that I always got the same truck ;)

I too love the views from the top of Everest ... nice shots!

Looks like a fun meet & greet with the Big Cheese and his main squeeze! The story with the man from Japan in front of you was very cute!

Sorry about your flight getting delayed but glad it worked out and you wound up with more time in Disney!

I really need to get to see Osborne Lights one of these years

Wow - you really kicked Player 1's butt at TSM ;)

Love the Vinalmation ... what a great idea!

Overall - just a great job with your trip report!

It was the end of the trip, some family drama was bound to happen eventually :rotfl:

I do miss seeing Dumbo behind the castle even though I never rode it but I love the new look with the double spinners, its so magical!

Haha Disney knows how to make you think it's all about you

Thanks! I love being at the top of Everest, you can see everything it feels like!

Minnie and Mickey was just an all around fabulous meet, I loved it!

SEE THEM, they are so amazing and the pictures don't do them justice at all!

Player 1 was just being so lazy haha

Thank you so much for following along! pixiedust:

I hope you don't mind another follower...I stumbled upon your TR and just spent the past hour reading the whole thing lol It sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to see your report from the races!

One quick question though...why don't you like Dinosaur?

Not at all, all followers welcome!

I'm glad you liked it! And my new report got started today! pixiedust:

Haha I definitely have a love hate relationship with that ride, I'm not a scary things person at all and I hate the scarier dinos at the end because I'm a wuss :rotfl: But I love the storytelling, the ride vehicles and the beginning of the ride so I still go.

i love the idea of getting a vinylmation signed! that's such a great souvenir. and i love your pin board too!!
this was such a great TR, i really enjoyed reading it!

I love the vinylmation, its up in my office and makes me so happy!

Thank you so much for following along! pixiedust:

What a great AK day!! So many great little details...and your pictures captured so many of them.

Your Mom on EE is too funny! Great quote!!

TRs are always so sad when they come to an end....especially when you go from warm and sunny to snow! But it sounds like you had a fabulous trip overall....and there's always next time!! :cheer2:

I'm obsessed with the detail at the Animal Kingdom, it's just so well done. I might even accept Avatarland if its as pretty as the rest of the park!

This sounds bad but I love "forcing" my Mom to do thrill rides or even zip lines and stuff. She's SO funny when she's freaking out but she always pulls through!

Definitely hard to come back to snow but it helped knowing i'd be back so soon, getting back in Feb however, was a different story haha.

Wahhh can't believe I missed the end! I was out of the country, that's my excuse.

:rotfl: LOVE the title reveal! My mom does Everest once and that's it, but I love it so much.

Santa Goofy is just the best! I really wish I could have met Mickey and Minnie in their sweaters, they are too adorable.

Sounds like an awesome night at DHS! Solo park time can be really fun, especially when you've been with your family all week and need a little time to breathe...at least that was the case for me :lmao:

I may or may not steal your Vinylmation idea for July. It came out great!

Thank you so much for writing this TR, Jess! I loved hearing all about your trip. I'm so glad I "met" you through the DIS and I'm really excited to hear about the half marathon!!

That's a pretty cool excuse! I hope you had a fabulous time! I saw some of your pictures on instagram it looked like you had an awesome time!

Haha thank you! Our Moms are very similar. I love Everest but I have yet to go with someone who wants to ride it as much as me haha.

The Christmas sweaters are so cute, I'm glad they are keeping them around even though Camp Minnie Mickey is gone!

Solo time was wonderful and was definitely needed! There's such a thing as too much togetherness haha.

Do it! Just use more than one coat of the sealer, I love mine!

Awww thank you so much, I loved writing it! I just started the next one! I've been enjoying following along with your trip reports and glad I "met" you too!

New Trip Report is Up!

Hey Everyone! I finally got started on my Princess Half Marathon weekend trip report! You can find it overhere

I hope you will all follow along with me on my newest Disney adventure!

Thank you again everyone for all your comments and support on this trip report!

Have a magical day! pixiedust:

I think it was a good choice to ride Splash.
I only rode Dumbo last year for the first time.
2 lioness’ and 1 lion. They are great to see when they are awake.
Aww! The baby Okapi is cute.
Nice EE pics,
She is so right about the screaming and being alive. LOL
Dinosaur is a must do for us.
Walking the trails is great.
I love FOTLK. Missed it last time which was a bummer.
When we were there the line for Mickey was over an hour. YIKES!
Too bad POP wasn’t voted on but gave you more time in the park.
Nice score on TSM.
Seems like a great night at DHS.
Great report and pics. Thanks for sharing.
Off to the new report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter