I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR Updated Nov. 10

Woo Hoo!

I actually added an additional night to our reservation. So, now we will arrive on Friday, June 27th. CSR and the values were all booked, so we will be staying one night at POR and then move over to CSR on Saturday, June 28 for the remainder of our trip.

I will probably keep checking on switching to a value to save a little money.

We will be arriving on Friday, June 26! We couldn't pass up the $58.00 airfare price! :cool1::cool1:

So, now we will arrive on Friday, June 26 at 9:00 AM!!

We will have a room only reservation at CSR, then switch to our package deal the next day. I am hoping that we can pick up the ticket portion of our package a day early. Otherwise, we will we down there a full day early with no park tickets.

Has anyone be allowed to pick up their park tickets a day early?

Where has the time gone! I have been plotting and planning since our last trip in 2005. COLOR="DarkOrange"]Seriously planning for close to two years for this trip. :rolleyes: Now, I have 38 days left to go!:cool1::cool1::cool1:[/COLOR]

It has been a crazy ride and most of it done in secrecy. :surfweb:The very first and last site I check each day is the Dis. :surfweb:

At first I spent the most time on the Budget Board, looking for ways to save money for another Disney trip.:flower3:

Next, I branched out to the Disney for Families board.:grouphug:

I would find myself reading Trip Reports just to get my "Fix". popcorn::

Of course the itch got stronger and I ventured onto the Resort board along with the Codes and Rates board. :cool2:

I checked my email daily for a Pin code - but nada!:confused:

Finally, when the Buy 4 Get 3 promo started, I just couldn't resist! :dance3:It was time! I booked it during the first week it was available in November 2008. :banana: This was done in complete secrecy - I didn't even tell my DH. My DH was still not on board with our making a trip in 2009. In 2005, he told me we could go back in four to five years. I keep this in mind, and reserved the room and package knowing that I could remind him of this.:scared:

Of course, once the package was booked, I had to visit the Disney restaurants and Restaurant Review boards!

You can now find me on the Theme Parks and Strategies board.:thumbsup2

Fiesta time!

I had been planning for several months on how I was going to reveal our summer trip to the kids. The last time we went was four years ago. For that trip, I created a really cute scavenger hunt complete with small clues and gifts that lead up to the final clue that revealed our trip plans. The kids had a blast running around inside and outside the house looking for clues.

So, I really wanted to surprise them with the trip again this time as well. I like surprising them about a month out so that they have the chance to participate in some of the planning. For me and my DS, a large part of a big family trip is the anticipation and being able to share our plans with others. Many of my kids' classmates have been sharing their plans for the summer, so I wanted my kids to be able to share theirs as well.

With the new promotion and new commercials showing, I decided to tie my surprise announcement in with the new promotion theme. I bought a big round hat box and a helium mylar balloon. Then I created a special gold invitation for the kids. I tied the invitation to the balloon. I put the balloon inside the box along with two autographed photographs of my kids and Goofy. The photos were signed by Goofy saying "Looking forward to seeing you again this June!". I just happen to be acquainted with a personal friend of Goofy. ;) That person gave my photographs to Goofy to sign for me. :cool1:

I also enclosed:
the customized WDW maps
vacation information
some photographs of CSR, our resort (the pool and playground)
fiesta napkins, salsa bowls, salsa and a bag of tortilla chips.

On the top of the box, I had a cute poster that said, "Fiesta Time!"

My DH had the video camera working and I called the kids over to open a present for the two of them. They were excited since the present itself was unexpected. They pulled the lid off the box, and the balloon rose up (not nearly as high and nice as I wanted but it worked okay).

They checked out the stuff inside and were excited. I pulled out four sombros for each of us. We put them on and danced around. My DD(six years old) put the sombro on the floor and did a little Mexican Hat dance around it. :dance3::dance3: It was lots of fun! I am so glad that I surprised them with the trip.

We have had lots of fun already over the past week talking about what we are looking forward to doing on our trip. :yay:

My DD started a countdown on our family calendar. She even drew an airplane and Mickey Mouse on the calendar. It is so cute. :love:I will definitely have to keep the page for a scrapbook memory!

Thanks to Planning fanatic mom I now have a link to my pre-trip report in my signature.

Now, I just have to load up some photographs to add to this pre-trip report.

You are very welcome! Now I have found your PTR and Lovin it!

I love the way you surprised your children. EXCELLENT!! I admit I teared up a little.:goodvibes

Now we have to get your pics up and running.

I've never read a trip report about someone who stayed at CSR. I will interested to hear what you have to say about it. It is a resort that I have never even considered.

You are very welcome! Now I have found your PTR and Lovin it!

I love the way you surprised your children. EXCELLENT!! I admit I teared up a little.:goodvibes

Now we have to get your pics up and running.

I've never read a trip report about someone who stayed at CSR. I will interested to hear what you have to say about it. It is a resort that I have never even considered.

I am sure you will agree, the best part of a WDW trip is experiencing it with your family and making special family memories! :hug:

My DH is tagging along grudingly. I have more than once mentioned that I could take the kids on my own or else take someone else along in his place. I have a friend, another teacher who would have the time available, who would loves WDW. She is even a DVC owner. We even have a wonderful neighbor who has been like a special aunt to our kids. She loves Disney too, and would love to go again with us. She is retired so she wouldn't have to take off work to go. But my DH (bless his sole) said, no. He wants to enjoy watching our kids experience Disney again. So, he says, he is taking on Disney and going for them and me. :lovestruc

He has said that he was more than ready to get home from our last trip to WDW back in 2005 and it was only for five nights. :eek:This time we will be at WDW for eight nights plus one night at Indy before we fly out.
I am trying to schedule lots of meat and potato meals for him to help him enjoy the experience. I also will give him the option of sleeping in when he wants too.

I do agree. It is the time spent together and the memories that makes everything worth while.

It seems to me that you have a great DH. You may convert him yet. :lmao:

My DH loves Disney and is very excited about our trip. He has been there more than me.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Hi mdsouth,

Had to come over and check out your PTR after you commented on mine. How cute how you surprised your kids!

Saw that you are going to CSR, that was the other resort we were strongly considering--love the theming of it!

Hi mdsouth,

Had to come over and check out your PTR after you commented on mine. How cute how you surprised your kids!

Saw that you are going to CSR, that was the other resort we were strongly considering--love the theming of it!

NLD, thanks for checking out my PTR.

I was debating between POR, POFQ and CSR. We stayed at CBR on our previous trip, so we wanted to try a new one. The deluxes are not in our price range, so I had to decide between the remaining three mods. :confused3

POR and POFQ both have the boat to DTD. :thumbsup2
I think both POR and POFQ look beautiful. I also think our family would have enjoyed taking the boat to DTD
I think it would be nice to stay in a resort that is more compact in size so POFQ was a frontrunner.

CSR is in the process of renovating rooms. My family, especially my DS would love to visit Mexico sometime. So, CSR would be like a virtual Mexican trip for us. :rotfl:
Another swaying decision for me is that CSR has queen beds in the room instead of double beds. :cloud9:

As with many of us, I have found myself rethinking some of my dining plans, and have modified my ADR plans from what I have previously posted on page one. So, now my dining plans look like this:

Friday, June 26 - Arrival
CS food OOP since our DDplan will not start until Saturday.

Saturday, June 27
Lunch - CS
Dinner at Pepper Market at CSR (I am looking forward to trying out the steak for just a CS credit)

Sunday, June 28 - not sure yet

Monday, June 29
Lunch - CS
Dinner - TS - O'Hanas

Tuesday, June 20
Lunch -CS
Dinner - TS - 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian)

Wednesday, July 1
Lunch -
Dinner - TS San Angel (Mexico)

Thursday, July 2
Lunch - TS 50's Prime Time - one I am thinking of dropping
Dinner - CS

Friday, July 3
Lunch - 2TS Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom)
Dinner - TS Chef Mickey's

Saturday, July 4
Lunch - TS Le Cellier

We've eaten at 50's Prime Time cafe a couple of times. We like the food and the fun atmosphere. My DH really plays up to the CMs.

The others you have I haven't tried yet. We are doing Chef Mickey's and O'Hanas in 2 weeks.

Good luck with your changes.

We've eaten at 50's Prime Time cafe a couple of times. We like the food and the fun atmosphere. My DH really plays up to the CMs.

The others you have I haven't tried yet. We are doing Chef Mickey's and O'Hanas in 2 weeks.

Good luck with your changes.

Well, we are getting close and I am still not totally happy with my ADRs. Here is the schedule so far...

Friday - Arrival - CS food OOP since our DDplan will not start until Saturday.

Saturday - MK most likely
Lunch - CS
CS dinner at Pepper Market at CSR (I am looking forward to trying out the steak for just a CS credit)

Sunday - (Epcot)
Lunch - Le Cellier :woohoo:
Dinner - San Angel Inn

Monday - (MK ??)
Lunch - CS
Dinner - TS - O'Hanas

Tuesday - (AK or DS)
Lunch -CS
Dinner - TS - 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian)

Wednesday - (Epcot)
Lunch - CS
Dinner - TS San Angel (Mexico) (this one is a back-up. My DH wants to go here and last time we didn't make our reservations for some reason. So, I made two reservations this year. If we eat here on Sunday, than I will cancel this one and just have CS dinner.

Thursday - DS
Lunch - TS 50's Prime Time Another one I am thinking of dropping.
Dinner - TS - Grand Floridian Cafe

Friday - MK
Lunch - 2TS Cinderella's Royal Table (Magic Kingdom)
Dinner - TS Chef Mickey's

Saturday - Epcot
Lunch - Le Cellier

Leave for airport and home:sad1:

When I booked CSR back in early November, I requested Cabanas. The rooms in the Cabanas are all newly renovated which is a huge factor for us! Having queen beds instead of double for eight nights is a major plus. They are also very pretty. I also like the fact they are only two stories. We stayed at CBR last time and though we found it beautiful we want to try something different this time.

The Casitas look like my kids idea of Mexico, which they think would be fun to visit. The bus stop at the Casitas is the first to be picked up and first to be dropped off in the evening. Downside, is that not all the buildings are renovated and might have to rely on elevators or hike it up three or four flights of stairs each night.

Oh, what to do! Of course, even if I do finally decide and chose one, it is not guaranteed! :laughing: So, all this stress about which to pick might be for nothing.

I can't believe this trip is so close to being a reality. Only twelve days to go! :banana:I can check-in online this Tuesday! WOO HOO!:cool1:

Unbelievable! Our trip is only 10 days away!

Today was a great day! The online ADR system was up and running and I was able to reschedule a few of my ADRs and book a new one that I have been wanting to get.

Now, I am also going to go ahead and check-in online. :surfweb: I figure that it will probably reduce my wait time in the lobby check-in since we will be arriving on Magical Express. If there is a problem with the process or room requests, than I can handle it there-just as I would anyway, so really it should be a win-win situation.

After much agonizing over it, I requested a renovated room, preferrably in Casitas 4 or 5, ground floor.

I decided I might as well list all my wishes. It would be fantastic to get a corner room or upgrade to a waterview. But I will be happy with just a renovated room!

Ok, I'm a offical follower of your report:thumbsup2

Wow! I can't believe I have an audience with the Queen! Tee Hee!
It really is nice to know that I am not just taking to myself here on the boards.

So, tell me Echo Queen, do you have a current trip you are planning or are you just dreaming and living through the trips of others (like I have done for so many, many years)?

Right before I checked in on-line, I called CRO and put down my requests for a room in Casitas 4 or 5 or the Cabanas.

I was thinking that we might like the Casitas this trip since they look more like what my family thinks Mexico might be like. However, ever since, I have been seconding, and so on guessing myself.

The main thing we want is a renovated room!:love::love:
So, we would have a better chance of getting one if I requested Cabanas. And I happened to see some new pictures on the CSR resort photos thread that really looked great of the Cabanas. Actually, there photos there made all three sections look fantastic. :thumbsup2

The Cabanas looked relaxing and would only be two stories, so less crowded possibly? :confused3

However, I do love the look and idea of the Casitas but really don't want to have to hike it up several flights of stairs each and every night or rely on the elevators. :confused:

As Pooh would say, "Oh bother!" And then the Eeyore in me, is telling me that no matter what I request, I will most likely not get what I want anyway -- that is just how it tends to work out with me. So, I should just not focus on it and move on!:rolleyes:

The amount of money for stroller rental is outrageous! I am still debating what to do and we leave in six days!

We are flying so it will cost us extra to take a stroller with us. I have an old umbrella stroller we might take for my 6 year old. She is just 46 pounds. However, she is extremely tall for her age so when she sits her kneew are really up high. Right now, I am thinking that she might be fine in a few of the parks without a stroller. For the other days, we just might have to bite the bullet and pay the WDW fees.

Much earlier in the planning, I checked out the free stroller shares threads. But no luck, my week was already taken.

Does anyone know if you can buy umbrella strollers on property? Say DtD? What about the cost? I thought it might be feasible to just wait and buy an umbrella stroller there instead of paying to bring it down on the plane with us. Then at the end of the trip, we would either have to pay to ship it home or perhaps give it to a family just starting their trip.

We will not have a rental car and I do not want to have to go offsite in a taxi to buy one.

:)
Wow! I can't believe I have an audience with the Queen! Tee Hee!
It really is nice to know that I am not just taking to myself here on the boards.

So, tell me Echo Queen, do you have a current trip you are planning or are you just dreaming and living through the trips of others (like I have done for so many, many years)?[/QUOTE

Why yes, I am in the early stages of planning another Christmas trip:santa: I finally got the green light from my DH:headache: last weekend, we brought it to a family vote my boys are 14 and 10 they were all for it:cool1::cool1:. My DH thinks it's too soon because we have been going every year for 5yrs and we were there last Christmas, I don't see what his problem with it is:rotfl2:

2008 Last Christmas was our first on site(we have a time share so we usually use it) stay, we were at CR (my dream resort) and were upgraded to a bay lake tower view from the wing. We were on the deluxe dinning with ADR's booked to the max $$$$ was not an issue wonderful trip.

2009 CSR is my first choice and $$$ is an issue. It was not in our plan to go back to WDW this year. Spring break Branson MO we drove, July Las Vegas flying and labor day IL flying home town. So I really had to work it :worship:with DH to get him to go for this. Oh let me tell you up front I LIKE VACATIONS, you never would have guessed right:rotfl2:

Our past trips have been 9 to 12 days because we fly I like to stay as long as possible. This trip will be 5 nights at CSR and then back home. Because I had 18 days off over Christmas last year I did not think there was a chance I could get off this year, but to my surprise no one took the week after Christmas so here I am working with what's left over:woohoo: Did I mention that I love disney:cheer2:who would not want to go the happiest place on earth.:)

My friends and coworkers think I'm crazy (I am not going to mention this trip sshhh) for going so much which is why we tryed Branson and LasVegas this year. Branson was fun my parents met us there and we all had a good time but I have no desire what-so-ever to go back, that is the sentament of everyone. I am sure we will have a great visit in(our first time there) Vegas but it is not disney.pirate:

I love reading trip reports especially about places I would like to go.:surfweb:

I'm not a big talker:rotfl2: Chat soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter