I talk way too much Wonder Trip Report 5/7-5/10/09 *FOOD PICS ADDED!!*

The food pictures and reviews were very helpful - now I know a couple of dishes that I was planning to order - that I will not be ordering (like the lobster pasta and the room service cheese plate). That tuna & caviar, though - multiple orders!!

ps - wish my camera had a food setting, too!! Would save me so much effort!!

now I know a couple of dishes that I was planning to order - that I will not be ordering (like the lobster pasta and the room service cheese plate).

I'm new to the board, but had to laugh when I read Ehagerty's comments about not ordering food that he/she had planned to order based on comments of a complete stranger. I'm guessing that with 1171 Posts already, Ehagerty would be able to make an informed decision on his/her own. Plus, if you wanted to order it in the first place and didn't like it for yourself, your server would gladly bring you something else. Funny how people get so easily influenced by other peoples comments.:rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing your report and so many great photos! I had no idea that cinnamon panini existed but I assure you it will be one of the first things I eat on our next cruise :)

now I know a couple of dishes that I was planning to order - that I will not be ordering (like the lobster pasta and the room service cheese plate).

I'm new to the board, but had to laugh when I read Ehagerty's comments about not ordering food that he/she had planned to order based on comments of a complete stranger. I'm guessing that with 1171 Posts already, Ehagerty would be able to make an informed decision on his/her own. Plus, if you wanted to order it in the first place and didn't like it for yourself, your server would gladly bring you something else. Funny how people get so easily influenced by other peoples comments.:rotfl2:

Actually, pictures - not comments. OP noted her frame of reference - and I can read it for what it is - and process that I am more adventuresome. It is her pictures that are so helpful to my analysis - the lack of lobster on the lobster pasta dish - and the relatively traditional look of the cheese. In short, the pictures helped me to know that there is not enough lobster on the pasta to waste an order on it (yes, I could have it taken back and order something else, but that would be preventable waste). Also, I like unusual cheeses - and I can see that these don't have the characteristics of unusual cheese, they don't crumble, they are too uniform in shape, etc. I could be wrong, but that is the beauty of the disboards - I can look at pictures and read subjective analysis and decide for myself what to try. I could be wrong about the cheese - and I may try it anyway - but I'd be surprised if they are what I would be served at the California Grill or Victoria & Alberts.

On the other hand, there is no disputing the lobster evidence (too little). I don't care how terrific the pasta sauce is, I can make it at home. I want to have stomach room for something I can't make myself on vacation. Will I make a decision based on OP's pictures? Maybe. On the other hand, if there is nothing else that interests me, I at least have the fore-knowledge to ask the server how much lobster will appear on my plate. Either they will make sure there is "enough" or they will admit there is little and steer me towards something that may satisfy me more.

That said, you are correct in noting that some threshold of post-counts suggest some level of Disney consumer maturity - that we have some sense of how to interpret postings in context. After all, this is a blog-like-thing and caveat-emptor-and-all. Everyone chimes in, all voices heard. You learn over time who knows what and how to interpret comments. Its all part of the fun.....

:woohoo: Your TR was great reading and made me very impatient for cruise in 204 more days.

You have a beautiful daughter, you are truly blessed.

Food looks appetizing...just like I remember from first cruise in '06. Can't wait to eat Escargot ~ glad they didn't take it off the new menu. :yay:

Thanks for posting. ;)

Thank you for sharing your trip report. I really love the pictures from the beach. I am impressed at your para sailing...I am way too scared!:scared1:

wow thanks so much for posting this! i really enjoyed reading it and your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! im so happy that you and DBG and daughter had such a wonderful time!

i will be taking my first disney cruise in dec and i know that im definitely ordering a room service BLT!!! hahah

Thank you so much for posting your TR! :cool1: We have a 3 day booked for next April and are considering the Sea Lion Encounter...loved your pictures and oh btw, I had no idea the Lions are so big!!! :scared1:

I was expecting like the size of a small dog! :rotfl:

I'm glad you thought it was worth the $$, my youngest DD turning 12 the day we have it scheduled so I thought it would be a cool birthday present...your DD is beautiful, loved your TR! :cheer2:

Great report! Your dd is beautiful... I liked the b/w photo of her.
Your food descriptions were amusing. I had to laugh at some of them.:goodvibes I will be cruising next year and I hope they still have the cinnamon pannini on the menu, I would love to try it.
I praise you for stepping out of your box and trying new and different things. This sets a wonderful example for your dd. I have always encouraged my nephew to try something at least twice. I tell him "just because you don't like it here and now, your taste buds may change later or this place may not have prepared it properly." The good thing is, if you don't like it, DCL will take it back and try to give you something you like.:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for posting your TR! :cool1: We have a 3 day booked for next April and are considering the Sea Lion Encounter...loved your pictures and oh btw, I had no idea the Lions are so big!!! :scared1:

I was expecting like the size of a small dog! :rotfl:

I'm glad you thought it was worth the $$, my youngest DD turning 12 the day we have it scheduled so I thought it would be a cool birthday present...your DD is beautiful, loved your TR! :cheer2:

Oh thank you! I was surprised by how large the sea lions were too. The one that was in the picture with me was about 400lbs :scared: The trainers had them do lots of tricks and if you tell them it's your daughters bday, they'll do extra stuff for her. You can buy a video on the encounter. I would budget for that because they might make it extra special for her day and you would be able to have it forever. I want to say it was like $45.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter