• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current data points suggest HUCA (hang up call again). Tell the next analyst that AU cards are not supposed to count in the 5/24 and that you have only opened up one card. This has worked for countless people according to the mega Reddit thread and comments on the numerous blogs I am following.

Clif notes: until you get those AUs removed from their consideration - keep calling!!!

Just keep swimming!

Calypso - meant for the OP of that reply! Lol!!

Current data points suggest HUCA (hang up call again). Tell the next analyst that AU cards are not supposed to count in the 5/24 and that you have only opened up one card. This has worked for countless people according to the mega Reddit thread and comments on the numerous blogs I am following.

also suggest trying Secure message. They tend to be more lenient/more power...

5/24 is official now... :\

with exceptions though...
Now there are several documented exceptions:

1. Chase Private Clients (CPC) are often approved regardless of their X/24 status. Either automatically or through recon.
  2. Targeted mailers with invitation codes have been reported to be exempt from this rule.
  3. In-branch pre-approvals seem to bypass this rule.
  4. Business cards are not counted towards 5/24. This is dependent on whether lenders report to the personal credit bureau. There have also been reports that Chase's own business cards aren't counted towards 5/24.
  5. Accounts on your credit report that show as authorized user accounts and store accounts can be ignored during recon. The language of the official Chase rule makes this exception very clear.
it was nice that my Ink+ never gave me a hard hit to my report so i think im @ 2/24.

5/24 is official now... :\

with exceptions though...
Now there are several documented exceptions:

1. Chase Private Clients (CPC) are often approved regardless of their X/24 status. Either automatically or through recon.
  2. Targeted mailers with invitation codes have been reported to be exempt from this rule.
  3. In-branch pre-approvals seem to bypass this rule.
  4. Business cards are not counted towards 5/24. This is dependent on whether lenders report to the personal credit bureau. There have also been reports that Chase's own business cards aren't counted towards 5/24.
  5. Accounts on your credit report that show as authorized user accounts and store accounts can be ignored during recon. The language of the official Chase rule makes this exception very clear.
it was nice that my Ink+ never gave me a hard hit to my report so i think im @ 2/24.

My Amex SPG business app was reported unfortunately so that is definitely a YMMV. I went ahead and did everything that Doctor of Credit advised to clear the way for a pre-approval in bank offer. We are also toying with the idea of starting the road to CPC. I've read data points that suggest you don't need to dump $250K all at once and have heard that you have a year to reach the amount. I'm wondering if anyone has started the road to CPC in order to simply by pass 5/24, get the card they want and then decided not to go the CPC route afterwards.

I really hate the idea of waiting a year. I was planning to do about 10 new cards for 2017 since we just used miles for DH and I to book flights on 3 trips to Europe next year, twice in first and once in biz. That puts a big dent in the mileage balance. In the meantime, it looks like I will be stepping up and doing some manufactured spending to beef up our balances. Stupid Chase Sapphire Reserve card has thrown a monkey wrench into all my travel hacking schemes :laughing:

My Amex SPG business app was reported unfortunately so that is definitely a YMMV. I went ahead and did everything that Doctor of Credit advised to clear the way for a pre-approval in bank offer. We are also toying with the idea of starting the road to CPC. I've read data points that suggest you don't need to dump $250K all at once and have heard that you have a year to reach the amount. I'm wondering if anyone has started the road to CPC in order to simply by pass 5/24, get the card they want and then decided not to go the CPC route afterwards.

I really hate the idea of waiting a year. I was planning to do about 10 new cards for 2017 since we just used miles for DH and I to book flights on 3 trips to Europe next year, twice in first and once in biz. That puts a big dent in the mileage balance. In the meantime, it looks like I will be stepping up and doing some manufactured spending to beef up our balances. Stupid Chase Sapphire Reserve card has thrown a monkey wrench into all my travel hacking schemes :laughing:

Dang first world problems!! LOL

Fantastic!

I'm still waiting for mine to process - got the "7-10 day" reply in branch - called recon line as soon as I hit my car in the parking lot. That was last week on Thursday I think...

Im at 2/24 for personal credit cards. 2/24 for AU (don't count) and 1 business line - FICO08 is 729/744/745

I did get them asking me why we were looking for more credit at one time. I just said that we're looking to consolidate cards and eventually business/personal banking accounts with Chase.

FWIW: The recon agent did state that they're processing around 1,000+ CSR recon apps per day since launch (launch day they saw a few hundred thousand apps...allegedly) so it may take the full 1-2 weeks. My luck it will be on day 14 that I get an answer one way or another.

Word over on Flyertalk is that no more applications are being taken right now. Don't think I've ever heard of a credit card application window being so short.

ETA: Well, that ended up being a blip. When I posted here, the application link was dead. Now it's back up. Good thing!

Last edited:
I signed up for the CSR online last Saturday and got the 7-10 day message. Wasn't exactly sure where I was in relation to the 5/24 rule at the time. Was too impatient to wait so I called the lending dept number listed in an earlier post on Wednesday. I was told that my credit was fine but I was denied for 6/24. I pulled my credit report and it shows 5/24 with one of those as an AU. Not sure where he got 6/24. Should I wait until I receive the denial letter before calling the recon line? Or just go for it? I have a property tax bill coming in early November that will help with a huge chunk of the $4K spend so I'm hoping to get approved in time to use the new card.

Thank you to OP for starting this thread and for all the useful posts that others have contributed. I love credit cards too! Have been spending most of my time on the Disney Gift Card thread, but many of those opportunities are quickly drying up so I need to look for other ways to pay for our vacations.

I signed up for the CSR online last Saturday and got the 7-10 day message. Wasn't exactly sure where I was in relation to the 5/24 rule at the time. Was too impatient to wait so I called the lending dept number listed in an earlier post on Wednesday. I was told that my credit was fine but I was denied for 6/24. I pulled my credit report and it shows 5/24 with one of those as an AU. Not sure where he got 6/24. Should I wait until I receive the denial letter before calling the recon line? Or just go for it? I have a property tax bill coming in early November that will help with a huge chunk of the $4K spend so I'm hoping to get approved in time to use the new card.

Thank you to OP for starting this thread and for all the useful posts that others have contributed. I love credit cards too! Have been spending most of my time on the Disney Gift Card thread, but many of those opportunities are quickly drying up so I need to look for other ways to pay for our vacations.

I would call back and speak with a different rep and explain you are at 4/24 since one of the cards is an AU and those are not supposed to count as opening up a new card.

Why would calling back make a real difference? She read the policy to me over the phone word for word about the AU cards being counted.... even if I got another person, I assume they would just re read the same page to me

Why would calling back make a real difference? She read the policy to me over the phone word for word about the AU cards being counted.... even if I got another person, I assume they would just re read
the same page to me

There are large numbers of data points across Flyer Talk, Reddit and the bloggers' commenters that state the exact same situation you describe. Then, upon calling back and speaking to another representative the AU is not counted and they are approved. This why if it were me in the same situation I'd be calling again.

The only reason I am not calling again after a denial for my own situation is that I am at 10/24 no AU cards. There are zero data points suggesting HUCA works in my situation. So, I am stuck with waiting a year or pursuing the CPC route. As a PP so eloquently put it earlier #firstworldproblems :rotfl:

Just called the recon line and mentioned that one of my 5/24 was an AU and that I wasn't sure if those counted. She asked me if I asked Amex to remove me as an AU. I told her that I hadn't since we closed that account. She asked for my annual income and monthly mortgage payment before putting me on hold for 5 minutes to review my application. When she came back on the line she said that she's going to recommend me for approval and that it needs to go to a Senior Analyst for final review. She said it could take up to 2 weeks for that decision. So, i'm not quite approved yet, but there's hope!

Last edited:
any CSR holders have their annual fee posted? :P ur guys are in for a real funny treat! :D

Why would calling back make a real difference? She read the policy to me over the phone word for word about the AU cards being counted.... even if I got another person, I assume they would just re read the same page to me

See below.

Just called the recon line and mentioned that one of my 5/24 was an AU and that I wasn't sure if those counted. She asked me if I asked Amex to remove me as an AU. I told her that I hadn't since we closed that account. She asked for my annual income and monthly mortgage payment before putting me on hold for 5 minutes to review my application. When she came back on the line she said that she's going to recommend me for approval and that it needs to go to a Senior Analyst for final review. She said it could take up to 2 weeks for that decision. So, i'm not quite approved yet, but there's hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter