I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question, but I will ask here since it is related. Looking at a free hotel night. It will cost 15000 Marriott points, which I have. Or I could go through UR portal and use about 8000 points. I should do the UR points, right? The room cost is $120+tax. It seems like a no brainer to me to use less points, but I know people have said they get better point value by not going through the UR portal. Is that generally for flights and not hotels?

you are correct, use UR points if it only cost you 8000 pts. 2nd choice is to redeem 12k pts + tax for a statement credit, you still make it out better than that 15k.

Last edited:
DO NOT call recon. They will grill you about your business. Unless your really good at sweet talking it, DO NOT talk to anyone live! wait till u get rejected to call. There is a chance you can be auto approve and that is what you want to get right now.

Thanks! I definitely won't call. I might not even call if I get a flat out rejection. I do spend money on a side-line money making "business", but it's definitely just for fun and I really don't NEED a credit card for it, so I'm sure it would be hard to justify. I just hate waiting and not knowing.

Thanks! I definitely won't call. I might not even call if I get a flat out rejection. I do spend money on a side-line money making "business", but it's definitely just for fun and I really don't NEED a credit card for it, so I'm sure it would be hard to justify. I just hate waiting and not knowing.

Call if you do get the rejection letter. i mean, they may grill you about your business then, but hey, there is nothing else to lose! :D Ink+ is worth all the trouble! :)

Stupid question, but I will ask here since it is related. Looking at a free hotel night. It will cost 15000 Marriott points, which I have. Or I could go through UR portal and use about 8000 points. I should do the UR points, right? The room cost is $120+tax. It seems like a no brainer to me to use less points, but I know people have said they get better point value by not going through the UR portal. Is that generally for flights and not hotels?

people look at points valuations differently but the easiest way for me to compare it apples to apples is to turn the points into a cash value. For example.. if you go through the UR portal, it's 8000 points which is the equivalent of $80. Actual cash purchase price is $120. Marriott points if 15000 points which is $150. Therefore, I would go through the UR portal if I were you :) I know more value is usually gained by transferring to some partners. I think Southwest you get more value b/c for example it's like $59 or 3000 Rapid Rewards where through the UR portal it might be something like 4700 points. I think Hyatt and Starwood are also good values transferring

congrats on CSR !! that probably helped too bc you'll get 1.5x the value of UR points from the portal through the CSR vs CSP which is 1.2 or 1.25

I met my $2000 spend (minus the $99 fee) yesterday on my Southwest card! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see those 50,000 points!
Now it gets to chill in the drawer with my Disney Visa while Freedom Unlimited and I rack up $500 (already about halfway there) and get our $150 back.
And I sold another saddle and a tail (LOL..think horse weave) on eBay!
Slowly but surely, Mickey! We're getting there!

I am going to disagree with regards to how I use the points and how I value them. UR points are worth much more than Marriott points to me. I place about .021~ value on a UR point and about .007~ on a Marriott point. In my miles and points wallet it is more expensive in terms of value to use my UR points for the Marriott stay than it is to use my Marriott points. However, value is very subjective. Ultimately we do what works best for each of our situations. Just offering a different viewpoint.

More than halfway to my 4K minimum spend on the csr. Made a $500 payment on my fios bill so we're paid until January. Also put $500 on my girls' lunch account so they are paid up through the end of June. The rest was everyday spend. I almost booked another vacation..lol but so glad I didn't. The key to travel hacking is spending money you budgeted for and not paying interest. Also not incurring more debt.

Well, I have to share with people who will understand! I called the auto number posted above (again) and I was approved for the Ink+ party:

Now I just have to get my spend in. We're over half way through DH's CSR. I might see if we can prepay a few months of our Directv and or cell phones on the Ink+. That would help get some of the spend in with bonus points as well.

Other than prepaying bills, how else is everyone meeting minimum spend thresholds? I'm looking at plastiq but I'm a little nervous.

I have a big bill (summer camp payment) coming up in February. Trying to figure out which card to apply for. I don't want the ink plus. So far I have the csr, freedom, Disney visa and Amex prg and blue cash everyday. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Well, I have to share with people who will understand! I called the auto number posted above (again) and I was approved for the Ink+ party:

Now I just have to get my spend in. We're over half way through DH's CSR. I might see if we can prepay a few months of our Directv and or cell phones on the Ink+. That would help get some of the spend in with bonus points as well.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!

First thing I did after I got my card was run to Staples to see which gift cards they had haha! how exciting!!!!

Other than prepaying bills, how else is everyone meeting minimum spend thresholds? I'm looking at plastiq but I'm a little nervous.

I have a big bill (summer camp payment) coming up in February. Trying to figure out which card to apply for. I don't want the ink plus. So far I have the csr, freedom, Disney visa and Amex prg and blue cash everyday. Any suggestions?
you may want to "build relations" with plastiq now as people are getting coded as cash advanced without one.
what is your choice of airline/hotels?

so I wasn't sure who to ask and then I thought of this thread!

as you know, I just got the Ink+. I'd like to make some payments before my statement arrives and I need to add it to my Bill Pay. Is the address the same for the Ink+ as it is for other Chase personal cards (Disney Visa, Freedom, CSP?) I tried googling it but couldn't find anything to come up. I set it up with the personal card address and did a $50 test run but I didn't see it come through the Ink+ yet.

so I wasn't sure who to ask and then I thought of this thread!

as you know, I just got the Ink+. I'd like to make some payments before my statement arrives and I need to add it to my Bill Pay. Is the address the same for the Ink+ as it is for other Chase personal cards (Disney Visa, Freedom, CSP?) I tried googling it but couldn't find anything to come up. I set it up with the personal card address and did a $50 test run but I didn't see it come through the Ink+ yet.

You might have better luck creating an online account and linking Chase to the bank account you want to pay from. No postage that way, and no wondering if you got the right address. :)

You might have better luck creating an online account and linking Chase to the bank account you want to pay from. No postage that way, and no wondering if you got the right address. :)
This is what I'm trying to do but I need an address to set it up. Once my statement comes I will have the address but I'd like to submit a payment before that point. Just wondering if the business cards have the same address as the personal.

This is what I'm trying to do but I need an address to set it up. Once my statement comes I will have the address but I'd like to submit a payment before that point. Just wondering if the business cards have the same address as the personal.

So you are trying to get your bank to send payment to Chase? My intention was to suggest going the other way: opening your Chase account online and pulling the payment from your bank. Then the only info you need is your bank's routing and account number, right?

my ink+ statement says to send my check to here...

CARDMEMBER SERVICE
PO BOX 94014
PALATINE IL 60094-4014

i live in california(it might vary by state).

my freedom card and ink+ address are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter