I want to ride the cotton ball--A 4th of July family celebration! NEW PTR 8/31!!!

I totally forgot you stayed at OKW! Yay! I am happy they filled your room request because I have one too for my stay and I was a little worried about it.

I can't believe your DH forgot the stroller! :laughing: Men...pfffft!

Sounds like a lovely first day at AK and Saana sounds yummy! So glad it was a hit. What a wonderful dinner companion that giraffe was! ;)

I LOOOOOVE Naan bread and that spinach cheese thing. DH took me to an Indian lunch buffet and I swear, I ate a TON of that!! Sanaa is on my wish list for another trip, glad to hear a good report. So does the restaurant overlook the savannah? That would be so cool! I don't really have a grasp on how the new lay out of the whole AKL/V area is. Might have to look at a map.

Sounds like we got as wet as you on KKR! Frankly, I don't see how ANYONE could NOT get completely soaked on that ride! And like you, it wasn't a problem at all. It was so hot, it was a welcome bit of portable air conditioning!:laughing

Signing in!

Very cool about the train ride....would love to do that if only it were available from Oklahoma.
Excited to hear about the rest of your June/July trip.

WOW! Great start! The auto train sounds great!:thumbsup2 Sorry that your DH forgot the stroller!:sad2: Great that you had your own car though and could remedy the situation quickly! OKW looks fabulous! The boys look adorable lounging on the beds! Sanaa look good too, I'll have to put that on the list!:goodvibes

HA! I know, you don't say!! we were in 62 -- right across Peninsular Road. it was a great location, and we could see illuminations! :goodvibes

Aw I miss all the OKW roads and bus stops...our bus stop was South Point. That's so cool you could see Illuminations..You'll eventually see in my TR that our room looked out onto the water where you take the boat to DTD and we could see the character balloon every day!

We were at the Beach Club in June, our move over will be in the next update! We will be at Kidani Dec 20 - 25th, and yes, we are flying home on Christmas.....:headache:

OH YAY -- I get to read your TR about Beach Club! I am excited to find out more :surfweb:

Re Kidani at Christmas, SIGH. How pretty will that be?!? Oh Christmas Day travel isn't so bad, leading up to Christmas will be great fun!

I just read your whole pretrippie. When I'm yelling at my kids tomorrow because I'm trying to sleep in, I'll think of you! ;)

Your boys are adorable; your binder-thingy is amazing; your tshirts are precious; and I can't wait to see you using those mailbags!

Oh dear! So sorry!! :laughing: I am glad you liked the binder-thingy!!! I really had fun putting it together and I really used it! The shirts were fun to make, and they came out nicely -- they wear them at Epcot, which I will post tonight!

The boys relaxing on their beds is the cutest photo EVER. They are just adorable. Oh, "shucks" on the stroller. But yeah for making the best of it.

Did you love OKW? I really like it. I want to buy Beach Club so I can have the advantage when it comes to Food & Wine time but OKW is a close second to me. So relaxing. And larger rooms can't be beat! Peninsular Road... great memories. Wish I was there. :cloud9:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

You know I really did like OKW!! We were slated for WLodge, which I have been dying to go back to. But the new reservation and the change required us to move, and at first I wasn't sure what to make of the change, but as soon as we arrived I knew we would like it. The colors were so pretty, the boardwalk area by the sandcastle pool very cute (maybe a tad small for the # of people) the rooms HUGE. We had an apartment!

Totally get being at BC for F & W though!! :thumbsup2

Too cute!!!!!

THANKS!! That was their first reaction.. I thought it was too cute, like snow angels on the big beds... I can't believe that had these to themselves!!! :)

:lmao: Shame on him! ;) This is why I have about a million lists when it is time to go: the main one in the trip binder, another copy where I cross stuff off, another shorter list where I put all the last-minute items to throw in the car as we are leaving...I'm not OCD or anything. :laughing:
Geeze, you ain't kidding! I might have to get myself on that list bandwagon!! REALLY. :rolleyes:

Yeah, your pilgrimage is complete! :thumbsup2
I know!! I was so thrilled!

Everyone had their own bed! Hurray! :yay:

:rotfl: It was funny, they had way more space than I imagined we would have!

Now that you have annual passes you should consider a fall trip! :rolleyes1

OH don't tempt me too much, please...

Glad to hear DH was able to enjoy a nice refreshing soaking as well! :laughing:

He totally deserved it, but seriously, it was welcomed given the temp outside!

This is an awesome picture -- I fell in love with the giraffes on our trip!

Dinner sounds absolutely delicious! We will have to try it sometime!

I never get tired of giraffe pictures!

The Giraffes at dinner really made it special, and yes, it was very good, and I love Giraffes, too!!!

I totally forgot you stayed at OKW! Yay! I am happy they filled your room request because I have one too for my stay and I was a little worried about it.

It was very easy, they had us ready to go at 11am, which I found shocking... meaning all packed in the folder etc. Keys made, everything. I recommend those buildings, btw -- if you want an easy access to busses, food, amenities.

I can't believe your DH forgot the stroller! :laughing: Men...pfffft!
YOU are telling me!

Sounds like a lovely first day at AK and Saana sounds yummy! So glad it was a hit. What a wonderful dinner companion that giraffe was! ;)

It truly was a delightful first day. I saw the parade, which I had never seen before, we did Bugs Life, Dino (with both DS's -- since DS4 had been too short in Nov.) Kali, Everest, the walks, and just enjoyed meandering.

I LOOOOOVE Naan bread and that spinach cheese thing. DH took me to an Indian lunch buffet and I swear, I ate a TON of that!! Sanaa is on my wish list for another trip, glad to hear a good report. So does the restaurant overlook the savannah? That would be so cool! I don't really have a grasp on how the new lay out of the whole AKL/V area is. Might have to look at a map.

Sounds like we got as wet as you on KKR! Frankly, I don't see how ANYONE could NOT get completely soaked on that ride! And like you, it wasn't a problem at all. It was so hot, it was a welcome bit of portable air conditioning!:laughing

YES Isn't it the BEST??!! that Paneer cheese dish SO good, my favorite Indian dish. Sanaa's version had tomatoes, it was a little different, but good.

I can eat a ton of it too!

The restaurant DOES overlook the Savannah -- we saw giraffes squabbling over some hay, and zebras hanging out. It was neat! It is behind the AK lodge, not connected, you pass the lodge entrance to get there.

And yes, I welcomed getting quite wet on the Kali river ride!

Signing in!

Very cool about the train ride....would love to do that if only it were available from Oklahoma.
Excited to hear about the rest of your June/July trip.

HI!! Welcome, and THANKS! :flower3: Glad you are here!

WOW! Great start! The auto train sounds great!:thumbsup2 Sorry that your DH forgot the stroller!:sad2: Great that you had your own car though and could remedy the situation quickly! OKW looks fabulous! The boys look adorable lounging on the beds! Sanaa look good too, I'll have to put that on the list!:goodvibes

Yes, not such a rocky start, and luckily we had a car, it really is nice, I have some other outside photos to share later in the report... I would try Sanaa if you like Indian-type food! :thumbsup2

Aw I miss all the OKW roads and bus stops...our bus stop was South Point. That's so cool you could see Illuminations..You'll eventually see in my TR that our room looked out onto the water where you take the boat to DTD and we could see the character balloon every day!

That sounds like a nice spot! I look forward to seeing where you were, OKW is a very large place! Neat! That balloon looked fun!

That's funny about the stroller. When you said 3 handled I instantly pictured one of those side by side strollers, but then thought, "Oh no, they were going to bring their stroller.":rotfl:The best laid plans, right?:rolleyes:

Bed angels look fun!:yay:

I was so excited to read what you thought of Sanaa. Our Sanaa review is coming up tonight, but I can tell you we had that same dessert and thought it was to die for!!

What a nice sounding first day.:cloud9:

I'm in!

I knew you were taking the train. Somehow I didn't grasp your car was going too! So odd, last night DH and I were watching a completely random show...Gear talk, gear heads...gear something.

They were doing an eco race from switzerland (I think) to blackpool and we watched them load the cars onto the train and go through the tunnel under the channel. We were both like huh? They put the cars on the train? Who knew!

And then...your TR!

That looks like SO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!! And it was cheaper than flying? Amazing! I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Great start to your trip!

3 handles...hmmmmn.....

The show is called Top Gear :goodvibes--I watch a lot of the BBC :rotfl:
That looks like a fun way to travel and seeing that you can catch it right there in VA it is convenient as well!
Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :)

That looks like a fun way to travel and seeing that you can catch it right there in VA it is convenient as well!

HELLO!!! Welcome! :flower3:

Oh yes, BBC -- Graham Norton! and there is this random cooking show, I can't recall the name, FUH knee.

RE the train, it is a zip from MD, and very convenient. Thanks! More to follow tonight! :thumbsup2

That's funny about the stroller. When you said 3 handled I instantly pictured one of those side by side strollers, but then thought, "Oh no, they were going to bring their stroller.":rotfl:The best laid plans, right?:rolleyes:

Bed angels look fun!:yay:

I was so excited to read what you thought of Sanaa. Our Sanaa review is coming up tonight, but I can tell you we had that same dessert and thought it was to die for!!

What a nice sounding first day.:cloud9:

OH BOY!!! Sanaa review #2!!! GREAT! Yes, it was pretty funny, watching DH's face...

It was a nice day, and this was a "1/2" day!! Ha!

Looking forward to your update, too! :thumbsup2

just read through your report--so fun!!
The train sounds so cool--you're right, its like a mini vacation in itself!!
Sounds like you guys had an awesome first day(with the exception of the surprise purchase;))

Well Lorton isn't that far, is it? There were people from NY driving down to catch it, judging by the licence plates I saw, so I would tell you it wouldn't be a stretch to still consider it! :thumbsup2

Well I don't think it's too far to give it a try. But my DH doesn't want to drive 3.5 hours north to come back south...

Great update! I love your pictures, especially the ones of the parade. We have yet to see that one and I will remedy that on our next trip! You really got a lot done for not even a whole day. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to more!

well I knew it had "gear" in there :rotfl2:

Sounds like your trip is off to a great start. Your boys are cute and look so excited.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
So happy you liked Sannaa! It's on the list for sure now.

Sure, that list is over a year away but it's good to have a list!

It sounds like a lovely lovely first day, new stroller and all.

I think b/c I never had a side by side double...the 3 handles didn't even remotely register that it was a stroller!

either that or I'm getting old.

or my kids are.

or something.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter