I want to ride the cotton ball--A 4th of July family celebration! NEW PTR 8/31!!!

Now that you have annual passes you should consider a fall trip! :rolleyes1

OH don't tempt me too much, please...

Does that mean we can tempt you a little? ;)

Sanaa looks and sounds like such fun! I am excited to eat there. Although we're eating later in the evening though. I wonder if they do any night vision viewing on that savannah? The fire pit sounds like a deliciously relaxing way to end the evening.

How cool that you got a fireworks bonus back at the resort!

just read through your report--so fun!!
The train sounds so cool--you're right, its like a mini vacation in itself!!
Sounds like you guys had an awesome first day(with the exception of the surprise purchase;))

Ha! Even with the surprise purchase it was still a magical begining :)
The train really did start the vacation right.

Thanks for coming over! Glad to have you here! :wave2:

Well I don't think it's too far to give it a try. But my DH doesn't want to drive 3.5 hours north to come back south...
OH well, yes I get that, Some how I didn't have my VA geography straight!!
:rotfl:

Great update! I love your pictures, especially the ones of the parade. We have yet to see that one and I will remedy that on our next trip! You really got a lot done for not even a whole day. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to more!

Thanks! I have more pics, for our second visit. It was our first time too, b/c we have never stayed that late at AK before -- going early instead of after noon. So it worked out. That is how I recommend touring AK, btw. Worked VERY well. Non EMH day of course.

well I knew it had "gear" in there :rotfl2:
HA! :laughing:

Sounds like your trip is off to a great start. Your boys are cute and look so excited.

Hello! Welcome!! :flower3: Thanks for joining me!

They really were excited! Two silly monkeys.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
So happy you liked Sannaa! It's on the list for sure now.

Sure, that list is over a year away but it's good to have a list!

It sounds like a lovely lovely first day, new stroller and all.

I think b/c I never had a side by side double...the 3 handles didn't even remotely register that it was a stroller!

either that or I'm getting old.

or my kids are.

or something.

:)

SO what!!! Add it to the list! I gotta start my December list! :)
It was a great first day there, and I really feel the train was part of that.

RE the stroller, don't worry. We were pretty dumfounded too..

I mean, come on -- purpose? Design? Is this for TANDEM pushing?? And then it would end up like tandem bicycling -- one person pushes!!! :laughing:

Our regular stroller had only two handles. During this trip the Jeep stroller handle was great for hanging bags on, and helped steer/turn at times, and that was about it! :laughing:

Does that mean we can tempt you a little? ;)

SIGH. Likely not :rolleyes: I wish!! My big extra trip plan is to go in March for the Princess 1/2 marathon... My DH would not let me go in Oct, it would be a hard sell, but spring is more likely for a quick getaway... HOWEVER, if I can talk my Bro in law into it.... maybe... He would only go during the F & W...

Sanaa looks and sounds like such fun! I am excited to eat there. Although we're eating later in the evening though. I wonder if they do any night vision viewing on that savannah? The fire pit sounds like a deliciously relaxing way to end the evening.

How cool that you got a fireworks bonus back at the resort!

YES! You should! Well there are lights all along the walkway area, so I bet so, though I don't know if the animals stay in that area at night, I assume they must? It really is nice, there are big rustic rockers and benches.

Your dinner at Sanna looked very good! I admit I haven't had much exposure to Indian food but what I've had has been good so....seeing that it is right there at Kidani then I will most likely stop in. :)
:rotfl: Graham Norton....highly inappropriate and not to be missed! :lmao:

I just noticed you started!! :banana: I have to go back and read from the beginning later but wanted to say "hi" and let you know I'm here.

Today we woke up with an alarm clock and the sun peeking through the blinds… It was our first full day at Disney! :yay:
The plan for today was EPCOT. This park is, and remains, DS7’s favorite park, and for me it is a real toss up between EPCOT and MK! But we all were very excited to head over there, because it is a favorite for all in the family. :goodvibes I didn’t have to do much in the way of “ waking” today. when I got out of the shower, there were two little boys waiting and raring to go! I made coffee and bowls of cheerios for the boys. DH got in the shower, everyone was dressed, the WallE bags packed with my beloved binder-thingy, water, a few snacks, and juice boxes, and off we went! We rolled out of OKW at 8:20, and were parked at EPCOT about 8:45… we strolled to the entrance, dealt with the bags and the entrance gates and stepped foot into the park at 9am!

Our plan was for DS7 and DH to head to Mission Space. I don’t care for it (especially “orange”!) and since DS4 can’t ride it anyway, the “green” version is pointless, so DS4 and I went straight to "The Land" for FPs (along with half the world!!!) and after we got those, we rode Nemo… NO line. Like NO LINE. Empty clam shells!!!! So we rode it, rode it again, then went back to Mission Space for DH and DS7 – I bought a frozen Mocha at the coffee stand near the misters/fountain, right as you head into the MS and Test Track area… it was NOT on the DDP, but I knew that from last trip, and was ready to pay for some OOP stuff. It hit the spot! DH and DS7 appeared shortly after we got there -- the ride was slow to load this morning for some reason, and we walked over to Test Track. The line was already 50 minutes, and we had 30 minutes yet til our next FP, so we casually made our way over to Space Ship Earth (15 minute wait) and got on the “cotton ball” – DS4’s affectionate term for the EPCOT icon! While on the ride I managed to get a shot of DS7 and me and our adventure…

Disney125.jpg

Disney126.jpg

Lady Lallie had a picture of herself on this ride in her TR and I just thought it was sooo funny so I managed to get ours. I tried to hand DH the camera in time to get DS4 and his, but we missed the shot. Oh Well. NEXT trip!!! We headed over to get our FPs for Fast Track, and then walked towards the World Showcase, as it was just getting to be 11am… DS7 and 4 had some pretzels and juice along the way and our first stop was Mexico! We had never been on “Donald’s Boat Ride” – this was a first! It was a first and great fun! After, we went to Maelstrom! We thought this was fun last trip, and DS4 loved it. NOT this trip. :sad2: He rode it, but covered his head with his hands in our lap this time around. I will be curious about his reaction in December! We took some pictures, but a great plus at this point, was that again there were no lines on either of these rides! Here they are outside Maelstrom.

Disney130.jpg

We did not have lines, but, it was HOT. The heat required something... namely the Margarita stand :rolleyes1 – well consider it our before lunch cocktail!!! And with that in hand, we strolled over to catch the boat across the lagoon to make it to France for our ADR at Chef’s!!! :yay: We were excited as it was another new restaurant choice. I made our reservation during Remy’s visit, so I was excited to see him there and for the boys to see him (they had no idea). We checked in for our 12:30 reservation time, and were seated pretty quickly. Our server was very nice. We had a great table at the window, and could see outside. The temp today made me glad to sit inside!!!! This lunch was our OOP lunch. We had just purchased the TIW card the day before and intended to use it here. I had the Salad Nicoise and the onion soup. My DH had the Croque monsieur and green salad, and the onion soup. We each had iced tea, and both DS’s had the meal which was the French version of a hamburger and fries… but the bun was buttered and toasted brioche. We didn’t do dessert here, b/c we had snack credits to satisfy a sweet tooth after! Just before we started eating, who should appear but this guy!!

Disney131.jpg

DS’s didn’t know what to make of him. I think they were a bit shy! She stayed for a minute, chatted, then continued to roll past to other tables… they continued to watch her and the antics along the way, but were quickly distracted again by the performance artists outside.. I can't remember who they are, but we dubbed them the "French Chef acrobats"!

Disney134.jpg

This was our highlight at lunch for certain -- great fun to watch and enjoyable entertainment. Sadly the Salad Nicoise was not so enjoyable. :mad: It was hugely disappointing to be honest. It was essentially a big dollop of tuna salad, not chunks of cooked tuna. So it was very unappetizing. I picked at all the good stuff, and left a plate of sloppy lettuce and an excess of tomatoes. Everything else, however, was very good, the soup and sandwich, and my boys had burgers that were cooked just right, not dry, and the burgers were big in my opinion. We will be back, so I can try it again with a better choice! :rolleyes:

Here the boys are waiting after lunch and waiting for DH to settle up the bill...

Disney135.jpg

After lunch and the bill were taken care of, we got crepes to satisfy our sweet tooth, and headed back towards "The Land" to ride Soarin’!!! What a great ride. The smile on the faces of our boys on this particular ride makes the whole trip to Disney worth the energy, time and expense involved. We were in the first row... :) I love watching them on this ride.

Disney127.jpg

Disney128.jpg

After Soarin’ we secured another evening FP for it, and then decided to head back to the resort for some R & R. We left the park close to 2pm, taking a few photos before we left. We were excited to come back later that evening to use our FPs and to eat dinner in Japan, specifically Tokyo Dining! And of course to see Illuminations!!! :cloud9:

A BREAK TO CHAT ABOUT OLD KEY WEST...

OKW is a nice resort. I find the public areas a little small for the size of the resort, but that is likely due to the fact that it is Disney’s first DVC… The rooms are HUGE. But the parking, the shop on site, the QS counter, and the pool area seem too small for the number of people who could potentially be there at the same time. Most afternoons we would arrive at the pool and not find chairs free. This may have been the holiday crowds, but the pool deck area isn’t that big. And limited seating inside or outside. They do have a bar right next to the pool, though, and YUMMY onion rings, so I am not complaining! :thumbsup2 The soft serve ice cream was a great snack, huge and very good! I actually took these photos on a later day, but since I started talking about the resort I thought I would add them here. These I took one afternoon when DH and DS4 were napping... DS7 and I stayed at the pool a little longer...

Disney337.jpg

Disney340.jpg

Disney345.jpg

This is actually our villa building! #62, we are the third floor balcony in BLUE. Notice the hidden mickey's?

Disney342.jpg

I didn't take a photo of the main pool, I don't know why but I got these off Trip Advisor, so you could see if you have not been there...

OKWboardwalk.jpg

main-pool.jpg

Okay, Back to your regularly scheduled TR!!! and our EPCOT evening! Next POST!

SO, about 5:30 pm, we headed back to EPCOT. It was still pretty warm outside. We decided to ride Test Track with our FPs first.

Disney137.jpg

Disney136.jpg

Disney149.jpg

Disney138.jpg

Disney139.jpg

With these little red-eyed demons, it took a little while to get through the line and the ride, and out of the car show room :rolleyes1

Because we cut it pretty close getting to Tokyo Dining for our ADR, we decided to take the boat again. We arrived 5 minutes late, but they checked us in. I requested a window table, and we waited about 15 minutes. Once in the dining room I was REALLY hoping for that window table, because it is a great view. And as luck would have it, we were! :cloud9: Now DH and I love sushi. So this restaurant was an easy choice for us. See the photos below, but we each ordered different sushi/sashimi combos with tempura, Ginza Gozan and the Shinjuku Gozen, cocktails, and green tea as our non alcoholic beverage… For the DS’s I ordered the Teriyaki Chicken option which came with milk (in our case) veggies, rice and a fruit cup. Not knowing if they would like the sauce, I got it on the side. The chicken looked like it had been cooked next door at Teppan Edo!!! It was a nice portion for them, they ate all the chicken, lots of rice and some veggies and the fruit. We shared our desserts with them, a green tea pudding and the ginger cake, which were both YUMMY. I liked the green tea pudding especially because it wasn’t overly sweet, but I love green tea ice cream, so you have to be partial to the flavor. I don’t know if the desserts are the same at Teppan Edo, but I imagine they must be. At any rate the pictures below are of our meal, and while they don’t show the food directly you can see some of it, and the table! The combos we had on the dining plan also included green seaweed salad, and the portions were great, really sizeable, and the sushi and sashimi excellent.

Disney142.jpg

Disney143.jpg

Disney144.jpg

Disney141.jpg

We made our way out of Tokyo Dining, and made our way across the rest of the World Showcase, heading back to "The Land" for our final round at Soarin’ -- we then came out a few minutes to 9, and found a spot just as you leave Futureland to stop and watch Illuminations… The photos here are courtesy of my DH, who took pics of us, not the fireworks!!

Disney152.jpg

Disney150.jpg

Disney151.jpg

All in all, an end to a wonderful first day! It was a great evening!

OH!!! I also hope you recognized the Tshirts from my PTR.... This DISign courtesy of Donatalie!!! She did two for me, one was custom request, this one was a blank on her site -- I just LOVED it! I used her designs in my Binder-Thingy too... Which I will share at the end of the TR. The boys loved the shirts. I tried to get them to change shirts for the evening, but they didn't want to switch, so I sprayed them with Febreeze and tossed them in the dryer that afternoon, at least to "clean" them up for dinner!! :laughing:

We headed back to OKW, the boys brushed teeth and went to bed. We watched a movie that we had brought and went to bed too, since the next day was EMH at the MK!!! :yay::yay:

What a wonderful day! :goodvibes

I love that your DH took pictures of you enjoying the fireworks, such cute pictures!

I'm forgetting everything I wanted to comment on...

Sorry your salad was disappointing. :guilty:

Your boys are just too cute. They look like are having so much fun!

Oh My Gawrsh your boys are so freaking cute! I love the teeth smiles :teeth: The cotton ball pictures are hysterical.... I vow to do a better pose this year so I can post my results too! :rotfl:

So awesome they enjoyed Soarin and the looks on their faces for Test Track and the auto show room after -- :thumbsup2

That view from the Tokyo window is spectacular and the Illuminations pictures are definate keepers. ;)

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

OK, I'm dying here, those boys in their "boypris" too stinkin cute! I need that test track photo on my thread!:goodvibes

Great first day! Tokyo Dining looks so good....oh, to play with the ADRs....should I? Hmmmmm.....
Anyway, how did your 4 y/o do with Soarin and Test Track? My guy will have just turned 4 in August and is a little ....reticent....about almost everything.

I love fireworks reaction pics. It's so great to catch that unbridled wonder on faces. Yay Mr.Happydog! :laughing:

Your Epcot day looks great! LOVE the picture of the boys in front of the fountain in France. Sorry your salad was disappointing. I can't believe it was made with tuna salad!:confused3 I just was given a ton of garden fresh green beans and Salad Nicoise sounds very refreshing. Hmm..

Thanks for the OKW information. I've not read very much about it, so thanks for your thoughts.:)

Your boys are simply adorable! Disney World looks like it suits them very well.:goodvibes

I love looking at pictures of your family...your boys are SO MUCH your sons...you just LOOK like a family, I LOVE it! The pics of the boys on the rides are so wonderful, they look so excited! I don't know what you are taking about needing more pictures...it looks like you captured great moments! What a great day in Epcot!

Remy would be fun to see. Our Chefs ADR was too late for him. Too bad your meal was disappointing. Tokyo food looks fun. I love sushi rolls, and now I know that I enjoy sushi too after CG, I would like to eat there!

What a wonderful first full park day! :goodvibes

Your boys are so cute having a grand time at Epcot! I know that coffee kiosk near Mission Space and Test Track very well! :thumbsup2

You were cracking me up with your margarita before lunch! :laughing:

Old Key West has beautiful grounds -- what a nice, relaxing resort to head back to each day!

We :lovestruc Soarin' too!

Oh, by the way, yes the desserts at Teppan Edo are the same -- I haven't tried the green tea ice cream because I am in love with the chocolate ginger cake!

Your dinner at Sanna looked very good! I admit I haven't had much exposure to Indian food but what I've had has been good so....seeing that it is right there at Kidani then I will most likely stop in. :)
:rotfl: Graham Norton....highly inappropriate and not to be missed! :lmao:

Oh you should!!! Even for the bread and a drink! They have a bar, and so if your reservations are already set, consider that! I think they are pretty easy to get in to...

Oh yes, Graham Norton... and some cooking show, I can't remember the name it has an "F" as the title? Can't recall... not really a "cooking" show totally, very funny... I love british humor. ;)

I just noticed you started!! :banana: I have to go back and read from the beginning later but wanted to say "hi" and let you know I'm here.

HI HI! Glad you are!! :cheer2:
Thanks for reading! I am enjoying your TR too!

What a wonderful day! :goodvibes

I love that your DH took pictures of you enjoying the fireworks, such cute pictures!

I'm forgetting everything I wanted to comment on...

Sorry your salad was disappointing. :guilty:

Your boys are just too cute. They look like are having so much fun!

THANKS!

Oh well on the salad, that is what I say, but now I know what I want to order! I should have stuck with the quiche, but that salad is one of my favorites... just not at Chef's :crazy2:

They did have fun. We all did. So really, this trip will be hard to beat!

Oh My Gawrsh your boys are so freaking cute! I love the teeth smiles :teeth: The cotton ball pictures are hysterical.... I vow to do a better pose this year so I can post my results too! :rotfl:

So awesome they enjoyed Soarin and the looks on their faces for Test Track and the auto show room after -- :thumbsup2

That view from the Tokyo window is spectacular and the Illuminations pictures are definate keepers. ;)

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

I know!!! DS4 doesn't always get the "natural smile" idea!!! :laughing: You gotta catch him unawares.... re the rides, yes, these are their favorites, they like all the displays as well at Epcot, in the different future world pavillions, so I think this is a good park for boys...

And yes Tokyo dining was great... I plan to make a late ADR in December to catch illuminations in the window... I hope I can score one!

OK, I'm dying here, those boys in their "boypris" too stinkin cute! I need that test track photo on my thread!:goodvibes

Taken care of! :thumbsup2

Fantastic first full day! Interesting that Epcot is your older son's favorite park. It's definitely mine but it doesn't always appeal to kids-- is it b/c of the thrill rides? I am impressed he goes on the "wild" side of Mission Space! I'm WAY too chicken!!

I don't know that coffee stand so I have made a note that it is worthy of checking out!

I'm with your younger son -- not a big Maelstrom fan. :sad2:

Don't love the Mexico ride either but do love the inside of the pavilion. Did you happen to notice if the new tequila bar they are building was open inside the pavilion? :rolleyes1

Nothing wrong with a pre-lunch margarita! :thumbsup2

Sorry you didn't love your entree at Chefs. But, yes, you do have to go back to try again. I wonder if Remy will still be there when I go in Sept? Hmmm... although we all know that's not the "attraction" that I'm going to see... :laughing:

I'm a huge believer in the mid-day break. Makes such a difference. When I stayed at OKW I don't think I ever even went to the main pool- I stuck with a smaller pool by our building that also had a bar. But I don't have kids so don't need a slide or other activities.... just the bar. ;)

Tokyo dining looks like such fun. Love that your hubby had pics of your faces during Illuminations. Perfect!! :)

Great first day! Tokyo Dining looks so good....oh, to play with the ADRs....should I? Hmmmmm.....
Anyway, how did your 4 y/o do with Soarin and Test Track? My guy will have just turned 4 in August and is a little ....reticent....about almost everything.

I love fireworks reaction pics. It's so great to catch that unbridled wonder on faces. Yay Mr.Happydog! :laughing:

Yes it would be tempting!!!! ;)
He did great with it. In fact, he was still 3 when we went in November and he loved it. He was 40" in Nov if you fluffed up his hair :rotfl: and he made it on Soarin' and Test Track.... NOT Dinosaur at the AK or Star Tours at DHS, but he was able to all of these no problem this June/July.... Anyway, he very much loved it. But he is adventurous. However, Maelstrom scared him this time, so it really may just depend... I think the problem would be waiting in line, the anticipation part... I saw a little girl get scared in line for Soarin b/c of that... BUT if he likes Peter Pan, then tell him it is like Peter Pan "flying" ... that might help. If he has ever seen an Imax movie, that might be a good connection for him too?

Yes, DH did a nice job with the photos...:thumbsup2

Your Epcot day looks great! LOVE the picture of the boys in front of the fountain in France. Sorry your salad was disappointing. I can't believe it was made with tuna salad!:confused3 I just was given a ton of garden fresh green beans and Salad Nicoise sounds very refreshing. Hmm..

Thanks for the OKW information. I've not read very much about it, so thanks for your thoughts.:)

Your boys are simply adorable! Disney World looks like it suits them very well.:goodvibes

Yes, well not all things can be perfect, and it left room for my chocolate crepe! Definitely a great use of fresh green beans!! :thumbsup2

OKW was nice, I was glad we stayed there -- all Disney properties have something to offer... It was funny hearing Jimmy Buffet every time you passed the bar!!

Thanks! They are good guys, and yes, it does suit them -- but is suits all kids, young and old :upsidedow

I love looking at pictures of your family...your boys are SO MUCH your sons...you just LOOK like a family, I LOVE it! The pics of the boys on the rides are so wonderful, they look so excited! I don't know what you are taking about needing more pictures...it looks like you captured great moments! What a great day in Epcot!

Remy would be fun to see. Our Chefs ADR was too late for him. Too bad your meal was disappointing. Tokyo food looks fun. I love sushi rolls, and now I know that I enjoy sushi too after CG, I would like to eat there!

You are too sweet... :hug: Thanks! I really enjoyed taking pictures when I could remember! I didn't take photos of things as much as I would have liked to sprinkle through my TR, but I guess that is a sign I was very much IN the moment of having fun... Yes, Epcot was great. BOTH days!!! :goodvibes

Yes, this ADR was a last minute add-on b/c of Remy. We knew we'd pay OOP for it. We did this twice. I will summarize all that at the end of the TR, because it will help me sift through the choices we made and make good plans in December. That, and reading super informative highly detailed TRs and Dining Reports that other people write.... cough cough.:upsidedow

YES on Tokyo dining! VERY good, definitely going back here!

What a wonderful first full park day! :goodvibes

Your boys are so cute having a grand time at Epcot! I know that coffee kiosk near Mission Space and Test Track very well! :thumbsup2

You were cracking me up with your margarita before lunch! :laughing:

Old Key West has beautiful grounds -- what a nice, relaxing resort to head back to each day!

We :lovestruc Soarin' too!

Oh, by the way, yes the desserts at Teppan Edo are the same -- I haven't tried the green tea ice cream because I am in love with the chocolate ginger cake!

Gotta love that coffee kiosk! Their frozen mochas were REAL coffee vs. just coffee flavored *bleck*! Re the Margarita, welll...... it was too far to go back to the coffee kiosk :rotfl: I always say, "hey, it is after noon somewhere in the world..."

You know it really really was relaxing! I liked it as much as Saratoga for that reason.... since you are toying with DVC, keep these in mind, especially if you get those incentives.... :thumbsup2

:worship: ginger cake...... :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter