I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly to my $5k spend on my new Chase Ink card, paying Property Taxes in early December will do it. Then I'm deciding what to do next. Possibly CSR.

A word or warning if you have Chase Ink and buy Gift Cards, and like Whole Foods. We shop there weekly, so I've been buying cards. A $150 card from Gyft.com had been used, so WF replaced it. Now I'm dealing with a handful of $50 cards I bought at Staples (great stocking stuffers), tried to use a couple and they were no good either. Apparently, they have a systemic theft problem. I'm in contact with their corporate office again trying to get it resolved. But what a hassle.

Nearly to my $5k spend on my new Chase Ink card, paying Property Taxes in early December will do it. Then I'm deciding what to do next. Possibly CSR.

A word or warning if you have Chase Ink and buy Gift Cards, and like Whole Foods. We shop there weekly, so I've been buying cards. A $150 card from Gyft.com had been used, so WF replaced it. Now I'm dealing with a handful of $50 cards I bought at Staples (great stocking stuffers), tried to use a couple and they were no good either. Apparently, they have a systemic theft problem. I'm in contact with their corporate office again trying to get it resolved. But what a hassle.

That is scary. I figured gyft was safe to buy from because they weren't from individuals reselling. Guess I'll have to really watch them too. Thanks for the heads up.

That is scary. I figured gyft was safe to buy from because they weren't from individuals reselling. Guess I'll have to really watch them too. Thanks for the heads up.

gyft.com is safe. I believe @Dancind is with Staples and not gyft except for the whole food problem. Ive been using gyft since March of this year, the only issues i have is that 1) they wanted me to send them an copy of an ID to verify my identity and 2) Best Buys took my card number to the back to see the details of it before they would let me use it. I have close to $5000 worth of gc purchases with gyft... :P

Can someone advise how difficult it is to get a Amex business card as a sole proprietor?

I've got 2 of them. 1 Delta and 1 SPG and had no issues at all. Far easier than my Ink+ biz card.

Wow! We've been lucky so far. We've purchased tons of gift cards from various merchants at Staples and have had zero issues. I'd say Disney and Whole Foods are the ones we purchase the most. Good to know this can be an issue with the holidays rolling around. Thanks for the heads up!

There is a 100k MR Amex platinum offer out. The minimum spend is only 3k. I'm done my CSR and prg spend and have camp and Disney expenses due in February. Applied and instantly approved.

There is a 100k MR Amex platinum offer out. The minimum spend is only 3k. I'm done my CSR and prg spend and have camp and Disney expenses due in February. Applied and instantly approved.
Is there a special link for that offer?

gyft.com is safe. I believe @Dancind is with Staples and not gyft except for the whole food problem. Ive been using gyft since March of this year, the only issues i have is that 1) they wanted me to send them an copy of an ID to verify my identity and 2) Best Buys took my card number to the back to see the details of it before they would let me use it. I have close to $5000 worth of gc purchases with gyft... :P

So far, Whole Foods is the only cards that have been an issue. Someone has figured out how to steal their numbers, so when you try to use them the balance is already $0. Whole Foods has replaced the cards. But I did buy them two different places (gift.com and Staples). I hope the other ones are good, saving a Sephora, Jo-Anns, and Southwest for Christmas.

DH is a remodeling contractor, and he spends a lot at Home Depot and Lowe's. Any cards that would be especially good for him?

did you need to enter a tax id, or use your ss? I am wondering since I have just the beginnings of a small etsy business....

I cannot decide what to do 'strategy-wise' for my next card. I am at 4/24 and an AU on one of my dh's cards making me 5/24. BUT one card of mine will drop off in Dec. So, as our Jan, I should be able to be approved for another Chase. I currently have the CSR and have met my min spend and have my 100k UR. I have an old Freedom but realized if I close my CSR before the AF charges again, I won't have a card to transfer my UR points to. So, I need something there. And could make that Chase my next card.

However, I really wanted to open the SPG cards through both my dh & I to get some free nights at Swan and Dolphin. If those cards are maybe going to become Chase cards, I'm not sure what to do now. My original plan was to get another Chase card in Jan (putting me back at 5/24) and then begin working on the SPG cards.

Any thoughts as to what you would do?

I cannot decide what to do 'strategy-wise' for my next card. I am at 4/24 and an AU on one of my dh's cards making me 5/24. BUT one card of mine will drop off in Dec. So, as our Jan, I should be able to be approved for another Chase. I currently have the CSR and have met my min spend and have my 100k UR. I have an old Freedom but realized if I close my CSR before the AF charges again, I won't have a card to transfer my UR points to. So, I need something there. And could make that Chase my next card.

However, I really wanted to open the SPG cards through both my dh & I to get some free nights at Swan and Dolphin. If those cards are maybe going to become Chase cards, I'm not sure what to do now. My original plan was to get another Chase card in Jan (putting me back at 5/24) and then begin working on the SPG cards.

Any thoughts as to what you would do?

CSP or ink+/inkPreferred can still transfer. You could probably downgrade your CSR to CSP, pay the $100 AF(saves you a hard pull but miss the signup bonus) Id probably PC to a CFU or CF, then apply for CSP for bonus. I chose the Ink+ route cuz 5x category is too good for me... haha

I would try for the ink preferred if you can meet the spend. Then when the CSR fee comes due next year you can decide to cancel or downgrade. I had my wife and myself apply for the SPG. Had my wife apply first and used her referral link for myself. She was able to earn an additional 5k points.
CSP or ink+/inkPreferred can still transfer. You could probably downgrade your CSR to CSP, pay the $100 AF(saves you a hard pull but miss the signup bonus) Id probably PC to a CFU or CF, then apply for CSP for bonus. I chose the Ink+ route cuz 5x category is too good for me... haha

If I PC to a CFU (already have a CF), can I still use my UR points for travel? I guess I thought the Freedom cards only allowed UR points for cash back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter