• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If disney could stop one thing Park guests do what should it be?

I wish Disney would quit making everyone stand and push in together for the fireworks and night shows. If everyone just sat, everyone could see and there would be no complaining about kids on shoulders, because they wouldn't need to be on shoulders. Also, at the end of a hot and sweaty day, I don't really want to play sardines with my family/friends. Let alone the thousands of strangers around me. Everybodies deoredent wore off hours ago, thank you very much!

I wish people would pick up after themselves! So many leave their table full of trash at counter service spots, even when the trash can is just a few feet away. Same on parade routes. Don't leave your two empty popcorn buckets and empty water bottles sitting on the curb.

I always fight the urge to stop these people and ask them why they think it's okay not to pick up after themselves. Do they just think Tinkerbelle and her fairy friends will just pick up after them?

Adults treating young kids as if they don't exist and actually trying to walk through them or knocking them over in their haste. Each of my three children has had a nasty fall when little due to an adult basically trying to barge through them.

People behind me in line standing so close to me they are actually touching me.

This is my complaint everywhere (malls, grocery store, etc), but especially at Disney: please, for the love of all things holy, do not stop in the middle of the walkway with your four kids and two strollers and your wife and just stand there talking or looking at your map while everyone tries to maneuver around you. Please realize that there are other human beings in the world. Please be considerate and at least TRY to move out of the way to a less congested area, even if you're only able to move a few inches. Every little bit helps. Sidewalks/paths/aisles are for walking, not map reading/stopping to search for your kids goldfish/taking 20 photographs/thinking you are the only person alive.

Sorry, it's a touchy subject for me everywhere. Common courtesy is basically extinct in our world :sad2: by the way, there is no "back in my day...!" I'm 26 years old. I was just taught to be a considerate person. Rant over. Lol

THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I encounter this every single day going to and from work and I just wonder why people stand in the way and watch people try to squeeze past when they can move 2 feet and be completely out of the way.

I really don't get WHY people film fireworks with their ipads (or camera, for that matter). Do they rewatch them at home? How boring is that??

It kinda reminds me of those home movies parties from the 60's, where you'd have to suffer through somebody's hand held jerky movies of their kids meeting mickey. I get that it would be fun for YOU to rewatch junior meeting Mickey, but to rewatch fireworks? I just don't get it.

how about standing in a good spot to watch a parade or fireworks for an hour and then a group comes right when the show starts and tries to move in front of you. I really think we need to teach a course on manners in school again. not sure what happened from my generation to now???

Saw it in pretty much every single line I was in at Universal & SW for 7 days last month.

Eveyone in line for half a hour & suddenly a kid needs to pee? Okay, hold the spot.

You go get in line & we'll catch up? Unacceptable.
\

My experience at Universal was different. I don't recall any line cutting at all. But then again I didn't go in the summer.

The days I visited Sea World were uncrowded and lines non-existent.

But I used to see it frequently at WDW; not so much at DL in Anaheim.

Women breastfeeding without covering up. It's not going to kill you to cover up. I didn't pay all that money to see your boob hanging out.

It's also not going to kill you to quickly advert your eyes when you see something so offensive.

Ban smoking.

Not necessary IMO. I've seen very few instances of people smoking outside of DSAs.

This is my complaint everywhere (malls, grocery store, etc), but especially at Disney: please, for the love of all things holy, do not stop in the middle of the walkway with your four kids and two strollers and your wife and just stand there talking or looking at your map while everyone tries to maneuver around you. Please realize that there are other human beings in the world. Please be considerate and at least TRY to move out of the way to a less congested area, even if you're only able to move a few inches. Every little bit helps. Sidewalks/paths/aisles are for walking, not map reading/stopping to search for your kids goldfish/taking 20 photographs/thinking you are the only person alive.
I'll admit to being annoyed by this, sometimes really annoyed.

But I have to ask this: Have you ever caught yourself doing it too? Or maybe it takes you 20 seconds before you realize you need to move to the side?

Because this behavior is so ubiquitous, and so common, that I just can't bring myself to think of it as rude or inconsiderate. It's just normal behavior that happens to inconvenience other people. Usually it's a slight inconvenience. If they're totally blocking traffic, a calm "excuse me, please" is usually all it takes.

I get annoyed at the grocery store, too, when people leave their carts in the center of the aisle while browsing the shelves. Nine times out of ten, I make it a point to put my cart on the same side as I am, to maximize the available passing space for others. The problem is that it's only nine times out of ten. The tenth time, I'm as guilty as they are.

Exactly correct. And I would appreciate it if the poster you quoted would share that popcorn. I'll provide the drinks. Beer OK? :drinking1
Only if it's root- or butter-beer. And I guess the latter is only available in the Universal Studios section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter