I Told You Driving Was Bad For Your Health! *2/2* NEW TRIP REPORT LINK P102

I hope you are having a great trip. I'm not sure which run you are doing, but I wish you the best this weekend.

Thank you. It was a good trip. That half marathon behind me... time to train for the next one in DL!

Your plans for February look awesome. I think that a short stay in a value is very doable. However, I think that the Tarpon Springs places is going to seem absolutely amazing after the value!

It is super cool that you will get to meet up with Kathy!

And :yay: for your waitlist coming through!!!

What a view from that lighthouse!!! Even without that view though, that place looks amazing to visit.

The garden pictures are spectacular! I am so not able to tend to anything that grows... so I am in awe of things like that.

Oh my! Your post about getting back to MCO had me stressed out! I am so glad you got there in time.

I love the christmas decoration pics! Simply amazing.

What a great wrap up to a great TR!!

Fantastic recap of a great trip! I loved seeing the gorgeous photos again, and some new ones...

:moped: YIKES!!!

And I am especially glad that I don't have to wait for a new report

See you on the Mystery Tour

:goodvibes

Absolutely loved your recap!!:love:

If you don't mind, I may steal your idea whenever I come to the end of my TR (will probably be many moons from now :rotfl:)

Still, my favorite picture of all your pictures is of you laughing in front of Ellen's:goodvibes

Great recap, and as usual a great TR! Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

Thanks Pam! Thanks for being here and following along!

Love your final thoughts and photos. I agree about staying outside the bubble. It is good to venture out and see what else is there.
Off to see the new tr.

Thanks Scott! It really was fun to stay outside of the bubble for something new. I'm glad that we got a chance to experience it during this trip. I am very curious about seeing more of Florida.

I really should do a new TR, but I never finished the last one. We had computer issues, my laptop is toast & the PC couldn't hold any more data. Our son gave us an old PC of his that has beaucoup drive space. DH finally got it up & running, so I'm good to go, but no time at the present to start a TR.

I wouldn't worry about finishing your old TR, but a new one would be nice. It is hard to find the time. If you ever decided to do one send me a bat signal!

I like the iPad, but it isn't any good at least for me, to do trip reports. Photo posting is a major problem for me.

I haven't used an iPad for writing TRs so I have no advice. Why is it so difficult to post pictures? I don't have an iPad. Is it like trying to work on your iPhone? :confused3 Anway - I think its time for a new computer for you missy!

Again, I'm looking forward to your new reports.

Thanks. I hope to post an update today. Once I get all my replies done.

Thank you. It was a good trip. That half marathon behind me... time to train for the next one in DL!

You go girl! I did one half marathon and that was enough for me. :rotfl2: But that may have had something to do with the fact that it was a completely hilly half marathon. Nevertheless, it scarred me for life and I trained really hard, but on the training was flat because its flat where I live.

Your plans for February look awesome. I think that a short stay in a value is very doable. However, I think that the Tarpon Springs places is going to seem absolutely amazing after the value!

I hope so. I am really looking forward to seeing and staying in Tarpon springs. I hope I love it there.

It is super cool that you will get to meet up with Kathy!

I'm very excited about that! :banana::banana::banana:

And :yay: for your waitlist coming through!!!

I'm also very excited about that! It's going to be really fun to stay there. :thumbsup2

What a view from that lighthouse!!! Even without that view though, that place looks amazing to visit.

That was a really awesome tourist attraction. I really enjoyed it and I am so glad we got to visit the lighthouse and the museum. I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

The garden pictures are spectacular! I am so not able to tend to anything that grows... so I am in awe of things like that.

Me too! I have absolutely NO green thumb so I am very respectful and in awe of people who do! :thumbsup2

Oh my! Your post about getting back to MCO had me stressed out! I am so glad you got there in time.

I was stressed out, for sure, but Denny totally took it all in stride. Thank goodness for that because if I had ben alone it would have been a disaster. :rotfl2:

I love the christmas decoration pics! Simply amazing.

Longwood Gardens does an amazing job with their Christmas display. I am so glad we have the opportunity to visit on a regular basis. It really is spectacular.

What a great wrap up to a great TR!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Fantastic recap of a great trip! I loved seeing the gorgeous photos again, and some new ones...

:moped: YIKES!!!

Thanks! I see you liked that motorcycle picture. :lmao: I can't believe I left that out the first time. Kind of hard to miss. :rotfl:

And I am especially glad that I don't have to wait for a new report

:banana:

See you on the Mystery Tour

:goodvibes

I owe that part of the name to Denny. But it doesn't happen until the end of the trip. Maybe I should reveal it sooner. And then again, maybe not! ;)

Absolutely loved your recap!!:love:

Thank you! Recaps are a lot of work, but I think they are a great way to end a TR.

If you don't mind, I may steal your idea whenever I come to the end of my TR (will probably be many moons from now :rotfl:)

You absolutely should. I love reading them because I tend to forget things about people's TRs. The recap solidifies it all for me! :thumbsup2

Still, my favorite picture of all your pictures is of you laughing in front of Ellen's:goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

You go girl! I did one half marathon and that was enough for me. :rotfl2: But that may have had something to do with the fact that it was a completely hilly half marathon. Nevertheless, it scarred me for life and I trained really hard, but on the training was flat because its flat where I live.

I can see why you would be scarred for life! I try to stay away from hilly courses if at all possible. If I go to an event that I am unfamiliar with the area, I will look on a map to see what the terrain is like before registering. Maybe that is why I like disney races so much... they are pretty flat. :goodvibes

I can see why you would be scarred for life! I try to stay away from hilly courses if at all possible. If I go to an event that I am unfamiliar with the area, I will look on a map to see what the terrain is like before registering. Maybe that is why I like disney races so much... they are pretty flat. :goodvibes

The year I did that hilly half marathon I also did a hilly 10 miler. All I remember was up a hill, down a hill, repeat. No flat at all. It was insane. I do remember my kids being at the 8 mile mark to cheer me on. That was the highlight of the run. To get ready I ran a 10 mile loop from my house that was totally flat. I did it every weekend. Nothing can prepare you for the hills.

The year I did that hilly half marathon I also did a hilly 10 miler. All I remember was up a hill, down a hill, repeat. No flat at all. It was insane. I do remember my kids being at the 8 mile mark to cheer me on. That was the highlight of the run. To get ready I ran a 10 mile loop from my house that was totally flat. I did it every weekend. Nothing can prepare you for the hills.

It is an amazing feeling to have family or friends cheer you on. I think the hills would definitely overshadow that feeling though. You are right! NOTHING prepares you for those hills (well, I guess running hills in training would.. but who wants to train like that. ;))

It is an amazing feeling to have family or friends cheer you on. I think the hills would definitely overshadow that feeling though. You are right! NOTHING prepares you for those hills (well, I guess running hills in training would.. but who wants to train like that. ;))

Ummmm - NO one! :rotfl2: I live where its pretty darn flat so if I get one good hill in a run that's about all I expect. It's crazy that I went from completely flat to completely hilly. :scared:

Ummmm - NO one! :rotfl2: I live where its pretty darn flat so if I get one good hill in a run that's about all I expect. It's crazy that I went from completely flat to completely hilly. :scared:

:rotfl: I am totally with you. I live on a plateau... but most areas around me are VERY hilly. I stay away from those areas if I can for any events. I still have hamstring issues from a race with a HUGE hill that I ran over a year ago.

:rotfl: I am totally with you. I live on a plateau... but most areas around me are VERY hilly. I stay away from those areas if I can for any events. I still have hamstring issues from a race with a HUGE hill that I ran over a year ago.

I can definitely see that happening. I don't blame you for avoiding any steep hills. I enjoy an occasional small hill, but that's my limit! Of course, I haven't run outside in weeks. There is too much snow around and I am terribly afraid of falling on ice or snow. I trip and fell while running a couple summers ago (nice weather - I just wasn't watching my footing and I clipped my foot on a raised side walk). I took a terrible fall and looked like a victim of domestic abuse for a couple weeks. Now I just stay on the treadmill if the weather is bad. And right now I am SO sick of the treadmill. Next weekend it should be nice enough to run outside. Please!

I can definitely see that happening. I don't blame you for avoiding any steep hills. I enjoy an occasional small hill, but that's my limit! Of course, I haven't run outside in weeks. There is too much snow around and I am terribly afraid of falling on ice or snow. I trip and fell while running a couple summers ago (nice weather - I just wasn't watching my footing and I clipped my foot on a raised side walk). I took a terrible fall and looked like a victim of domestic abuse for a couple weeks. Now I just stay on the treadmill if the weather is bad. And right now I am SO sick of the treadmill. Next weekend it should be nice enough to run outside. Please!

I shouldn't laugh... but I too was the victim of raised sidewalk abuse. I was about a mile from home when it happened on a nice sunny day. I was dripping blood all the way home... and had broken my hand. I don't blame you at all for doing the treadmill when weather is bad... I get it! Course, I think I am likely to injure myself on a treadmill too... I tend to run like a drunken sailor. I just know that I am going to side step wrong and face plant right off the treadmill someday. (and this is why I run on it even less than even in poor weather)

Hope weather is nicer for you soon!!! Outside runs are my favorite kind!

I shouldn't laugh... but I too was the victim of raised sidewalk abuse. I was about a mile from home when it happened on a nice sunny day. I was dripping blood all the way home... and had broken my hand. I don't blame you at all for doing the treadmill when weather is bad... I get it! Course, I think I am likely to injure myself on a treadmill too... I tend to run like a drunken sailor. I just know that I am going to side step wrong and face plant right off the treadmill someday. (and this is why I run on it even less than even in poor weather) Hope weather is nicer for you soon!!! Outside runs are my favorite kind!

I have been so bad about responding to this! Can not wait a moment longer. Your sidewalk incident sounds like mine. I was lucky I didn't break my wrist and I was covered w blood the whole way home. I couldn't get home fast enough. Then I was sure I had head trauma. I made Demny take me to the ER but I
Never went in. I decided I was fine. What a mess. I finally did get to run outside this weekend and it was wonderful!!!!!!

I have been so bad about responding to this! Can not wait a moment longer. Your sidewalk incident sounds like mine. I was lucky I didn't break my wrist and I was covered w blood the whole way home. I couldn't get home fast enough. Then I was sure I had head trauma. I made Demny take me to the ER but I
Never went in. I decided I was fine. What a mess. I finally did get to run outside this weekend and it was wonderful!!!!!!

PLEASE don't feel bad about not responding. :goodvibes

the two incidents do sound very similar. Not fun at all!!!

Glad you got outside to run this weekend. :thumbsup2

PLEASE don't feel bad about not responding. :goodvibes

the two incidents do sound very similar. Not fun at all!!!

You can say that again. And when I showed up at home depot that same day the sales lady get giving me weird looks. By then the pain and stopped and the after pain hadn't started yet and I remember thinking, "what is she looking at" :scratching Then - oh yeah!

Glad you got outside to run this weekend. :thumbsup2

It was glorious on Saturday. Just perfect in everyday! Hope your outdoors runs have been going well.

You can say that again. And when I showed up at home depot that same day the sales lady get giving me weird looks. By then the pain and stopped and the after pain hadn't started yet and I remember thinking, "what is she looking at" :scratching Then - oh yeah!

:rotfl: Oh man! At least evidence of my fall was mostly hidden... except the cast... but my bumps and scrapes were covered.

It was glorious on Saturday. Just perfect in everyday! Hope your outdoors runs have been going well.

Today was actually almost too hot! I bundled up like I normally have been and realized about a mile into my run that I should have opted out of some of the layers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter