I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR Updated Nov. 10

You sound like me. I never sleep the night before I trip. I always worry about hearing the alarm.

The CSR lobby is gorgeous. Got to love those rainstorms here in FL. Our first trip to WDW, it poured on us the first day. The rain ponchos were in the suitcases still being delivered by ME.:sad2:

Looking forward to the next update!

Your report is great, I am so looking forward to our December trip:banana:

I'm in--I love your pics from CSR

Welcome aboard NWOhioAngela!party:

Stay tuned, chapter 3 will have more CSR photos. We really loved the beautiful grounds at CSR. Are you planning a trip to CSR? or have you stayed there in the past?

Our first stay is in September. I was never really interested in Coronado until I saw the refurb pictures (Are you listening Disney?!) and now I'm really excited to go.

You sound like me. I never sleep the night before I trip. I always worry about hearing the alarm.

The CSR lobby is gorgeous. Got to love those rainstorms here in FL. Our first trip to WDW, it poured on us the first day. The rain ponchos were in the suitcases still being delivered by ME.:sad2:

Looking forward to the next update!

Ugg about the delayed ponchos! Did your family keep reminding you how inconvenient it was that you packed them in the checked luggage instead of carrying them on your body or in your purse? :rolleyes1 I am sure at least one of my family members would have.

Our first stay is in September. I was never really interested in Coronado until I saw the refurb pictures (Are you listening Disney?!) and now I'm really excited to go.

I agree with you 100%. The refurbished rooms were what drew me to CSR. Last time we went in 2005, my DH and I had to share a double bed the entire time - not fun!

Your September trip is fast approaching! Have you decided which section to request?

Your report is great, I am so looking forward to our December trip:banana:

I have seen wonderful photographs of the special castle lights at Christmas. The castle looks like it is made of crystal. I would love to see it for myself.

Have you decided where you are going to stay in December?

Hi!:wave2:

I am here:) I haven't read all your trip report yet but I saw your leaving in 5DAYS:banana::banana::worship::eek::woohoo: and you have waited 4 YEARS:scared1: for this trip! You are a strong woman. I could not of done it. Your husband and my husband sound a lot a like. He hates it when I say we have to go here now, cause ________ will have a long line if we wait!:rotfl: I am so happy for you to be able to go on this trip. Just remember your goal is to get your husband to fall in love with Disney so you can go again next year. I am cheering for you! I can't wait for you to get back with all the details.

Hi WelovMickey!

I am sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier! As I recall your DH and mine have some things in common - like not shaving or shaving just part of his beard just to annoy us!

I agree with you 100%. The refurbished rooms were what drew me to CSR. Last time we went in 2005, my DH and I had to share a double bed the entire time - not fun!

Your September trip is fast approaching! Have you decided which section to request?

I'm not sure I'm even going to make a request, but I'm still mulling it over. We will have a car and we rarely use the buses, so that's not a big deal to us. Our kids are grown and won't be coming, so kid considerations don't come in to play. Any suggestions?

Chapter 3 – Walking Down the Middle of Main Street USA

When I left you last, the rain was coming down, down, down and so we switched plans and decided to head to the Magic Kingdom.

Why the Magic Kingdom? For us, it is and will always mean Walt Disney World to us! Nothing else can compare than that first sight of the MK train station and all the excitement of Main Street, USA.

Just to give you a little idea of what MK looks like at noon on a late June afternoon, here is a photograph my DH took. It was June 26th.

MKJune26.jpg

Even though MK was busier than I would have wished, there was still plenty of magic for everyone! The last time we went to WDW my DD had just turned two years old. So, she really doesn’t remember much, she would say differently!
She and I have enjoyed watching the Disney sing-along DVDs, especially the one taped in Disneyland. My DD loves all the songs. She just lit up when we entered MK. She started singing, “We are walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA” and I joined in.

One of the first things we saw was the street performers. They were a hoot! I don’t know the official name of this group but they were fun to interact with. They were having people try to hula hoop. My DD decided to give it a try.

MKHoolaHoop.jpg

After our hoola hoop attempt, we headed on down the street. We were just in time to catch some of the trolley car performance. It was just so magical – for my DD it was like the scenes out of her much loved DVD came to life right before her eyes!

These moments and more are the reasons why I love WDW. It is so much fun to experience things for the first time for yourself, and then to share moments like these with the ones that you love!

Stay tuned for Chapter 4 – To Infinity and Beyond!

Love the pics of CS. I have never considered it before, but your pics may change my mind.

Love the pic of your DD with the hula hoop. What a great moment.

There is nothing like walking down Main Street USA... :hippie:

Looking forward to more.

Love the pics of CS. I have never considered it before, but your pics may change my mind.

Love the pic of your DD with the hula hoop. What a great moment.

There is nothing like walking down Main Street USA... :hippie:

Looking forward to more.

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks also for helping me remember the correct term for hula hoop. For the life of me, when I was writing my report, I couldn't think of how to spell it. I knew it was wrong but continued on and meant to go back and fix it. I never did, until I saw your comment. Thanks! There was a little girl right before my DD that did a fantastic job of keeping the hula hoop going around her waist for a long time. My DD had her own version of hula hooping.

You should definitely try CSR yourself. It was a great choice for us and beautiful. I have more photos to share in Chapter 5.

Love the pic of your DD trying the Hula Hoop. And you are right about the creating memories and also sharing them. The magic of Disney!:lovestruc

I have seen wonderful photographs of the special castle lights at Christmas. The castle looks like it is made of crystal. I would love to see it for myself.

Have you decided where you are going to stay in December?

CSR for sure, so what is the time frame for online check-in?:banana:

Hi mdsouth!
Just started reading and I can't wait for more! I've never been to WDW in June and I'm always amazed at the people that can brave the Florida humidity in the heat of summer. We will be staying at CSR in November so I'm looking forward to more about CSR.
Your daughter is adorable with the hula hoop!

CSR for sure, so what is the time frame for online check-in?:banana:

Online check-in is only available starting ten days prior to your trip. You will get an email message from Disney that lets you know you can check-in online. Or you can just log in to the Disney website and access your reservation. You can check-in online up to the day prior to your arrival I think.

You will really enjoy CSR.

Hi mdsouth!
Just started reading and I can't wait for more! I've never been to WDW in June and I'm always amazed at the people that can brave the Florida humidity in the heat of summer. We will be staying at CSR in November so I'm looking forward to more about CSR.
Your daughter is adorable with the hula hoop!

Hi LaniesMom, welcome to my TR. I am happy to have the company!:banana:

November would be an ideal time to visit.

My next segment will be more on MK and the following segment will cover CSR. I am working on the MK segment now and should have it posted by tomorrow sometime.

Chapter 4 – To Infinity and Beyond: Blasting off to Tomorrowland!

Once we made our way up Main Street, we headed to Tomorrowland. When we were home, planning our trip, I asked my kids what they wanted to do first when they got to WDW. The kids both wanted to go to MK first. My son (Rand McNally, tee hee) said he would like to start in Tomorrowland.

MKTomorrowland.jpg

My family was famished, so our first stop was Cosmic Rays. We had eaten here during our last trip in 2004 and I wasn’t impressed. Over the last four years, I have read numerous trip reports, dining reviews, and counter service threads where people shared that Cosmic Rays was a good counter service choice in MK. :surfweb:So, I decided that it was convenient and worth another shot.

CosmicRays.jpg

We ordered three Double Cheeseburger meals and an extra bun (80 cents. My DH and DS each got one of their own. I used the extra bun to share the double cheeseburger with my DD, so she and I both ended up having our own single cheeseburger. I found the burgers to be very dry and bland.:sad2: I would recommend trying either the chicken entrée, a salad or go somewhere else.

Ok, that was a small dose:surfweb: Still loving your TR and waiting for more.:thumbsup2 I have followed TR's for 6 months or so :scared1:so I can hold on.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter