• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have to have the Marriott Chase card for this?

you should be able to transfer within the program, but i recall @calyso saying that the transfer rate is really bad... i looked around and i think its 3-1 ratio. (30k UR --> 10k SPG). dont quote me... :P

I have both SPG and Marriott and yes, currently it is a 1 SPG to 3 Marriott ratio. I don't know if that will change if/when SPG is converted to Chase.

I'm not thrilled with most of my Chase cards but I am still in love with my CSP. I have been a victim of identity theft in the past so I check my balances on my cards daily if not twice daily (I know, a little ocd ;) ). Last Saturday I noticed three "odd" charges on my CSP (as in charge, reversed charge and a charge to a store I'd never heard of). I called the CSP fraud line and they put a stop on my card and said they would send one UPS to arrive Tuesday. I told him no worries on the rush, we'd be out of town. Since we were in the US, he could UPS it to our hotel in NYC. It was super easy and we received our 3X dining for our NYC Thanksgiving (and anyone who's been knows that was a lot :( ).

So for anyone who remains on the fence, I'd still advocate for it :)

I have both SPG and Marriott and yes, currently it is a 1 SPG to 3 Marriott ratio. I don't know if that will change if/when SPG is converted to Chase.

I'm not thrilled with most of my Chase cards but I am still in love with my CSP. I have been a victim of identity theft in the past so I check my balances on my cards daily if not twice daily (I know, a little ocd ;) ). Last Saturday I noticed three "odd" charges on my CSP (as in charge, reversed charge and a charge to a store I'd never heard of). I called the CSP fraud line and they put a stop on my card and said they would send one UPS to arrive Tuesday. I told him no worries on the rush, we'd be out of town. Since we were in the US, he could UPS it to our hotel in NYC. It was super easy and we received our 3X dining for our NYC Thanksgiving (and anyone who's been knows that was a lot :( ).

So for anyone who remains on the fence, I'd still advocate for it :)

CSR? Im still on the fence on that one because my loyalty is to a travel card with citi bank. haha. had the CSP for awhile but stopped using it half way through the waived 1 year.

CSR? Im still on the fence on that one because my loyalty is to a travel card with citi bank. haha. had the CSP for awhile but stopped using it half way through the waived 1 year.

It's definitely worth it at least for the first year. 100k UR points and $600 in travel credits The travel credit is $300 per calendar year so you can get two years worth from paying one year's annual fee.

With my two kids weddings coming up within the next few months (December & May) I've qualified for the companion fare with my Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa card. My wife and I fly to and from Orlando six or seven times a year, so she gets to fly free with me. That plus the points this has built up for me I think I'm also flying free on points for most of 2017.

Have been following this thread, so I'm a little familiar with it, but I'd appreciate your indulgence on a possible repeat question. (I did try to find the answer, but did not take the time to read all 60 pages...)

Does anyone know if purchasing WDW tickets thru Orbitz will count toward "travel" for the CSR? (They have a great deal w/Ebates today...)

Have been following this thread, so I'm a little familiar with it, but I'd appreciate your indulgence on a possible repeat question. (I did try to find the answer, but did not take the time to read all 60 pages...)

Does anyone know if purchasing WDW tickets thru Orbitz will count toward "travel" for the CSR? (They have a great deal w/Ebates today...)

I purchased WDW tickets through United Vacations (after missing the Southwest deal) and it did code as travel. Got my $300 travel credit right after.

With my two kids weddings coming up within the next few months (December & May) I've qualified for the companion fare with my Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa card. My wife and I fly to and from Orlando six or seven times a year, so she gets to fly free with me. That plus the points this has built up for me I think I'm also flying free on points for most of 2017.
Congratulations on the weddings and the free travel!

I have a very dear aunt that I am asking this question for :) She has primarily used the SW card (plus, I think) up until recently. She and my uncle have just always put everything on that card. Recently I talked her into applying for the CSR, which she was approved for and is liking. She is considering keeping that card but I wanted to see if that really makes the most sense for them or if there is another rewards card that might be better. She would need to add my uncle on if that were to be their primary card so the AF would be $525.

Their primary expense is dining out and they spend about $15k per year eating out. They do travel domestically a few times a year, usually WDW once, another various vacation and then a couple of times to see us but no hotel on visiting us. She typically buys discounted GC's to fund her Disney trip so I am not sure that would factor into her travel rewards.

I guess I am wondering if the CSP would be the best card for her. Or I even wondered about her joining Costco so she could get the Costco visa. She does not have Costco around her but seems like she could join online and get the card without ever needing to step into the store, right? She would have to pay the $55 membership fee but then no AF on the card and she would get 3% dining (and 4% gas).

Any advice? She is not into CC churning or travel hacking, really. Just got the CSR cause I told her the sign up was too good to pass on.

I think the cash back from the Costco card comes in the form of a reward certificate that needs to be used in the store. The $15k she spends in dining proves 45k UR from Chase which provides about $550 in value. She does receive a yearly $300 travel credit that can be used for most travel. If the annual fee is a little too high maybe the Sapphire Preferred would be fine, but she will earn 2x on dining and no travel credit. I hope this helps.

I have a very dear aunt that I am asking this question for :) She has primarily used the SW card (plus, I think) up until recently. She and my uncle have just always put everything on that card. Recently I talked her into applying for the CSR, which she was approved for and is liking. She is considering keeping that card but I wanted to see if that really makes the most sense for them or if there is another rewards card that might be better. She would need to add my uncle on if that were to be their primary card so the AF would be $525.

Their primary expense is dining out and they spend about $15k per year eating out. They do travel domestically a few times a year, usually WDW once, another various vacation and then a couple of times to see us but no hotel on visiting us. She typically buys discounted GC's to fund her Disney trip so I am not sure that would factor into her travel rewards.

I guess I am wondering if the CSP would be the best card for her. Or I even wondered about her joining Costco so she could get the Costco visa. She does not have Costco around her but seems like she could join online and get the card without ever needing to step into the store, right? She would have to pay the $55 membership fee but then no AF on the card and she would get 3% dining (and 4% gas).

Any advice? She is not into CC churning or travel hacking, really. Just got the CSR cause I told her the sign up was too good to pass on.

I think the cash back from the Costco card comes in the form of a reward certificate that needs to be used in the store. The $15k she spends in dining proves 45k UR from Chase which provides about $550 in value. She does receive a yearly $300 travel credit that can be used for most travel. If the annual fee is a little too high maybe the Sapphire Preferred would be fine, but she will earn 2x on dining and no travel credit. I hope this helps.

Oh, good point on the cash back. I hadn't thought of that. I am a Costco member and have the Costco CC. I didn't remember how the CC rewards were given.

im guessing southwest is their choice of airline?

Apparently, my aunt said that my uncle has some CC that gives him 2% back on all purchases with no AF. So, that could be a thought too. I wish there was an easier way to figure all this out lol :)

Lots of data points that those (me) who applied for the platinum 100k offer with 3k spend have all of their points frozen. Luckily, I don't have any points..lol

Apparently, my aunt said that my uncle has some CC that gives him 2% back on all purchases with no AF. So, that could be a thought too. I wish there was an easier way to figure all this out lol :)

Double Cash
Fidelity Visa

both are 2% on everything. no AF. cash back though.

things that come close to it is 1.5% with Freedom Unlimited.
CSR is probably the best for your aunt if shes spending 15k in dining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter