I Put a Spell on You...And Now We Are Going to Disney Again! A Oct. 2015 PTR

A DISCOVERY AND A LITTLE CHANGE IN PLANS

Hello Everyone! Hope you are enjoying the start of your weekend! I know I am, watching Disney movies on abcFamily all day! Last night Dan and I had made a discovery...we had more money in our Disney savings then we thought!

WAHOO!!!

:jumping1:

This means that we can spend a little more time at EPCOT F&W!! :cool1:

This makes me so happy because then we can spend a full day at EPCOT! I was kind of avoiding having a whole day there because A) we really did not have too much extra to spend on the food there. Which made me sad at first because I have been wanting to go to F&W since I read about it a while back. And B) I did not want to be tempted into spending what we did not have just because I was surrounded by awesome food all day long.

So here is what we had settled on...

TUESDAY OCTOBER 6th will now be a FULL DAY at Epcot!

We will get there at opening and get on Soarin'. Since we had to scramble to get some FP+, we were able to get what we would fit best for the day. But we can probably get on a good chunk in the AM. Then we will leisurely walk around World Showcase to find some good eats!! We will go to our FP+...

2:20PM - 3:20PM Spaceship Earth

4:30PM - 5:30PM Character Spot

6:45PM - 7:45PM Test Track

Then end the night with IllumiNations.

This week we got some Mickey Mail!

See ya real soon!

Last edited:
Hello fellow DIS'ers!

I am back from my short little get-away to WDW where I went with my mom for her birthday weekend. We had a great little trip and I was so sad to leave. The only thing keeping me from my post-Disney depression is the fact that I will be heading back in 9 short days with my husband Dan!

While there (September 17 - 20), we enjoyed 3 of 4 parks, a BOG dinner, and a last minute decision to go to MNSSHP! I was not planning on going to MNSSHP but my cousins were there and they wanted to buy my mom tickets for the event for her birthday. They also bought mine, so that was very nice of them. I thought I would share some of my observations of MNSSHP with all of you who are reading along and going to be joining in on the festivities during your trips. It also gave me some insight so that I could come up with a Plan of Attack for when Dan and I go!
1) My cousin dragged my little cousins all around HS during the day and then went straight to the party at MK. They were crabby, not listening, and down right nasty. I do not advise, if you have young children, to do this. I would suggest a relaxing resort day to swim, nap, and have dinner before heading to MK.

2) I know that it was on a Friday night, and it was the second party night of the year, but the park was CROWDED! It was like a normal park day. I am glad we chose a Thursday night for mine and Dan's trip because it may be a little less crazy. A lot of people are really excited for the new "Hocus Pocus Villians Spectacular" show so I have a feeling that it will be busy at these parties a lot this year. MK allows party guests to get in starting at 4PM. Then you can get your wrist bands and relax a little before the festivities begin. Disney does not advertise this, but a lot of people take advantage of it.

3) Dress up! It is super fun! CM's comment on your attire, others comment on your attire, and it is fun to see what everyone has come up with to be for Halloween!

4) There is a lot to do on a party night, Dan and I had actually figured this out at MVMCP. While MVMCP treat stations all have the same treat of cookie and hot chocolate, the treat stations at MNSSHP have candy to Trick-or-Treat at. The lines become really long so I would advise to save that until the end of the night, do just a few before other party fun, or skip entirely. Candy can be bought by the bag at a supermarket for $2-$3, but a MNSSHP ticket is much, much, more.

5) My cousins were able to get a BOG dinner ressie for 6:40PM on the night of the party. They decided that they did not want to pass it up. We joined them for this dinner because my mom wanted to eat at BOG and I did not mind so much, but it took up a HUGE chunk of time. It wasn't too big of a deal for me because I know I will be going to another party, but if it is a first and only time going to MNSSHP, I would advise against it. We were not seated until 7PM and we did not leave until 8:30PM. Getting a hard to get dinner ressie at BOG just doesn't seem to be worth it to me compared to doing party festivities.

As I had mentioned before, I have come up with a plan for our party night and will let you know in my TR if it was successful or not. So we have 9 days until we depart, we haven't changed anything around anymore. We will keep everything the way that it is. We are super excited!

Sorry for the wordy post!

See ya real soon!!! :D

I almost forgot! Our DVC contract that we are buying resale passed Right of First Refusal!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! We are just waiting on closing documents, we will sign them, finish our payment and by our close date we should be almost ready to go!!!

Remember that time when I said that I wouldn't be changing any plans since we are super close to our trip? LOL! Well.....I just added something else. I know, I know...I am 6 days away and I go and add another ADR! I just really wanted to have a character meal this trip. I have added a ressie at "Tusker House" in Animal Kingdom for 10:40am on Sunday, that is our AK day. I was looking for a Chef Mickey's ADR, but nothing was available until the last day we were there, which we always have breakfast at "Trails End" buffet at Fort Wilderness on departure day. We fill the hump and take another stroll through MK before we have to be back at the resort to board the "Tragical Depressed" (Which is the Magical Express when you are heading back to the airport). On Sunday I also changed our FOTLK FP+ to 2:30.

See ya real soon! :mickeyjum

Love the little TR! It seemed short but I guess it was just prep for the real trip coming up!
Congrats on moving ahead with the DVC!! So exciting! Soon you will be able to call WDW your second "home" :)

I love Tusker House! You will have a great time! I am trying to see if we can squeeze it in sometime during our trip next, but we rarely spend enough time at AK. All my ADRs are made and I feel like I don't have room for anymore even though I want to eat at more places than I have room for. I know, what a problem to have. LOL.

Love the little TR! It seemed short but I guess it was just prep for the real trip coming up!

Thank you! I know it was kind of short. It was my first PTR and I started it a little late and I felt like not many people were reading, I am kind of new to the DIS so I am still building "credibility" lol! I am hoping through my TR I will gain a following. I would love to start a travel blog like you since I will be going more often. I just love being able to share Disney love with awesome people who never get sick of hearing about it! I feel like my friends, co-workers and some family get tired of me talking Disney all the time. I may try to do some Vlogs, live from WDW this trip. I will see how it goes.

I love Tusker House!

I hear lots of good things about Tusker House! I was so excited that I was able to get a last minute ressie, and on our AK day! I just felt like I needed a character meal in my life! lol! And I love Donald, so I am super excited that he "hosts" the meal!

Thank you! I know it was kind of short. It was my first PTR and I started it a little late and I felt like not many people were reading, I am kind of new to the DIS so I am still building "credibility" lol! I am hoping through my TR I will gain a following. I would love to start a travel blog like you since I will be going more often. I just love being able to share Disney love with awesome people who never get sick of hearing about it! I feel like my friends, co-workers and some family get tired of me talking Disney all the time. I may try to do some Vlogs, live from WDW this trip. I will see how it goes.

LOL I meant that your trip was short. Your TR was perfect! I'm sure you're saving all your major writing for your real TR when you get back :)

I hear lots of good things about Tusker House! I was so excited that I was able to get a last minute ressie, and on our AK day! I just felt like I needed a character meal in my life! lol! And I love Donald, so I am super excited that he "hosts" the meal!

You'll have a great time! You get to take a picture with him before the meal too. Do you have memory maker? I'm not sure if those pictures are included though. I forget sometimes...
They used to bring around the picture in a folder and you can purchase it. I bought one a few years ago, but I think now they are all included in Memory Maker.

I agree with all of your MNSSHP tips and I would add another, if you don't mind. If you are going kid-less or have kids that can swing late nights, I would suggest going to the second parade instead of the first. To us, it seemed a little less crowded. Can't wait to red about your October trip!

I agree with all of your MNSSHP tips and I would add another, if you don't mind. If you are going kid-less or have kids that can swing late nights, I would suggest going to the second parade instead of the first. To us, it seemed a little less crowded

Definitely! We went to the second parade as well. People start sitting down for the early parade around 6PM! We did that for the MVMCP parade last year because it was already filling up!

Is this real life? Could it be? The day is finally coming! WE LEAVE TOMORROW MORNING!!!

I know I will not be able to sleep tonight in anticipation. I finished packing last night with just a few more things to add, the make up and hair products I will be using in the morning. I would like to thank all of you awesome Disney fanatics for taking time to read my PTR! I cannot wait until I get back and start writing my TR! It will help with post-Disney depression...which is totally real, it has to be, I am going to ask a doctor about it. I am sure they will agree with me. :rotfl2:

Thanks again, and I'll See ya real soon!! :mickeyjum

Hi! Just read your PTR! Hope you are enjoying your magical day at DHS! HUMONGOUS congrats on your DVC purchase!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read your TR when you get back!

Hi! Just read your PTR! Hope you are enjoying your magical day at DHS! HUMONGOUS congrats on your DVC purchase!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read your TR when you get back!

Thank you for reading! I am finally getting on with my TR! I have been following along on yours as well! We may be planning a trip to DL so I will know who to go to for my questions! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter