"I Want to walk where Walt walked." WDW Nut makes a Pilgrimage-TR Wrap-Up 5/14

Just joining your thread! I'm a WDW vet also making a pilgrimage West - late April. Looking forward to hearing all about your experiences!!

Can I do a little more dancing?? :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3:

Phew, k thanks.

Just joining your thread! I'm a WDW vet also making a pilgrimage West - late April. Looking forward to hearing all about your experiences!!

:wave: Hi!! Hopefully you'll read something here that'll help in your planning! :goodvibes

The snow looks beautiful! Wish we'd get some like that here. It never seems to stick around long.

If you want, I'd be happy to ship some out :laughing:

Your trips are getting close. Woo Hoo :yay: I am so excited for you all!

We are thinking of planning a trip for April. Yeah...I know, not far off...I got to get going. :rolleyes1 My idea is a special trip for the 55 anniveresary of Disneyland this year. My DH met Walt Disney when he was a child. Has a picture of himself with his twin and older brother with Walt sitting talking to them with his arms around the three little boys. :lovestruc What could be more perfect then The Walk with Walt tour. How much is the tour and when can I make a reservation? TIA Have a magical wonderful love filled time.

Angel16

Yay! SO exciting about buying the tickets :dance3:

So glad you are going to check out Ralph Brennans!! I think you will love it! The Brennans own many restauruants here and they are all SOOO delish! Epsecially for an experienced food snob like you :snooty: haha!!!!

Your trips are getting close. Woo Hoo :yay: I am so excited for you all!

We are thinking of planning a trip for April. Yeah...I know, not far off...I got to get going. :rolleyes1 My idea is a special trip for the 55 anniveresary of Disneyland this year. My DH met Walt Disney when he was a child. Has a picture of himself with his twin and older brother with Walt sitting talking to them with his arms around the three little boys. :lovestruc What could be more perfect then The Walk with Walt tour. How much is the tour and when can I make a reservation? TIA Have a magical wonderful love filled time.

Angel16

That is so cool! I'm jealous :lovestruc

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is I think $64/pp, but they have discounts available...I used my Disney Visa and paid $104.20 for 2. You can make a reservation for it 1 month prior. Exactly 1 month. Not 4 weeks, not 30 days, 1 month.

Yay! SO exciting about buying the tickets :dance3:

So glad you are going to check out Ralph Brennans!! I think you will love it! The Brennans own many restauruants here and they are all SOOO delish! Epsecially for an experienced food snob like you :snooty: haha!!!!

My Mom had asked me if they were one and the same...I guess that answers that one! :laughing: I'm really excited about that now!

Too be honest, I'm a little put off by the price of Goofy's...$30 for an adult for breakfast?? Even Chef Mickey's at WDW is $24.99... Plus, I'm not big on buffets. I much prefer to have my meal served to me. So that's why we're leaning towards Storyteller's. :goodvibes

I haven't read further than this but we love brunch @ Storyteller's ~ I always order from the menu *and share with DD* I also prefer having food brought to me. Be prepared for no face characters just furs @ Storyteller's. If you're still going to STC ~ I suggest the Banana Stuffed French Toast or the Buttermilk Griddle Cakes ~ YUM!

I haven't read further than this but we love brunch @ Storyteller's ~ I always order from the menu *and share with DD* I also prefer having food brought to me. Be prepared for no face characters just furs @ Storyteller's. If you're still going to STC ~ I suggest the Banana Stuffed French Toast or the Buttermilk Griddle Cakes ~ YUM!

Have you ever had Tonga Toast at Kona (WDW)? If the Banana Stuffed French Toast is similar, my boyfriend will flip (he loves Tonga Toast!)

Here's a picture of it:
DisneyTrip09_279.jpg

So it's official...I've now gone crazy...I was dreaming of Disneyland last night. Apparently you all have weird fastpasses :rotfl:

So it's official...I've now gone crazy...I was dreaming of Disneyland last night. Apparently you all have weird fastpasses :rotfl:

Your not anxious or anything. Cool...dreaming of Disney, but I have one question regarding us all having fastpasses. Is that weird GOOD.....or......weird BAD ??? :rotfl:

:3dglassesGreat PTR! thanks for sharing!

GoffyCathy, I see you have one day to DisneyLand! Woo Hoo :cheer2::banana::cheer2: Wishing you a super great trip! You are going to came back and tell us about it arn't ya? :)

Have you ever had Tonga Toast at Kona (WDW)? If the Banana Stuffed French Toast is similar, my boyfriend will flip (he loves Tonga Toast!)

Here's a picture of it:
DisneyTrip09_279.jpg

Hmmm, just might have to try the DL version. Great picture, makes me hungry for it. I do know what you mean about it being heavy, especially the Polynesian's room service. They gave us two big pieces, DH was going to share along with his Big Kahona breakfest. He is the king of french toast. Guess what...he didn't like it all! I was stuffed! :guilty:

Angel16

Your not anxious or anything. Cool...dreaming of Disney, but I have one question regarding us all having fastpasses. Is that weird GOOD.....or......weird BAD ??? :rotfl:

GoffyCathy, I see you have one day to DisneyLand! Woo Hoo :cheer2::banana::cheer2: Wishing you a super great trip! You are going to came back and tell us about it arn't ya? :)

Hmmm, just might have to try the DL version. Great picture, makes me hungry for it. I do know what you mean about it being heavy, especially the Polynesian's room service. They gave us two big pieces, DH was going to share along with his Big Kahona breakfest. He is the king of french toast. Guess what...he didn't like it all! I was stuffed! :guilty:

Angel16

I'll be sure to take a picture of the banana stuffed toast at Storyteller's if we get it! :goodvibes I can't believe they give you TWO with room service!

And from what I can remember of that dream, you got tear off tickets for a fast pass. But we were in line for Small World (except it was more like Splash Mountain...a thrill ride) and they wouldn't take the fast pass because it was a short line. I remember in my dream thinking, "this isn't right, it's supposed to go outside." The next thing the boat went outside and I went, "oh good, I was right." :rotfl: Totally normal right??

And goofycathy: have a great trip!!! :dance3:

Kelly,
I listen to the Podcasts and check out the boards but NEVER post. Well that just changed when I stumbled across this thread. We are in the exact same situation. Been going to WDW since 75 almost every year, DVC members, and listen to just about every worthy podcast for stress release. Never been to the Land and that changes on the 17th! I have ben trying to do my homework like all WDW fan does and the more I dive into it the more I get the feeling your supposed to take a bit more SoCAL laid back appraoch. We are fired up! Who knows we may cross paths while there. Glad you posted, there is some good advice from some Vets on here. If you can tell me how to post "rookie" a photo, I will send one just in case we end up in the trun sites at the same time.
B-

Kelly,
I listen to the Podcasts and check out the boards but NEVER post. Well that just changed when I stumbled across this thread. We are in the exact same situation. Been going to WDW since 75 almost every year, DVC members, and listen to just about every worthy podcast for stress release. Never been to the Land and that changes on the 17th! I have ben trying to do my homework like all WDW fan does and the more I dive into it the more I get the feeling your supposed to take a bit more SoCAL laid back appraoch. We are fired up! Who knows we may cross paths while there. Glad you posted, there is some good advice from some Vets on here. If you can tell me how to post "rookie" a photo, I will send one just in case we end up in the trun sites at the same time.
B-

:wave: I feel so honored! :wizard:

I can't even describe how excited I am to go to the original! It's so neat we'll be there at the same time, it'll be a first timer's convention.

You need 10 posts to send messages, and I think also to post pictures. I load all of mine into photobucket, then if you hover over the thumbnail of the picture on photobucket, you'll see a drop down of links and one of them is an "IMG" code. Just copy and paste that code and it should post! :goodvibes

Great, Thanks for the info on posting Photos etc. Until I hit 10 and smarten up enough to post photos on here go to neylu dot com to see a brief glimpse of the nuttiness I have drag my family into at WDW in the past. This site is a quick attempt of me posting on Mobile Me.
Hands down October is my favorite time to be at WDW especially MK and Epcot. There is one photo of me and the wife on our Balcony at BLT at Sunset. Just doesn't get any better. These photos are a few I pulled off the CPU I am on now and cover a few years I think.
Can't wait to go to the Place that started it all and figured I had better do it now before the kids get much older just in case they don't get the bug like me and the wife and resist in the future. Not to worried though.

Great, Thanks for the info on posting Photos etc. Until I hit 10 and smarten up enough to post photos on here go to neylu dot com to see a brief glimpse of the nuttiness I have drag my family into at WDW in the past. This site is a quick attempt of me posting on Mobile Me.
Hands down October is my favorite time to be at WDW especially MK and Epcot. There is one photo of me and the wife on our Balcony at BLT at Sunset. Just doesn't get any better. These photos are a few I pulled off the CPU I am on now and cover a few years I think.
Can't wait to go to the Place that started it all and figured I had better do it now before the kids get much older just in case they don't get the bug like me and the wife and resist in the future. Not to worried though.

I like October at WDW for Food & Wine :goodvibes

Today is the first day that when I go to weather.com I can see 3/17! 69 degrees and sunny!! :woohoo:

Now that's comedy! So question: with all your much more extensive research and planning for this trip. Which threads or sites have you found the best for getting you up to speed fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter