I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

I like all three costumes, but I think I like Rey the best......and sadly I've never seen a single Star Wars movie and don't know who Rey is! :confused3

I shouldn't have given myself so many choices!

P.S If you ever do watch Star Wars stick to the original trilogy and the Force Awakens - the prequels are god awful!

As for your disneybound outfits, omg we could be best friends!!! They are awesome!! Love them all!

Thank you!

A promise is a promise.

Indeed.

Stupid rulz.

Yep. Stupid rules indeed.

Although the Snow White outfit probably would have taken up half my suitcase so it's probably a good thing they banned them...

Makes perfect sense.
One can never have enough costumes.

They will be super useful for the 0 costume parties I attend each year.....

So..... you should have bought nine?

Don't tempt me - I have limited self control and could easily buy 9....

Wow!
First off.... Soooo pretty.
Second off... love it!
Third off.... soooo pretty!

Naww thank you!

Hmmm.... hmmmm.... you make a valid point. I know of at least one other couple where the woman is dressing as Rey... and I saw that one by accident (clicked on a thread that looked interesting and there was the comment.)
So if two DISers have picked Rey... and who knows how many others out there have done the same?

I also forgot to point out that it's probably the least comfortable of the three given it has weird drapey things and foam bracelets and belts....

My German heritage approves.

Wundebar.

Do we therefore infer, since you also chopped off your legs, that your legs are hairy too?

Well it is winter in Canberra.....

Again... good point.

I'm full of good points today!

Love this one too!
Dang. You're making this hard.

OMG. Just realized what I wrote. And I'm leaving it in there.
But you're making picking a costume... difficult.

:laughing:

I'll share an anecdote.
When we took the DDs to MNSSHP, DD12 dressed as Scarlett from Gone With the Wind. She had so many people come up to her and tell her how much they love that movie or loved her costume.

If you want to blend in, go with Rey. If you want to be left more alone, go with Biergarten. If you want attention (not that you wouldn't not necessarily get it wearing any of the three) wear Rizzo.
While I think I like the Rey one the best (although I'd pick the Biergarten one if it was more like this:)
410FhMntp6L.jpg

My pick is for Rizzo.

Noted.

Cute outfits!

Thanks!

I really like the Dole Whip one. Heck, I'd wear that if I'd known about it earlier.

I can't decide if the Dole Whip or the Yzma one is my favourite.

Who am I kidding? I love them all!!!!

dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!!!

Here's a preview - attempt one went well - other than realising that Rock'n'Roller Coaster is probably down for my whole trip...I thought BTMRR being down was bad but this may be worse given that there are so few attractions left in DHS!

Although the Snow White outfit probably would have taken up half my suitcase so it's probably a good thing they banned them...

Need a bigger suitcase

They will be super useful for the 0 costume parties I attend each year.....

See? Totally worth it.

Don't tempt me - I have limited self control and could easily buy 9....

Can I pick them?

Naww thank you!

Yes. You're welcome.

I also forgot to point out that it's probably the least comfortable of the three given it has weird drapey things and foam bracelets and belts....

Ah. consider you're going to be in it for hours.

Wundebar.

Well it is winter in Canberra.....

Then it makes perfect sense to have a little insulation.

I can't decide if the Dole Whip or the Yzma one is my favourite.

Who am I kidding? I love them all!!!!

:lmao:

Here's a preview - attempt one went well - other than realising that Rock'n'Roller Coaster is probably down for my whole trip...

It is?!?!? Man! How many times in a row can you ride TOT?
And, where did you see that RNR was going to be down? I didn't see anything on that on WDWinfo/rehabs.

I thought BTMRR being down was bad but this may be worse given that there are so few attractions left in DHS!

:sad2:

Wow, those are all great costumes. I myself would go with Rizzo, because I love that movie! Of course, I'd love to be Frenchy and go with you. Sigh.

That would be awesome. And if we got @pkondz to dress as Teen Angel we could recreate the Beauty School Dropout dream sequence and I would be in Grease nerd heaven!

And I love the Yzma button the best of all! And the Evil Queen is awesome too.
And Disney bounding too? Fabulous!

Thanks!

Need a bigger suitcase

I am allowed 90kgs on my flight back to Australia...

Can I pick them?

I don't know whether I'd be scared or excited by that prospect.

Then it makes perfect sense to have a little insulation.

Spring does start tomorrow so I'll probably have to think about losing that insulation soon - it's easy to hide under stockings but with spring/summer dresses - not so much :cutie:

It is?!?!? Man! How many times in a row can you ride TOT?
And, where did you see that RNR was going to be down? I didn't see anything on that on WDWinfo/rehabs.

I wasn't actually going to get a FP for it because of the single rider but noticed it when booking my other DHS ones.

It hasn't been officially announced - still a rumour on here and on Touring Plans (which I know you know have joined - well done!). But no one has been able to book FP after October 29 I think so everyone is assuming it must be a refurb.

That would be awesome. And if we got @pkondz to dress as Teen Angel we could recreate the Beauty School Dropout dream sequence and I would be in Grease nerd heaven!

I'd do it, too.

I am allowed 90kgs on my flight back to Australia...

So you're buying your costumes while in the US.
Gotcha.

I don't know whether I'd be scared or excited by that prospect.

Both

Spring does start tomorrow so I'll probably have to think about losing that insulation soon - it's easy to hide under stockings but with spring/summer dresses - not so much :cutie:

mmmmm..... summer dresses.....
Sorry... zoned out there for a bit.

And now it is sort of official @pkondz. Most of the comments are far more annoyed than I am but I'm still not happy!

Yeah, I saw that today too.
Wow. That just.... sucks.
Who decided to take down two of the best rides at the same time??

I'd do it, too.

I think you'd rock white satin pants...

So you're buying your costumes while in the US.
Gotcha.

But I actually have scheduled in a day at the outlet malls just before I fly home so that I can fill that suitcase if it's not already full after Disney!

Yeah, I saw that today too.
Wow. That just.... sucks.
Who decided to take down two of the best rides at the same time??

Can I still blame Michael Eisner? :confused3

Those are great costume choices! Don't have an opinion on the first one since I'm not into Star Wars at all, but if it's like you predict and there will be others, I'd stear clear. Personally when I dress up in costume I like it to be somewhat original. The German dress is cute. Rizzo is ful though. If it were me I'd pick Rizzo. But really it should be what you're most comfortable in.

Love your DB outfits. So fun! Ans the pins too.

Can't believe your trip is so close now.

Those are great costume choices! Don't have an opinion on the first one since I'm not into Star Wars at all, but if it's like you predict and there will be others, I'd stear clear. Personally when I dress up in costume I like it to be somewhat original. The German dress is cute. Rizzo is ful though. If it were me I'd pick Rizzo. But really it should be what you're most comfortable in.

It seems like Rizzo is the group consensus so far!

Love your DB outfits. So fun! Ans the pins too.

Thanks!

Can't believe your trip is so close now.

It seems close but yet also so far away still. It's still 27 days of work, which at the moment, given how busy we are, seems like an eternity!

Jokes aside, what might you be looking for?

A few things. Mainly shoes (dressy ones and sneakers) - I have feet on the larger end of ladies sizes and find a much bigger range in the US than I do here.

And there is always room for more dresses in my wardrobe - and buying over there means I end up with unique things that no one else in the office will have!

A few things. Mainly shoes (dressy ones and sneakers) - I have feet on the larger end of ladies sizes and find a much bigger range in the US than I do here.

And there is always room for more dresses in my wardrobe - and buying over there means I end up with unique things that no one else in the office will have!

Ah. So it's less a price thing than it is a size and/or uniqueness thing.

GEEZ!! Just about had a heart attack. After comparing AUD to USD, I figured (although I knew it would be about the same) I'd see what the CDN loonie is up to (down to?). $1.47!!!! What??!?!?? What happened?

oh. I accidentally hit CDN to EUR.

GEEZ!! Just about had a heart attack. After comparing AUD to USD, I figured (although I knew it would be about the same) I'd see what the CDN loonie is up to (down to?). $1.47!!!! What??!?!?? What happened?

oh. I accidentally hit CDN to EUR.

I don't know what the old exchange rate was so I cant tell if $1.47 is a good or bad thing when it comes to Euros. Does it mean a trip to Disneyland Paris is on the cards? :confused3

Not Disney related but I lost my credit card while out on a 14K Father's Day fun run today....thankfully there's enough time to get a new one before the trip but it's going to be a pain in the behind because most of the trip was paid on that card and if they ask to see the same card I wont have it :(.

tumblr_inline_o4ruk3owei1reygjb_500.gif

On the plus side I ran a personal best while feeling terrible so I guess it all balances out karmically?

upload_2016-9-4_12-56-5.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter