I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? Sept TR **Life & PTR Update 5/11**

Like you, I love the castle show! It's just amazing to me how they project the various scenes on the castle and it's synchronized perfectly.

Great pictures of the fireworks! I can never get good shots like the ones that you took. Fantastic!

Your next update title is worrying me girl. Doesn't sound like it's a going to be a very good day.:crazy2:

Thank you for posting the pictures from the Castle Show and Wishes. I sure needed that on this Monday morning.

Uh oh, your title for the next installment does not sound good.

Like you, I love the castle show! It's just amazing to me how they project the various scenes on the castle and it's synchronized perfectly.

Great pictures of the fireworks! I can never get good shots like the ones that you took. Fantastic!

Your next update title is worrying me girl. Doesn't sound like it's a going to be a very good day.:crazy2:

I :lovestruc the castle show and Wishes. Definitely my favorite of the 3 closing events at the parks.

The whole day wasn't horrible, but the morning definitely was! :mad: I'll be doing that update that in the next day or two.

Thank you for posting the pictures from the Castle Show and Wishes. I sure needed that on this Monday morning.

Uh oh, your title for the next installment does not sound good.

Wishes pictures always make Mondays better!!

The next installment will be full of annoyance and frustration, mostly all caused by myself.

Playing catch up again (but at least I'm done with my TR and will wait to start my PTR if I do one).

I am determined that I am NOT going to miss the castle show during one of my two next trips -- May or September. I've only seen it once since they changed it and that was only part of it. Your pictures are making me want to see it even more.

What great photos of Wishes...my favorite nighttime show. You got some really great ones.

I love the photo of the castle with Walt and Mickey in front.

Sorry you weren't feeling up to staying for the rest of the night. But if you were feeling a bit down, a good night's sleep is always a good thing.

Playing catch up again (but at least I'm done with my TR and will wait to start my PTR if I do one).

I need to get my PTR going soon for my May trip too!

I am determined that I am NOT going to miss the castle show during one of my two next trips -- May or September. I've only seen it once since they changed it and that was only part of it. Your pictures are making me want to see it even more.

Definitely don't miss it, since who knows what they will be doing when you go again after those trips. It is such a nice show.

What great photos of Wishes...my favorite nighttime show. You got some really great ones.

Thanks, it's my favorite too!

I love the photo of the castle with Walt and Mickey in front.

I was happy with how that turned out. I wasn't sure if the lighting was good enough, but it looks cool like that.

Sorry you weren't feeling up to staying for the rest of the night. But if you were feeling a bit down, a good night's sleep is always a good thing.

Exactly! I would have liked to stay, but I knew better than to push it when I was still at the beginning of the trip as far as getting too tired.

Replies above! :goodvibes

WOW! The drama you have been through on this thread is tough :( I'm sorry that happend to you! I am glad that everything seems to be looking up now! I am enjoying reading the TR!

Hey everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit but life's been crazy. We are having a slow morning at work today though, so I'm going to try to get a quick TR update in, and I'll be starting my PTR for my trip next month in the next couple of days too! :banana:

Be back very soon with the update!

DAY 4, TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10, PART ONE

I woke up at 6am thanks to my phone's alarm (I didn't bother setting a wake up call after it went wrong the previous day). I was still pretty tired and my feet were sore, but I got a shower, ate and headed to the bus stop. On my walk there I said hello to a little friend.

I saw a bus arriving as I walked up, but for the second day in a row it left just as I got to the bus stop. I took a seat and waited. And waited.

After about 17 minutes I saw a MK bus pull up and decided to hop on it. No, I wasn't going to MK for a third day in a row, I was going to Epcot. But since I had never ridden the monorail from MK to Epcot I thought I'd do that. Well, as we pulled out of CBR I realized I made a mistake, I was on an AK bus, not MK! :worried:

When we stopped at Blizzard Beach I got off, figuring I would just grab an Epcot bus from there. The EMH started at 8am and it was already 7:45am at that point. To make matters worse, about 2 minutes after the bus pulled away I realized I had left my camera sitting on the seat. I quickly called WDW's help line and was connected to an extremely helpful agent. She got all the info I could give her about what the driver looked like, time, where it was going, etc so she could try to contact that driver. While I waited for a call back I stood at the Epcot bus stop, waiting once again. After 25 minutes of standing there with no Epcot bus in sight I saw a TTC bus pull up. I told him what was going on and he radioed in. They didn't have any Epcot buses scheduled to come there for a while still, so I got on the TTC bus to got back to my original plan of riding the monorail to Epcot.

As the bus pulled into the TTC I got a call back from WDW guest services. The driver found my camera when he pulled into AK, so they were shipping it over to CBR for me to get later that day. So, I would be out of a camera for the day, but at least they did have it. So, phone pictures it was for the day!

The Epcot monorail pulled up after just a minute or two, around 8:32am.

The ride was nice, though I was still upset with myself for getting on the wrong bus, then leaving my camera. We pulled into Epcot around 8:45am, and there was almost no line to get in. Thankfully the crowds were low that morning, despite the EMH. I stopped at the first PP photographer I saw and he used my phone to take a picture.

And two from his camera

I took one SSE and fountain picture myself...

...then kept going into the park. I headed into the Land pavillion, expecting a line for Soarin' since the park had been open for almost an hour already.

Instead I walked directly into the holding area and was immediately placed into a first row spot, with lots of empty spots around still when they started the video. It was a great ride as always, though the spots on the film are starting to bother me a bit. They do need to clean it up some, though I don't want them to refurb it while I'm there! :rotfl:

After finishing my ride over California I walked next door to Living with the Land. It had a 10 minute posted wait, but no one was in line so I got right on a boat with a couple of other people and that's it. No pictures on it since I wanted to save my battery life!

It was about 9:30am when I got off, and I was feeling hungry for my favorite QS park breakfast, Sunshine Seasons! I ordered the adult Breakfast Platter, and it once again did not disappoint!

After eating I got back into the Soarin' standby line, after grabbing a FP. One I never used though. Despite the park being fully open for 45 minutes by then the standby line was still less than 15 minutes.

NEXT TIME: TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

That's too bad about the wait for the bus and then getting on the wrong bus and then leaving your camera behind.

I'm glad you were finally able to get a bus to the TTC and get to Epcot. And thankfully they found your camera.

Great photopass pictures (I think we are skipping the Memory Maker...I'm not fond of some of the new systems Disney has put in place).

I wish they'd fix those spots on Soarin' too...it really bothers me.

Your breakfast at Sunshine Seasons looks really good.

Oh man! I hated to read that you got on the wrong bus and were delayed in getting to the park. Oh and thank goodness they found your camera. :thumbsup2 At least you were able to ride the monorail to Epcot and the crowds were low.

What a yucky morning, thank goodness they found your camera! I would have been pretty mad at myself too if I had done that.

At least Epcot was still empty after you got there. I would love to see a Soarin' line of 15 minutes that late in the morning!

Despite not having a camera, your cell phone pictures look great. I love the one with SE and the fountain!

That's too bad about the wait for the bus and then getting on the wrong bus and then leaving your camera behind.

I'm glad you were finally able to get a bus to the TTC and get to Epcot. And thankfully they found your camera.

Great photopass pictures (I think we are skipping the Memory Maker...I'm not fond of some of the new systems Disney has put in place).

I wish they'd fix those spots on Soarin' too...it really bothers me.

Your breakfast at Sunshine Seasons looks really good.

It just started the day out badly to have all of that happen. It was my fault, but still sucked. But it was great that they found my camera for sure! :goodvibes

I'm giving MM a try this trip, but we will see if I use it again in the future.

The spots on Soarin are certainly distracting, which is sad since I really love the ride.

Oh man! I hated to read that you got on the wrong bus and were delayed in getting to the park. Oh and thank goodness they found your camera. :thumbsup2 At least you were able to ride the monorail to Epcot and the crowds were low.

I think the fact that pretty much all of what happened was my fault just made it worse. The monorail ride was nice though, and having such low crowds made getting there late not as bad.

What a yucky morning, thank goodness they found your camera! I would have been pretty mad at myself too if I had done that.

At least Epcot was still empty after you got there. I would love to see a Soarin' line of 15 minutes that late in the morning!

Despite not having a camera, your cell phone pictures look great. I love the one with SE and the fountain!

I was completely shocked that the wait was still that low for Soarin. I usually go during low crowd times, but that was low even for low attendance days!

I do like my cell camera, it's a nice one for what it is. And that SE/fountain pic is one of my favs too. ::yes::

I woke up at 6am thanks to my phone's alarm (I didn't bother setting a wake up call after it went wrong the previous day).
I always just used my phone as well. The Disney wake up calls do seem to be a bit inconsistent on their timing, in my experience.

But since I had never ridden the monorail from MK to Epcot I thought I'd do that.
Great idea!!!! I always love looping through EPCOT before I get in the park. It adds an element of excitement about what awaits.

Well, as we pulled out of CBR I realized I made a mistake, I was on an AK bus, not MK! :worried:
:headache:

Clearly a more adventurous journey than you'd ever dreamed before you left, but I'm glad that you made it to EPCOT and got to ride the monorail into the park. And more importantly, I'm glad they found your camera so quickly and made arrangements to ship it to you without having to make trips to lost and found to retrieve it.

Not bad pictures for the phone. :thumbsup2

I always just used my phone as well. The Disney wake up calls do seem to be a bit inconsistent on their timing, in my experience.

Great idea!!!! I always love looping through EPCOT before I get in the park. It adds an element of excitement about what awaits.

:headache:

Clearly a more adventurous journey than you'd ever dreamed before you left, but I'm glad that you made it to EPCOT and got to ride the monorail into the park. And more importantly, I'm glad they found your camera so quickly and made arrangements to ship it to you without having to make trips to lost and found to retrieve it.

Not bad pictures for the phone. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I was glad that the camera was ultimately found and I made it to the park without crazy crowds.

I know I've been MIA for a bit, but my life has been crazy for the past month or so. Some is for good reasons, some is bad.

To start, I now am dating someone, George. He's a co-worker and no, our boss doesn't have a problem with it at all. I'm spending a lot of my non-working time with him, which leads to far less DIS time. But I am very very happy with him. He is a wonderful man and treats me like a queen. And since it has been asked, no he is not coming to WDW with me. Can't afford it right now and our work is small so two people out at the same time for a week would be difficult.

The unhappy reason is that my cat Jynx has been having health issues lately. I noticed about a year ago that she was starting to lose weight. We've run bloodwork last year, xrays, etc and couldn't find anything wrong. Fast forward to now and she's even worse. In January 2013 she weighed 10.1 lbs. She now weighs 5.44 lbs. Her ideal weight is about 9-9.5 lbs, so she is about 4 lbs underweight, or just over half the size she should be. Repeatedly bloodwork still showed nothing wrong so on Friday I took her in for an ultrasound. She still didn't want to give me a straight answer, but it's been narrowed down to two things. The better option is Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD). With that she could live years still with medication and a diet change. The bad option is Small Cell Lymphoma (AKA cancer). With that she could die anytime now. Average life span for Lymphoma is 1-3 years, and she has probably had it for over a year now (if that's what she has). The only way to know which it is would be surgery to get samples from several organs to biopsy. Not only is it at least $3000 (which I don't have) but in her current state she is likely not to survive the surgery. The silver lining is that whether it's IBD or lymphoma they would prescribe Prednisone. So I have her on Prednisone and I will modify her diet too in hopes that it is IBD. Basically if she gets better and lives for years it is IBD. If she doesn't improve and dies soon then it is Lymphoma. I hate not knowing, but at least I know she is on the right medication no matter which one it is. She at the very least will be more comfortable now.

So, that is the craziness I have been dealing with lately. I am running around like crazy getting ready for my trip in 9 days!!! :scared1: I definitely don't have time for a PTR for that trip, but will do an update later today with some info about that trip, and hopefully a TR update too.

Mini PTR:

Who: Me, Stephanie, and my mother, Jennie
What: A mother-daughter WDW trip
Where: Caribbean Beach Resort
When: May 20-26, 2014
Why: Mother's Day present to my mom!

Quick synopsis: Basically I'm taking my mom to Walt Disney World as a Mother's day present. We are driving down on the 20th (my mom is terrified of flying) and driving back home on the 26th. Staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort with the regular Dining Plan and Memory Maker. Basic 5 day ticket.

Schedule:

5/20: Leaving our house around midnight and driving all day. Hoping to arrive 3-4pm. Get settled into our room then explore the resort since my Mom has never been there. Eat either at the resort or if we feel up to it we will head to DTD for dinner and shopping.

5/21: Hollywood Studios. Dinner will be at 50s Prime Time, which will be a first for me though my mom has eaten there before. FP+ for Toy Story Midway Mania, The Great Movie Ride and Tower of Terror.

5/22: Animal Kingdom. Pre-park opening breakfast at Tusker House. Dinner either at CBR or DTD, depending on which we did the first night. FP+ for Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safari.

5/23: Magic Kingdom. This is the 24 hour day, though I doubt we will stay all 24 hours. Character Dinner at The Crystal Palace. FP+ for Anna/Elsa Meeting, Splash Mountain and The Jungle Cruise.

5/24: Animal Kingdom. Wild Africa Trek at 12:30pm, which is the second time for me but a first for my mom. Dinner at Tusker House. FP+ for Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids and Character meet at Adventurers Outpost.

5/25: Epcot. Lunch at The Coral Reef and dinner at Garden Grill. FP+ for Soarin', The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush.

That's about it. If you have any questions about the trip please ask! :goodvibes I will try to get back with a TR update very soon!

It's so sad that they can't figure out exactly what is wrong with your fur baby! Like you said, though, at least you know that Prednisone would be what they use to treat one of the two illnesses that they think she has. I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed that she improves.

Oh and I've already said Congrats about you and George but it's worth repeating again. He sounds like a great guy!

I was looking at your trip plans and trying to figure out when we might at least meet up and say HEY! PM me your phone number either here or on Facebook so we can try and figure this out.

So glad things are going well for you and George! Sorry to hear about your fur baby. Hope you enjoy your Mother's Day trip!

It's so sad that they can't figure out exactly what is wrong with your fur baby! Like you said, though, at least you know that Prednisone would be what they use to treat one of the two illnesses that they think she has. I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed that she improves.

Thanks, I hope the Prednisone works well for her too and she has many years left! It is definitely a good thing that we can treat her for either possibility with the same medication.

Oh and I've already said Congrats about you and George but it's worth repeating again. He sounds like a great guy!

Thank you, he is a great guy! I am very lucky to have him, and lucky that he thinks he is very lucky too! :goodvibes

I was looking at your trip plans and trying to figure out when we might at least meet up and say HEY! PM me your phone number either here or on Facebook so we can try and figure this out.

I will PM it to you in just a minute!

Replies in red above!

So glad things are going well for you and George! Sorry to hear about your fur baby. Hope you enjoy your Mother's Day trip!

Thank you, and I hope I enjoy the trip too. I'm sure I will. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter