If I Wanted To Catch The New Avatar, Star Wars And Toy Story

Later... Probably like 2020.
I agree with 2020.

They haven't even announced WHERE Star Wars Land will be yet. It's extremely early in the planning stages. The announcement is more of a "we're going to do Star Wars at Hollywood Studios.....but we have no info on where, how, or when"

I agree with 2020.

They haven't even announced WHERE Star Wars Land will be yet. It's extremely early in the planning stages. The announcement is more of a "we're going to do Star Wars at Hollywood Studios.....but we have no info on where, how, or when"

In my book...and I realize opinions vary...that translates 100% to "we're gonna do something substantial...so keep booking trips for the next 5-10 years and don't pay attention to the price increases"

Grain of salt

So we are going in fall of 2017 to do avatar, river of light, frozen and soaring (and everything else). Then we will probably wait till 2021. Maybe sooner but I would like to do star wars the first time for hubby b-day in January and I'm thinking January of 2020 it will either not be open or will be a mass of humanity.

I agree with 2020.

No Star Wars is past early planning stage. Look for walls to go up in January. Star Wars is going to have two e ticket attractions in the echo lake area. I believe I posted a map here or on another thread earlier.

So we are going in fall of 2017 to do avatar, river of light, frozen and soaring (and everything else). Then we will probably wait till 2021. Maybe sooner but I would like to do star wars the first time for hubby b-day in January and I'm thinking January of 2020 it will either not be open or will be a mass of humanity.
January 202 is probably good but either way within the first couple years of its opening Star Wars it going to be crazy no matter what.

No Star Wars is past early planning stage. Look for walls to go up in January. Star Wars is going to have two e ticket attractions in the echo lake area. I believe I posted a map here or on another thread earlier.

Those things can be revised anytime...as I'm sure you remember.

No "official site" yet because there are other moving pieces.

Technically...their parking lot plans haven't been approved yet. Laughable...but still technically true.

Those things can be revised anytime...as I'm sure you remember.

No "official site" yet because there are other moving pieces.

Technically...their parking lot plans haven't been approved yet. Laughable...but still technically true.
This is Disney do you think they aren't going to get the permit approved. I'm fairly certain Disney is set on where things will go but yes things could change that's doubtful tho.

January 202 is probably good but either way within the first couple years of its opening Star Wars it going to be crazy no matter what.

The level of craze depends on what happens in 25 days through the following 18 months.

The next two continuation stories, combined with the "rogue one" movie will either put the thing back up in the stratosphere where nobody can touch it...or sink her.

Just a backstory...rogue one is the story of the spies that steal the Death Star plans leading to Star Wars...

Which means the "bad guy" is all but certain.

Last edited:
This is Disney do you think they aren't going to get the permit approved. I'm fairly certain Disney is set on where things will go but yes things could change that's doubtful tho.

Of course not...

But I've been tiptoeing around advising "caution" with many of the rumors you have passed along of late.

Disney will never commit to anything set in stone...they won't do it anymore...which means anything relayed that is even implied as "confirmed"
Without an official press release, construction video, or you standing outside the temp wall watching it being built by tradesman is a stretch.

Are we getting a Star Wars area and a toy story area? I think we all generally believe it...
...but it's probably not wise to count on at least the BUDGET being set. The lessons of fantasyland.

Of course not...

But I've been tiptoeing around advising "caution" with many of the rumors you have passed along of late.

Disney will never commit to anything set in stone...they won't do it anymore...which means anything relayed that is even implied as "confirmed"
Without an official press release, construction video, or you standing outside the temp wall watching it being built by tradesman is a stretch.

Are we getting a Star Wars area and a toy story area? I think we all generally believe it...
...but it's probably not wise to count on at least the BUDGET being set. The lessons of fantasyland.
Well the budget was approved. Disney has never released a press release on confirming the price of a budget so we have to go with what's been said.

The level of craze depends on what happens in 25 days theory the following 18 months.

The next two continuation stories, combined with the "rogue one" movie will either put the thing back up in the stratosphere where nobody can touch it...or sink her.

Just a backstory...rogue one is the story of the spies that steal the Death Star plans leading to Star Wars...

Which means the "bad guy" is all but certain.

Even though I knew R1 was going to be the story about stealing the Death Star plans, it never even occurred to me that this meant they could heavily feature Darth Vadar. That would be incredible.

I also don't see any way the new movies can possibly be bad enough to "sink" the franchise or the desire for SWL. I know expectations are high, but people I think are also willing to settle for "just better than the prequils", which they will be.

I'll start holding my breath now. Did the video actually say that? No audio on my work computer. It also mentions a full map...which I also don't see.

Last edited:
Well the budget was approved. Disney has never released a press release on confirming the price of a budget so we have to go with what's been said.

That's exactly what i mean…

What, my friend, does that mean in your mind?

Its entirely possible they could still "go cheap" with it…
Not because of anything that has to do with star wars…

REMEMBER: the fate of paris is completely on TWDC books now. People underestimate how that could drag Anaheim and Orlando.

Not to mention…the whole "chinese thing"

Upbeat pessimism - recommend i would - until built, buildings you see

Even though I knew R1 was going to be the story about stealing the Death Star plans, it never even occurred to me that this meant they could heavily feature Darth Vadar. That would be incredible.

I also don't see any way the new movies can possibly be bad enough to "sink" the franchise or the desire for SWL. I know expectations are high, but people I think are also willing to settle for "just better than the prequils", which they will be.

I don't know anything about it…but i was thinking…why are they making this in the first place IF NOT to bring back arguably the greatest baddie in movie history (honorable mention to jack nicholson, margaret hamilton, heath ledger, and dozens more…)?

Since the first scene of Star Wars all but sets it up.

And i'm not talking the "artificial hip" return of the jedi vader….i'm talking the SOB Empire version on hate fueled steroids…

as far as "sinking star wars"…it will always make money. But disney - as pointed out in forbes and the wall street journal last week…isn't in this JUST for the money. They are looking for a 100 YEAR tentpole.

That cannot happen without first closing the wound of the sneak knife attack form the Marin County hermit in 1999.
What stupidity…

I've been watching for the new "tidbits" that disney is leaking out almost daily now. And while kasdan, abrams, kennedy have all paid lip service to George…every answer to a question, every clip, every print article is overflowing with digs, dismissals, and promises not to do "what george did"

harrison ford introduced that KINDA WEIRD star wars vocal thing on the american music awards last night (magnifique, Celine…by the way)…as a john williams tribute/star wars ad (shameless abc bosses)…
and i don't know if anybody noticed…but in the background they played clips from ALL the star wars movies leading into the trailer/ad stuff.

yeah…all started in 1977 in this case.

None of this is unintentional. they aren't' just trying to distance themselves from that green screen garbage…they are trying to strip it with a brillo pad and flush it down the drain.

No matter what they "say"…its clear that disney doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the "prequels"

Nor should they…and that is why RIGHT THIS DOWN i have ZERO CRITICISM on how disney has handled star wars to this point. NONE.

hear that pounders?
the only even eyebrow raise was the sluggish approach to theme parks till now…but they really seem to be fixing that as well. cautious take there.

Last edited:
That's exactly what i mean…

What, my friend, does that mean in your mind?

Its entirely possible they could still "go cheap" with it…
Not because of anything that has to do with star wars…

REMEMBER: the fate of paris is completely on TWDC books now. People underestimate how that could drag Anaheim and Orlando.

Not to mention…the whole "chinese thing"

Upbeat pessimism - recommend i would - until built, buildings you see
I'm going to remain optimistic about Disney in Orlando at this point. Yes Paris is now TWDC's problem but they aren't investing billions yet there. They are simply repairing what's been broken for so long.

I would worry more about China rather than Paris.

I'm going to remain optimistic about Disney in Orlando at this point. Yes Paris is now TWDC's problem but they aren't investing billions yet there. They are simply repairing what's been broken for so long.

I would worry more about China rather than Paris.

you should be really worried about both. Its about accounting. Most people who don't bother to look believe that ALL disney parks are where there money numbers come from. We groupies know that japan, china and paris aren't in them.

But now…that changes. Because paris will show up in the fat, happy US stock disclosures with disneyland and walt disney world.

So you have two places so ahead of their time that they couldn't lose money if you tried…now coupled with a place that has missed far more that it has hit.

Could that kill a $100 mil ride at MGM or Animal Kingdom…or epcot?

If things go bad…in the future…yeah it could. It could rob us of more than that.

That being said: Euro is fantastic (not studios)….my favorite "magic kingdom" of the 3 I've been to no question. but it still doesn't quite work for the goals it had.

you should be really worried about both. Its about accounting. Most people who don't bother to look believe that ALL disney parks are where there money numbers come from. We groupies know that japan, china and paris aren't in them.

But now…that changes. Because paris will show up in the fat, happy US stock disclosures with disneyland and walt disney world.

So you have two places so ahead of their time that they couldn't lose money if you tried…now coupled with a place that has missed far more that it has hit.

Could that kill a $100 mil ride at MGM or Animal Kingdom…or epcot?

If things go bad…in the future…yeah it could. It could rob us of more than that.

That being said: Euro is fantastic (not studios)….my favorite "magic kingdom" of the 3 I've been to no question. but it still doesn't quite work for the goals it had.
Despite Paris being the lowest performing Disney parks in terms of attendance they still are the most visited in Europe. DLP is on my bucket list to visit along with Tokyo.

I also don't think anything at AK will be stopped at this point but yes DHS is a possibility. With that said I still don't think Disney will leave DHS sit in this state as it isn't going to bring in money forever and attendance isn't bad but it also isn't good.

Despite Paris being the lowest performing Disney parks in terms of attendance they still are the most visited in Europe. DLP is on my bucket list to visit along with Tokyo.

I also don't think anything at AK will be stopped at this point but yes DHS is a possibility. With that said I still don't think Disney will leave DHS sit in this state as it isn't going to bring in money forever and attendance isn't bad but it also isn't good.

agree
DAK is on the backside of being done no way anything gets cancelled at this point
DHS TSL and SWL as well

agree
DAK is on the backside of being done no way anything gets cancelled at this point
DHS TSL and SWL as well

I was more talking future...because these additions will not buy then much leeway for long...

But I agree with AK...however how can you believe there's no chance that a fantasyland style hatchet job isn't possible? For studios?

You can't yet.

I was more talking future...because these additions will not buy then much leeway for long...

But I agree with AK...however how can you believe there's no chance that a fantasyland style hatchet job isn't possible? For studios?

You can't yet.
3 reasons
1. im an eternal optimist LOL
2. TSL is cheap
3. Star Wars will make a killing and they know it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter