"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

Ok, I'm not sure how I missed this in your links. I was thinking the Villains one was your most current. Regardless, I am here! One, we are very similar in the fact that I have 2 older stepsons (22 and 18) and 2 younger sons (though a bit younger than yours). I am the queen of my house, as other than the cat and one dog, I am the only female! I am also the Disney nut. :)

We have thought about T-Day time as I am a teacher and we get the whole week off. But I have always been afraid of the crowds. Maybe we will look into it more though. I think it might be more expensive as far as resorts go but I suppose if you are renting points then that helps with that. We are actually renting points from a co-worker for our June 2017 trip and we are considering BWV, BCV, or AKV savanna view. I love the theming of AKV but I'm afraid it is too far removed from everything and I'm thinking it will be really nice to be right there near Epcot and DHS, so its 3rd on my list.

We have stayed at CSR, I think two or three times. When I say we, I mean my parents and I or me with a friend. My DH and I have never gone to Disney together. In fact, I think he's been once, maybe? We have only been married (almost) 6 years, and the last time I went on 2012, he stayed home and worked. This current trip in June 2016, will again be with my parents and it will be the first trip for my 2 yr old and the 2nd for my 4.5 yr old (but the first he will actually remember, as he was 9.5 months in 2012). We usually stay moderates, even value a time or two, but have recently (the last one and this one) have forayed into DVC/deluxe. It was SSR last time and this time.

My 4.5 yr old is just tall enough to do most rides so we will see how he does with the thrill rides.

I have pretty much always been a Disney fan (this is my 15th trip to WDW and I've done DLR twice) but like you, I have a feeling that this trip with my boys is really gonna do me in. I probably need a whole box of tissues for arrival day at MK!

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread here! We just seem to have quite a bit in common!

Great job so far and I am looking forward to more!

Hi there :wave2: Glad you found me!
I am the queen of my house, as other than the cat and one dog, I am the only female!
LOL I have one female cat also and I definitely rule the house! Being the only female is how I've guilted the guys into various Princess meals/M&G's over the years :rolleyes1
we are very similar in the fact that I have 2 older stepsons (22 and 18) and 2 younger sons
Cool! Boys ARE fun, aren't they? And smelly as they get older.......:snooty: And being a stepmom is wonderful, interesting, frustrating.....all wrapped up in one! I truly love them all and if I'm being truthful, I'm definitely crossing my fingers for a few granddaughters someday!
We have thought about T-Day time as I am a teacher and we get the whole week off. But I have always been afraid of the crowds. Maybe we will look into it more though. I think it might be more expensive as far as resorts go but I suppose if you are renting points then that helps with that. We are actually renting points from a co-worker for our June 2017 trip and we are considering BWV, BCV, or AKV savanna view. I love the theming of AKV but I'm afraid it is too far removed from everything and I'm thinking it will be really nice to be right there near Epcot and DHS, so its 3rd on my list.
That's great you get the whole week off; since we only have the day before Thanksgiving off, our teachers here cannot under any circumstances request off the day(s) before or after that, thereby extending the holiday. That's the way it is for them with any of their holiday breaks; not sure if it's a state thing or what. I have a number of close friends who are teachers and while I understand they get summers off, snow days, and some long holidays, it does stink for those that want to travel over shorter breaks.
The crowds really aren't that bad! Last year was our first time going for Thanksgiving and it was nowhere as bad as we thought. Of course we found RD to be essential and we did have to plan more than we're used to, but between the decorations being up and the general holiday feeling around the parks/resorts.....it's such a nice time to go. Resorts are definitely more expensive though, as is airfare :sad2:
I understand feeling like AKV is far-ish away; that's what Steve was nervous about when we stayed in Jan. However he didn't feel that way once we got there! We didn't have the boys though and of course ours are older so a tad easier to travel with; it's SO peaceful and relaxing there. But being at an Epcot resort is AWESOME. One of my favorite things to do is slowly walk back from Epcot after Illuminations when all the Epcot resorts are lit up. It's beautiful. So I think since you've never stayed at one I agree with AKV being your third choice for next year :thumbsup2
My 4.5 yr old is just tall enough to do most rides so we will see how he does with the thrill rides.
That's going to be so exciting! I remember the look on Christopher's face when he was too short for RnRC, broke my heart. Then 2 years later when he was tall enough - he didn't want to go! Boys........ but all their "firsts" at Disney are so fun. His first time on Splash a couple years ago was great, too. It's like you get excited to do the ride all over again, even though you,ve done it tons of times before :goodvibes
I have pretty much always been a Disney fan (this is my 15th trip to WDW and I've done DLR twice) but like you, I have a feeling that this trip with my boys is really gonna do me in. I probably need a whole box of tissues for arrival day at MK!
I got teary-eyed just reading this! I'm sure we'll both have wonderful trips, just another one of many more. I'm glad you've joined in and I look forward to bouncing my ideas of you and continuing to follow along as you finish up planning yours :)

I forgot to mention that both my stepsons live in different states, so I rarely get to see them. But his oldest comes once a year with his girlfriend (one of these days they will go to Disney with us). The 18 year old has come once but that's an interesting story for another time.

Yes, let's hope we both get some granddaughters!

Same here as far as days off around holiday breaks (can't take them unless it is for being sick AND we have a doctor's excuse!). We used to love going the first week in December so thats why I'd like to try T-Day week at some point...for the theming.

Thanks for the opinions on the resorts. All 3 of those are wonderful I'm sure, but I just think it's probably going to be too hard to pass up an Epcot resort. Of course, my coworker's home resort is none of those (it's SSR) so I'll probably have her request all 3 at 7 months out and just see what we get. Availability may be the determining factor!

AJ is 42.5" so he still will be locked out of Space, RnRC, EE, Primeval Whirl (not interested anyway...yuck)....I think that is it...but there will be plenty of stuff for him to try. :)

I get teary-eyes just thinking about it so I know its gonna be much worse when we arrive. But that's what makes it all so special, right?

I forgot to mention that both my stepsons live in different states, so I rarely get to see them. But his oldest comes once a year with his girlfriend (one of these days they will go to Disney with us). The 18 year old has come once but that's an interesting story for another time.

Yes, let's hope we both get some granddaughters!

Same here as far as days off around holiday breaks (can't take them unless it is for being sick AND we have a doctor's excuse!). We used to love going the first week in December so thats why I'd like to try T-Day week at some point...for the theming.

Thanks for the opinions on the resorts. All 3 of those are wonderful I'm sure, but I just think it's probably going to be too hard to pass up an Epcot resort. Of course, my coworker's home resort is none of those (it's SSR) so I'll probably have her request all 3 at 7 months out and just see what we get. Availability may be the determining factor!

AJ is 42.5" so he still will be locked out of Space, RnRC, EE, Primeval Whirl (not interested anyway...yuck)....I think that is it...but there will be plenty of stuff for him to try. :)

I get teary-eyes just thinking about it so I know its gonna be much worse when we arrive. But that's what makes it all so special, right?

I would love to swap stepson stories with you sometime :chat: That stinks they don't live close but I'm sure it makes the visits more special - maybe? LOL

Primevil Whirl :crazy2: I've been on that more times than I'd like to have been. You won't get me on it anymore unless my chiropractor takes a trip with me, that thing throws you around more than Space Mountain does!!

I forgot to say in my other post, I can't believe your DH has only been to Disney once o_O I know that's one time more than tons of people but it still seems strange to me lol. My BIL, SIL and niece went in 2013 for the first time and my niece was 22. They all had a blast but for some really, really weird reason they aren't itching to go back......:confused3 Maybe your DH will make it in 2017!

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Well since I haven't gotten my butt in gear enough to figure out park days or ADR's yet, I really only have some odds and ends going on. But a couple of them are cute enough to report :goodvibes

First, Saturday is our DVC 7-month mark, so we'll be working with our rental friend to secure a resort for our last 3 nights. Based on the availability a few weeks ago when we booked BCV and some reports I've read on here over the past couple weeks, I'd been hoping a studio at Poly would still be available. However, I'm following another Thanksgiving PTR and that persons 7-month window opened today. She was hoping for 3 studios at the Poly and I read this morning that NOTHING is available there (or BLT for that matter) on Thanksgiving or the day before, which are 2 of the 3 days we need. I can't say I'm surprised but I am disappointed! I called Steve at work and later tonight we're going to figure out exactly where else we'd be happy staying instead of Coronado those final 3 nights, and which DVC resorts we'll take a pass on. As I said before we enjoyed CSR in 2014 and will be happy to stay there again; we will be. We really will be. I'm not trying to convince myself, I know we will be! It's just that I love those deluxes.......ahhhhh! Fingers crossed we can get the 23rd-26th at the same DVC resort somewhere we want to be. I'll come back and post our preferences other than Poly once Steve and I talk.

Next: this ones more fun! Yesterday I went to Kohl's to return some stuff I bought on Monday. I had also gotten some Kohl's cash which I did NOT plan on using yet; wanted to hold onto it a bit longer until I had enough time to try on some capri's/shorts. But I happen to walk by the Lauren Conrad display which was totally not there the day before, and I noticed she has a new
Alice In Wonderland clothing line out, WHAT?? ::yes:: So of course I had to take a look and I ended up spending my Kohls cash on this adorable shirt

It looks grey in this picture but it's actually a very pretty light blue, with like a chiffon-type material around the neck, bottom and sleeves. There's also a white, longish tank top with a ruffle around the bottom that says (I think-it's something like this) "Do you suppose she's a wildflower" and then navy shorts with a white rabbit on them as well as a button up sleeveless collared shirt with said bunny. The shorts were fantastic but VERT short; the kind that will look sexy on Lauren Conrad but make my legs look even whiter and more like sausages than they normally do :rotfl2:
So as I was driving home, smiling about my purchase and listening to my Disney music, I remembered that a couple weeks ago while at a Disney outlet store I found these on clearance!

Haunted Mansion ears! How cool are these?! The only thing I don't love is the elastic strap that goes under your chin. It's not the most comfortable, but at 75% off $17 I couldn't resist. And yes, they're for me! Nobody else in the family will wear them. Well, maybe Chris.......

Those are my leopard ears he stole last November :)

That's about it for now. Oh! 33 days until I can make ADR's! So when I said I need to get going with figuring out where we want to eat and when I wasn't kidding. The only time I've ever made all my ADR's at the 180 day mark was last year for our Thanksgiving trip, and I plan to do it at exactly 180 again this year. It was a bit crazy last year since people were still there with free dining during our trip so I expect it'll be difficult this year if the rumored FD dates floating around end up being true and being released soon.

I would love to swap stepson stories with you sometime :chat: That stinks they don't live close but I'm sure it makes the visits more special - maybe? LOL

Primevil Whirl :crazy2: I've been on that more times than I'd like to have been. You won't get me on it anymore unless my chiropractor takes a trip with me, that thing throws you around more than Space Mountain does!!

I forgot to say in my other post, I can't believe your DH has only been to Disney once o_O I know that's one time more than tons of people but it still seems strange to me lol. My BIL, SIL and niece went in 2013 for the first time and my niece was 22. They all had a blast but for some really, really weird reason they aren't itching to go back......:confused3 Maybe your DH will make it in 2017!
He went when he was younger. The crazy thing is his Mom and sister are Disney nuts. The kicker is his Mom takes his sister and family ALL the time but never him or us. Another family drama story I won't get into on your PTR. The one thing he does say is that he doesn't like crowds - he has some social anxiety - but I told him to leave it to me and I'll get us a good plan to avoid crowds as much as we can.

Love the shirt! I've seen her Minnie Mouse stuff and it's so cute, but expensive! I'm sure I'll still peruse the Alice stuff, too..... :)

Oh and those ears are so cool! I need to buy some. Probably will do it our arrival day though.

Good luck with resorts! And planning ADRs!

Looking forward to the resort update!

Love the shirt and ears! Wear them proudly! It's funny how that happens - no intention of spending money, then something cute and Disney jumps out and somehow it winds up in your house. Must be that Disney magic. ;)

I have my fingers crossed for you for Saturday! Looking forward to seeing where you end up.

Love the shirt! I've seen her Minnie Mouse stuff and it's so cute, but expensive! I'm sure I'll still peruse the Alice stuff, too..... :)
I actually bought a dress from her Minnie Mouse line (on sale AND with Kohl's cash :thumbsup2) last year. I love it; just afraid it won't fit this year.......

Good luck with resorts! And planning ADRs!
Thank you! I need to get on those ADR's this weekend since for once we don't have a basketball tournament!

Love the shirt and ears! Wear them proudly! It's funny how that happens - no intention of spending money, then something cute and Disney jumps out and somehow it winds up in your house. Must be that Disney magic. ;)
So true! And Sunday I'm going shopping with my Goddaughter for her 18th birthday to a mall I haven't been to in awhile that has a Disney store so I'm sure it'll happen again

I have my fingers crossed for you for Saturday! Looking forward to seeing where you end up
Thanks! Steve and I didn't get a chance to talk about our preferences after the Poly because he worked late last night and still isn't home yet tonight, but I'm sitting here waiting. I need to know we agree on our next choice!

But I happen to walk by the Lauren Conrad display which was totally not there the day before, and I noticed she has a new Alice In Wonderland clothing line out, WHAT?? ::yes:: So of course I had to take a look and I ended up spending my Kohls cash on this adorable shirt

Love the shirt like everyone else. I am going to keep my fingers crossed you find some other cool styling stuff at the Disney Store this weekend!

Haunted Mansion ears! How cool are these?! The only thing I don't love is the elastic strap that goes under your chin. It's not the most comfortable, but at 75% off $17 I couldn't resist. And yes, they're for me! Nobody else in the family will wear them. Well, maybe Chris.......
Those are my leopard ears he stole last November :)

The Ears are pretty fun looking. I would be with you regarding the chin strap. Maybe you could use bobby pins? (Does anybody still use bobby pins? :rotfl:) And then I laughed :rotfl2:regarding Chris taking your leopard Ears. The boys kept stealing my red sequined Ears I got as my gift at the wedding we attended in October. But they were making fun of me.

Good luck on those ADRs!

The Ears are pretty fun looking. I would be with you regarding the chin strap. Maybe you could use bobby pins? (Does anybody still use bobby pins? :rotfl:)
LOL you know what? That's a good idea :idea: And black ones wouldn't obstruct the design of the ears, either! I haven't actually looked in a store for bobby pins in ages but I'm going to now!
And then I laughed :rotfl2:regarding Chris taking your leopard Ears. The boys kept stealing my red sequined Ears I got as my gift at the wedding we attended in October. But they were making fun of me.
Um, my boys find plenty to make fun of my about regarding Disney :p My Goddaughter and her family went to Disney last month over spring break, and she bought some sequined ears. She then sent me a picture of her dad wearing them which I promptly showed to Steve so he could make fun of her dad next time they saw each other!
What I find cool is that someone gave out Mickey ears as their wedding favor? Awesome! Was the wedding Disney-themed?

The Early Bird Probably Would Have Gotten The Worm.......

Well, today was the 7-month booking window for the girl we're renting points from and, as you can probably tell from my post title, it didn't go quite as I'd hoped. It's really, really true that you need to rent your points ASAP when going during a busy time! We didn't have this problem last year but certainly dropped the ball this time, so nobody to blame but ourselves. NO DVC resort has a studio available for our last 3 days, 11/23-11/26; everything is choppy, like we could get the 23rd one place, the 23rd/24th another, the 23rd and 25th another. And we really don't want to move more than once. I know some people don't mind and on the one hand it sounds like it could be fun; Steve and I would most likely try it if this was an adults-only trip. But since it's not and especially since it's during a busy time and so I feel like our time is precious anyway, I just don't want to spend so much of it packing/unpacking and being in transit. Disney makes it very easy to switch resorts but the reality is you're "homeless" for a period of time and, as I found out last Nov. with that stupid stomach bug, you never know when you'll REALLY need to be in your room!

So we're still at BCV 11/19-11/23 which is awesome and we're all looking forward to it! Then,at least for right now, we'll be moving to Coronado Springs for the last 3 nights but we're waitlisted at the BC. Deep down I honestly don't mind going to CSR, even though going from deluxe to a mod isn't ideal. The boys will have their own beds at BC and then have to share; however, we'll have housekeeping every day which is a plus for me :thumbsup2 I don't share a bathroom with the boys at home and I seriously don't look forward to doing that while on vacation. If I haven't said this before.......boys are gross :crazy2: If we owned DVC we could waitlist somewhere else, also but alas we don't, so one waitlist it is.

That's it for now! Oh! Josh at easywdw put out a preliminary Nov. calendar so I took a quick look. He makes it very clear though that at this point it's extremely hard for him to put anything in stone due to so much being up in the air - RoL, the Jungle Book show and how long that will last, FEA/Anna and Elsa M&G plus the new Soarin' and how those things will affect touring in both parks. Plus Disney hasn't scheduled any nighttime entertainment in MK or HS for Nov. yet which is typical, but doesn't help with making crowd predictions or picking recommended parks. At this rate my ADR date will be here before a good Nov. calendar is out, so I'll most likely base a lot of my plans on what was predicted last year plus what we found when we were down there.

AAHHH! is all I have to say for now :scared: And sorry this was so word-heavy. Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

That stinks! Sorry to hear. That's interesting about the wait list. We are renting from my coworker for next June but I was thinking we could wait list the 3 I was interested in. Hmmm. Do you know, if we wait list one and get it, can we then wait list another after that? This is really pushing me over to BWV bc I think that is easier to get than BCV.

In any case, I hope your wait list comes through! And good luck with ADRs and sorting all that out. I have changed or tried to change so many times on our ADRs now that our plans have firmed up here closer to the trip. It's so hard to figure out specifically what you need 180 days out! I'm really hoping the 3 I haven't been able to change, show up after the 24 hour cancellation period (is it truly 24 hours or just before midnight?).

Looking forward to more!

Sorry it didn't work out the way you were hoping! CSR does look nice though. It was one place we really considered before renting DVC points for the first time, as it looks pretty and is centrally located within WDW. I'll still wish you luck on your wait list!

Sounds like you're having some of the same planning troubles we June folk are - I hope yours is resolved more swiftly than ours! At this point it looks like we'll likely be in limbo right up to a week out from the trip.

What I find cool is that someone gave out Mickey ears as their wedding favor? Awesome! Was the wedding Disney-themed?

Actually it was a wedding at Disney. They gave them out as favors the night before the ceremony. Was one of the best weddings I have ever been invited too. The couple were the best hosts and planned some fantastic once in a lifetime experiences. The sequined Mouse Ears were given at a dinner at Italy on the Isola where we also got to watch Illuminations. Their own private over the top Dessert Party (w/dinner.) The other great experience besides the ceremony was the reception at California Grill. Was a fantastic trip!

The boys will have their own beds at BC and then have to share; however, we'll have housekeeping every day which is a plus for me :thumbsup2 I don't share a bathroom with the boys at home and I seriously don't look forward to doing that while on vacation. If I haven't said this before.......boys are gross :crazy2: If we owned DVC we could waitlist somewhere else, also but alas we don't, so one waitlist it is.

Well, I hope you get some Pixie Dust on your waitlist. I have great hopes for you as folks change their plans all the time, it is hard being patient at least for me. By the way I loved the "boys are gross" comment as it is so true. I know about sharing that bed thing, when they were little you could put a pillow between them. When they get taller than you it is harder to "keep the peace."

That stinks! Sorry to hear. That's interesting about the wait list. We are renting from my coworker for next June but I was thinking we could wait list the 3 I was interested in. Hmmm. Do you know, if we wait list one and get it, can we then wait list another after that? This is really pushing me over to BWV bc I think that is easier to get than BCV.
Thanks, I was so bummed yesterday but today I feel a little better :) Unfortunately I'm not too clear on all the waitlist stuff, this is the first time we've had to do that! I assume you can though? I don't see any reason you couldn't.....and I would think, off the top of my head, that you're right about BWV possibly being easier to get than BCV simply b/c of Stormalong Bay. That pool is so enticing for families and the clown pool at the BW scares others lol. Not us though so don't look at that as a negative!

In any case, I hope your wait list comes through! And good luck with ADRs and sorting all that out. I have changed or tried to change so many times on our ADRs now that our plans have firmed up here closer to the trip. It's so hard to figure out specifically what you need 180 days out! I'm really hoping the 3 I haven't been able to change, show up after the 24 hour cancellation period (is it truly 24 hours or just before midnight?).
I am ALWAYS changing our ADR's after I initially make them, and I'm sure this time won't be any different! Especially if all the up in the air stuff isn't figured out by my ADR date :sad2:

Sorry it didn't work out the way you were hoping! CSR does look nice though. It was one place we really considered before renting DVC points for the first time, as it looks pretty and is centrally located within WDW. I'll still wish you luck on your wait list!
Thanks :sad: ha ha really, I'm feeling a little better about it today. You're right, the location is great. It was like a 6 minute ride to HS/Epcot, 8 minutes to MK and less than 6 to AK. Plus we already know the pool is cool (hey, I rhymed!) and the food choices are good for us, and no matter what section we're in we'll be close to a bus stop so......there ARE lots of plusses. But I won't be sad if the waitlist comes through!

Sounds like you're having some of the same planning troubles we June folk are - I hope yours is resolved more swiftly than ours! At this point it looks like we'll likely be in limbo right up to a week out from the trip.
My fingers are still crossed that you get a little more info before you're trip :goodvibes

Well, I hope you get some Pixie Dust on your waitlist. I have great hopes for you as folks change their plans all the time, it is hard being patient at least for me. the "By the way I loved boys are gross" comment as it is so true. I know about sharing that bed thing, when they were little you could put a pillow between them. When they get taller than you it is harder to "keep the peace."
I like to joke I need a HAZMAT suit just to go in their bathroom :scared1: They can manage sharing a bed if they have to but like you said, "keeping the peace" can be a pain. Either they're arguing over one encroaching on the other's space or stealing blankets, or they're being silly and nobody can get any sleep :headache: So after 4 nights of Chris being in the murphy bed they'll have to adjust to being in the queen bed together, but there are far worse things to have to deal with!
I do often read on here about peoples' waitlists coming through, so I won't give up hope until I'm packing up our bags :-)

24 hour cancellation period (is it truly 24 hours or just before midnight?).
Totally forgot I wanted to answer this! It's actually just before midnight for the most part, at least in my experience. However, a couple times I've tried to cancel a BOG reservation less than 24 hours out online(I know, who cancels BOG lol) but before midnight and it wouldn't let me do that one. Otherwise I've successfully cancelled numerous others, and by numerous I mean probably 20-30, online at less than 24 hours out and no charge. However I assume people without much experience will think it actually means 24 hours, thereby releasing unwanted ADR's within that timeframe.

Totally forgot I wanted to answer this! It's actually just before midnight for the most part, at least in my experience. However, a couple times I've tried to cancel a BOG reservation less than 24 hours out online(I know, who cancels BOG lol) but before midnight and it wouldn't let me do that one. Otherwise I've successfully cancelled numerous others, and by numerous I mean probably 20-30, online at less than 24 hours out and no charge. However I assume people without much experience will think it actually means 24 hours, thereby releasing unwanted ADR's within that timeframe.
Thanks for the answer! I'll be constantly checking right up until the day (morning/afternoon/whatever) of the current ADR! :)

Ok, I'm not sure how I missed this in your links. I was thinking the Villains one was your most current. Regardless, I am here!
Ditto... I've been sooo busy working lately and have not had time to keep up with everything. So Hi again.:wave: We also have changed our dates thanks to Free Dining and turns out that the new dates works out better for us in terms of park hours (and then we went and added a whole other day..oops). I am glad I have found your TR's and PTR it makes it easier to get a feel for how things are at a different time of year. Just think of it as you are my tour guide hahaha:rotfl2:

Well, I'm the reason for all our Disney trips so that would be a 10+! I liked Disney as a child, liked it a lot on my trips in my 20's and early 30's, and then when we took the boys in 2006 something just "clicked". I fell-in-love - and my obsession began. It's only gotten stronger and stronger over the years. Judging by the Disney clothes I'm not ashamed to wear in public (which drives Ricky nuts), the décor around my house and the fact that I can barely get through any conversation without Disney somehow sneaking in, I think it's safe to say my love for all things ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo isn't going anywhere.
I think my obsession clicked back in 2011 when I went with my husband's family. I feel like I have to talk/read something Disney every day. Luckily I work with several girls who have been multiple time and they "get" it too!

We loved the weather last year during Thanksgiving week, and we didn't find crowds to be that bad.
I am hoping it is a major difference between September heat and November. How is the humidity? I think that is what drove me nuts the most September.

Bottom line #2: I'm not slighting myself 2 whole park days so you can play dodgeball or whatever for 40 minutes in a school gym! Take a jog around our resort and call it P.E. buddy, we're flying out Saturday. Hence the change in dates :thumbsup2
:rotfl2:hahahaha priorities!

I keep telling Jay and Steve that Candace and I are taking a Girl's trip in the near future!
Girl's trips are AWESOME! Hope you get to do this soon!

It was a bit crazy last year since people were still there with free dining during our trip so I expect it'll be difficult this year if the rumored FD dates floating around end up being true and being released soon.
That would be us. :rolleyes1

That's it for now! Oh! Josh at easywdw put out a preliminary Nov. calendar so I took a quick look. He makes it very clear though that at this point it's extremely hard for him to put anything in stone due to so much being up in the air - RoL, the Jungle Book show and how long that will last, FEA/Anna and Elsa M&G plus the new Soarin' and how those things will affect touring in both parks. Plus Disney hasn't scheduled any nighttime entertainment in MK or HS for Nov. yet which is typical, but doesn't help with making crowd predictions or picking recommended parks.
I am excited for all the new stuff that will be there when we go but it sure is making planning hard. We were pretty happy for our date of 11/5-11/12 but then the MVMCP dates came out. There were 4 parties out of the 6 nights we were going to be in the parks. That didn't make for very good MK at night time. Our new dates of 11/14-11/22 only has 2 party nights. I am pretty excited about taking advantage of more MK time and park hopping.

Anyways can't wait to read more!:donald:

Ditto... I've been sooo busy working lately and have not had time to keep up with everything. So Hi again
Ha ha hello :wave2: I'm glad you found your way over! Don't you hate it when that pesky thing called work gets in the way of DiS-ing??
I am glad I have found your TR's and PTR it makes it easier to get a feel for how things are at a different time of year. Just think of it as you are my tour guide hahaha:rotfl2:
Ah, a job a aspire to when I reach my golden years! I'm glad my TR's have helped you :goodvibes Oh, you know what the coolest part of what you wrote is?
Our new dates of 11/14-11/22
Now our dates overlap by a few days :cheer2: Maybe we can somehow figure out how to meet up quickly somewhere, just to say hi and snap a quick picture to prove we had a DiSmeet :thumbsup2
I feel like I have to talk/read something Disney every day.
Me too ::yes:: It's a sickness, I tell you. If there's a way to work Disney into a conversation with someone (ANYONE) I'm speaking to during the day, I'll find it!
I am hoping it is a major difference between September heat and November. How is the humidity? I think that is what drove me nuts the most September.
There really wasn't any humidity in November last year, and none when we were there in 2012, either. The days it got into the low 80's it was hot in the sun but nice everywhere else, and it would only be hot from say, 11-ish to maybe 4. And definitely not summer hot and not even October hot. Pleasantly hot, unless you were standing directly in the sun for more than like 20 minutes and then it still wasn't like the summer. Now earlier in the month people in my Nov. FB group were totally surprised and unhappy that it was unseasonably HOT and humid and they were drenched with sweat by 10 in the morning, but that was like the first 2 weeks and not normal. I think you'll find a huge difference from Sept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter