• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Knew There Was A Reason Why I've Always Hated My Birthday - COMPLETE

I love this trip report!:goodvibes
THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes
Someday it will happen...SOMEDAY. *shakes fist* Oh well, I'm heading to the Jake this weekend for the first time this season (yes, I'm one of THOSE who still calls it "the Jake" :snooty:) and I'm still excited! The season is still young! This year is our year! etc. etc...right?

Anyhoo, I'm with you on the love/hate relationship with rain at Disney. It's almost like those that are willing to stick it out and wear those awful ponchos get some sort of cosmic reward from the Disney gods in the form of shorter lines. :thumbsup2

The rainbow shirt picture - ADORABLE. I can't believe that wasn't planned!

Sorry about your HM experience. :hug: I had something similar happen when I rode Alein Encounter back in the day. *shudder* Everyone's got that one ride that they find terrifying! :crazy2:

And yes, Spectro > MSEP. COME BACK SPECTRO! WAHHH! :sad: Although the thought of the characters holding umbrellas does give me the warm fuzzies. :lovestruc
Oh, I agree. It will ALWAYS be "The Jake" to me. Calling it "Progressive Field" just feels weird.

Exactly. Ponchos are a little less uncomfortable when you can just hop on all the rides with minimal wait. ;)

We should start a letter-writing campaign. BRING BACK SPECTRO!!
New poster here- just read through your trip report and wanted to say how great it was! I really enjoy your writing style. Sorry about your dog- I know how hard that can be.
WELCOME! AND THANK YOU!! :goodvibes

JULY 8TH PART ONE: 1900 Park Fare
We all woke up bright and early on our last morning in the World. We had to check out, finish packing, load up the car, and make it over to the Grand Floridian by 8:15 for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare. It was hectic, to say the least.

Last mornings usually make me really sad. Like, sobbing hysterically in the shower kind of sad. But this time I was really just over it. You have no idea how much I hate saying that because one should never be over Disney, but I was.

I was all out of fake positivity and ready to sit in a dark room and sulk. Which I totally did once we got to my grandmother’s house in Tampa. And, frankly, it’s what I’ve been doing for the better part of a year. But that’s not important right now.

Anyway, we did all those things I listed above without a single tear being shed and it was super weird. I mean, you know something’s gone wrong when you’re not crying about leaving the most magical place on earth.

When we got to the Grand Floridian, Dad dropped us off at the entrance and went to park the car. We were running a bit late for our ADR, so we sprinted inside to check in. It wasn’t a very grand entrance, but we were in a hurry. Thankfully, 1900 Park Fare is right off the lobby.

811.jpg

Our table was ready and the wait staff was rather pushy about seating us at that very moment even though the restaurant was half-empty, so I sent everyone in while I waited forever for Dad to get back from guest parking. Which is 80000 miles away, by the way. Clearly, they’re trying to get people to pay for valet. The cheapos like us have to hike.

Once Dad finally arrived, he came bearing tales of broken pipes and flooded roads. So not only did he have to traverse 80000 miles, he had to loop around a million times until someone gave him an alternate route. How grand.

When we got to the table, there was some sort of special juice waiting for us. I thought it tasted weird and ordered an orange juice. Everyone else enjoyed it, though, I think.

The rest of the gang waited for Dad and me to arrive before eating, so we all headed up to the buffet together. If you like breakfast foods, this place is heaven. There were so many delicious-looking choices. My food-loving mind was blown. Then I found a stack of Mickey plates that were going completely unused by my fellow diners and what was left of my mind blew again. WHO FORGOES USING A MICKEY PLATE IN FAVOR OF A REGULAR ONE? SERIOUSLY WHO DOES THAT? I was depressed as heck and even I wanted to eat off a Mickey plate. Jeez.

I was really bad about taking pictures during the meal, but I made sure to snap a shot of my plate before diving in.
814.jpg

Hashbrowns, French Toast, bacon, and a HUGE made-to-order omelet. Everything was delicious. Disney really needs to open an all-day breakfast location so I don’t have to choose between near empty parks with no waits and some of my favorite foods.

The 1900 Park Fare breakfast is a character meal, so we were visited by Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. When the Mad Hatter came to our table, he said hello and I nodded back because I had food in my mouth at the time. Well, apparently, he wasn’t pleased with this because he yelled at me for being impolite!

I’m sorry, Mr. Hatter, but some of us prefer food to character meet and greets. I loves me some Alice in Wonderland, but not as much as I love food (or, more specifically, omelets). I took another big bite and deliberately didn’t swallow so that I’d have food in my mouth for the picture. I don’t entirely know what that accomplished other than that there’s a picture of me with food in my mouth in existence (which I am totally not sharing with y’all), but I felt like a rebel at the time so whatever.

Take that, Hat Man.

After our meal, we headed upstairs to catch the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

I took some pics of the pretty lobby from the second floor:
823.jpg

824.jpg

826.jpg

828.jpg

829.jpg

It smells like rich people and classiness in there, with a faint hint of John Stamos.

And here’s the monorail:
830.jpg

Little did I know, that brief trip to the Magic Kingdom would be my last ever in-person experience with the love of my life, Monorail Voice Guy.
If you haven’t yet heard, they replaced him earlier this year with a super boring guy who is terrible and listening to him is basically like doing the worst thing you can think of. It’s tragic. Monorail rides will never be the same.

When Boring McBoringvoice asks me to “please move across [the car] to make room for everyone,” I’m staying put just to spite him.

Anyway, we gathered our personal belongings, watched our head ‘n’ step, and took small children (me) by the hand as we exited at the Magic Kingdom. There’s just something so perfectly wonderful about stepping out onto the red brick and funneling down the ramp with the 30000 other smelly people you just shared a monorail with. It gives me the warm fuzzies every time.

832-1.jpg

The Train Station! With bonus random people posing for pictures! Purple Shirt Kid (I bet his name is Luke…or maybe Brian) is lookin’ spiffy. Also, when the Girls of the DIS trip happens, you best bet we’re all hopping up there and throwing our arms around each other like those two girls. Actually, I think we should all stand up there and do the dance from the little opening show. *chugs arms* Casey Junior’s coming down the track…

I also took a close-up to avoid the randoms.
833.jpg

No strangers here.

834.jpg

The Dapper Dans were just chillin’ on the trolley. WHY CAN’T I WALK BY THIS KIND OF THING EVERY DAY?

The Caaaaastleeeeee
836.jpg

Again, WHY CAN’T I WALK BY THIS KIND OF THING EVERY DAY?

Katie and Wade headed off to ride something, but Mom and I (and Dad who tagged along) had something really important to do in Liberty Square: a trip to the fantastically named, Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. It’s one of those places that must always be referred to by its full name because it’s so much fun to say. “The Christmas Store” just won’t cut it.

Here are some pictures of this fabulous place:
837.jpg

If you have a horse to hitch, I’m assuming you hitch him there.

838.jpg

The name in all its old-timey glory.

839.jpg

840.jpg

Pinocchio! Who knew he would grow up to be a motorcycle-riding, leather-wearing, handsomely scruffy “author”? Hopefully y’all have seen Once Upon a Time, otherwise I just spoiled the heck out of it. Although, I guessed that he was Pinocchio super early on, so it wasn’t really that big of a reveal. Fingers crossed he gets de-puppeted next season for some more father/son tinkering moments that make me cry.

We picked out a few ornaments to give to my cousins. When we were checking out, an older CM was training a new CM how to properly wrap the ornaments and it was absolutely hilarious. She was awful, but he was so patient with her. Mom and I just stood there trying not to laugh hysterically. I think he felt bad that it was taking so long, but we could’ve watched them all day. Disney should really think about putting those two out in front of Test Track during its refurb. Watching him train her to do different things would be way more entertaining than an a cappella group singing “Car Wash” and banging on hubcaps.

Which, in case you’re not up on the latest in WDW entertainment, is a thing that’s currently happening.

But don’t worry if you can’t get to WDW between now and whenever Test Track reopens, folks, because my next trip report will certainly include footage of this mess. I’m the kind of person who loves to watch a good train wreck. ::yes::

UP NEXT: ADVENTURELAND! SCRATCHY, SCRATCHY!

Oh Kara. I don't usually say things like this b/c it sounds like BS, but really, my heart was aching reading this update. I don't think I've ever been more excited for one of my friends to go to Disney than I am for you to go next month. Not only do I know how much you are dying to go, I know what it's like to lose your dog, I know what it's like to spend a LOT of time sulking alone in the dark and I'm so happy you're going to get to escape all that soon.

DUDE. I always use the Mickey plates. I don't know why there are any other kind!

Oh man that food looks so good. Now I feel like going to IHOP tonight or something. Well, lbr, I feel like going to 1900 Park Fare, but it since that's 1,120 miles away and IHOP is 1 mile away.... IHOP it is. Sigh. BTW, I'm getting my license soon (and by soon I mean like... in a few months...did you ever end up getting yours? I can't remember. I am dreading the test. UGH stupid driving stupid judy stupid energy!!) and IDK what's going to stop me from driving to Disney every day. It takes 18 hours to get there but whatever I do not care. If I left right now I could make it for breakfast tomorrow at 1900 Park Fare. OK, I'm making an ADR right now. See you tomorrow, Disney! See how easy that is? Ugh.

Disney really needs to open an all-day breakfast location so I don’t have to choose between near empty parks with no waits and some of my favorite foods.

^THIS!! They need to at least have some Sunday brunches that go on until 4 or something.

LMAO @ your dismissing of the Mad Hatter. I'm over the character meal thing myself. Food is so much more important than characters. Well, it's more important than everything, but especially characters.

It smells like rich people and classiness in there, with a faint hint of John Stamos.

:laughing: If every word I said could make you laugh, i'd talk forever...whoooaaaohhhhohhh

I can't even talk about Monorail Voice Guy. I've held several candlelight vigils and I just can't.

Luke's purple shirt is snazzy. I feel we'd get along.

Sigh. I LOVE this picture http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz204/LittleMissCynic/July 2011 - Trip Report/837.jpg Liberty Square is underrated.

I'm sorry you were not really feeling being at Disney at this point, and I'm even more sorry you've had a rough year. It sounds like your upcoming trip is much needed! :hug:

Yay! I was so excited for your 1900 Park Fare review, because I'm taking my mom to breakfast there next month! Hmm...let's see...delicious food, and plates shaped like Mickey. Looks like I'll enjoy this place. I won't lie though, because I'm socially awkward I'm a little nervous about meeting the Mad Hatter. I wonder if he's ever made a grown woman cry, because it might definitely be happening.

HAHAHA thank you for not writing an overview of the Grand Floridian without mentioning John Stamos. This is the number one reason why I can't wait to go to the Grand Floridian. And if my mother thinks we won't be reenacting the DJ/Steve reunion scene when he trips over his duffel bag, she is sorely mistaken.

I'd like to draw your attention back to your Dapper Dan photograph. They look super adorable hanging out on the trolley, but what's up with that lady? :confused: She is standing literally centimeters away from the back of the trolley, and appears to be staring up at them, transfixed. Are they serenading her? Is she stalking them? Is she pushing the trolley down the street? I can't quite figure it out.

Hi Kara,
I'm sorry to hear that the mad hatter was so unforgiving with you. I would have thought that he would be more laid back being that he is mad and everything. The breakfast food looked quite good!
Looks like you will be on your way back to Disney soon. I hope you are ready to have a perfect and happy trip this year.

WHY DOES THAT OMELET LOOK SO GOOD!?!?! I need to go to 1900 PF for breakfast. Seriously, it looks amazing.

Hahaha I would SO be up for that picture. And dancing. Because truly, my dream in life is to be one of the trolley girls. Specifically the brunette one with pig tails and the predominantly blue outfit. I pretty much want to steal that current lady's job and outfit. Thank you very much.

I can’t imagine how hard it was with your dog. Trying to be happy at Disney must have been awful :sad1:

1900 Park Fare looks very good!

Who wouldn’t want a Mickey plate?!?!

I just watched the Full House Disney episode the other day. It never gets old.

WOOT! All caught up! *happy dance* Yup, that was necessary. Moving on...

Glad you got through the later point of your trip easily since this trip seemed to be a bumpy road. :thumbsup2 though to all the Pecos Bill food and going to Boma! I had a bad experience my first time at Pecos Bill's, but now I'm seeing some really good options... gotta make note of that :goodvibes And AKL just has such epic restaurants so Boma definitely has been added to my list of another one I must try :-) And I think I'm slowly getting drawn to Coronado, the Gelato... mmmmm...

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I honestly cannot wait for you to get your redemption trip. I feel like it'll be THAT MUCH BETTER because of how sad your last one was. SO excited for you! :woohoo:

Choose the Mickey plate. ALWAYS choose the Mickey plate. Good for you haha. Your food looks really good... and dare I say that the bacon actually looks edible? HOW ODD.

Oh yes, the first scent I pick up at the GF is definitely Stamos. Unmistakable.

Omg yes. I had no clue Pinocchio would be so sexy. Oh man... I miss that show and I have no clue why they think they can just TAKE IT OFF THE AIR for a few months. It's just mean.

Oh Kara. I don't usually say things like this b/c it sounds like BS, but really, my heart was aching reading this update. I don't think I've ever been more excited for one of my friends to go to Disney than I am for you to go next month. Not only do I know how much you are dying to go, I know what it's like to lose your dog, I know what it's like to spend a LOT of time sulking alone in the dark and I'm so happy you're going to get to escape all that soon.

DUDE. I always use the Mickey plates. I don't know why there are any other kind!

Oh man that food looks so good. Now I feel like going to IHOP tonight or something. Well, lbr, I feel like going to 1900 Park Fare, but it since that's 1,120 miles away and IHOP is 1 mile away.... IHOP it is. Sigh. BTW, I'm getting my license soon (and by soon I mean like... in a few months...did you ever end up getting yours? I can't remember. I am dreading the test. UGH stupid driving stupid judy stupid energy!!) and IDK what's going to stop me from driving to Disney every day. It takes 18 hours to get there but whatever I do not care. If I left right now I could make it for breakfast tomorrow at 1900 Park Fare. OK, I'm making an ADR right now. See you tomorrow, Disney! See how easy that is? Ugh.

^THIS!! They need to at least have some Sunday brunches that go on until 4 or something.

LMAO @ your dismissing of the Mad Hatter. I'm over the character meal thing myself. Food is so much more important than characters. Well, it's more important than everything, but especially characters.

:laughing: If every word I said could make you laugh, i'd talk forever...whoooaaaohhhhohhh

I can't even talk about Monorail Voice Guy. I've held several candlelight vigils and I just can't.

Luke's purple shirt is snazzy. I feel we'd get along.

Sigh. I LOVE this picture http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz204/LittleMissCynic/July 2011 - Trip Report/837.jpg Liberty Square is underrated.
Thanks, Lia! :hug: I can't believe my trip is so soon! I'm just so excited to finally put everything that happened last year behind me. At the same time, I'm also super nervous, though, which I hate. And it's not normal pre-trip anxiety, it's actual anxiety. I'm sure once I get there and get into the Disney mood, I'll be fine, but until then, I'll be lying awake at night terrified that I have some undiagnosed pre-existing medical condition that'll make itself known when I ride Space Mountain. Hypochondria is not fun.

HAHA I never did get my license. I was planning on doing it this summer (which I've said for like the past five summers), but it hasn't happened yet. I really need to learn how to do the things I say I'm going to do in a timely fashion.

A Sunday brunch would be so popular! I don't know why they don't do it.

Exactly. Character meals are fun, I guess, but my #1 priority is the food and the characters need to understand that. Especially before 9 AM. I need something in my stomach before I can do the whole 'playful interaction' thing.

I know. I'm hesitant to ride the monorail anymore because A) people keep saying it has been breaking down all the time and being stuck in a metal tube high up in the air is not my idea of fun and B) I don't want to lose Monorail Voice Guy. Riding it w/the new spiel makes the whole thing real. Boo.
I'm sorry you were not really feeling being at Disney at this point, and I'm even more sorry you've had a rough year. It sounds like your upcoming trip is much needed! :hug:

Yay! I was so excited for your 1900 Park Fare review, because I'm taking my mom to breakfast there next month! Hmm...let's see...delicious food, and plates shaped like Mickey. Looks like I'll enjoy this place. I won't lie though, because I'm socially awkward I'm a little nervous about meeting the Mad Hatter. I wonder if he's ever made a grown woman cry, because it might definitely be happening.

HAHAHA thank you for not writing an overview of the Grand Floridian without mentioning John Stamos. This is the number one reason why I can't wait to go to the Grand Floridian. And if my mother thinks we won't be reenacting the DJ/Steve reunion scene when he trips over his duffel bag, she is sorely mistaken.

I'd like to draw your attention back to your Dapper Dan photograph. They look super adorable hanging out on the trolley, but what's up with that lady? :confused: She is standing literally centimeters away from the back of the trolley, and appears to be staring up at them, transfixed. Are they serenading her? Is she stalking them? Is she pushing the trolley down the street? I can't quite figure it out.
Thanks! :goodvibes

I hope you and your mom enjoy 1900 Park Fare. It really was delicious! And don't worry about the Mad Hatter, I probably just met him on a bad day or something. You might want to avoid taking a bite of food if he's in the general vicinity though, just to be safe. :thumbsup2

I can't go to the Grand Floridian without thinking of Full House. Thankfully, I have a family who also can't go to the Grand Floridian without thinking of Full House. I don't know what I'd do without them.

:rotfl: If I'm remembering correctly, that woman was just standing there talking to them. I wasn't close enough to listen in on their conversation, but it seemed like they knew her and she wasn't just a crazy Dapper Dan fan.
Hi Kara,
I'm sorry to hear that the mad hatter was so unforgiving with you. I would have thought that he would be more laid back being that he is mad and everything. The breakfast food looked quite good!
Looks like you will be on your way back to Disney soon. I hope you are ready to have a perfect and happy trip this year.
I know, right? It surprised me. I would have expected it from Mary Poppins, but not from the Hatter. Strange.

WHY DOES THAT OMELET LOOK SO GOOD!?!?! I need to go to 1900 PF for breakfast. Seriously, it looks amazing.

Hahaha I would SO be up for that picture. And dancing. Because truly, my dream in life is to be one of the trolley girls. Specifically the brunette one with pig tails and the predominantly blue outfit. I pretty much want to steal that current lady's job and outfit. Thank you very much.
It was amazing! The omelets are all made-to-order and there were tons of "fillings" to choose from. It was wonderful.

My number one Disney dream job is the snake/girl in green in Festival of the Lion King, but being a trolley girl is a close second.
I can’t imagine how hard it was with your dog. Trying to be happy at Disney must have been awful :sad1:

1900 Park Fare looks very good!

Who wouldn’t want a Mickey plate?!?!

I just watched the Full House Disney episode the other day. It never gets old.
It was very difficult. Such an overwhelming mixture of emotions. Trying to have fun when your heart's just not in it doesn't really work well.

I know! I should have gotten the Mad Hatter to yell at everyone who took a regular plate.

It never does. :goodvibes
WOOT! All caught up! *happy dance* Yup, that was necessary. Moving on...

Glad you got through the later point of your trip easily since this trip seemed to be a bumpy road. :thumbsup2 though to all the Pecos Bill food and going to Boma! I had a bad experience my first time at Pecos Bill's, but now I'm seeing some really good options... gotta make note of that :goodvibes And AKL just has such epic restaurants so Boma definitely has been added to my list of another one I must try :-) And I think I'm slowly getting drawn to Coronado, the Gelato... mmmmm...

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum
Definitely try Boma. It's just so different than everything else WDW offers, so it's totally worth a stop. :thumbsup2

The Coronado gelato is worth a stop too, IMO. ;)
I honestly cannot wait for you to get your redemption trip. I feel like it'll be THAT MUCH BETTER because of how sad your last one was. SO excited for you! :woohoo:

Choose the Mickey plate. ALWAYS choose the Mickey plate. Good for you haha. Your food looks really good... and dare I say that the bacon actually looks edible? HOW ODD.

Oh yes, the first scent I pick up at the GF is definitely Stamos. Unmistakable.

Omg yes. I had no clue Pinocchio would be so sexy. Oh man... I miss that show and I have no clue why they think they can just TAKE IT OFF THE AIR for a few months. It's just mean.
Thanks, girl! We're all really excited to get back and put everything behind us. WDW is all about happy memories, not sad ones.

It wasn't just edible, it was delicious! I was impressed. Buffet bacon is usually terrible, but this was good.

I know. My Sunday nights aren't the same without Once Upon a Time. Lusting over Prince Charming is one of the highlights of my week. ;) They go back to filming next month though, so maybe they'll post pictures or something to tide us over.

Thanks, Lia! :hug: I can't believe my trip is so soon! I'm just so excited to finally put everything that happened last year behind me. At the same time, I'm also super nervous, though, which I hate. And it's not normal pre-trip anxiety, it's actual anxiety. I'm sure once I get there and get into the Disney mood, I'll be fine, but until then, I'll be lying awake at night terrified that I have some undiagnosed pre-existing medical condition that'll make itself known when I ride Space Mountain. Hypochondria is not fun.

HAHA I never did get my license. I was planning on doing it this summer (which I've said for like the past five summers), but it hasn't happened yet. I really need to learn how to do the things I say I'm going to do in a timely fashion.

A Sunday brunch would be so popular! I don't know why they don't do it.

Exactly. Character meals are fun, I guess, but my #1 priority is the food and the characters need to understand that. Especially before 9 AM. I need something in my stomach before I can do the whole 'playful interaction' thing.

I know. I'm hesitant to ride the monorail anymore because A) people keep saying it has been breaking down all the time and being stuck in a metal tube high up in the air is not my idea of fun and B) I don't want to lose Monorail Voice Guy. Riding it w/the new spiel makes the whole thing real. Boo.

Ahhhh anxiety. I'm not gonna tell you to try and relax b/c I HATE when people tell me that. Like yeah if I could just stop thinking about everything then I simply would do that and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sigh. But I mean, it has to help that you know in a couple weeks you'll be standing in front of the castle. :cloud9: Le sigh. So jealous. But so happy for you!

Oh lord I did NOT know the monorail has been breaking down a lot. *** is going on! Seriously. They need to sort that out before you get there. Sheesh!!!!!

Hi Kara!!

I just stumbled onto your TR and I LOVED it! The 90s/early 2000s references made my day!

Aarons Party, Full House and Albus Severus Potter - you're my disboards BFF! Seriously hilarious. You have a great style of writing and I thoroughly enjoyed all of your TR, you even made the normally boring safari pictures interesting, no easy feat ;) I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog, that was devastating I'm sure. Please keep writing TRs, I'm looking forward to them! :)

Ahhhh anxiety. I'm not gonna tell you to try and relax b/c I HATE when people tell me that. Like yeah if I could just stop thinking about everything then I simply would do that and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sigh. But I mean, it has to help that you know in a couple weeks you'll be standing in front of the castle. :cloud9: Le sigh. So jealous. But so happy for you!

Oh lord I did NOT know the monorail has been breaking down a lot. *** is going on! Seriously. They need to sort that out before you get there. Sheesh!!!!!
Thanks, Lia! And yeah, I don't know what's up with all the monorail breakdowns. Don't they know I'm coming and everything needs to be perfect for me? You're Queen of the Polynesian, do you think you have any pull over the monorail? ;)
Hi Kara!!

I just stumbled onto your TR and I LOVED it! The 90s/early 2000s references made my day!

Aarons Party, Full House and Albus Severus Potter - you're my disboards BFF! Seriously hilarious. You have a great style of writing and I thoroughly enjoyed all of your TR, you even made the normally boring safari pictures interesting, no easy feat ;) I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved dog, that was devastating I'm sure. Please keep writing TRs, I'm looking forward to them! :)
WELCOME! And thank you! I'm basically a living, breathing 90s/early 00s reference. Thankfully there are people out there who find that charming. :laughing:

JULY 8TH PART TWO: THE END
Well, folks, this is it. The not-so-thrilling finale to our July 2011 adventure. We laughed, we cried, we cried again, and then we stopped crying and just didn’t care about anything anymore. Ah, depression.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me, you guys! It still baffles me that there are people out there who enjoy reading my crazed Disney vacation ramblings. Don’t get me wrong, I’m incredibly glad you’re here because sharing vacation memories with a wall or something isn’t nearly as fun as sharing them with actual people, but I don’t know how y’all put up with me. I can barely put up with myself. ;)

Seriously though, I am truly grateful for each and every one of you. Your lovely comments never fail to put a smile on my face. Writing this was one heck of an emotional rollercoaster, but knowing that you guys enjoy my writing and that I can, in turn, bring a smile to all of your faces is what keeps me postings these things. And let’s all keep our fingers crossed that my next trip report (which I’ll be starting in a few weeks omg) will be ALL FUN, ALL THE TIME. This one’s had enough depressing stuff to last a lifetime.

[SIDENOTE: I’ll probably put together a little PTR post before I leave, but in case I forget, if you’re on Twitter, you can follow along with my vacation adventures there. I’m @lilmisscynic. I know several of you already follow me, but I just thought I’d let everyone else know.]

Now, dim the lights, grab your popcorn, and settle in for the conclusion of “I Knew There Was a Reason Why I’ve Always Hated My Birthday”.

After Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, we headed to Adventureland for some more last minute shopping. It’s become tradition that I buy one of those ‘Good Luck’ anklets from Island Supply Company, wear it for the rest of the summer and wait for it to fall off on its own so it will bring me good luck, get super annoyed by it when it gets cooler and it’s time to pull out the skinny jeans, continue hoping it will fall off on its own because I WANT THAT STINKIN’ LUCK, and, ultimately, get so frustrated with the thing that I cut it off around mid-October, luck be damned.

It’s the circle of anklet life. And it moves us all.

Here are some pictures of our journey into the jungle:
842.jpg

I liked the old sign/bridge better. I’m sure it was a nightmare pushing strollers/wheelchairs over the hump, so I understand why they flattened it, but still, I miss it.

844.jpg

845.jpg

846.jpg

Do you think they’d let me move in here? I’m a really good renter. I don’t host wild and crazy parties, I can cook without the smoke alarm going off, and I won’t, like, walk out on the balcony naked or anything. Call me, Disney!

After shopping, Katie and Wade met back up with us. They (and my mom) decided to go up in the Swiss Family Treehouse. Dad and I sat on a bench. And took pictures. Because that’s what we do. I’m only going to post a couple though, because they got rather repetitive.

851.jpg

852.jpg

When the rest of the gang returned from the Treehouse, we decided it was time to head out. Of course, as soon as I saw Aloha Isle, I realized I never had the Dole Whip Float I swore I’d try, so I made everyone stop while I ran over and got one. I love that ice cream before noon is a totally normal thing at WDW.

855.jpg

I ate half of it and passed the rest off to Dad. Aren’t dads wonderful for that sorta thing? I mean, it was delicious, but very acid-y thanks to the orange/pineapple combo. There was no way I could have finished it on my own.

While we were walking down Main Street, Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! passed by. I had “HEYYYYYY GET UPPPPPPPP GET LOUUUUUUUUUD START PUMPING UP THE PARTY NOW” stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Oh, who am I kidding, that song will be stuck in my head for the rest of eternity.

DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO JOIN THE CELEBRATION
IT’S TIME TO SEEEEEIZE THE DAAAAAYAAAAAYAAAAAYYYYYYYY

873.jpg

874.jpg

875.jpg

877.jpg

878.jpg

As I mentioned before, leaving Disney is typically a traumatic experience for me. I usually feel like throwing a fit because it’s not fair that I can’t just live at Disney World forever with my best friends Mickey and Minnie. Many a tear is shed and I stomp around like a five year old who’s been told she can’t have dessert.

However, on this trip, I walked right out of the park without even thinking about it. I was emotionally numb. It was weird.

We opted to take the boat back over to the Grand Floridian to get our car. Our boat captain reminded us that a space shuttle was scheduled to launch any minute, so we stood out on the GF dock for a bit to see if we could see it. Unfortunately, it was too cloudy, so I took some pictures of my precious, brain-killing-amoeba-filled Seven Seas Lagoon instead.

885.jpg

887.jpg

888.jpg

889.jpg

890.jpg

We walked back through the lobby, so I got another whiff of the Stamos. And took a few more random pictures.

897.jpg

898.jpg

899.jpg

901.jpg

It's a very pretty place.

We made the trek back to guest parking and crammed the new purchases into the trunk.

As you can see, it was quite full.
902.jpg

Then we all piled into the car, attempted to get comfortable for the 90 minute drive to my grandmother’s house, and headed out. For the first time in my life – and hopefully the only time in my life – I wasn’t exactly sad about leaving Walt Disney World. Tears weren’t streaming down my face. I didn’t whisper “Goodbye Disney World” like I always do. Seeing the “real” world again was actually strangely comforting. I didn’t feel like I had to pretend to be happy anymore. So I didn’t. It was a relief.

Ugh, again, leaving Disney isn’t supposed to be a relief. Losing a beloved pet clearly sent me into some sort of opposite universe. Thank god I’ll be back “home” soon. I have a lot of wrongs to right. And a lot of Mickey Rice Krispy Treats to eat. And a lot of behinds to kick on Toy Story Mania. And a lot of corny jokes to laugh at. And a lot of hot World Showcase CMs to lust over. And a lot of giraffes to befriend. And a lot of beautiful smells to smell. And a lot of grilled meat to devour at ‘Ohana. And a lot of fireworks to tear up over.

I MISS YOU DISNEY WORLD!!!

I’m ready to be happy again. :upsidedow

Aww Kara :hug: You're so cute. It was an honor to follow along on your trip report! Even though it was sad, I always looked forward to hearing about it. You truly have the ability to write about Disney in a way that makes it enjoyable, no matter what you were doing. I'm so sorry that you had to go through so much sadness, but I wish you only the absolute best on your trip coming up! I have a feeling that it is going to be wonderful, and I am SO incredibly excited for you! I'm really looking forward to the tweets! :goodvibes

LOL how appropriate... my Adventureland Loop music is playing in the background right now and you have a picture of the beloved Adventureland sign. Perfect!

I wonder if that little apartment looking building actually has rooms in it! It's really pretty!

My favorite combo for dole whips is the vanilla and pineapple. The sweet balances out the acid. :thumbsup2

LOL "a whiff of the Stamos." :rotfl:

AWWW that was a beautiful ending. You have NO idea how happy I am for you! Let the happiness and fun times begin! Don't let anything get you down - you are starting fresh on this trip and you are going to have an AMAZING time! :wizard:

Believe me, it's been a pleasure to read about your trip and I feel like it was really brave of your to share it for all it was and was not. Your next trip will be epic JUST BECAUSE.

Is it weird that I immediately heard the Adventureland area music when I saw the picture of the bridge. Good grief. It wasn't even on purpose. It was just suddenly in my head.

Some of the songs they play in the Move It Shake It is annoying (ugh, Hannah Montana, I still don't know why it exists) but I love the hats and accessories the characters wear. I'm in love with Minnie's bow! It's too cute!

Happiness is just around the corner! :wizard:

Your last day was our first day in July. ;)

I loved reading along on your TR and can't wait to read along on your next one. :goodvibes

Kara, my dear, you were such a trooper with this whole trip report. I'm really very proud of you. I can't wait for you to go in like LESS THAN TWO WEEKS and get your ROTCOMS on. :lmao:

And yes, ice cream is acceptable at any time of day.

Love the Stamos whiff. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter