I love Dreams Unlimited (aka Sue Ellen Rocks!)

Thanks for that wealth of info, John! Also, thanks for the offer to help me out, but SueEllen beat ya to it :)

Thanks, John! For my 2 cents...I was booking it all myself until I read these boards and how DU works to get the codes for you...would never have taken the chance and switched without that, so yes it does get DU business!!!

Can I join the Sue Ellen Fan Club too? :cheer2:

I'm in the process of changing my cruise from a 4 night to a 7 night and she got the quote to me within hours!!! (Not to mention the patience with me and my numerous emails/questions, multiple itinerary changes for my February WDW trip, etc. LOL. :rolleyes: )

Sue Ellen definitely Rocks! :banana: :banana:

Just "spoke" with her again. Asked about upgrading to water view for this trip or should I wait and see if I can get it as a complimentary upon arrival. She advised me to wait and see,rather than spend the extra $$ now. Most people in that business would WANT me to spend the extra, but I fell that she truly wants what's best for me.

Whew, ice storms are good for something! Weather is so nasty here we decided to go one day early, Sue Ellen came through and got our YC room for Wednesday as well. Can't say enough good stuff about this lady! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Does anyone know how soon I can get a Dreams Unlimited Quote for Dec 2006?
Also: we are planning on booking at rack rate and hoping to switch to a general discount code or an AP code (will buy an AP if we have to but prefer general discount code).
I am aware that there is a maximum night stay for a discount code (10 nights I think). We are planning on staying 11 or 12. I was planning on a continuing ressie in order to apply a code.
Will DU split your ressie in order to use a code for your entire vacation or would they only apply the code for the first 10 nights??? I have no problem checking out and checking back in to get a great rate (I did this on last vacation and it took 5 minutes max)

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Suzy

riu girl said:
Does anyone know how soon I can get a Dreams Unlimited Quote for Dec 2006?
Also: we are planning on booking at rack rate and hoping to switch to a general discount code or an AP code (will buy an AP if we have to but prefer general discount code).
I am aware that there is a maximum night stay for a discount code (10 nights I think). We are planning on staying 11 or 12. I was planning on a continuing ressie in order to apply a code.
Will DU split your ressie in order to use a code for your entire vacation or would they only apply the code for the first 10 nights??? I have no problem checking out and checking back in to get a great rate (I did this on last vacation and it took 5 minutes max)

Thank you
Suzy

I was looking for 2006 info, too & this is what I was told: At this point, they can only do room only reservations & those will book at 2005's highest rate. Then, once 2006 prices are released DU can change your reservation to a package at the 2006 prices.

Annette, thank you for the info.

To anybody with experience with this: As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be staying for more then ten nights. Myself, I would split the stay with a continuing ressie to try and get codes (AP of general public) for all my vacation nights. Will DU do this for me?

Also, has anyone dealt with DU with special needs family members, and will they call special needs ressies for you for special requests (I posted this on the Disabilities board and wasn't able to get any info over there)?

I booked myself last time with CRO and called the resort direct a few days before to talk to them about room requests for special needs daughter. They were very accomodating and gave us an ideal room (for her situation). She has sensory problems and therefore, I requested a room on a high floor, not connecting. All my requests were met plus they gave us an end room.

Also I am paranoid that I will not be able to get into Chef Mickeys Christmas day 2006. Obviously, DU has MUCH more experience with securing PS's. Do you think they would have an easier time securing a PS then me?

btw, I love this thread.
Suzy V.

Riu girl, as the OP of this thread I thank you! We just got back from the first trip that I booked through DU and it was an extremely smooth experience. Sue Ellen suggested that I forgo booking a water view room and to instead ask at checkin about available upgrades. This managed to save me ~$200 since I did as she suggested and was upgraded to a lagoon view room at standard price. I think that they (DU) would do everything possible to obtain all of your special needs requests. I've noticed that Disney seems to try to make every effort to fulfill the needs of guests with disabilities/handicaps. For that matter, I have seen that they try to always meet my needs as well. :flower: As for the CM for Christmas, what they would do would probably start calling at 7AM at the 90 day out window, the same as you yourself could do. Just because you are using them, you can still book your own PS'. If you felt that there might be a better chance of you getting it yourself. Sue Ellen (my DU TA) is a moderator on this board and you might want to post a PM to her.

I agree with everyone. Sue Ellen and DU both rock!

She was great helping me plan my trip last fall. She was great when I panicked about the hurricanes and got me switched over to WL from POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter