If money was no object...

Poly Bungelow. I think. Just because of it being on the water and being able to see Wishes. It's also, like $15000 a night. I know I could never in my wildest dreams be able to afford it so if money was no object, it would be there. I could say Contemporary with Magic Kingdom view. I think it would be incredible to sit on my balcony and watch the fireworks. Finally, AKL with a Savannah view. I want to wake up with animals. So, I guess I need to do a 3 week stay and stay in all of them. The last two could eventually happen.

Grand Velas, Puerta Vallarta, Mexico...

It's where we went on our honeymoon, it was a gift from DH's (very wealthy) aunt and uncle. Maybe not the best choice for an "unlimited budget", but it has a lot of memories for us, and I would go back there in a heartbeat...

In Disney terms... I've stayed at CR, I really don't have an interest in the Poly or GF. I would like to stay at WL maybe club level, and for like 10-15 days!!! :)

Contemporary - Bay Lake Tower with Theme Park View! That was my favorite room that I have ever stayed in! I loved being able to walk back from Magic Kingdom instead of waiting in horribly long lines for busses at the end of the night. I also loved the ease of the monorail to get to EPCOT or MK if we didn't feel like walking. The room was super nice. I loved it more than Grand Floridian (which we went during monorail construction and the bus system to MK from GF was horrible!) Staying at Bay Lake Tower again is my dream! We could never afford it now.

Grand Velas, Puerta Vallarta, Mexico...

It's where we went on our honeymoon, it was a gift from DH's (very wealthy) aunt and uncle. Maybe not the best choice for an "unlimited budget", but it has a lot of memories for us, and I would go back there in a heartbeat...

In Disney terms... I've stayed at CR, I really don't have an interest in the Poly or GF. I would like to stay at WL maybe club level, and for like 10-15 days!!! :)

I'm so glad you said this!! We are going to Grand Velas in Riviera Maya for the first time this December and this makes me more excited to go!

As far as WDW, I would choose a garden suite at BWI. They are so quiet and secluded and you have a quiet pool right outside your door. Plus CL amenities and walking distance to EP, DHS, tons of restaurants, the BW entertainment, etc.

I've stayed CL in other WDW resorts including RPC at GF and went to a party in a Poly bungalow on our last stay. I still prefer the garden suite at BWI. The bungalow was gorgeous, but way too much space for 2 people, so to me it would be a massive waste of money. Plus, I don't really like the amenities at Poly. Too few restaurants, pool was crowded, etc.

I think the EP resort area is a bit more adult oriented than the monorail resorts and I would definitely prefer to be in that area for a couples only trip!

Poly Bungelow. I think. Just because of it being on the water and being able to see Wishes. It's also, like $15000 a night. I know I could never in my wildest dreams be able to afford it so if money was no object, it would be there. I could say Contemporary with Magic Kingdom view. I think it would be incredible to sit on my balcony and watch the fireworks. Finally, AKL with a Savannah view. I want to wake up with animals. So, I guess I need to do a 3 week stay and stay in all of them. The last two could eventually happen.

Seriously, for that money you can actually go to Bora Bora (which is AMAZING by the way). My husband and I we were talking that it's DISNEY... they did a sand bottom pool at YC/BC, why did they not make it so you can swim in the water off the bungalow?!? Insert something to close off the lake and clean out a portion of it... or put in a pool... SOMETHING!!! ANYTHING!! That's the pull of the bungalows in Bora Bora - you can just JUMP into the water and swim!! We actually have no desire to stay in the ones here because I don't get the pull of it!! I really wish I did!!

For non-disney, I'd say either the underwater suite at the Atlantis in Dubai. It's UNDERWATER - SO COOL!

For Disney... I think we'd pick a Contemporary MK view.

...and it was just you and your significant other, where would you stay and why?

This pretty much describes my situation exactly.
As we stay onsite several times each year, we like to rotate between the Deluxe resorts that we enjoy the most. Each has it's own reasons, Yacht Club for decor and location to Epcot, HS and the Boardwalk.
AKL as my girlfriend (and I) love the animals and enjoy seeing them first thing each morning, during the day and before we go to bed. It's also our favorite lobby of all the resorts.
Poly and the Contemporary because of the styling and the proximity to MK.
Wilderness Lodge for it's NW style and construction as well as the way it's lobby is structurally designed in a similar fashion to the AKL.
But we are still of the mind that we don't need to get more than we need to be comfortable. That means we don't get suites, as a regular room is fine for the two of us, and we don't stay club level as we wouldn't use the lounge's very often if at all.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that we're also perfectly happy staying at PORFQ as we love the styling and stay there at least once a year in a regular room. Money is a convenience for us, but happiness is in the heart..:)

Like a PP, I would choose a garden suite at BWI. Feels so private, like your own little space. And not like a hotel room. Easy access to wonderful quiet pool. Club level amenities. Walk to Epcot, and all the wonderful restaurants. Walk to HS. Ah, man, I would love that vacay!

Reactions: Kae
I'm so glad you said this!! We are going to Grand Velas in Riviera Maya for the first time this December and this makes me more excited to go!

That's so funny!!! DH and I loved it! We had a one bed suite and patio with a full size bed... The patio overlooked the pools it was such a great time!!!

We're staying in it in December... CR Tower TPV. :cloud9: The only thing I'd upgrade is to go CL. That was out of my range this time. I can't wait to sit on the balcony with an adult beverage & watch the fireworks. (The week before Christmas! :santa:)

Back in the mid-90's we were upgraded big time at the GF to TPV & we were too young & new to WDW to really enjoy & appreciate it. I loved staying there though. We were treated like royalty.

Seriously, for that money you can actually go to Bora Bora (which is AMAZING by the way). My husband and I we were talking that it's DISNEY... they did a sand bottom pool at YC/BC, why did they not make it so you can swim in the water off the bungalow?!? Insert something to close off the lake and clean out a portion of it... or put in a pool... SOMETHING!!! ANYTHING!! That's the pull of the bungalows in Bora Bora - you can just JUMP into the water and swim!! We actually have no desire to stay in the ones here because I don't get the pull of it!! I really wish I did!!

For non-disney, I'd say either the underwater suite at the Atlantis in Dubai. It's UNDERWATER - SO COOL!

Bora Bora is my dream vacation. That will be quite awhile.

The walt Disney suite at the GF would be nice. OR a bungalow at the Poly. OR the Presidential suite at the CR. Or the Cinderella Castle suite...........so many nice choices.......perhaps we wold do a month long split stay and try them all!

I'd love to stay at Bay Lake Tower Theme Park View.

We love the modern style, and those floor to ceiling windows would be incredible!

Grand Floridian, Magic Kingdom View. It's my DH's favorite resort but we've never been able to stay there. Some call it stuffy, but sitting in the lobby and listening to the band was a great time for us!

They don't want you swimming in either Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon (or any other non pool water on property) because there are "things" in the water that you are better off not encountering.

For my money, GF TPV CL

Tom

The Caledonian Hotel in Edinburgh or the Quirinale Hotel in Rome.... at WDW I am perfectly contented with POR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter