I said Ohana, not Obama!!!! - A BFF's do NYE TR **UPDATE 11/4 Pg. 38**

Don't worry, I totally get it. I randomly point upwards ALL THE TIME. It's normal.

Funny that both of your foods of the day were drinks! :rotfl:

We've been to Biergarten twice. Jill isn't crazy about it. I am excited to be going to several new restaurants on the June trip. I love that there are so many different places to try!

We've been to Biergarten twice. Jill isn't crazy about it. I am excited to be going to several new restaurants on the June trip. I love that there are so many different places to try!

I know! Every time I try to pick dining options for our upcoming trips, I feel like the list is endless, and that there are so many places that I haven't eaten yet.

I'm so jealous that you got to go on this trip with your good friend! It looks like such a blast - especially the big beers, and shots, and mexican hats... Farrell looks like she was having a good time, regardless of the awful crowds at HS - hope you guys eventually got to ride ToT!

Also, WOW on the TSMM score! I really need to do some research before I go back in September and try to beat that. :surfweb:

A great recap! Great PP pics too, even though the point up and look scared thing is a little... different! LOL Don't believe I've ever had that pose before.

Funny update despite the fact that I can't see your pics! :rotfl2: I can, however, picture your server rolling a keg up to your table. :rotfl2:

I'm so jealous that you got to go on this trip with your good friend! It looks like such a blast - especially the big beers, and shots, and mexican hats... Farrell looks like she was having a good time, regardless of the awful crowds at HS - hope you guys eventually got to ride ToT!

Also, WOW on the TSMM score! I really need to do some research before I go back in September and try to beat that. :surfweb:

We had such a good time, I'm so happy that we got the opportunity to do it. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. :goodvibes

Farrell had a great attitude about everything. It was kind of like "hey, I'm on vacation, I'm not going to let anything get to me".

If you google "Toy Story Mania Easter Eggs", you will find everything you need to know. ;)

A great recap! Great PP pics too, even though the point up and look scared thing is a little... different! LOL Don't believe I've ever had that pose before.

Right? That photo felt so awkward, but we were like "meh...okay".

Funny update despite the fact that I can't see your pics! :rotfl2: I can, however, picture your server rolling a keg up to your table. :rotfl2:

Couldn't you just see that? And you know what? I would be that person that it would happen to. But I wouldn't care. I'd probably make a spectacle of myself saying "yup, that's my beer!"

Great recap! Haha, that's so funny that your favorite foods were actually drinks! :rotfl2: Maybe you should just do "favorite drink of the day" instead!

Those Photopass pics are great! Love the pointing up one, that's so strange! I've seen them make people look scared, but never point up at the sky! Weird! :scared1:

Great recap! Haha, that's so funny that your favorite foods were actually drinks! :rotfl2: Maybe you should just do "favorite drink of the day" instead!

Those Photopass pics are great! Love the pointing up one, that's so strange! I've seen them make people look scared, but never point up at the sky! Weird! :scared1:

Ooohhh, that's a great idea! I should make a favorite drink of the day category! Favorite food AND drink of the day.

I bet you that PP guy was like "these chicks look like they'll do anything..."

Great job summing up the day! I have had days when DHS was my least favorite thing due to the crowds! :scared1:

Great job summing up the day! I have had days when DHS was my least favorite thing due to the crowds! :scared1:

I remember when you talked about that day in your TR! I just find DHS to be oppressive when it's crowded, because there aren't many attractions to keep you busy IMO. At MK and Epcot, there are always things that can keep you entertained.

Day 4 – Tuesday January 3, 2012

Our warm vacation had ended. While the sun was still shining on this morning, the warmth had sadly ended. I was depressed, but the weather was not supposed to last too long. But, this day only had a high of 50 degrees.

I said brr….it’s cold in here…there must be some……

Random Bring it On alert!!!

We had a reservation at 8:40am this morning. We had a date with a bear…a big yellow bear.

We made it out of the hotel at 8:10am. Not as early as I wanted, but I figured we would be okay. Until we got up to the monorail platform.

So on top of it being cold, the monorail was delayed because they were putting on the new monorail for the day. We ended up making it to the Magic Kingdom at 8:40am, which is when our reservation was. I wasn’t worried, but the gates were CROWDED!

So, we get up to the turnstile, and I ask the CM if we should go left or right to get through to our reservation. Here’s how the conversation went:

CM: You’re going to have to wait until the park opens at nine.

Me: Um, no, my reservation says 8:40am.

CM: But the park isn’t open yet, so you’re going to have to wait.

Me: Again, it’s at 8:40am. Why on earth would a reservation be made for 8:40am, if you aren’t going to let me in to get there?

CM: You’re going to have to wait.

Me: You know what, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about, so I’m going somewhere else.

I beelined up to the front, where another CM was waiting right by the tunnel that leads into the park. I told him we had a reservation. He asked me if I had the reservation number. I told him I did, but he let us through without it.

I was disappointed in the CM’s lack of knowledge at the gate. Lady, let me urge you to buy a vowel. Like “O”. For “O, that guest was right!”

Because of this additional delay, we checked in for our reservation at 8:53am, but that’s okay. We got seated right away.

Where were we exactly? The Crystal Palace sillies!

d153f625.jpg

Here is my lone picture of food. Because really, it’s not about the food here. It’s about the characters!

21913313.jpg

Farrell was so stoked about this reservation. It was so cute, she just about died when the characters started coming around.

Can’t you just tell how happy she is?

c2cd821d.jpg

Me…I’m just silly.

e6bb3e39.jpg

It’s so cute that Farrell is smaller than Piglet.

d49b010c.jpg

6309a7b4.jpg

Eeyore was the best though. Eeyore is Farrell’s favorite character, and I’m not kidding, she basically leapt into his arms.

f20451d5.jpg

4544c28e.jpg

And last but not least….Tigger.

447de0d5.jpg

I don’t know if his top is made out of rubber, and his bottom didn’t seem to be made out of springs, but he was cute.

I wasn’t too sure about his hand placement though…

f908395c.jpg

Can’t you tell from my face?

efaab595.jpg

Breakfast was tons of fun, and I’m so glad that I decided to do a character meal for Farrell. I wasn’t sure throughout the planning process, but this was one of our best meals. Farrell was like a little girl waiting to meet the characters, and that was the best part.

I didn’t even let the stupid CM at the gate ruin my morning. LOL.

Up next: Let’s hit the MK.

Clearly that CM must have been new! Who doesn't know that you can get in early if you have an ADR?

There is something about Eeyore that makes him so huggable! All my pictures with other characters is one armed but all my eeyore pics, I've got both arms wrapped around him and I'm all snuggled in, just like Farrell's pic.

Umm, where is the puffed french toast on that plate?????

Whaaaat, I can't believe that first CM didn't let you in. :confused3 Atleast the other one knew what they were doing. The breakfast looked like a lot of fun. I have yet to eat there-hopefully some day! Oh yes, and love the Packer shirt. ;)

Clearly that CM must have been new! Who doesn't know that you can get in early if you have an ADR?

There is something about Eeyore that makes him so huggable! All my pictures with other characters is one armed but all my eeyore pics, I've got both arms wrapped around him and I'm all snuggled in, just like Farrell's pic.

Umm, where is the puffed french toast on that plate?????

She was clearly new, or she didn't work the front gate every day. It was just kind of bizarre.

Eeyore is extremely huggable. He's so cuddly.

Haha, the puffed french toast was on my OTHER plate. That's the only one I got a picture of. :rotfl2:

Whaaaat, I can't believe that first CM didn't let you in. :confused3 Atleast the other one knew what they were doing. The breakfast looked like a lot of fun. I have yet to eat there-hopefully some day! Oh yes, and love the Packer shirt. ;)

You definitely should eat there sometime soon, it was lots of fun. I can't believe in all the times you've gone, you've never eaten there. But I have some of those too.

I love my Packer shirt too. ;)

I typed a reply while at work and don't know why it didn't post.

Someone needs to straighten out that CM...really!!!!

Love the character pictures. I definitely think Tigger "liked" you.

No puffed French toast? Unamerican!

I typed a reply while at work and don't know why it didn't post.

Someone needs to straighten out that CM...really!!!!

Love the character pictures. I definitely think Tigger "liked" you.

No puffed French toast? Unamerican!

Maybe that was it with Tigger. :lmao:

I did have puffed French toast, I swear!!! :rotfl2: I just didn't take photographic evidence...

That's weird that the CM didn't know you can get in early with an ADR! :sad2: Imagine how smoothly Disney would run if ONLY DIS'ers worked there? :rotfl2:

I love Crystal Palace, I skipped it in December and this last trip, so I definitely have to squeeze it in for our November trip!

Aww, I can't believe Farrell is smaller than Piglet! :rotfl2: I'm jealous of your Eeyore pics. You know, because I always get snubbed by Eeyore at CP. :(

Hmmm, I'm not too sure about where Tigger is trying to put his paw either...:rotfl:

That's weird that the CM didn't know you can get in early with an ADR! :sad2: Imagine how smoothly Disney would run if ONLY DIS'ers worked there? :rotfl2:

I love Crystal Palace, I skipped it in December and this last trip, so I definitely have to squeeze it in for our November trip!

Aww, I can't believe Farrell is smaller than Piglet! :rotfl2: I'm jealous of your Eeyore pics. You know, because I always get snubbed by Eeyore at CP. :(

Hmmm, I'm not too sure about where Tigger is trying to put his paw either...:rotfl:

I always tell myself that WDW would be even better than it is today if I ran it. :lmao: No, really, it would be. ;)

I wish I was smaller than Piglet, but I've always been an amazon, so that's never going to happen. :rotfl2:

Imagine my face when I saw the Tigger picture. I was like :eek:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter