I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? Sept TR **Life & PTR Update 5/11**

I was going to do an update to my TR tonight, but I promised to come back here and I wanted to catch up.

I read everything, but I'm too far behind to comment on it all, so I'll just post a few comments.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour. We really enjoyed it and are so glad we did it, especially since we have a full schedule in September and then are taking a break from Disney.

I don't recall seeing puffed French toast on your plate at CP. :eek: I love the pictures of you with the characters at CP...very cute.

And you got so much done at the MK...good for you.

And, as always, great photopass pictures of you.

I was going to do an update to my TR tonight, but I promised to come back here and I wanted to catch up.

I read everything, but I'm too far behind to comment on it all, so I'll just post a few comments.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour. We really enjoyed it and are so glad we did it, especially since we have a full schedule in September and then are taking a break from Disney.

I don't recall seeing puffed French toast on your plate at CP. :eek: I love the pictures of you with the characters at CP...very cute.

And you got so much done at the MK...good for you.

And, as always, great photopass pictures of you.

The KttK tour was great, I'm certainly glad I did it.

I know I ate the puffed french toast, I must have forgotten to take a picture of the plate that had it on it. :goodvibes

Thank you!

DAY 3, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH, PART 3

After my delicious BOG lunch I kept walking through New Fantasyland until I made it to Storybook Circus.

It was time for a classic, Dumbo!! The posted wait was 15 minutes, but thanks to a lot of kids just wanting to play in the new area I only waited about 10.

This was my second time riding it in the new location, and for the second time I got the clockwise side of the ride. But I didn't mind, cause I was soon flying high in the sky!

I found some new-ish entertainers when I got done my flight. A clown fire department band was playing when I approached the tent/store, and then after they finished a couple of clowns came out to entertain. The kids swarmed quickly, so I took a picture and moved on.

The train arrived as I walked toward it. I wasn't heading for it, but the Tomorrowland pathway.

Since I came upon it first I checked the wait time (15 minutes) and headed into Space Mountain.

The line wasn't too bad, though they only had one side open. Here is the other side:

In maybe 12 minutes I was in my spaceship and flying thru the universe. I managed to get what I thought was a decent pose for this ride photo:

However, the woman sitting behind me did not agree. She didn't say it to my face, but when we got off and were looking at the ride photos so I could get the number to give to the attendant, she complained to her companion that I ruined their picture. Umm....it was my picture too. Maybe your boring faces ruined my picture, did you ever think of that? ;):lmao:

I was feeling like just getting on whatever I passed, so since it was the closest attraction I headed onto the TTA/Peoplemover. There was no line this time, and I walked right on.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

A few photos I took while relaxing on the TTA:

In my quest to just keep going around Tomorrowland I stopped in Buzz next. It was only about a 10 minute wait, both posted and the actual time. Still no Buzz Lightyear while in line.

I didn't get a great score this time as the button on my "gun" would only compress about 1/2 way, causing my laser to rarely actual light up. I did let the CM at the end know about it when I got off the ride.

After getting my ride photo added to my PP+ card I walked around the corner to get my joke on!

More Monsters University paraphernalia in the holding area

It was a 10 minutes posted wait, but for the first time that trip I actually waited even longer, at least 15 minutes. There was some sort of issue in the show that was going as we waited, as we went through all the pre-show video and announcements, even the lights blinking at the doors to warn us they were opening. And then......nothing. Doors didn't open and a CM came jogging down the handicap access side and into the theater. The video started again before we finally were let in, with no explanation. I never did find out why we were delayed, but our show was still it's normal, funny, good time.

I had zero interest in the next attraction on the way (Stitch), so I kept going toward the Hub. The castle stage show was wrapping up, but I did get 2 pictures before it finished.

I hung around the Hub for a few minutes after the show ended, letting everyone else clear out so I didn't get lost in the crowd. While I waited I took pictures of the statuettes around the Hub center.

For Halloween decorations they also had 4 larger statues around the Hub of characters in their Halloween costumes:

Musketeers Pluto, and Donald:

Jester Goofy:

And Princess Minnie:

I stopped at a PP photog at the Hub before I moved on. First two are my camera, then the third is the PP+ pic.

I did have a purpose in heading toward the Hub, I wanted to go down Main Street. I was on a mission!

The military person of the day was getting his instructions on the flag lowering ceremony...

...but I hung a right and went into Town Hall. Once there I filled out applausograms for my KTTK guide Rachel, and the funny Jungle Cruise CM Adam. Once I filled them both out I walked into the stores on the other side of Main Street. I looked around but didn't buy anything, until I made it to the Main Street Bakery. Once there I got my second Pumpkin Spice Latte of the trip.

As I approached the hub once again I attempted to get a good picture of the castle.

That gentleman actually gave me a dirty look when he realized I had been taking a picture. He must have been focused, as my camera is not small and he walked directly in front of me! :sad2:

At least my moat picture turned out better!

I stopped at another PP photographer near the hub for a few more shots. This time my camera is only the first picture, the other three are from my PP+

I had some time to kill before it was time for my dinner ADR, so where should I head next???

NEXT TIME: BACK SO SOON??

Looks like a fun time with plenty of short waits. That's kind of nuts that Space was so short, especially with one side of it closed off.

Maybe next time you should try to at least stay awake on the ride so you don't ruin the pictures for everyone else. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I definitely like your strategy of just going along and riding whatever you pass... as long as it isn't Stitch. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

That sounds like a fun afternoon with lots of rides! So nice to have such short wait times.

I saw that Clown band in September and I was not a fan. I found it kind of creepy but that might be more because I don't like clowns. :rotfl:

Boo to that lady on SM. There was nothing wrong with your picture, some people just have no sense of humor!

I loved the pictures of the Pluto statues in the Hub of course! ::yes:: I try to get my picture with the one everytime I go.

Is it just me or did the other two people in the Space Mountain picture look like they were bored as heck? Like you ruined their picture? Whatev!

Wait, I forgot something. The water pictures that you took around Dumbo are fantastic as are all of your others but the water ones are cool.

Looks like a fun time with plenty of short waits. That's kind of nuts that Space was so short, especially with one side of it closed off.

Maybe next time you should try to at least stay awake on the ride so you don't ruin the pictures for everyone else. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I definitely like your strategy of just going along and riding whatever you pass... as long as it isn't Stitch. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I did not expect the wait for Space to be so short. And to see it moving that fast with only one side open was crazy!

Guess I was more tired than I thought! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Since by that point I had done everything between that day and the previous I thought I'd just go with the flow some.

That sounds like a fun afternoon with lots of rides! So nice to have such short wait times.

I saw that Clown band in September and I was not a fan. I found it kind of creepy but that might be more because I don't like clowns. :rotfl:

Boo to that lady on SM. There was nothing wrong with your picture, some people just have no sense of humor!

I loved the pictures of the Pluto statues in the Hub of course! ::yes:: I try to get my picture with the one everytime I go.

Why I like going at non-peak times, short lines!!!

I have no issues with clowns, but they weren't exciting to me. Good for kids I guess and goes along with the theming.

Exactly! It's not like I photobombed her engagement photo in front of the castle of something, I was going to be in the picture no matter what.

I thought you might like those statues! :goodvibes

Is it just me or did the other two people in the Space Mountain picture look like they were bored as heck? Like you ruined their picture? Whatev!

Wait, I forgot something. The water pictures that you took around Dumbo are fantastic as are all of your others but the water ones are cool.

Definitely looked bored to me too. He actually kind of laughed it off when she complained, but she was truly upset about it. Probably because they looked so boring and I didn't!! :rotfl:

I love water effects and how it looks close up. Believe me, I take a TON of water pictures at WDW. Every waterfall, ride, etc that has water I usually take 2-4 pictures of, zoomed out and in. I just don't post them all or the TR would never end!!! :lmao:

I have been skulking, reading your postings quietly. But I just had to say how great your pictures are. What type of camera do you have? Thanks for your entertaining report!

I have been skulking, reading your postings quietly. But I just had to say how great your pictures are. What type of camera do you have? Thanks for your entertaining report!

:wave2: Thanks for deciding to post! I have a Nikon Coolpix L120. And thank you very much!

DAY 3, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH, PART 4

After getting my picture taken and finishing my Pumpkin Spice Latte I walked over the bridge and into Tomorrowland again.

I decided on Buzz Lightyear, which only had a 5 minute posted wait, which was accurate.

My score was pretty low again, with no bad trigger to blame this time.

For some reason the pictures weren't being taken this ride, and the CMs had no idea why they weren't working. One said he would go check on it. Meanwhile I got back in line, which was a bit longer, probably as everyone who got off around me got back in line hoping to get a picture the next go round. The wait was still only about 8 minutes, and my score went way up this time.

And the pictures were working again too, and I got to do something besides the "sniper" face I seem to always do!

I grabbed a FP for Space Mountain, that I never used, then headed along the back pathway toward my dinner destination. But before I made it there I once again saw the train. This one was not the same one as earlier, and you'll see how I know that in the 3rd picture.

It's the Walter E. Disney!!! The one I saw earlier that day was the Roger E. Broggie.

One of the great things about Disney is the little details, like the walkways in Storybook Circus:

All the different footprints in the concrete are such a nice touch.

I kept going thru S.C. and into New Fantasyland. I stopped in the gift shop next to Gaston's Tavern and found a painting I really want.

It is a bit outside my price range, so if anyone would like to buy it for me, my birthday is this Friday! :lmao:

Continuing on through New Fantasyland...

And wound up at my dinner destination, which looked VERY familiar...

Yup, I was back at BOG for dinner! I figured since it was a different menu it was fine. I checked in at 6:09pm for a 6:20pm reservation, and walked up to the doors with my pager.

It was definitely cooler than when I was there for lunch, but still quite warm. They did have lemonade out for those waiting.

I only waited about 6 minutes to go in, and was seated in the ballroom. My server, Kristen, did take a few minutes to come over and greet me, but she was quick, nice and attentive the rest of the meal.

For anyone wondering, here is the menu:

I ordered my drink and the Chicken Breast Provencal. She quickly brought my drink out and some bread and butter, which were yummy.

It didn't take long for my meal to arrive either, only 13 minutes from ordering to on my table.

So, what did I think? It was DELICIOUS!!!! The chicken was perfect, the sauce was good. The only minor thing was that the potatoes were a bit dry, but I dipped them in the sauce and that took care of them. In fact the only complaint I had was due to the family next to me. Funny enough they were also next to me at breakfast that morning, at CP. They were fine then, but the daughter decided to be a complete brat during dinner. She kept coming over and leaning on my table, running around the room, ignoring her parents, etc. Thankfully the table on the other side of my had a couple that were very nice. At one point the woman saw me writing in my journal and asked if I do trip reports. I told her I did on the DIS and she was a member here too. I told her my username but she didn't know who I was. I don't think she told me hers, but if she did I didn't write it down anyway.

Once I finished my food, and I did eat it all, I ordered my dessert. While I love the Strawberry Cupcake I went with a new one, the Chocolate Cream Puff. She quickly brought it out, drawing on the plate before sitting it down for me.

It was divine, and that's coming from someone who is not big on chocolate! I was done eating at 7:25pm and walked over to the area for my picture with Beast. There were 2 families ahead of me in line. There was a funny moment just before the family in front of me got their pictures. Beast crossed his arms and started stomping his feet, acting mad. The CMs had no clue what was wrong, until he pointed to the ceiling. The music playing was the instrumental version of "Gaston", which Beast did not appreciate. He got over it though and took pictures with the next family. The little girl in that family had light up shoes, which he loved and kept pointing to, showing everyone in line and the CMs her shoes. Once he finished admiring them it was my turn!

Oh Lisa, remember when I said I take a ton of water pictures?

I was heading back through New Fantasyland, to take another ride Under the Sea.

Yup, another waterfall picture there too! The posted wait was 10 minutes, but I walked through the queue and got right on with no wait at all. Now, not to scare anyone, but as I started to walk through the queue, in the part still outside, I had a mouse run across the walkway right in front of me. I guess Mickey had family visiting! It didn't bother me, and no one else was around. It just dashed across, so no picture of it. I'll just get to the ride photos instead!

And since I took pictures of the walkway in Storybook Circus, here is one of the walkway in front of VotLM

I made my way back, walking toward Fantasyland, though that wasn't my final destination.

The Tangled area is really nice at night, with the lanterns all lit up

Looking toward the castle from the area near the rafts for Tom Sawyer Island

I was making my way to do an attraction I've done many times, but never at night, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

The wait was only about 7 minutes, but I did still get a couple of pictures in the queue.

I have to say, I think I like it even more at night! It was very fun to not be able to see what was next, and see the scenes only visible at night.

It was getting close to time for the Castle show and Wishes, so I walked toward Adventureland so I could get to the Hub. I did snap a pic of Splash Mountain as I passed it.

The Hub was packed, but the advantage of only being one person meant I could find a spot still to stand.

I was right next to the Partners statue. And by right next to, I MEAN right next to.

MSEP started 10 minutes late, and no reason was given. I wasn't really worried about seeing it, which was good since there was a tree and tons of people in my way. I did manage to get some decent pictures still.

Despite the short lines everywhere, there were A LOT of people in the Hub and Main Street area. How many? Well, I stood on a bench and took this picture down Main Street after the parade passed and people spilled into the streets.

Just a few guests, right? :rotfl:

NEXT TIME: CASTLE SHOW AND FIREWORKS!

It is a bit outside my price range, so if anyone would like to buy it for me, my birthday is this Friday! :lmao:
Well... um... Happy Birthday. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm glad that you got to experience dinner at BoG as well. Sorry about the kid at the next table. Your M&G with Beast looks like a lot of fun though. You typically don't think of Beast as being a fun and playful type of character! :lmao:

I was making my way to do an attraction I've done many times, but never at night, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!
You haven't lived until you've ridden Big Thunder after dark! :thumbsup2 I love how it is almost a whole different ride when it gets dark.

I have got to find a way to get to Disney during September. :thumbsup2 I can't believe how much you got done during the day.

Weird that the picture wasn't working on Buzz but at least the line was short enough to go ride again!

I need to stop and look at details more, I didn't even realize there was more than one train at MK. I guess it does make sense since running only one would take too long. :rotfl:

Yummy dinner! Thanks again for sending me a picture of the Chicken Dish while you were there. I did get it in October and loved it. I do agree that the potatoes were a little dry. I've eaten there three times now so this next trip I'm going to give lunch a try.

As for the Beauty and the Beast picture, you can find those Thomas Kinkade prints for a lot less money. I have three that are just canvas wrapped and I think they were around $100 each. Still pricy but sure better than $2,300!

However, the woman sitting behind me did not agree. She didn't say it to my face, but when we got off and were looking at the ride photos so I could get the number to give to the attendant, she complained to her companion that I ruined their picture. Umm....it was my picture too. Maybe your boring faces ruined my picture, did you ever think of that? ;):lmao:
I agree with you!!! :thumbsup2

At least my moat picture turned out better!

And just think, this could be one of the last pictures taken of the moat now that it's been drained.

Keep up the great TR!

Well... um... Happy Birthday. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl:

I'm glad that you got to experience dinner at BoG as well. Sorry about the kid at the next table. Your M&G with Beast looks like a lot of fun though. You typically don't think of Beast as being a fun and playful type of character! :lmao:

You haven't lived until you've ridden Big Thunder after dark! :thumbsup2 I love how it is almost a whole different ride when it gets dark.

Thanks!!

The kid was annoying but didn't ruin my experience. Beast was a lot more fun than I expected.

I don't know why I haven't ridden BTMR at night before, it was great!

I have got to find a way to get to Disney during September. :thumbsup2 I can't believe how much you got done during the day.

Short lines are great!

Weird that the picture wasn't working on Buzz but at least the line was short enough to go ride again!

Weird for sure, but it was working again a few minutes later at least.

I need to stop and look at details more, I didn't even realize there was more than one train at MK. I guess it does make sense since running only one would take too long. :rotfl:

There are 3 trains that run regularly. The third is the Roy O. Disney. There is a 4th train, the Lilly Belle, but it is now only used for the opening ceremony usually, unless one of the others is down for repairs.

Yummy dinner! Thanks again for sending me a picture of the Chicken Dish while you were there. I did get it in October and loved it. I do agree that the potatoes were a little dry. I've eaten there three times now so this next trip I'm going to give lunch a try.

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it too!!!

As for the Beauty and the Beast picture, you can find those Thomas Kinkade prints for a lot less money. I have three that are just canvas wrapped and I think they were around $100 each. Still pricy but sure better than $2,300!

I have seen the prints, they are nice too.

Replies above!

I agree with you!!! :thumbsup2

And just think, this could be one of the last pictures taken of the moat now that it's been drained.

Keep up the great TR!

Thanks!

I thought that when I posted it too. :goodvibes

DAY 3, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH, PART 5

After MSEP finished I only had about a 10 minute wait until the Celebrate the Magic castle show started. Rather than interupt with pesky words, I'll just let you enjoy the pictures!

One quick photo interuption: Since it was the Halloween season they had added some special castle scenes involving villians. The next 3 pictures are from the new, limited time section of the show. After that it went back to the normal scenes once again.

I really like this castle show, it is well done, includes a lot of Disney characters in it, and the images are so beautiful.

Shortly after the castle show ended, Wishes began! Once again I will let the pictures do the talking...

More Wishes pictures

Once Wishes was over there was the usual stampede to the exit, even though the park still had over 2.5 hours until closing. I hung around the Hub for a while, getting a good picture of the statue and castle together once it cleared out.

With so many people gone I was able to get a night picture in front of the castle from a PP photographer. First two pictures are my camera, the other 3 aer the PP+ pics.

Around 10:35pm they did the whole Kiss Goodnight, which was weird since Magic Kingdom was open until 1am. I asked a CM about it and he said it must have been a mistake.

I was feeling very tired and run down, so I made the decision to leave versus staying until closing as I had planned. I made my way slowly down Main Street, letting everyone else rush out ahead of me. I stopped at the pumpkin island in Town Square for pictures once again. I cannot seem to find my PP+ pics from this, only 2 from my camera.

Some Halloween decorations from the Town Square area:

I walked out finally and made it to the CBR bus stop around 10:45pm. A bus was pulling away as I got in line but another showed up right after so I only waited about 2 minutes. The line for CBR was not bad at all, but the All-Stars line was ridiculous!!! The line queue itself was completely full, then the line kept going and went past the next 5 bus stops too. :scared1:

I got back to CBR shortly after 11pm, downloaded my pictures and went to bed.

NEXT TIME: STEPHANIE AND THE NO-GOOD, VERY BAD, ROTTEN MORNING!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter