• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Told You Driving Was Bad For Your Health! *2/2* NEW TRIP REPORT LINK P102

Beautiful pictures of Savannah! I'm glad y'all were still able to make it out there and check out the city.

I almost named this trip report…….

Yup, I kept saying "Y'all" it for the next week. I couldn't let it die.

:lmao:

I just realized I said it above too. Seeing someone say they couldn't let it die for a week just cracks me up... It's a staple around here, of course!

That was one heck of an update, miss!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Number one, WOW!!!! What a beautiful city. Makes me want to go there. Right now. And...

Savannah is a super cool and very beautiful city. I am so glad I have had the chance to see it a couple times and I WILL be back! :thumbsup2

Number two, EAT ALL THAT FOOD!!!! :lmao: My goodness, your lunch, the dessert after, the drinks!!! YUM. I'm all in on this one.

It was a really good foodie day. Everything was perfect. I really haven't had a bad meal when I've visited the south. There is some amazing food there.

I certainly understand about genetic cardiac issues! My brother died from a heart attack, my sister had one & has only 40% heart function. Also have a brother that has had a stent, these sibs are all younger than I! At least my heart is ok.

Wow - Doris - you got lucky. Your family does has the gene for heart disease. I feel terrible about your brother. That must have been shocking. How awful. Normal heart function is 55-60%, so 40% isn't as terrible as it sounds even though its not normal.

I so need to visit Savannah, it is such a beautiful city. I love my grits, also love shrimp, but have to say no to that combination. I'm in the Midwest & I have grits at least once a month, mother was southern!

That's great that you eat grits on a regular basis. They are so yummy. I really did enjoy them with the shrimp. It was a perfect combo in my book, but what do I know - its not like I have grits on a regular basis.

When we visited Louisiana I had to go to a drive through Daquari bar. I couldn't get over the fact one could get a drink just like getting a burger at a drive thru!

Now that would be really cool. I would definitely need to check that out if I visited Louisiana.

I would to do an eating tour of Savannah, I'm a sucker for most southern food.

Me too! That would be a ton of fun! (an tasty too!)

ME I am finally catching up...so far behind on everthing. I just finished reading all the details about Denny's ER and hospital visit. Again, its so good that you are so familiar with Denny's history and are such a great patient advocate for him.
glad that everything is going well for him now.
and on to your changes.

I knew that Denny's symptoms were far from normal and they were classic for coronary artery disease. I'm glad everything turned out as well as it did.

WOW what a great stay you have managed. I totally understand pushing the cruise back a year, and it makes sense to build a fantastic 25th anniversary with a cruise and a Grand Floridian stay together.

I'm glad you agree with my plans. I think it makes sense too and I am excited to combine the cruise with a Grand Flo stay. I am really looking forward to it!

Can't wait to read about your St. Augustine stay! after we stopped for a few hours there last year, we both knew it would be a fun place to stay for a few days, so should be great for you! When we were debating driving in October I looked into a 2 day stay in St Augustine for us too, but we're taking the train so that was that.

You're taking the train? Really? That's something new for you, isn't it?

I'm glad you thought St Augustine looks cool. That was my impression, too, but I have no first hand experience with the place.

When are you going in October? Do our trips overlap?

The beach walk sounds really interesting. lots of beach life (and death for the shark) you saw there. I am surprised that one ofthe little boys did not try to take the dead shark...for sure my nephews would have!

TJ wouldn't have let them take it, but they sure had their hands all over it. Yuck! :laughing:

Your timing for Blufton was just right to get that small town night out feel. Fun to follow it with a day in Savannah. I've never been there. I will have to remember the Juliette Gordon Lowe house--I would have found that interesting. i was a GS as a child-early teen, and am a leader now for Katie's troops. Such a great organization!

Bluffton was so great and so was Savannah. I have to admit, I would have been really curious to see the Juliette Gordon Lowe House. I bet it would have been interesting. Oh well, maybe next time!

BWAHAHA! on the EPCOT phone booth comment! Did you try to call it???

As a matter of fact......:rotfl2:

Depends on which clock you are looking at!

Isn't THAT the truth? :rotfl2:

Love the picture of the sunglasses with you and the camera in the mirror.

Thanks!

I also like the $10 Christmas ornaments that were worth $3. I probably would have paid $6!

I like your bargaining skills!

How lucky that you got the recommendation for lunch at Vic's. The restaurant looked beautiful, the view were great and the food looked amazing! Sounds like you certainly enjoyed it.

I loved it there. Definitely one of my favorite meals of the trip for all the reasons you mentioned. The southern cuisine was just amazing.

Thanks for showing us around Savannah! Looked like a great day, one that you all truly deserved after what you had been through!

I'm glad you enjoyed my picture tour of Savannah. It really did help recover some of the vacation. It was a great day and there is more to come!

So wonderful to have a nice day in Savannah.

It was a great day. So glad we made it there!

Glad Denny was well enough to handle the walking and climbing stairs.

Me too! I think I felt pretty confident that he would do well.

Vic's sounded like a great meal.

It was really amazing! Loved it!

I am sure you were a bit nervous but I can see you just turn to Denny and tell him while pointing to the stairs that his stress test is right there.

I did make a joke out of it, but inside I really was a tad nervous! :rolleyes1

Just hoping you didn't wait at the top with the phone in your hand ready to call 9 1 1.

:rotfl2: Actually, I think I brought up the rear!

Forgot to say YAY for the double dip and with Ellen to boot! Perfect!!!

It really IS perfect, isn't it? I am so excited. It's going to be awesome!

The new cruise plans sound great! Double dip and a Dismeet!

I am SO excited! It's going to be so fun! I'm glad I am going to know people on the cruise, especially someone as fun as Ellen!

I'm sorry you did not get the magic creator position, but I can understand that it would just be too much right now. Everything happens for a reason!

It really would have been too much. I knew that, but I just had to go for it. I've pretty much put it behind me, but I would definitely like to do travel planning in the future.

The whole savannah river front area looks really nice, very quaint. Those stairs look like a challenge for anyone, glad Denny did well!

Savannah was lovely. Those stairs were pretty crazy. Even walking up the cobblestones to get TO the stairs was a bit of a challenge. :laughing:

Vic's looks really lovely indeed, glad you had a good meal there. Also glad you finally found a clock that worked! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Vic's was awesome. I am so glad we ate there. It was perfect. I can assure you that when I go back to Savannah I will definitely eat there again. I'll probably order the exact same thing!

Hey there- :goodvibes I waited to read the rest of your TR updates- my little iphone was just not doing your gorgeous photos justice!
I am so glad to hear our dates are still the same- I got a little nervous that I misread something somewhere- originally we were booked Nov 13- then DCL did the big switcheroo on a bunch of cruises. Ours was moved to Oct 23rd, which I think may originally have been Oct 24th and a 3 night, not 4 (that was why I was concerned about your dates in your post!).

I don't know why I keep getting the date confused, but I've got it straight now and I am SO EXCITED! This cruise is going to be SO MUCH FUN! :cool1:

The foodie tour gets GREAT reviews on TA, I was thinking about doing it when I was there on the last cruise, but decided to just enjoy the ship- and didn't want to leave Timmy, plus, he would not be interested in that tour.

Yeah - I doubt Timmy would want to do that. I know my boys wouldn't. It does sound like a fun way to explore the town. Totally in for that!

Savannah looks beautiful- we have never ventured out from HHI when we have been there, partly because it's a bazillion degrees in July/August when we have been and partly because I can't tear myself away from the island. :lovestruc But it IS on my list for when Pods and I are there off season, someday.

You should definitely go one day. It's really a close drive and the city is so cool. You would love it. It's just so different from the north east. I just loved it from the minute we arrived!

So funny all your shopping in the shop with the Delaware shot glass. :rotfl: So did you buy 12? :rotfl: Your attitude about the shop is HILARIOUS, "Who needs it? Who would want it?" :rotfl: That is pretty much what Pods says in EVERY shopping situation (we don't need that- it's stupid stuff. That's useless. We don't want it)- no matter WHAT store you are in. Which is why I NEVER go shopping with him, especially on vacation. :rotfl2:

Yup, I bought all 12. :rotfl:

Seriously, I am not usually like that with shopping but there is definitely a lot of junk in the Savannah gift shops. Let's just say that they are not at all like Disney gift shops. :rotfl:

Lunch looked amazing- glad it tasted as good as it looked! :thumbsup2 Also very happy you got your to go cup- :thumbsup2

It was SO amazing. Make sure you eat there if you go to Savannah. It was awesome and getting my "to-go" cup made me a happy girl!

Awesome photos! What a great city. Sounds a little like Nantucket with cobblestone streets and great history.

Vic's looks so good and those tomatoes are making me hungry! And walking around with booze? #winning

Glad Denny was feeling well enough so you could explore and enjoy the city together.

Hurrah for a double dip cruise and one with DISers no less! That sounds amazing. And I may just have to go investigate double dip cruises... for research purposes, of course. :rolleyes1 So much to learn about cruising but I suppose there is only one way to learn! ;)

Sorry you weren't offered the AAA gig. I can't imagine why they didn't select you. Their loss! But I do wholeheartedly agree that things happen for a reason so maybe this timing was just off and it will be an option again in the future. You'd be great at it!!

Savannah looks beautiful. I would love to visit there someday. Great souvenir pictures but what is this wine bottle stopper you speak of? You have leftover wine?? That is a rare occurence in this house. :rotfl:

Super happy that Denny was up to walking around and touring the city. I am sure he was especially anxious to resume vacation. And glad you did not have to literally test the 911 system!!

Trying to get all caught up again. I read this update earlier but never got the chance to comment. I'll have to come back and comment on the Savannah trip so this reply isn't so long.

Welcome back stranger!

First off, so glad to hear Denny is still doing well, and nice to know if I'm ever at HHI and need attention, the local medical care comes highly recommended. Sorry about the changes for your cruise, but glad you only had to postpone it, and will still get to go.

I didn't have to change the cruise, but we really just thought it would work out best.

Denny is doing great and just got a good check up at the cardiologist last week.

Overall, the hospital staff seemed very competent.

The Beach Walk is very scenic and looks very interesting! And no.......not just because of
:rolleyes1 Doesn't hurt though............ ;)

:lmao: I knew someone would appreciate that picture. :lmao: The beach walk was a lot of fun.

Thought you already did that............ :laughing:

:rotfl: oops!

:eek: You can say THAT again!!!

I know, right - that's A LOT of waste products. Imagine the ratio is we created that many waste products per seize. WOW!

Don't think I ever saw one that small. Cool pic! :thumbsup2

It was pretty cool. I really enjoyed trying to find my own baby horseshoe crabs. I got good at it after I learned to follow their trails, but I was not about to pick one up. :laughing:

Those oyster beds/shells can be razor sharp. ::yes::

Yeah, I didn't get very close to them for exactly that reason. :scared1:

Amazing what you can find washed up on the shore sometimes. :worried:

It really is. But I would much rather focus on seashells than dead aquatic life.

Sounds and looks like a great way to spend a little time. Very informative and doesn't tie up a huge chunk of your day. I bet the marsh walk is very interesting also. :goodvibes

It really was an interesting activity and the next time I am definitely going on the marsh walk. :thumbsup2

Agree! You notice you found that sign basically in a junkyard............... :rolleyes2

:rotfl: I think you're right!

Hmmm, palm? Or sweetgrass? I know around the Charleston area there are numerous roadside stands that sell sweetgrass baskets that they are apparently proud of if you look at any of the price tags.

I never thought about sweat grass. Of course, that's what it must be. Those sweet grass baskets are pretty amazing.

Deeply discounted seems to add a certain improvement in the taste I think.

I couldn't agree more! ;)

Guess this is why you don't see many moose in the lowcountry anymore............they have been hunted into extinction in the area. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: You got that right.

Poor Denny! After all he had been through, don't you think he had suffered enough??? ;)

I know. All he wanted was one little beer. He has made up for it since, but at the time we really didn't think he should be drinking with new meds that he had just started.

Always a pleasant surprise. :banana:

Iknew you would be a fan!

Trying to keep up with my threads !! Life is as always busy!!! I left a pile of filing to do tomorrow , and I don't feel guilty:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Fabulous update - yummy food, shopping, history, pretty places! I only had time to scroll through quickly, but I am going to go back this weekend and read the different plaques that you took pictures of.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed. Our Savannah day really did have it all. It was a great day!

I have made fried green tomatoes exactly one time in my life. They were okay. Yours looked much tastier! What was the sauce like?

I had them the last time I was in the south, but these were SO much better. They almost melted in my mouth. They were just delicious!

Thanks so much for posting the walking tour of the city. The pictures are gorgeous! I was happy to read that Denny had no problems with all of the walking and the stairs.

So glad you enjoyed the pictures. It's such an awesome town and I really enjoyed taking pics there.

Denny did great! No problems at all. That was such a relief!

So, there's no walking around with alcohol on the streets where you live? The only time that you can't have an "open container" of alcohol in Louisiana is when you are driving. Yet, there are tons of drive through liquor stores that sell frozen drinks. :confused3

That is CRAZY. There is absolutely no walking around with alcohol here. OMG. You can't even walk intoxicated here. I am serious. In fact, in Delaware we have to go to a liquor store. Wine and beer is not even sold in grocery stores here. It's a totally up tight place.

Sorry I stink at quoting and pasting.

No worries!

You asked me if my dd works in Savannah. She does not work in Savannah, she could of been assigned to Savannah. Her academy was about an hour south of Savannah were she trained. She just went back there last month for some training and she spent the weekend up in Savannah. She did a night time pub crawl, ghost tour.

Nice to be so close to such a great city. The pub crawl and ghost tour sound like a ton of fun! I would love that. That's the only bad thing about driving over from HHI. You sort of miss out on the evening things. It would probably be a lot of fun to spend the night there.

The government built an ugly grey stucco building sort of near where you saw the kids outside at their school. It is a Federal building for FBI, ICE and other Federal agencies.

I bet I walked right by it, but I really don't remember any ugly buildings. Of course when you are focusing on the attractive parts of a new town its really possible to ignore those things. :laughing:

I feel like I am hi-jacking your thread.
But a few more things about Savannah
The bench in Chatham Square where Forest Gump told his story, the City of Savannah gave the bench to the Museum at the visitor center. They were afraid it would get stolen or vandalized. Also at Chatham Square is the church with the white steeple, it is in the opening credits of Forest Gump where the feather is floating away and you see the church and steeple. The church and steeple were also used in Back To the Future Movie where Doc went up the steeple to wrap the wire around the steeple so it could jump start the DeLorean.

Totally not high-jacking. I love all this trivia. I haven't seen Forrest Gump in years. I think I need to watch it again. Thanks for identifying all the important landmarks.

I did the trolley ride a couple of times. Each time I had a different driver and they would tell you something new.

I have heard that the trolley drivers can be really helpful with their narration. The last time I was there my drive was just "eh",so that's probably why I didn't mind skipping it this time.

Beautiful pictures of Savannah! I'm glad y'all were still able to make it out there and check out the city.

Thanks.

And we'all definitely enjoyed the day. It was perfect!

:lmao:

I just realized I said it above too. Seeing someone say they couldn't let it die for a week just cracks me up... It's a staple around here, of course!

See- I knew I was supposed to be born and live in the south. See how quickly I adapt to the culture!!!! :laughing:

Awesome photos! What a great city. Sounds a little like Nantucket with cobblestone streets and great history.

Can you believe I have never been to Nantucket? That just seems so worng since I don't live that far. Heck - its a lot closer than Savannah.

Vic's looks so good and those tomatoes are making me hungry! And walking around with booze? #winning

Vic's was great and those tomatoes were SO good! I really enjoyed them.

I bet that place gets crazy on Friday nights and during the holidays like Thanksgiving and Halloween. Oh, and I heard ST Patties day is insane!

Glad Denny was feeling well enough so you could explore and enjoy the city together.

I'm so glad he bounced back so quickly . It saved the vacation, that's for sure!

You got some great pictures of Savannah! :goodvibes It is such a beautiful southern city. Every time I see pictures of Savannah I wonder how I grew up so close to the place, and have never gotten any closer to the actual city than I-95. :confused3

So funny that the clocks are all so out of synch! Even the one clock tower where the time is different on the two faces.

If I had one of those wine stoppers, I just might actually take up drinking wine. Or at least serving it often to my friends!!! :rotfl:

I understand the issue with getting in the habit of saying y'all. I get the same way with "you guys" after a visit up north!!! :rolleyes1 Or "youse guys" when I go to DHS. :rotfl2:

Get to Nantucket stat! It's unbelievable. :cloud9: I like the Atlantic much more than I thought I would. West coast representin'. LOL!

Hurrah for a double dip cruise and one with DISers no less! That sounds amazing. And I may just have to go investigate double dip cruises... for research purposes, of course. :rolleyes1 So much to learn about cruising but I suppose there is only one way to learn! ;)

Well, there are two next fall - October 23rd and one in November. You should look into it. Seriously. It would be so fun if you decided to take your first cruise at the same time.

Sorry you weren't offered the AAA gig. I can't imagine why they didn't select you. Their loss! But I do wholeheartedly agree that things happen for a reason so maybe this timing was just off and it will be an option again in the future. You'd be great at it!!

Thanks C. I would have loved to do that. Honestly, they had a ton of applicants and I do think having the new job put me at a disadvantage. I was very candid about it. If I was an HR person, all things equal, I would pick the person without the recent job change. Oh well.

Savannah looks beautiful. I would love to visit there someday. Great souvenir pictures but what is this wine bottle stopper you speak of? You have leftover wine?? That is a rare occurence in this house. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: OK - I read this earlier today at work on my phone and I busted up. Hard to tell my new coworkers what was so funny! :laughing:

Super happy that Denny was up to walking around and touring the city. I am sure he was especially anxious to resume vacation. And glad you did not have to literally test the 911 system!!

Yeah - testing the 911 system was really not high on the things I wanted to accomplish that day. :rolleyes1 We did have a great time in Savannah. It really was a lot of fun!

Trying to keep up with my threads !! Life is as always busy!!! I left a pile of filing to do tomorrow , and I don't feel guilty:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Rosie - I would much rather DIS than do filing - ANY DAY! Glad you picked me over work! :laughing:

You got some great pictures of Savannah! :goodvibes It is such a beautiful southern city. Every time I see pictures of Savannah I wonder how I grew up so close to the place, and have never gotten any closer to the actual city than I-95. :confused3

Really? You lived close and you never visited? What? :faint: It's funny that sometimes you don't visit the places closest to you because you know they will always be there. It really IS a very cool city!

So funny that the clocks are all so out of synch! Even the one clock tower where the time is different on the two faces.

I know - what's worse is I didn't even notice that until I looked at the pictures. I think its a test. Any town that lets you walk around with alcohol in your hand must have some type of built sobriety test. :rotfl:

If I had one of those wine stoppers, I just might actually take up drinking wine. Or at least serving it often to my friends!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :lmao::rotfl2:

I understand the issue with getting in the habit of saying y'all. I get the same way with "you guys" after a visit up north!!! :rolleyes1 Or "youse guys" when I go to DHS. :rotfl2:

I say "you guys" ALL the time. *gasp* At least I don't say "youse guys" :rotfl:

Get to Nantucket stat! It's unbelievable. :cloud9: I like the Atlantic much more than I thought I would. West coast representin'. LOL!

::yes:: My BIL/SIL were there recently for a wedding and they loved it. I would love to go in September but I can't take any vacation until my October trip. Such a bummer because its really putting a crimp in all my touring plans. :(

Ohio is just as bad as Delaware. We have state stores to sell liquor, can't buy it in groceries or other places. The state sets the price & doesn't allow much discounting.

Montana has no open container laws at all, or at least they didn't the last I knew. You could even drive a car & drink at the same time as long as you were under the legal limit!

hey Mary Ellen

Just catching up again. Had my shoulder operated on finally a couple of weeks ago so still quite sore but trying to get back to the land of the living :)

Loved the Savannah tour - we went back in 2010 on our big driving OE to the WDW and up to New York. Mum and i walked for miles as it seemed so easy being mostly flat. We ventured down the river front but didnt take the stairs - wheelchair isnt keen on stairs :goodvibes. We went on a river cruise which was beautiful and did go into the Girl scouts house.

Also sorry to hear about the TA job - it sounded so you but another time will come I'm sure.

Glad Denny is doing well and you too of course!!

On with the show - take care

Ohio is just as bad as Delaware. We have state stores to sell liquor, can't buy it in groceries or other places. The state sets the price & doesn't allow much discounting.

That's exactly how PA is. At least liquor is a bit cheaper in Delaware and you can find discounts at Costco.

Montana has no open container laws at all, or at least they didn't the last I knew. You could even drive a car & drink at the same time as long as you were under the legal limit!

Whaaaaaaaat? Seriously? I so have to visit Montana so I can drive around with a glass of wine. :rotfl: Just kidding. I could never stay under the legal limit with that rule. :rotfl:

hey Mary Ellen

Just catching up again. Had my shoulder operated on finally a couple of weeks ago so still quite sore but trying to get back to the land of the living :)

:welcome: Toni! Thanks for joining in! Shoulder surgery? OMG - I know that is very painful. I hope you are feeling a little better every day. Hang in there. I hope you make a very speedy full recovery.

Loved the Savannah tour - we went back in 2010 on our big driving OE to the WDW and up to New York. Mum and i walked for miles as it seemed so easy being mostly flat. We ventured down the river front but didnt take the stairs - wheelchair isnt keen on stairs :goodvibes. We went on a river cruise which was beautiful and did go into the Girl scouts house.

I was very curious about the river cruise as that looked pretty neat. I'll have to try that next time. Glad you enjoyed your visit as much as I enjoyed mine. It really is a neat place with so much history.

Also sorry to hear about the TA job - it sounded so you but another time will come I'm sure.

Thanks. I'm really OK with it, although it would have been fun. *sigh*

Glad Denny is doing well and you too of course!!

Thanks. We are both hanging in there and working our butts off right now. He is very busy with his job and my new job is also quite busy.

On with the show - take care

Got an update ready for tonight! :thumbsup2

So, I had the Philadelphia news on when I was getting ready for work this morning and they said that

Charleston is ranked #6 in the world for friendliest cities

and

Savannah is ranked #16th.

Rock on your southern cities. :cool1: How appropriate that I am doing this update now.

On the down side, Wilmington DE, which is close to my home, is ranked #17 for UN-friendliest cities. All I can say is - FIGURES!

On with the update - Tybee Island

In my last update we finally got our chance to tour Savannah. I took a few too many pictures (shock, I know), so I have a few more to share with you.

C really wanted to see the Saint John the Baptist Cathedral, so we followed our trusty map in that direction.

I passed through this graveyard the last time I visited Savannah. I think it is such a cool place, although its probably very spooky at night.

I don't have any pictures of the outside of the cathedral because they were doing work on it.

Whether you are religious or not, I think you can appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship of this church.

I took some pictures of the stations of the cross because they were so beautiful and the artwork was spectacular

The stained glass was spectacular

This is the scaffolding which was covering the outside of the church.

Continued In Next Post.....

Continued From Previous Post

I have no idea what they were doing because the outside of the church looked beautiful 18 months ago.

Once we left the church we tried to make heads or tails of the map and find our way back to the visitor center. We passed this.
Oh Mari might know what this next little square is called.

I wondered whether they were setting up for a wedding. There was an event coordinator there, but she wouldn't give us any details. Trust me, C asked. He'll talk to anyone.

This looks fun

Random House

With a gorgeous garden

Up close

I loved the lions so much I had to take a close up

Cool steps

Another square

Another church

Sherman's Headquarters

Nearing the Visitor Center

Pulaski Square

Mural at the Visitor Center

I figured we would head back to HHI at this point, but my comrades got the bright idea that they wanted to drive to Tybee Island. I honestly thought Tybee was another 20 or 30 miles away, but it was more like 10 or 12.

Ok, why not?

Our first stop was the Lighthouse on Tybee. As you can see, the dark clouds rolling in were warning us of the rain on the horizon.

This looked interesting

But I was more interested in the lighthouse. Unfortunately, it was just about closing time for admission and quite honestly no one felt like taking the ascent after all the walking we had done.

The rules

continued……

OK, there will be a test at the end of this update.

Continued In Next Post...

Continued From Previous Post...

More lighthouse pictures until you can't stand them anymore!

They were setting up for some festival to be held the next day (no - not the wine festival, but how great would that be to wonder from tent to tent refilling up the 'ol wine glass).

This looks like fun

We drove further onto the island. Not my idea of the perfect beach house.

This place looked cute

Getting closer to the center of town

WE parked at a meter and ducked into this little gift shop

Seriously - my mom's got furniture like this in her basement and I always wonder why she keeps it around.

Check on the price! :faint:

Nope. Don't think so.

I bought a Tybee Island sticker in the store, but I can't find it anywhere. So bummed. I got one with a turtle in the center. It was designed by a local artist's daughter.

Not Captain Jack, but a suitable substitute

It was happy hour

in more places than one

It was hard to pass up on those prices, but alas, we had a long ride home.

So we headed to check out the beach

The Pier Pavilion

For all you weather buffs

Ok, don't mind if I do

Continued In Next Post....

Continued From Previous Post...

We never got a chance to go out on the pier because once we got in the pavilion it started to rain. I mean pour. buckets. So we were stuck there for awhile.

In between deluges

When there was a break in the weather we hastily made our way back to the car. We were actually parked 1/4 mile or so away and it looked like it could start raining at any point.

A few hasty pics

Definitely off season

I think spring break was pretty much over

We got back to the car just as it started to rain again. Impeccable timing, if I do say so myself.

So that ends our little visit to Tybee. Sorry the weather kind of messed with things.

On the road off the island

But by the time we were nearing Savannah it stopped

Gas prices for those who are interested in that type of thing

I tried to get a few more pictures as we passed back through Savannah (i'm sure there's away around it, but far be it for us to find it.)

What is this plant? Does anyone know? It looks like the greens on a radish.

Nearing the bridge

By Savannah. I'll be back.

Took these pictures on the way back to HHI

I really don't remember what we did when we got back to the villa. I think we ate left overs from the previous evenings meal, plus we stopped and got some reserves from the pizza shop near the resort. 10% discount for DVC members. Woo hoo!

I had considered watching the movie under the great oaks, but as I recall it was a movie I wasn't really interested in seeing.

Up Next - Our Last Resort Day with a side of Beaufort

What a great little trip to Savannah! I love all of the little details that you captured. I'm not religious myself but I am always impressed by the architecture in churches like that one - how beautiful. You got some great shots of the lighthouse on Tybee Island, and I don't think that you can ever take too many photos :rotfl:

What a great little trip to Savannah! I love all of the little details that you captured.

Thanks. We had a great day in Savannah and I really look forward to going back. I hope its sooner than later.

I'm not religious myself but I am always impressed by the architecture in churches like that one - how beautiful.

I think churches are one of the few public buildings you can go in and really see a great demonstration of architecture and artwork. So many hours of hard work and talent put into them. I love old churches and this cathedral was really spectacular.

You got some great shots of the lighthouse on Tybee Island, and I don't think that you can ever take too many photos :rotfl:

Thanks! Judging by how often I have to back up my hard drive, I would say you probably CAN take too many pictures. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter