I must be crazy! - An October-November 2016 Solo PTR - Update 10/9 2 Weeks to Go - That's a Wrap

Wow, that is one epic adventure! Did I mention yet how jealous I am? I'm sure I must have.

We'll I've been pretty jealous reading through your TR and DR!

We've bought the express pass since we want to see all the houses, but that probably won't be necessary if you go two nights!

It works out at about the same price doing two nights (as add ons) or the express pass but I'm greedy and would rather go twice!

Ok now I'm really excited for this year. I hate wishing summer away ... but I really wish it was fall!

See it's freezing here at the moment (-7 celcius in the mornings and tops of only 10) so I can't wait for fall weather!

Holy smokes, girl, you are on fire!

200.gif

Seriously, when I take all my vacation like that, I will hire you as my trip consultant. Of course, you might also be required to find someone to fund my trip, but I'll keep you in the loop - oh, about 10 years from now. maybe 20...

If the pay wasn't so lousy compared to my current job I'd become a trip consultant in a heartbeat!

And you'll definitely want someone to fund the trip for you - when I add up how much this trip is costing me I almost can't bear to look at the total. I pretty much could have bought a new car or remodelled my kitchen but hey you only turn 30 once right? (or maybe half a dozen times....)

Hmmm? What's this? <clicks link... peruses.>

NO I DID NOT SEE THAT!

Excuse me. Love to chat. But I have a 3,248km drive ahead of me.... bye.

:car:

So I'm assuming you've been driving through the night for the past 24 hours and are pretty much there by now. So what did you think? Delicious?

16 Weeks to Go

Let’s start this week’s update with a big Happy 4th of July to all my American friends on here – I hope you have a lovely day filled with flags and fireworks and all things in-between.

Mickey.jpg

And after that celebration it’s time for another one (on a slightly smaller scale).

It’s time for a double digits dance!!!!

113Pquw.gif

Only 99 days until I begin this mega trip!

And now that you’re all danced out it’s time for an update. This one is trip related although only one small part of it.

That’s right it’s back to running talk.

df8.gif

This weekend I achieved the goal that I had set for myself for my 30th birthday – and a whole six months early too!

yay.gif%7Ec200

I successfully completed my first half marathon this past weekend. I drove up to Sydney from where I live in Canberra (about a 3 hour drive), spent the night in my cousin’s spare bedroom and then was up at the crack of dawn for the race.

giphy-15.gif

I honestly can’t believe that I’m saying this but I was actually excited to run. If you had said that to me nine months ago I would have laughed in your face.

154.gif

But I really was. And then I began. And it was tough. It was hard. And it was fun.

giphy.gif

I ran a PB time (well better than I had ever done in training) and had a blast knocking down the physical and mental walls I was hitting.

Run 2.jpg
(no glamour shots here!)

Run 1.jpg

How is this trip related you ask? Well if you remember I will be running the Avengers Half Marathon in Disneyland in November.

So now I know not only that I can do it but I also have proof of time to be placed in a better corral for the race.

And I now have my race outfit completed as well.

As it is Avengers themed I’ve decided to go as the hulk in the outfit below

Run outfit.jpg

I’ve still got a few more races planned between now and then, including one more half marathon, but I am now super excited to be able to do one in the happiest place on earth!

And finally to wrap up this double digit dance week a little update on the election that happened here this weekend. In case you missed it Australia had it’s election on Saturday. And it is now Monday evening and we still don’t have an outcome. We are unlikely to have one for at least another week – that is how close it is.

And for someone who works for the government it means I still don’t have a boss (or a sense of future direction) for just a little bit longer!

17mc14zhkhlkbgif.gif

Until next time...

Congrats on finishing and doing better than you planned! What an accomplishment!

Love the Hulk running attire.

Also, your gif game was on point this post. Big Lewbowski, Willie Wonka, Bill Murray, Community, one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes, Parks and Rec ... :worship:

Congrats!!! Way to go on your first half!!! Love the hulk outfit!!! I'm still trying to figure out mine for wine and dine half.

Congrats on finishing and doing better than you planned! What an accomplishment!

:thanks:

Love the Hulk running attire.

Well I figure if you're going to run Disney you may as well go all out - I'm just hoping that it's comfortable after 13 miles!

Also, your gif game was on point this post. Big Lewbowski, Willie Wonka, Bill Murray, Community, one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes, Parks and Rec ... :worship:

:laughing:

Congrats!!! Way to go on your first half!!! Love the hulk outfit!!! I'm still trying to figure out mine for wine and dine half.

And after that celebration it’s time for another one (on a slightly smaller scale).
It’s time for a double digits dance!!!!

I shall grace you with an official "woot".

Woot!

I successfully completed my first half marathon this past weekend.

Hey! Way to go!
I'm impressed and proud of you.

Best movie ever.

I honestly can’t believe that I’m saying this but I was actually excited to run.

I can't believe it either.

If you had said that to me nine months ago I would have laughed in your face.

And I'm right there with you.

You're my inspiration, did you know that?
I've downloaded the c25k app and hope to get going on it soon.
(Hey. It's a start.)

I will admit though, that with the excessive amount of shifts I've been working, getting up any enthusiasm for... well anything has been a challenge.

I ran a PB time (well better than I had ever done in training) and had a blast knocking down the physical and mental walls I was hitting.

Once again... Way to go!!

run-2-jpg.179252

(no glamour shots here!)

Excuse me? Looks like a glamour shot to me. Pretty.

How is this trip related you ask? Well if you remember I will be running the Avengers Half Marathon in Disneyland in November.

::yes:: I remember.

So now I know not only that I can do it but I also have proof of time to be placed in a better corral for the race.

Oh! Good for you!

As it is Avengers themed I’ve decided to go as the hulk in the outfit below

run-outfit-jpg.179254

The purple shorts. It's the purple shorts that make the outfit.

In case you missed it Australia had it’s election on Saturday. And it is now Monday evening and we still don’t have an outcome. We are unlikely to have one for at least another week – that is how close it is.

I knew about it (from you, of course) but wasn't following it.
Wow. That is close!

And for someone who works for the government it means I still don’t have a boss (or a sense of future direction) for just a little bit longer!

17mc14zhkhlkbgif.gif

Party! Party! Party!

That spreadsheet is a tiny bit intimidating, even for someone who loves planning! A totally epic trip, for sure! I'm already excited to read the TR and you haven't even begun your trip yet!

Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment!!

I shall grace you with an official "woot".

Woot!

What does an unofficial woot sound like?

Hey! Way to go!
I'm impressed and proud of you.

Thanks!

Best movie ever.

I don't think I can agree with you on that one - I'd have to give it to The Wizard of Oz.

And I'm right there with you.

You're my inspiration, did you know that?
I've downloaded the c25k app and hope to get going on it soon.
(Hey. It's a start.)

I will admit though, that with the excessive amount of shifts I've been working, getting up any enthusiasm for... well anything has been a challenge.

That's great - I'm sure when you get the time and are not working crazy person hours you'll enjoy doing it!

Excuse me? Looks like a glamour shot to me. Pretty.

::yes:: I remember.

I was wondering if people would seeing as the PTR has been going on for about 32 years at this point.

The purple shorts. It's the purple shorts that make the outfit.

I knew about it (from you, of course) but wasn't following it.
Wow. That is close!

And 6 days later we still don't have an outcome.....

Yes. I informed them of my plans and instructed them to prepare accordingly.

If I give you a list of my demands could you send it on? You seem to have some mystical power that gets results!

Congratulations on the half marathon! That is a great accomplishment, and those are great pictures! Hopefully the election will be sorted out soon.

That spreadsheet is a tiny bit intimidating, even for someone who loves planning! A totally epic trip, for sure! I'm already excited to read the TR and you haven't even begun your trip yet!

And that was the basic version of the spread sheet that I was comfortable sharing - my detailed one makes me look like a completely insane person! :laughing:

Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment!!

What does an unofficial woot sound like?

Less officious.

I don't think I can agree with you on that one - I'd have to give it to The Wizard of Oz.

The Wizard of Oz doesn't have Bill Murray in it, so...

That's great - I'm sure when you get the time and are not working crazy person hours you'll enjoy doing it!

Hope so! Now to just get started!

I was wondering if people would seeing as the PTR has been going on for about 32 years at this point.

You're Mom started this before you were born???

Impressed.

And 6 days later we still don't have an outcome.....

Wow.

If I give you a list of my demands could you send it on? You seem to have some mystical power that gets results!

Sorry, no. If I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone.

Unless you make it worth my while.

Less officious.

Sounds about right.

The Wizard of Oz doesn't have Bill Murray in it, so...

But it has Judy..

tumblr_mujad3Ro5B1qhdvf5o1_500.gif

Hope so! Now to just get started!

I have faith you will do it

15e7dce0-a98d-4d43-8f38-0630947edab5_text.gif

You're Mom started this before you were born???

Impressed.

Sorry, no. If I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone.

Unless you make it worth my while.

What if I promise you a sneak peek of my Halloween costume?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter