If money was not an issue, which resort would you choose?

allstonsmommy

Mouseketeer
Title says it all.... if you were planning a Disney vacation and had no budget restrictions which resort would you choose to stay in and why?

We have always wanted to stay at the Poly but it is way too expensive. We love the theme, the monorail, and O'hanas. We are DVC though and can not justify that kind of $ per night when we can stay at other great places.:)

I'd also try the polynesian.

Ironically one of the more disappointing trips we ever took was where we spent the most money. The Grand Floridian. The service there was absolutely horrible, the entire 7 days. What a waste of a beautiful building. Go figure.

We only get to stay at moderates and will now only stay at POFQ, but if I could stay anywhere excluding inside the castle, it would be the Poly! We would have Kona every morning!

I've done GF RPC TPV for two vacations and its pretty hard to beat for 2 people.

For more than 2 people I would have to say a Grand Villa, savannah view, at Jambo House.

We don't really like the darker resort hotels like the Poly. We would love to stay at the GF and now that they are building DVC I am even more keen to join DVC. It is such a beautiful resort.

Beach Club also looks nice but is more within our price range. We love SSR and are staying there next year for 11 nights! Yay! Gets way too little praise- it is a wonderful and beautiful resort.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We absolutely love the Beach Club! Can't beat the location, the pool, or the service. Stayed at the Poly last year and was seriously disapointed that Disney charges in the neighborhood of $500 rack rate for rooms that are in serious need of a rehab.

I would love to stay in a theme park view at the Contemporary, but I'm not sure it would beat the warm, cozy feeling I get at the Beach Club!

We only stay at POFQ. If money were no object, we would love to stay at both Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian. In fact, we just started another change bucket three days ago for a Grand Floridian fund so we can end a future trip with a night or two there someday. I did price our upcoming February trip for the Grand Floridian and can't say I would stay there for an entire week after seeing the price difference, but I would LOVE to experience it for a least 2 days. I would definitely do a whole trip at Wilderness Lodge because we loved our prior stay at Fort Wilderness campgrounds, but that was in my younger camping days. I need a room now.

A two-bedroom villa at either BLT or BWV. For two weeks...I would invite various people to join us at different times!!!

Count me in for Poly too but only if we actually had extra money, not if we made a lot more and had a little extra to spend on a trip. We're not lay around the resort people and I doubt that would change at a nicer one, but we'd probably spend a little more time there.

Very excited about staying at POR next year but if money were no object i would probably choose the Grand Floridian, maybe one day :lmao:

Would not change where we love to stay the most - in our MH in the FW campsites. Have stayed there since they opened, and have our *home away from home* where ever we choose to vacation. Love the freedom and convenience of staying on site though, also love visiting and eating at most of the other resorts. :woohoo:

The Polynesian. CL & theme park view. During the Christmas holidays!
I love the atmosphere of the resort, but usually settle for dining there and
walking around enjoying the scenery. Guess I'd better buy that lottery ticket. :)

allstonsmommy said:
Title says it all.... if you were planning a Disney vacation and had no budget restrictions which resort would you choose to stay in and why?

We've always wanted to try Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. So that

! If it's something we've done before I know Dh would probably say Poly CL but i would say WL CL.

Poly Concierge MK view.

Just a gorgeous setting with the lush tropical landscape. The view across Seven Seas Lagoon to the MK makes this a really special place.

We've been fortunate to have stayed at 4 WDW deluxe resorts, and have loved each one. So I'd like to stay at GF Royal Palm to cross it off my bucket list :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter