I Put a Spell on You...And Now We Are Going to Disney Again! A Oct. 2015 PTR

Ah yes Hot Topic is the place for Disney shirts, I also found thr cutiest Stitch skater dress for 12yr old. Dhe loves Stitch and was very happy., plus Ariel shirts for my 9yr old.

Good day everyone! Hope everyone has enjoyed the first official week of summer! :sunny:
We are 84 days away from our trip! :dancer:
That means that we are 39 days away from making our FastPass+ reservations! Boy oh boy, I keep reading more and more trip reports, watching more and more blogs, and purchasing more and more fun stuff for my trips and I just wish we were there right now!

We have an update about my bro-in-law and sis-in-law, they will not be able to come with us this trip. My sis-in-law is a teacher and she doesn't think she is going to be able to get off for a whole week, especially since she is trying to get a permanent teaching position instead of just a temporary one. So we will have to plan a spring break trip or a summer trip soon. YIKES! Maybe we can take them for winter break instead.

Another development in the LoVullo house (thats DH and myself! :D), we are looking to buy into DVC!!!!! :jumping1:
We have found that resale is going to be the way to go for us, because the "benefits" of buying direct do not compare to the money we will be saving by buying resale. Plus, we can get ALOT more points for half the price. We just have to wait for the right contract for us to come through and we will be moving in on it, hopefully after the first of the year! We are looking to purchase 180-200 points at either VWL or AKV. We love the theming at both resorts and are sure that either of those we can call "home"! :thumbsup2

And now back to your regularly scheduled PTR!!!

DAYYYYYYY THREEEEE!!!! This will be Monday, October, 5th.
We will start of the day with a breakfast reservation at a place that I am super duper excited to be trying, and that is...

I have seen so many pictures and read so many good things about the Tonga Toast so I absolutely cannot wait to finally try it! I mean, who wouldn't love French Toast that tastes like a Churro?

After breakfast, we thought we would explore some more resorts. During Christmas time last year we went to a couple resorts to explore and see Christmas decorations, so we would like to finish up and see some more. We may go back to AoA in the afternoon for a swim, then have dinner at the resort. After we are going to ride more rides at HS and see Fantasmic! I love this show! I haven't taken any pictures during this show before, but I am getting a new camera soon so I am hoping to get some awesome pictures on these trips.

I do not know if anyone had found my other PTR. I started another one but it never really took off. I am actually going in September, a couple weeks before this week in October, as a Birthday surprise to my mom. She was super excited to be going when I told her. I had booked everything and then decided just a week ago to present her with her first birthday present! We are going for a short little Mother/Daughter get-away for her birthday weekend. The lucky mama will be spending her birthday in the MK! I am excited to take her, as she hasn't been to WDW since 2009. There is a lot more I have seen and done since then and cannot wait to share with her the "Whole New World" that I have discovered!

That is it for now, until next time...Have a Magical Day!
:mickeyjum

Hi Dawn! Followed you here from my TR! Your trip sounds amazing! You and your DH are really cute! I love the AoA! You'll have to check out the Nemo pool and listen to the music they pipe underwater, it's pretty surreal.

October is a fantastic time to go. I usually go in the fall when prices are low as well as the crowds. Just an FYI, I think you will be there for Dapper Day at MK. You can google it but I think it's Oct 6th. You get dolled up and wear really cute glamorous and vintage-looking outfits. A DIS friend of mine will be there, and I really wanted to go but unfortunately can't make it. SAD.

And you'll also be there for F and W at Epcot! So jealous!

BTW, your hot topic tanks are adorable. I will have to look at purchasing some for myself! LOL, the older I get the more I want to look like a teen. :rotfl:

Also, they serve Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks at the Poly so just in case you feel like using a QS credit instead of paying OOP. Although breakfast at Kona is ALWAYS a good choice! I haven't been back since 2012. I will make sure to eat at Kona a few times in Feb!

Looking forward to more!

Hi Dawn! Followed you here from my TR!

Thank you for joining in! I am now reading your cruise TR and it is making me want to go on another cruise very soon! It is my first PTR and will be my first TR so if you have any suggestions or tips please let me know! :D

October is a fantastic time to go. I usually go in the fall when prices are low as well as the crowds. Just an FYI, I think you will be there for Dapper Day at MK. You can google it but I think it's Oct 6th. You get dolled up and wear really cute glamorous and vintage-looking outfits. A DIS friend of mine will be there, and I really wanted to go but unfortunately can't make it. SAD.

OH! DAPPER DAY!! I will definitely have to look that up because while reading TRs by a couple people here on the DIS it looks like so much fun to dress up and go all out! I will have to get on looking for an outfit if that is the case! :D

And you'll also be there for F and W at Epcot! So jealous!

I have wanted to be there for F&W for a while now so I am glad to finally be going during that time!

BTW, your hot topic tanks are adorable.

Thank you! I am a bit obsessed. Can't wait to weare them around the parks!
Also, they serve Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks at the Poly so just in case you feel like using a QS credit instead of paying OOP. Although breakfast at Kona is ALWAYS a good choice!

Thank you for this info! I did happen to come across this when I was on Facebook one day in the Disney Food Blog. I am excited to eat a meal at the Poly anywhere though. I love that resort so much and want to stay there some day!

Sorry I have been lacking in the PTR department, I hope to have a post up tonight or tomorrow night. DH (Dan) and I were preparing for a vacation and we just got back from the Outer Banks. It was a blast!

Hello friends! Hope you enjoyed summer. It may be winding down, but I am excited anyway. There are 22 days (17 work days) until I head to Disney with my mom of her birthday weekend trip. That means that there are 38 days (27 work days) until this trip!!! YAY!!! :cool1:

I had fears that I would end up doing what I did and forget all about my updating this PTR, but that is OK, for I will try my hardest to be more diligent when actually doing my TR. It will definitely be more exciting because I will be in the mood to relive the trip as much as possible...you know...to hold me over until I am able to return "home" to the happiest place on earth.

So while I was away...I was a bit distracted with my family vacation to the Outer Banks, NC. It was so relaxing to just sit on the beach, or by the pool, or in the hot tub and enjoy "family" (I use the quotes because outside of my mom and my husband, they are all just friends of our families, but we have been so close for so long that they are all like family to me). Here are some moments from our trip...

OK...enough of the OBX...back to Disney...in the next post!

Where were we...oh yea...DISNEY!!! :dancer:

So instead of doing a post for each day, I am going to lay it all on the line right now. We have ADRs and FastPass+. I will kind of recap and map it all out in one post. I'm sorry if anything has repeated. So here it is! :D

October 3rd - 9th at AoA!
We are leaving Buffalo, NY at 7:55AM arriving in Orland at 10:35
DME to resort

Day 1 - Saturday
Magic Kingdom clllllllll night! there are EMH so the park is open until 1AM!
FP+: 4:50PM-5:50PM Space Mountain, 7:50PM-8:50PM Peter Pan's Flight, 9:50PM-10:50PM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (I made sure they all started after Festival of Fantasy because I have never seen it and will make sure that I do!)

Day 2 - Sunday
Animal Kingdom during the day, Hollywood Studios at night (EMH 7:30PM-9:30PM)
FP+: 9:30AM-9:50AM Festival of the Lion King, 11:25AM-12:25PM Kali River Rapids, 12:45PM-1:45PM Expedition Everest

Day 3 - Monday
ADR: Kona Cafe @ 9:25AM
Probably do some resort exploration and swim in the late morning early afternoon
Hollywood Studios
FP+: 3:10PM-4:10PM Toy Story Midway Mania!, 4:45PM-5:45PM Star Tours, 6:30PM-7:30PM Tower of Terror

FANTASMIC NIGHT!!

Day 4 - Tuesday
Rope drop Magic Kingdom

FP+: 11:15AM-12:15PM Splash Mountain, 12:15PM-1:15PM Big Thunder Mountain, 2:15PM-3:15PM Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
EPCOT for Food & Wine Festival in the early evening
Illuminations night!

Day 5 - Wednesday

Magic Kingdom (in and out all day)
ADR's: 12:20PM Be Our Guest, 7:30PM Whispering Canyon Cafe

CELEBRATE THE MAGIC AND WISHES NIGHT!!!!!!

Day 6 - Thursday (Last full day) :sad:
Hollywood Studios in the AM
FP+: 9:25AM-10:25AM Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, 10:35AM-11:35AM Tower of Terror, 12:35PM-12:50PM Frozen Sing-Along
Magic Kingdom
MICKEY'S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY!!! :D:D:D:D

Day 7 - Friday
Check-out, store luggage with bell service

ADR: 9:25AM @ Trail's End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness for the breakfast buffet! This has become a tradition for us to eat here on our last morning in Disney. We can drown our sorrows in a huge helping of down home cooking. It is Somewhat comforting, until we get to the airport.
:sad:
Magic Kingdom
FP+: 11:00AM-12:00PM Enchanted Tales with Belle, 12:10PM-1:10PM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, 2:10PM-3:10PM Big Thunder Mountain
Our flight leaves at 7:45PM from Orlando to head back to Buffalo...the worst part of the trip is going back to the resort to catch the second DME ride.

And that will be it...boy oh boy I was getting sad just writing "last full day" and "check-out"...also "leaves" AHHH...don't want to think about that now. Enjoy the rest of your summer! Sorry there were not pictures in this update, but the schedule is pretty fun on its own right? :jumping1:

See ya real soon!

Hey Dawn! I've just found your PTR from a message you left me on mine :goodvibes
It's cool that we'll be at Disney at the same time for a few days! Although I'll be hating on you when we're leaving and you're staying there a few more days ;)

It's also cool that we seem to have some of the same plans :goodvibes we also have breakfast at Kona, lunch at BOG, and dinner at Whispering Canyon, as well as doing MNSSHP! AND, we'll also be at the Magic Kingdom EMH on Saturday 3rd! :thumbsup2

Looking at your plans, is there a reason you are not going to EPCOT at all? With it being the Food & Wine Festival, there is so much to do and try there (and if you go during the week - you'll avoid the crowds that show up on the weekend)

That is so exciting that you have 2 trips coming up within a short time of each other. Did you get an annual pass or did you get no expiration park hoppers?
I am toying with annual passes but I am not sure if I can make it back again next year after February. But it would be so fun to be able to go again just for a short weekend trip here and there. It's easier said than done though!

Love the plans! Do you have a dapper day outfit?

AND, we'll also be at the Magic Kingdom EMH on Saturday 3rd

YAY!!! I will keep my eyes open for you and Jamie! I love night time EMH. Something about being in the park after hours that just makes it feel so special!

Looking at your plans, is there a reason you are not going to EPCOT at all?

We actually are going in the PM on Tuesday the 4th! We will hop on some rides, explore F&W and it will be for our "dinner" and night time festivities. :D

That is so exciting that you have 2 trips coming up within a short time of each other. Did you get an annual pass or did you get no expiration park hoppers?
I am toying with annual passes but I am not sure if I can make it back again next year after February. But it would be so fun to be able to go again just for a short weekend trip here and there. It's easier said than done though!

Love the plans! Do you have a dapper day outfit?

I did not get a season pass :( I should have, but at first we booked our October trip, and and the last minute I threw in the Mother/Daughter weekend for my moms birthday present so I did not know if I could cancel my passes with the room package for October and have them give me the season pass and then just get the room only and add on my moms passes. I do have a Dapper Day outfit in case we end up being able to make it over! I will post a picture of it when I get home as my work computer doesn't allow. I like to sneak in a DIS update/read reports at work, even though I shouldn't. Hehe! Can't be stopped when it comes to Disney! :D

On a kind of, sort of unrelated note, but Dan and I are very excited about this! I hope mentioning it so early does not jinx the process...but I am just bursting at the seams with excitment and anxiety! :eek::Pinkbounc
........................................Oh! I suppose I should tell you what it is huh? :D

WE PUT IN AN OFFICIAL OFFER FOR A RESALE DVC MEMBERSHIP!!!!!
:jumping1::jumping2::jumping3:

160 Points at the Villias at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! Use year is December. It has 159 pts from 2015 still banked!
Looking for some good vibes!!!!

I did not get a season pass :( I should have, but at first we booked our October trip, and and the last minute I threw in the Mother/Daughter weekend for my moms birthday present so I did not know if I could cancel my passes with the room package for October and have them give me the season pass and then just get the room only and add on my moms passes. I do have a Dapper Day outfit in case we end up being able to make it over! I will post a picture of it when I get home as my work computer doesn't allow. I like to sneak in a DIS update/read reports at work, even though I shouldn't. Hehe! Can't be stopped when it comes to Disney! :D

Ah I see. Yeah I feel like I'm not sure if I should get the AP or not...I'm not the spontaneous sort of trip girl, especially when it comes to disney, I need to plan plan plan. So far no other trips for 2016 so don't think the AP would be a good choice for next year.
Can't wait to see your dapper day outfit!
I too sneak in replies/updates at work. (like right now) hehehe.

On a kind of, sort of unrelated note, but Dan and I are very excited about this! I hope mentioning it so early does not jinx the process...but I am just bursting at the seams with excitment and anxiety! :eek::Pinkbounc
........................................Oh! I suppose I should tell you what it is huh? :D

160 Points at the Villias at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! Use year is December. It has 159 pts from 2015 still banked!

I'm so excited for you!! Fingers crossed you guys will get it!!!
I've always wanted to get DVC too!!

Sending pixie dust!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Well..................Our offer was excepted by the DVC seller! Now the process begins! We have signed the paperwork and are sending it through tomorrow!!! :jumping1:
I really hope that this process goes smoothly!

And as promised...my potential "Dapper Day" dress!!

Now I just have to practice doing my hair in a 50s type style!

Yay!!! So excited for you!! I hope everything goes smoothly!!!

Your dress is super cute!!! Love it and I think it is PERFECT for dapper day! Or even just any day at Disney!

OMG.

I'm soooooo jealous!!!! This is amazing news. CONGRATULATIONS!

DVC contract has been put through to Disney for Right of First Refusal.....now to begin the waiting game. :rolleyes1

Oh my gosh I got so far behind on this report!!

BUT I am all caught up now.

-Your shirts from Hot Topic are so cute! I have so far managed to not buy any myself, but that cannot be said for other things there like sunglasses and buttons!
-Your pics from the Outer Banks are GORGEOUS
-Hooray for upcoming mother/daughter trip!! Two trips so close together is very exciting!!
-Sending lots of good DVC ROFR vibes your way.

Hello! Joining in your PTR!!! We went October 2014 - I am pretty sure fall is my favorite time to go to the World! We are going back this year, but in late Sept for the first weekend of F&W. I am hoping we start going every year!

You get to go TWICE? How fun!!! And so nice to take your Mom! :-)

I love all those tanks! I did a similar thing (not quite as many, tho :D) last year that I will be recycling!

DVC????? THAT IS AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to hear more about it. I know a handful of people who did what you guys did (I think...I don't really know much about it), so I look forward to seeing what you think.
And that dress is adorable!!!! :love:

:wave2: Hi! I'm super late to your PTR party! I love your Hot Topic swag! Hot Topic seems to steal all my money too...:rolleyes1

How exciting about DVC!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Love your Dapper Day dress so cute!

Wow your first trip is SO close now!!
:hyper:

Hello! Joining in your PTR!!! We went October 2014 - I am pretty sure fall is my favorite time to go to the World! We are going back this year, but in late Sept for the first weekend of F&W. I am hoping we start going every year!

:welcome: Thank you for joining in! I love fall! it is my favorite time of year at home with all the leaves changing and cooler weather. I am so excited to experience WDW during the fall. I have seen tons and tons of pictures over the years of Disney in the fall and I am sure I will fall in love with it too! Also, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!

Hi! I'm super late to your PTR party!

:welcome: ...to the party!! I have been reading your reports recently too! Sorry I have not finished to comment yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter