I said Ohana, not Obama!!!! - A BFF's do NYE TR **UPDATE 11/4 Pg. 38**

Hello! I have just joined! I know i started reading a little late but i am all caught up on your TR now:)

Whenever I go on the great movie ride i always get the gangster side too! I have never seen the cowboy side and it bothers me!!!!!!!:headache:

Anyway... I cant wait to hear more about your trip!

:welcome:

Thanks for joining! Glad that you're here.

I actually heard that at the GMR, you can ask them for the cowboy scene, and they'll make sure to put you in the car that will have it. Something to try.

:welcome:

Thanks for joining! Glad that you're here.

I actually heard that at the GMR, you can ask them for the cowboy scene, and they'll make sure to put you in the car that will have it. Something to try.

That is good to know that you can ask. I will have to do that when i go back in August:cool1: Can`t wait for your next update!:goodvibes

All caught up and even subbed to your PTR. :thumbsup2

Wow, can't believe that the park was that crowded?! ToT FPs gone? What? That's just cray cray.

At least you got to do a few things before you left.

What, no cupcakes from Starring Rolls? :confused3

That is good to know that you can ask. I will have to do that when i go back in August:cool1: Can`t wait for your next update!:goodvibes

Hopefully I'll be updating this weekend on all my TR's. :thumbsup2

All caught up and even subbed to your PTR. :thumbsup2

Wow, can't believe that the park was that crowded?! ToT FPs gone? What? That's just cray cray.

At least you got to do a few things before you left.

What, no cupcakes from Starring Rolls? :confused3

Completely cray cray! Sorry, I just love that word (words?). Hahaha.

I know, no cupcakes. It completely slipped my mind. I blame it on the fact that I was so disoriented from all of the people at the park.

I'm glad you got to ride TSM without a bad wait time! Sounds awesome. Hahaha I think accuracy has a LITTLE something to do with the score, but not really. It would be funny if the person with the higher score also had the better accuracy. :laughing:

I'm glad you got to ride TSM without a bad wait time! Sounds awesome. Hahaha I think accuracy has a LITTLE something to do with the score, but not really. It would be funny if the person with the higher score also had the better accuracy. :laughing:

Pfffssssh, accuracy just waits time. All that thinking about where you're shooting things. Too much effort. :laughing:

I can't believe the park was that crowded! :scared1: But's it's nice to think y'all have another day!

And LOVE your humor about the GMR!! :rotfl: Maybe he was a little hungover??

Can't wait to see what y'all did the rest of the day!

Day 3 - Monday January 2, 2012

We last left off (about 1/2 century ago it feels like), leaving DHS a little dejected after having a tough time with the crowd levels that day.

This rolled off our back. We had a great dinner reservation scheduled and decided to head back to the hotel to relax and snooze a bit before dinner.

I know that a lot of people will say that there's no sleep in Disney. I used to think that.....and then apparently I became an old fogey that needs regular naps. :faint:

Our time at the hotel was SUPER EXCITING! Wait for it........

Farrell snoozed.

I wrote in my trip journal.

WOOOO HOOOOO!! We are cray cray folks!

After our super exciting time at the hotel, it was time for us to head out to dinner. We left at about 5pm for our destination of the evening. Curious? I'll give you a tiny hint...

237b1c08.jpg

This was not the location of our reservation, but it was in the general vicinity.

We had some time to kill before our reservation, and there is basically one reason why I would be heading to the Mexico pavilion.

And it's not the Gran Fiesta Tour.

Sing it with me.....

The DDDDIIIIITTTTTCCCCHHHHHH!!!!

efe1c931.jpg

Farrell is insane. Let me just get it out there. Because girlfriend does not like margaritas. Say what?! :listen:

She did get a shot of tequila. I on the other hand, got a pineapple margarita. However, I was super depressed. See, I had my heart set on the hibiscus margarita. It was a beautiful, sweet, yummy treat that I had in July and in November. And it was GONE! Off the menu, never to be seen again. I did cry into my hands. Why do you do this to me? The pineapple one was good though, in case anyone was wondering.

After securing our goods (and Farrell completing her shot), we headed into WS to meander towards our final destination.

We stopped in Norway. Hoping to ride the Maelstrom, but the wait time was 50 minutes.

I did not want to find the spirit of Norway that badly. I wish I could have made the line disappear, disappear!

We did stop in to get a good sniffing of Laila though (who doesn't love that...it actually reminds me that I need some more), and Farrell was groped by a troll.

0873ac8b.jpg

We headed into China, where we were so distracted by the pretty and sparkly things in the store.

116e956b.jpg

Everything was so pretty. I think it's absolutely my favorite store to shop in when visiting WS. So much to buy. So reasonably priced. What's not to like?

The temperature had started to drop at this point. This was not a good sign. The weather had been so good up to that point. We high tailed it over to our destination.

61c5847f.jpg

If you read my February 2011 TR, you know this can only mean one thing.

f18ada89.jpg

We were in the land of beer. We checked in a little early, but they actually got us in right away.

Farrell really loved the atmosphere of the restaurant.

7460eabb.jpg

It's definitely one of my favorites too.

a5c25222.jpg

Our server came out at took our drink orders from us.

Me: I would like the largest, darkest beer that you have.

Server: Well, I might have a hard time rolling out the barrel, but would you be satisfied with a liter?

Oh what a lush I look like.

We went up and did our first buffet pass.

f43dd02a.jpg

And our giant beers had arrived. Joy!!!!

7183591a.jpg

This is what fun looks like!

dc12f542.jpg

631f91bd.jpg

In that instant, Farrell told me that this was her favorite of the day. I couldn't agree more. We had such fun at dinner. The food was great, the ambience was fun as always. Our table mates were cracking up at us the whole time, because we were being immensely silly.

They even offered to take a picture of us because we were so silly.

1e677fd8.jpg

After a great meal and a really fun night, we were completely spent. Spent because of the quantity of food we consumed, and spent because of the quantity of beer we consumed. So what do you do?

You head back into Mexico and take tons of bad pictures!

Um, whoops Farrell, sorry blocked your face.

25df62b7.jpg

D'oh! Still too dark.

54a307ad.jpg

That's marginally better....

5854153c.jpg

Goobers.

Then you proceed to take more shots of tequila (remember kids. The lesson you will learn at the end of this update is that liquor before beer, you're in the clear....beer before liquor, never sicker....).

7e554d4e.jpg

Then Farrell figured that she was suddenly musically inclined.

f55b9d1d.jpg

f50b5c7e.jpg

And at this point, we figured we would stumble toward the front of the park and back to our resort.

2d5d4d2c.jpg

Bye bye Epcot. We love you....but we have an early breakfast reservation tomorrow!

We made it back to the hotel in no time.

Remember the lesson I told you about beer before liquor never sicker? Right...there should also be a lesson called:

Beer and food before a pill will make you ill.

So, back in the hotel room and I'm taking my vitamins for the day (because I forgot).

WELL........

If you've eaten a lot of food and drank a lot of beer, don't try to swallow like five giant vitamins at the same time. Because it will cause bad things to happen. Bad bad things.

I'll just leave it at that. :rolleyes1

Up Next: Winnie the Pooh.....Winnie the Pooh.....fuzzy little tubby...

Boy. This day was weird. First, the girls really didn't include me in much during the day. I guess they were too busy being BFF's or something. Pfftt. Whatever. I woke up all warm and toasty.

1d59de16.jpg

And we headed to DHS. Now, Danielle may tell you that she scored a lot of points. Um, she lies. She didn't, I did!!!

b84bd305.jpg

See. I have photographic evidence that it was me.

And that's all I was allowed to do at DHS. There was nothing else for me to do but hang around on Danielle's purse all day.

See!

d2fee4ab.jpg

Boo.

However, for dinner, they did bring me out for some fun.

I was so excited for this. I remembered having fun there before!

04c7c632.jpg

I got beer.

32a2cb6d.jpg

I drank beer.

1aae64a6.jpg

I don't remember anything else that happened that night. :rolleyes1

954d9ea4.jpg

I can't believe the park was that crowded! :scared1: But's it's nice to think y'all have another day!

And LOVE your humor about the GMR!! :rotfl: Maybe he was a little hungover??

Can't wait to see what y'all did the rest of the day!

It was a little overwhelming, but we did what we could to make the best of it for sure.

Maybe our GMR driver was a little hung over. I didn't consider that option.

Sure ... blame it on the vitamins and not your tequila and beer. :rotfl2::lmao::sick:

Your yeti is cracking me up !!

I have wondered about the Biergarten. I know that DH would love it, but I am pretty sure the kids won't.

Wow those beers were HUGE!!! The server's comment about rolling out the barrel was too funny! :rotfl:

Oh. Yes. Vitamins. That's the culprit. Not tequila and beer and then MORE tequila. :rolleyes1:laughing:

Sure ... blame it on the vitamins and not your tequila and beer. :rotfl2::lmao::sick:

Your yeti is cracking me up !!

I have wondered about the Biergarten. I know that DH would love it, but I am pretty sure the kids won't.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rolleyes1

I love the Biergarten. If the kiddos are picky, I don't necessarily recommend it, but they do have a kids section with mac and cheese, nuggets, and the like.

Wow those beers were HUGE!!! The server's comment about rolling out the barrel was too funny! :rotfl:

Oh. Yes. Vitamins. That's the culprit. Not tequila and beer and then MORE tequila. :rolleyes1:laughing:

Upon thinking about it, the barrel would not have been a good idea for sure. :lmao:

Vitamins......yes. ;)

Aww... it's okay that you're an 'old fogey' now. :laughing: At least you still enjoy Disney!

"I did not want to find the spirit of Norway that badly." :lmao: I don't blame you there... even though Maelstrom is clearly the most awesome ride ever... :laughing:

HOT DANG those are some big drinks. Hahha.
Oh... bad things that happen are no fun. :(

Yeti, I've certainly missed you! I'm sorry you had to look at the inside of a purse all day. :sad2:

Aww... it's okay that you're an 'old fogey' now. :laughing: At least you still enjoy Disney!

"I did not want to find the spirit of Norway that badly." :lmao: I don't blame you there... even though Maelstrom is clearly the most awesome ride ever... :laughing:

HOT DANG those are some big drinks. Hahha.
Oh... bad things that happen are no fun. :(

Yeti, I've certainly missed you! I'm sorry you had to look at the inside of a purse all day. :sad2:

I do enjoy Disney! I just tour differently than I used to. I can't go go go anymore. :faint: :lmao:

You're right, the Maelstrom is the best ride ever. I am so misguided. :rotfl:

I can definitely see how the vitamins could be the final straw! :rotfl: Ugh - I hate being sick at Disney and it happened to me last trip, but I can't blame it on vitamins. It was more like the 5 different types of adult beverages I consumed. :rotfl2:

Farrell doesn't like ritas? The ritas at the Ditch are NOT like regular ritas. I did not know they got rid of the Hibiscus rita. I guess that's one I'll never get to try, but at least I got your endorsement for the pineapple rita. Was it super sweet?

Fun update. Those beer mugs look too heavy to lift. :rotfl2:

Hooray for naps! :rotfl: I need the occasional Disney nap too.
The Biergarten looks like a lot of fun, I can just imagine sharing a table with you two! Those beer are huge!

The Biergarten looks like so much fun but the food selection doesn't really appeal to me. I've always wanted to see the show though. Now those beers would be right up my husbands alley. They are huge. If I drank that I'd be out in the middle of the dance floor putting on my own little show. :rotfl:

Ooof, just looking at those tequilla shots makes me feel sick! I've done waaaay too many in my college days to ever do that again. For some reason, margaritas don't bother me though. Although I'm pretty sure the 'ritas at the stand have grain alcohol in them and not tequilla.....

We've eaten at Beirgarten a few times and you are right. It's soooo much fun! Love the atmosphere and the band is fantastic. And the beers!! But the food? Blech!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter