• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need to vent before I explode...

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
The adr availability plain out stinks this go around. I have been to Disney for over 28 years in a row, and this trip is the worst yet. I understand that I booked last minute, and during free dining, but I went over Thanksgiving last year, had free dining, and was able to edit my ADRs up until our check in date.
I have been checking multiple times a day by the way on top of paying DDB to watch. This is a headache! Never again will I book a trip during free dining if this is what I have to deal with. I would rather go during the summer and sweat to death. At least I can escape the heat in a decent restaurant and eat a decent meal at a decent time. :crazy2:

With more people learning Disney planning tips via social media, etc, I forsee the problem only getting worse. As more people learn the ropes, there will be more hoarding of ADRs happening. I'd say we can expect a change in the ADR system in the next few years. Maybe something like only being able to book 3ADRs per day or something. That would drastically cut down on the hoarding.

Yea i went last year and didnt get free ding since we booked last minute and we were able to get bog and crt with no problems but i actually got free dining this year Nd its been a huge headache to get what i want and i had to pay ddb for our bog reservation this time around

With more people learning Disney planning tips via social media, etc, I forsee the problem only getting worse. As more people learn the ropes, there will be more hoarding of ADRs happening. I'd say we can expect a change in the ADR system in the next few years. Maybe something like only being able to book 3ADRs per day or something. That would drastically cut down on the hoarding.
I hope Disney does figure out a way to fix this. I would love it if they would limit how many times you could book an adr to the same restaurant. That would probably help stop all of the hoarding. I imagine that people are paying for the cancelation fees just so they can secure multiple times.

I hope Disney does figure out a way to fix this. I would love it if they would limit how many times you could book an adr to the same restaurant. That would probably help stop all of the hoarding. I imagine that people are paying for the cancelation fees just so they can secure multiple times.

All one needs is a multiple emails and credit cards to book multiple ADRs so I don't think limiting it per day or or per restaurant would stop it. I would venture most the holding is released anyway after folks can finally book their FP+ at 60 days and know where they will be. And if you cancel the night before there is no cancellation fees, so virtually no cost to holding multiple reservations until the night before. It may be they have to back the cancellation time up.

Increased attendance is causing increased demand. At the moment I think they are trying to keep up with demand by adding meals like breakfast at BOG, Garden Grill and Sci-Fi, because it can be done easily and quickly. MK is adding the new Jungle Cruise restaurant and AK just added the new African QS area. Disney Springs is still adding new eats. If they don't meet demand they will find less folks purchase the DDP and they don't want that because the DDP keeps you on property spending money.

All one needs is a multiple emails and credit cards to book multiple ADRs so I don't think limiting it per day or or per restaurant would stop it. I would venture most the holding is released anyway after folks can finally book their FP+ at 60 days and know where they will be. And if you cancel the night before there is no cancellation fees, so virtually no cost to holding multiple reservations until the night before. It may be they have to back the cancellation time up.

Increased attendance is causing increased demand. At the moment I think they are trying to keep up with demand by adding meals like breakfast at BOG, Garden Grill and Sci-Fi, because it can be done easily and quickly. MK is adding the new Jungle Cruise restaurant and AK just added the new African QS area. Disney Springs is still adding new eats. If they don't meet demand they will find less folks purchase the DDP and they don't want that because the DDP keeps you on property spending money.
I think along with adding restaurants, they should improve some of the ones they already have as well. I don't think I will ever purchase the DDP again. I prefer appetizers as meals, I usually don't eat enough TS credits for the amount of nights I am staying, and I never order dessert. So they have already lost me on that.

If I cannot find the ADRs I am really wanting, I will definitely be eating off site.

I think along with adding restaurants, they should improve some of the ones they already have as well. I don't think I will ever purchase the DDP again. I prefer appetizers as meals, I usually don't eat enough TS credits for the amount of nights I am staying, and I never order dessert. So they have already lost me on that.

If I cannot find the ADRs I am really wanting, I will definitely be eating off site.

I got the DDP for about 6 years and have not the last few. When we started to get it, it included appetizers and tips. We also prefer appetizers and maybe share one dessert and don't drink soft drinks. QS I would never get a dessert and usually no soft drinks. If you compare what you would normally eat to the DDP, I truly was losing money.

Fortunately I have TiW so I can get discounts on EVERYTHING I eat at a TS and even some QS. We always eat breakfast in room, I don't mind packing sandwiches - actually prefer to WDW QS prices and eat out dinner however it works out - on or off.

I got the DDP for about 6 years and have not the last few. When we started to get it, it included appetizers and tips. We also prefer appetizers and maybe share one dessert and don't drink soft drinks. QS I would never get a dessert and usually no soft drinks. If you compare what you would normally eat to the DDP, I truly was losing money.

Fortunately I have TiW so I can get discounts on EVERYTHING I eat at a TS and even some QS. We always eat breakfast in room, I don't mind packing sandwiches - actually prefer to WDW QS prices and eat out dinner however it works out - on or off.
That sounds very similar to our family.

I get people are trying to get their plans down to the minute but just looking at the cancellation threads is nuts. I've never seen so many duplicate ADR's all within an hour of each other being released. Do people really need a BOG lunch ressie at 10:45, 11:45, 12:45 and 1:45?

I get people are trying to get their plans down to the minute but just looking at the cancellation threads is nuts. I've never seen so many duplicate ADR's all within an hour of each other being released. Do people really need a BOG lunch ressie at 10:45, 11:45, 12:45 and 1:45?
Yes! Exactly.

I have been stalking the cancelation thread for Oct, and nobody is even canceling the adr I am in search of. I am about to give up.

I am tempted to try something new since I am having zero luck. Morimoto Asia will be open. Hmm....I love Iron Chef. This could become my new favorite meal!

I can breathe! Got my elusive adr thanks to the DIS! Whew...my trip wouldn't have been complete.

I think what is also getting bad are the ADR booking services. They are not helping this situation. Now these services book a ton of ADRs and then for a "small fee" will switch the reservation into your name. It is making things so much worse. We use to have no problem getting everything we wanted since we are adults only and eat late but this trip even at about 90 days out we had a rough time getting late dinning reservations and still no Ohana for the entire time. Kind of sucks to be paying for the Poly and not even being able to eat there. Barely got a Kona reservation as it was only available early morning or during lunch for our trip.

I think what is also getting bad are the ADR booking services. They are not helping this situation. Now these services book a ton of ADRs and then for a "small fee" will switch the reservation into your name. It is making things so much worse. We use to have no problem getting everything we wanted since we are adults only and eat late but this trip even at about 90 days out we had a rough time getting late dinning reservations and still no Ohana for the entire time. Kind of sucks to be paying for the Poly and not even being able to eat there. Barely got a Kona reservation as it was only available early morning or during lunch for our trip.

Disney needs to find a way to deal with this - perhaps not permitting name changes on ADRs and scanning Magic Bands to make sure the reservation matches the guest that shows up. Maybe they need to allow only one reservation for each restautrant per day so someone can't book 4 BOGs at different times. ADR booking services should not be profiting on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter