If 18 year old you, seen you today

My 18-year-old self would be surprised at where I live. I thoroughly enjoy living near a city now, but I grew up in a very quiet rural area and thought I'd never like city life. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure she'd recognize me in an instant. In most ways, I don't think I've changed too much.

I think she'd be impressed that I was able to loose a bunch of weight. I also think she'd be confused as to why I go to bed so early and don't hang out with my friends everyday like I did at 18.

She would have a good laugh at the minivan I drive...that I LIKE. Maybe she wouldn't argue so much about being set up with that EMT that was friends with her co-worker's crush...he turned out to be a great husband and dad to two boys. She would be surprised that almost 20 years later, I left my "good" job to take one paying only a little more than I made then and I don't regret it at all.

I think I would be pleased. Most things in my life have turned out pretty much as I had expected/hoped. Some things have turned out better! I would probably be surprised that I do not own a dog.

Very pleased with my great kids who have accomplished so much and are wonderful people, and happy with the fact that Ive stayed in pretty much the same physical shape over the years so dont actually look too different, but very disappointed career wise. After working for the post office for many years which is so completely dead end, Im back in college so I feel worse off than when I was 18 cause now Im like an old lady competing with bright attractive 18 year olds bleh I wouldnt pick me either lol. I was most likely to succeed when I was coming out of jr high cause I was academically very bright but I have to say didnt get much encouragement to pursue anything in college, and I married a struggling musician to boot!! So yeah my 18 year old self would be like...wth????

My 18 ear-old self would be a bit sad that her decision she made to not go to college in New York helped to make me the person I am today. I'm not happy or content with my life because I was too afraid and stayed put. I didn't follow the dreams she had and that would probably make her mad.

I think 18 year old me would be surprised at how I am now. I am 100% different than I was back then. I think she would also be surprised that I am still living in the frozen north because I hated the cold weather back then just as much as I hate it now.

Yep, same here. I forgot to say in my post above that at 18 years old I fully expected to be dead by 35. Live fast, die young...
...leave a good-looking corpse? That boat's already sailed for me, my friend!:laughing: My 18 year old self would be like "ooooh, so that's how life really works after all." At that age I had absolutely NO CLUE, although I sure thought I did. Many, if not most of my assumptions about my future, other people and the world around me have been completely blown out of the water by reality. I'm fairly idealistic by nature and there are still surprises in store for me.

My 18 year old self would be both shocked and amazed. When I was 18, I didn't have any idea that life would be anything other than good. My 18 year old self would cry when she would see the challenges that I faced and my 18 year old self would say that she isn't strong enough and wouldn't be able to deal with it. But then my 18 year old self would see all of the wonderful things that happened and see that she was strong enough and she did make it. She will see that by focusing on the wonderful things, it helped her through the painful times and everything turned out ok.

I'm guessing 18 yr old me would say to 50+ yr old me:

A little less junk food, a little more sunscreen!!

Other than that, things are as they were meant to be. LOL:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter