I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call their lending dept directly, too. It is 888-245-0625. They even helped me rearrange some spending limits to make my card line up work better and allow a quicker acceptance.

Can't hurt to ask, right?
I got the dreaded '7-10' page the other day.... I haven't called, wondering if it's wise, or just wait and see? I'm only at 3/24 and 2 are AU, but I am guessing it's a credit line issue, and rearranging might do it.... I'm a chicken with the calling thing

Hi, I've been casually reading this thread over the past few days. I'm fairly new to the credit card/points game. I've had a SW card for the past few years that I use a lot and it has provided many free flights for us. I'm intrigued by the CSR card. I think it would be great for us because we take one big trip to Europe each year (DH is British) and a few smaller trips throughout the year (to Disneyland of course!). I'm wondering, how to people get their airfare to Europe completely covered by points? Isn't there always a pretty hefty tax/fuel charge that must be paid by cash? Also, if you book hotels with points, do you have to pay the tax separately?
I'm thinking I will pop into my Chase branch tomorrow to see if I can get the card!
Thanks to everyone for all the great info here!

The airfare to Europe isn't completely covered by miles as you do have to pay taxes and fees on award travel. However, the taxes and fees vary by the airline. British Airways is pretty high. My last few tickets in first class using BA Avios miles were between $400 and $500 or so each way. I look at it like purchasing a ticket for less than economy price and upgrading to first with the miles. United's taxes and fees are less. Our flight back home from Paris on United in first class was $55 in taxes and fees. I've never paid taxes and fees for hotel stays. We've used Marriott points to stay at the St, Ermin's in London and there were no taxes. We've used Club Carlson points for stays in Edinburgh, Dublin and London and no taxes or fees. We are using some IHG points for a stay in Inverness and no additional taxes or fees. The only way to completely avoid paying out of pocket would be to use the points as cash which isn't always the best value. I have done that though with Citi Thank You points when I couldn't find flights I wanted using award miles. The points worked like buying a ticket for cash. You can do that with UR points too.

The difference is actually due to high UK departure fees. The rate changes based on the distance of the flight and the class of service you are flying in. I think children under 16 are now exempt from these fees, but only if they are flying in economy class. The fees are not charged for flying into the UK so you could consider adding on to your trip to the UK and flying home from another country.

Last edited:
I got the dreaded '7-10' page the other day.... I haven't called, wondering if it's wise, or just wait and see? I'm only at 3/24 and 2 are AU, but I am guessing it's a credit line issue, and rearranging might do it.... I'm a chicken with the calling thing

I have had very good luck speaking with them, and it suits my impatience LOL

I would definitely call since you are under 5/24. Good luck!!!

I got the 7-10 day from the bank - on the CSR. Called in about 2 minutes after walking out of the branch. I was flagged for just getting approved for the Ink+ @ $15k. I was asked why I was looking for so much credit. Said that after being in business for 7+ years I needed to make some purchases for my business to expand. Also said that my business line of credit should have no effect on my personal line of credit. They took notes and then said something amazing: we are recommending this for approval with $10k limit - it has to go through secondary processing (so far every single chase card we have has had this "secondary" processing) and wait for 1-2 weeks for reply. Lady then hit the stop record button (didn't know this was an option) and said that 99% of the time if they recommend approval it gets approved - and to call back on Wednesday to check on status and not wait the full 1-2 weeks.

#shrug YMMV but just pick up the phone. Heck my wife called back for her CSP and got instant approval after calling (first time she's ever done something like that too!!!)

You can do it!

EDIT: Anyone here ever done a mileage run for air miles? Weighing the value of cents-per-mile (cpm) vs. normal spend on CC's and the like. We have a decent "slush fund" to do this with, so it wouldn't effect our pocket book. What say you?

EDIT: Anyone here ever done a mileage run for air miles? Weighing the value of cents-per-mile (cpm) vs. normal spend on CC's and the like. We have a decent "slush fund" to do this with, so it wouldn't effect our pocket book. What say you?

Haven't done any mileage runs yet. I've never considered them for earning miles. I'd sooner go through an airline shopping portal like AA when magazines dot com is doing a 50 or 60 miles per dollar to earn some extra miles.

I'd look into a mileage run if it was going to get me status and I would be able to benefit from the status throughout the year. Since I don't travel for work more than once a year and always redeem our leisure travel tickets in first or biz I do t think the status will benefit me. We already get lounge access through int'l first class tix and as a perk from some of the credit cards when we aren't traveling int'l first class.

Flyertalk has a whole forum dedicated to the discussion of mileage runs. Hope that helps.

Haven't done any mileage runs yet. I've never considered them for earning miles. I'd sooner go through an airline shopping portal like AA when magazines dot com is doing a 50 or 60 miles per dollar to earn some extra miles.

I'd look into a mileage run if it was going to get me status and I would be able to benefit from the status throughout the year. Since I don't travel for work more than once a year and always redeem our leisure travel tickets in first or biz I do t think the status will benefit me. We already get lounge access through int'l first class tix and as a perk from some of the credit cards when we aren't traveling int'l first class.

Flyertalk has a whole forum dedicated to the discussion of mileage runs. Hope that helps.

Yeah it's to earn the MVP status that otherwise can't (don't quote me) be done without being "in-seat".

And I just started getting into Flyertalk and - woah - so much info!!

Yeah it's to earn the MVP status that otherwise can't (don't quote me) be done without being "in-seat".

And I just started getting into Flyertalk and - woah - so much info!!

reddit has a pretty good one too. reddit.com/r/churning I have tabs opened to both sites and refresh for updates. reddit tends to get the info quicker.
I also suggest reading http://www.doctorofcredit.com/ lots of good info as well!

trying to decide if calling the above posted # will change anything..... got a rejection notice-'too many new cc's' I'm at 3/24 and 2 are AU...:confused3 I could reallocate, wonder if it's worth calling to ask (oh the rejection! lol)

trying to decide if calling the above posted # will change anything..... got a rejection notice-'too many new cc's' I'm at 3/24 and 2 are AU...:confused3 I could reallocate, wonder if it's worth calling to ask (oh the rejection! lol)

I'd pull up a report of your opened cards on credit karma or get your annual credit report. Then have the information in front of you when you call and ask them how is 1 credit card in 24 months too many since AUs don't count and even with the AU cards your're still under 5/24.

heh, android pay anyone? pay ur rent via radpad/android pay. meet spendings quickly without any fees!(well u get .01% back! w00p w00p!) :P

*disclaimer: no fees only applies travel categories of 3x on travel.*

I'd pull up a report of your opened cards on credit karma or get your annual credit report. Then have the information in front of you when you call and ask them how is 1 credit card in 24 months too many since AUs don't count and even with the AU cards your're still under 5/24.
Thanks... I think I'll try it.... I keep careful records,and can see on both CK and my written records that I'm way under.... I guess it can't hurt to try,right?

heh, android pay anyone? pay ur rent via radpad/android pay. meet spendings quickly without any fees!(well u get .01% back! w00p w00p!) :P

*disclaimer: no fees only applies travel categories of 3x on travel.*

Radpad just stopped the promo. Went way beyond what they expected LOL

I'm so conflicted! Now that we reached the bonus on DH's CSP and used the points for round trip tickets to England, my next target was getting the SW Companion Pass. But the CSR is so tempting! I can reach the spending requirements for one but not both of the rewards within a 3 month period, and even if I stagger the sign-ups, i.e. get the CSR now and the SW cards in November (isn't that the best time to get the SW cards to get the bonuses in January and snag the CP for 2 years?), I don't know that I can come up with $8K in total spending by the end of the year. I don't know which path to take.

I'm so conflicted! Now that we reached the bonus on DH's CSP and used the points for round trip tickets to England, my next target was getting the SW Companion Pass. But the CSR is so tempting! I can reach the spending requirements for one but not both of the rewards within a 3 month period, and even if I stagger the sign-ups, i.e. get the CSR now and the SW cards in November (isn't that the best time to get the SW cards to get the bonuses in January and snag the CP for 2 years?), I don't know that I can come up with $8K in total spending by the end of the year. I don't know which path to take.

If i were me, I'd get both and learn all about manufactured spending :teacher: Just make sure you combine the MS with real spending.

If that isn't an option, consider the fact that we always see the SW cards pop up with an offer of a 50K bonus from year to year. This is the first time any Chase UR card has been offered at 100K and it is likely a limited time offer and very possible something that won't come around again.

Radpad just stopped the promo. Went way beyond what they expected LOL

ehh? theres no way to stop this... radpad with android codes out as travel for some reason... 2.99% fee for mastercards, 3x on travel with citi cards... spendings done within 2 months!
or did i miss something already...

If i were me, I'd get both and learn all about manufactured spending :teacher: Just make sure you combine the MS with real spending.

If that isn't an option, consider the fact that we always see the SW cards pop up with an offer of a 50K bonus from year to year. This is the first time any Chase UR card has been offered at 100K and it is likely a limited time offer and very possible something that won't come around again.

So... much... to... learn...

And I certainly hope that the CSR offer doesn't disappear too soon... I want to put off getting it for a bit, but I don't want to miss that!!

ehh? theres no way to stop this... radpad with android codes out as travel for some reason... 2.99% fee for mastercards, 3x on travel with citi cards... spendings done within 2 months!
or did i miss something already...

I meant the promo they were doing for paying rent with no fee. It was supposed to go on until the end of the year but it wound up lasting 2 weeks.

I meant the promo they were doing for paying rent with no fee. It was supposed to go on until the end of the year but it wound up lasting 2 weeks.

ahh. okay... this one is different... rumor is that they are linking with another service provider to get fee free or something like that...

Does anyone know if/when the CSR 100,000 miles/travel credits would expire? I don't have a trip planned for next year, but 2018 looks promising. If I signed up for the CSR now, then waited until the 2017 annual credit is credited to our account, giving me the benefit of the ywo years' $600 in travel credit, and then downgrading to a lower no-fee Chase card before the second $450 annual fee is charged, would I still have those 100K miles and the $600 in travel credits to use, or must I use them before I downgrade to a different card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter