• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If Carnival can do it... (Please read, DCL!)

I agree! I would love new itineraries on the regular schedule! Unfortunately it seems Disney only does that at special times of the year. We always cruise Feb/Mar and the Eastern is always St Thomas, CC, and one other island. I haven't paid much attention if the Western changes very often as we have been too and have no interest in going back to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We went to Aruba and Curacao on our first cruise (with Carnival) and would LOVE to go back! We also made an emergency stop in Turks on our last Disney trip and it looked beautiful as well! We need more variety! I was hoping we would get these new options when the new ships came around. My family is talking about skipping a cruise next year and trying a resort in a new place instead of heading back the St Tomas and CC again.

Count me in as someone who would love it!

My question though is it really possible though for them to do those ports and hit castaway cay too?

I did not notice where if it mentioned that it would include a stop in the Bahamas? For us Castaway is so nice that would be a hard decision to make if they could not go there and hit the southern ports as well.

Count me in as someone who would love it!

My question though is it really possible though for them to do those ports and hit castaway cay too?

I did not notice where if it mentioned that it would include a stop in the Bahamas? For us Castaway is so nice that would be a hard decision to make if they could not go there and hit the southern ports as well.

I doubt it, certainly not on the southern route without making it longer. That's one thing that I do miss on most Carnival cruises, very few of them stop at their private island, Half Moon Cay. It is absolutely beautiful. I guess that's the trade off and most DCL cruisers (at least the one's on DISboards) won't give up Castaway.

I was taking a break from Carnival for a while to go back to Celebrity and maybe try NCL or another line. But I think I may call my PVP today and see when these are available for booking. Aruba and Curacao out of Port Canaveral!!!

ilovetexas said:
Aruba and Curacao out of Port Canaveral!!!

I know, right?!?!

I cruise enough that I can easily go without Castaway Cay every now & then. I wanted a southern route so badly and booked the one out of San Juan day one; even during school season. I would LOVE one out of PC with more different ports such as Aruba, Curaçao, Tortola & Grand Turk (of course, priced reasonably too....).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would love one of those cruises.

And I am one that really doesnt LOVE CC, so i wouldnt mind missing it at all.

I know, right?!?!

I cruise enough that I can easily go without Castaway Cay every now & then. I wanted a southern route so badly and booked the one out of San Juan day one; even during school season. I would LOVE one out of PC with more different ports such as Aruba, Curaçao, Tortola & Grand Turk (of course, priced reasonably too....).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I agree. I too wouldn't mind by passing Castaway Cay every once and again to visit some different islands. Aruba, Curacao, Tortola, Grand Turk, I would love to visit these islands!!!!

I agree. I too wouldn't mind by passing Castaway Cay every once and again to visit some different islands. Aruba, Curacao, Tortola, Grand Turk, I would love to visit these islands!!!!

Me, too.......I'm not that crazy about CC anyway..... the Alaska cruises and the ones out of LA don't go to CC, so that shouldn't be a deal maker/breaker.

We've spent 10 days on Curacao and a week on Provo, Turks and Caicos.....one day in port just isn't enough, but it would be a great way of getting an idea of whether or not you'd want an extended visit there!! Same with Aruba and Tortola.....although I've only done these as a port stop.

I agree - we too were waiting for a Southern Caribbean itinerary and booked for next September out of San Juan on Disney. It's a full itinerary. I wish we were returning to Aruba, but I'm still looking forward to seeing islands we've never visited. (FWIW - We love CC, but enjoy visiting other places as well.)

I agree - we too were waiting for a Southern Caribbean itinerary and booked for next September out of San Juan on Disney. It's a full itinerary. I wish we were returning to Aruba, but I'm still looking forward to seeing islands we've never visited. (FWIW - We love CC, but enjoy visiting other places as well.)

I'm so excited about the ports out of San Juan! Even though I've been to most, once is not enough!!

I think DCL is finally getting there.....adding new ports. :cheer2:

I'm so excited about the ports out of San Juan! Even though I've been to most, once is not enough!!

I think DCL is finally getting there.....adding new ports. :cheer2:

I agree, I am so excited and I have not been to any of them yet...all new to me.

I would love a Southern Caribbean out of Port Canaveral (and itineraries available when the kids are out of school). We sailed on the Carnival Dream a couple of years ago - it is a beautiful ship, not as flashy as some of the other Carnival ships.

I would love to visit Grand Turk. Why dont more cruise ships go there? It seems only Carnival and Princess do unless I am missing it on the other lines? I have priced out to stay at the Beaches in Turks and Caicos and it definitely isnt cheap when including airfare for our family. It would be great if Disney could stop there.

I would love to visit Grand Turk. Why dont more cruise ships go there? It seems only Carnival and Princess do unless I am missing it on the other lines? I have priced out to stay at the Beaches in Turks and Caicos and it definitely isnt cheap when including airfare for our family. It would be great if Disney could stop there.

I tried to post from my phone and it didn't seem to go through.
The all-inclusive is what makes it expensive.
This is where we stayed, and it was so quiet and private....but only a few minutes drive to the big beach, if we wanted to leave our private one.

www.crystalsandsvilla.com

We had the entire top floor, another family had the bottom floor, and we never even knew they were there the whole time. And it has a pool. too!

quickcat said:
I would love to visit Grand Turk. Why dont more cruise ships go there? It seems only Carnival and Princess do unless I am missing it on the other lines?

We visited Grand Turk on RCCL Freedom OTS out of Port Canaveral. Saw sea turtles. Beach at the dock was rocky, though, needed water shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter