I miss the smell of the Wilderness Lodge!

baldy6060

DIS Veteran
We have been back from our honeymoon for 2 months, yet I can still smell the incredible scent that hits you when you first walk in through the sliding doors of WL! That woods meets meat smell. It was the smell of home for a week. I wish I could replicate that smell at my house! Any suggestions? No candles I have found even come close. How about you? Are there any other resorts or places that have that effect on you?

I have never been inside, but we love the smell of the Poly's GCH when you want in! Loved it on our first trip in '89 and still smells the same way! My sister and i fear that if they do tear it down and rebuild, it won't smell the same way :sad1:

Well, at least there is ONE other person out there as strange as I am. I was beginning to think I was the only 1.

I have never been inside, but we love the smell of the Poly's GCH when you want in! Loved it on our first trip in '89 and still smells the same way! My sister and i fear that if they do tear it down and rebuild, it won't smell the same way :sad1:

We visited the poly the first time this year and I couldn't stand the smell. I'm very sensitive to scents, it made me sneeze & gave me a headache. As beautiful as the resort is, I don't think I could ever stay there because of it. :(

I haven't been to WL, but I've always wanted to stay there. Now I think we'll have to visit first.

Maybe someone on the WL thread knows what the scent is. I think Fresh Cotton at Body Works is what is said to be similar to the BC scent!

oh boy do i know just what you mean! I have so many smells i love from disney.. i love the smell of the water on pirates, the boat on the jungle cruise, the water fountains at epcot and even the musty smell inside the monorail! and i love love love the smell inside the contemporary, i dont know what the smell is of, its just the contemporary, i cant wait to go there and go inside and just smell it! LOL

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah! I know what you mean. Almost any ride with water has a very distinct smell. Of course there's also that Florida water smell too. It smells fine but the taste...BLEH! Gettin used to it though.

When I can't sleep at night, I lay in bed and imagine walking through the doors at the WL and walk through the whole lobby/store area in my mind...

I can smell the smell too!

I think we are all crazy!

I bought a vial of scented oil in the gift shop in 2002. It's a woodsy scent and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. I hardly use it because I don't want it to run out. It's a small reminder of my honeymoon at WL.

I bought a vial of scented oil in the gift shop in 2002. It's a woodsy scent and I haven't been able to find it anywhere since. I hardly use it because I don't want it to run out. It's a small reminder of my honeymoon at WL.
We took our boys to Disney for Halloween this year and stayed at the WL. Wow! What a resort. The first think I noticed walking in the the lobby was the aroma! Every time we came back from the parks I would notice it. I finally asked at the concierge and they told me it was Sequoia, from the Sequoia trees of Nortwest Pacific. I asked her if it could've bought but she said they did not sell it. It's been 3.5 weeks and we are all in Disney/WL withdrawal. Cannot wait to go again. We will definitely be staying at the WL when we go back!

I love the WL lobby scent too. Gonna have to check out Yankee Candle to see if I can find anything similar. Glad we have a Yankee Candle store near us. It would be a great scent to have in the house for those cold winter months. I could close my eyes and feel all warm and cozy.

We stayed in the WL for our honeymoon and I wanted to just bottle up the smell there too! It's been 2 years but every once in awhile the scent comes back to me. Sometimes I swear someone's cologne smells like it and then I have to be the crazy person who hurriedly asks what smell they are wearing - it's like an earthy musky smell :)

I love the WL scent, but we just stayed at AKL again last week and it was sooooooo good, too. I want to,know what that is.

Funny this thread has come up..Last month I visited this local shop that sells lots of candles, including Yankee, but what got my attention was these small bottles of aroma sprays.I tried the Xmas mistletoe and loved it, but the lady in the shop sprayed what was her best seller..OMG..I said to my wife, what does that remind you of..WL for sure..On the bottle it says it's a Pine and lumber scent...Whatever...I bought a bottle...I only use it now and again, as I went back into the shop and it's sold out..Aarrgghh......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter