If the bride is wearing black, can I wear white? Update p.2

Not sure your age, but in case you weren't sure if the 'young Michelle Phillips' was a compliment or not, here's a pic of her back on the day:

blog12.jpg

I always thought she was very attractive- couldn't find a pick of her wearing a similar dress, but it reminded me of her style.

Have fun!! :)

Oh, I wasn't offended at all! I take it as a compliment and I agree the dress definitely has a 60s/70s boho-chic/peasant-style vibe. :)

My gut reaction was "no way", but after seeing the dress, I think it's totally appropriate. When you ask her, be sure to show her the photo.

I think it's probably fine, and I like the idea of asking the bride what she thinks. That said, I agree with the poster who said that she would not wear it because of the risk of spilling condiments...that's me too! I never wear white when I'm going somewhere that I expect to be eating.

If your bride is wearing black that could be an ominous sign

:rotfl2::rotfl2: As someone who has a place in Salem, Ma, you haven't been to many weddings around here. White is the aberration. Here especially around Haloween red & black are the norm.

Update: Had lunch with the bride today. She genuinely laughed when I told her I was concerned about offending her and she told me, "Honey, come in shorts and flip flops. I don't care. It's a barbecue and the dress is adorable!" Ahhhhh, I love that girl.

Sounds like it;s going to be a perfect party :thumbsup2

Update: Had lunch with the bride today. She genuinely laughed when I told her I was concerned about offending her and she told me, "Honey, come in shorts and flip flops. I don't care. It's a barbecue and the dress is adorable!" Ahhhhh, I love that girl.

Ok I love this bride:thumbsup2:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter