• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I made a duct tape FE

2012-07-17_23-21-25_195.jpg

Hoping I did this correctly.

Great job:thumbsup2! And great idea using the handle of the top bag as the hanger:idea:!

20" X 8"

I unfolded the tyvek envelope and then coated it with white duct tape--one layer on one side and two layers on the other side. Then I measured and cut, giving me a nice clean edge.

Then I cut out pockets 6" tall X 12" wide, and coated them with one layer of red duct tape on each side, then trimmed the edges, again giving a nice clean edge.

When the pockets go on, you lose 4" into the folds, making it 8" wide and able to accordion out a little to make room for goodies. The pockets are rather stiff, but instead I will think of them as "sturdy". ;)

Cutting out the individual letters took some time-- a few hours in front of the TV, no biggie. Scissors, an Exacto knife, and a little cutting mat got me all the details I need. Don't look too closely at any uneven edges and they look quite slick. :)

Thank you so much!

These are all so awesome!!!

DD and I bought some rolls of duct tape, but haven't done anything with it yet... we've been too busy sewing holders for the wave phones!! LOL!!

Sooner or later we'll get one made and posted though! :thumbsup2

So I read the thread and thought hard and let my 11yr old pick the colours and help make it and Voila!
Thanks so much for the idea and suggestions to all who posted!

5494wp.jpg

it turned out pretty well IMHO

it measures about 8' x 16 " and is only the one pocket since our group is doing it by room not by person. It is almost entirely DT. on the the back of the ears is a thin plastic that I had hoped to remove but it was stuck!

I love these duct tape FE's! I'm heading out to buy duct tape tomorrow! LOL!

Thanks OP!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter