I

we had no problem getting in while on board. I would think it would not be a problem if you go to Palo when you board and explain what you are trying to do.

we had no problem getting in while on board. I would think it would not be a problem if you go to Palo when you board and explain what you are trying to do.

Calm down, all will be well. Do as suggested above and you will get your Palo reservation.
Best wishes!:goodvibes

Sorry you didn't get your reservation. Go get on the waiting list immediately after you board. There are lots of places on the ship or in one of the ports like Castaway Cay that would be a romantic place to propose. Palo is a nice restaurant but it is highly overrated in my opinion. Don't be too heartbroken if you cant get in. You will have a fabulous cruise either way and your "special someone"will be thrilled either way. Good luck!

I agree with others. Try when you get on board. There are a lot of romantic places, When the sun is setting would be very romantic I think. Good luck and have a great trip:goodvibes

Disney Keep some bookings for on ship, go straight to the GS to book and keep trying as there are Cancelation happening right up to Cruise Day. :surfweb:

Well, this is only my opinion, but, I can tell you that I would much rather have a proposal take place outside on one of the decks looking out on the water at sunset than sitting in a restaurant. I've cruised a lot and there are so many places on a ship to pop the question. Don't let this ruin your cruise. Use your imagination man!! And best wishes to you.

Just a thought, is there any way that the cruise director may be of any help or some different thoughts? Anyone?

Hello!

I first came on the DIS here when we were planning our DCL cruise. (just a short Bahamian cruise with our DS who was still young)

You can also post directly on the DCL forum here on the DIS.
You might get some better encouragement and ideas there!

I do imagine that if you board as early as possible, and go directly to see if you can get a reservation, that you will be able to get in.

Also, for a big proposal, you might be able to contact somebody on the staff of the ship (cruise director???) and see if you can get some assistance.

:goodvibes

Well, this is only my opinion, but, I can tell you that I would much rather have a proposal take place outside on one of the decks looking out on the water at sunset than sitting in a restaurant. I've cruised a lot and there are so many places on a ship to pop the question. Don't let this ruin your cruise. Use your imagination man!! And best wishes to you.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hmmm. You'll be on the Fantasy for 7 days, right? I have a couple of thoughts--were you just trying to book dinner at Palo? Did you try for brunch? Palo brunches are even better than their dinners, in my view. It is not evening, but it is the same gorgeous setting. Alternately, are you able to reserve dinner at Remy? Remy would be wonderful and romantic too, although not an Italian restaurant.

When you get onboard, check your Daily Navigator, and scoot over to the spot where Palo reservations are made. They do hold a lot of places available for passengers to reserve onboard. Furthermore, ask if they would have anything available that evening--from what I have seen, it looks like a lot of people shy away from making specialty restaurant reservations on the first night of a cruise, so you may be able to swing it that evening.

Thanks for all the replies and words of encouragement, you guys are great for taking the time...Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald::donald:

I can understand your being upset, when you have something pictured in your mind and something throws a monkey wrench into it, that can hurt. BUT we have cruised on DCL three different times, and the first time we didn't even know about booking things ahead of time (talk about being new at things) when we got onboard the Magic, we were directed to one of the nightclubs where they were holding dining changes and the Palo bookings. We were able to book onboard, on our 2nd cruise we ended up dining in Palo 2 times because we waitlisted, and on our third we would have dined 2x again but missed the phone call because we left early to go shopping before dinner.

So don't give up hope, when you get to the terminal, you'll get a personal navigator, read it, find out where they are holding the dining changes/palo/remy bookings and go there first thing. See if they can book something, talk to the dining manager, and then if nothing can be done waitlist and you most likely will get called over 7 nights people will decide not to dine at Palo and cancel.

If for some reason that there is no way to get in to Palo, take a deep breath it will be ok, sometimes things happen for a reason, and you'll find a perfect spot for the moment. Some other ideas are to go down to the 4th deck and take a walk around the promenade deck at the back of the boat as you watch the boat sail and the sun is setting make that moment the special moment, take a bike ride on Castaway Cay and when you feel the moment is right ask her there, try and talk to the cruise director and ask him to work with you on doing it onboard in a special way and see if he/she has a suggestion.

But the best piece of advice I can give you is to take a few days, calm down, take a deep breath and go into this cruise instead of focusing on the feelings of negativity and find things to be excited about, and to make the most of the cruise, wherever you ask her, she is going to answer because she loves you not because you did or didn't do it in a restaurant, and its going to be the start of the next chapter of your life, try and make it positive rather then negative by focusing on something like Palo.

Sending you some good thoughts.

well, nosey Cravitz here has noticed Rule #1 was broken!
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

But thanks to the replies I can gather the information -

No need to be embarrassed, lots of great suggestions - I would add that you should talk to the Cruise Director, so no matter how you propose, maybe the ship's photographer can capture the moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter