I Kicked it I Played it and now..Wheeling & Dealing at the WL final 9/9 p87/88

Great pictures of MK at night!

I just love fireworks pictures :cloud9: especially since we didn't hit up any nighttime shows due to the weather while we were there :mad:

I love HM! During our last trip our doom buggy got stuck right infront of the bride and I said " I have to get good pictures for Mary Ellen!" I know how hard you tried for the perfect bride shot on your last trip so I hope you got one later on!

I never thought to watch Wishes from the train platform, what a great spot! Was the train still running after the fireworks? that would be easier than trying to bob and weave in and out of all the people running fot he exits :)

Great pictures of MK at night!

I just love fireworks pictures :cloud9: especially since we didn't hit up any nighttime shows due to the weather while we were there :mad:

I love HM! During our last trip our doom buggy got stuck right infront of the bride and I said " I have to get good pictures for Mary Ellen!" I know how hard you tried for the perfect bride shot on your last trip so I hope you got one later on!

Seriously - you got stuck in front of the bride????? That happened to Paula (aka Iluvcrush). Then she was scrambling for her camera. I can't wait to see what you got!

I was there for the fireworks one evening in November when it was cold enough for gloves. Nice thing about was - a lot of people left the parks or never ventured in.

I never thought to watch Wishes from the train platform, what a great spot! Was the train still running after the fireworks? that would be easier than trying to bob and weave in and out of all the people running fot he exits :)

The train platform can be an excellent spot if you get there early enough and are positioned front and center. I, however, was positioned to the left and behind people. Someday I will arrive early!!!!

The train stops running before the fireworks. I don't know how far in advance, but it definitely does not run during Wishes. However, for something different I recommend riding Big Thunder Mtn during the fireworks. That is so fun in the dark with the fireworks bursting overhead.

Yeay for meeting with Tracy!!! Great picture of the two of you! :goodvibes

The fireworks pictures are great! :thumbsup2

Meeting Tracy was great. I know what everyone else looks like, but she was a mystery! :laughing:

Glad you like the pics!

What time are you driving by exit 135?

Not sure yet. If we leave at 9am would that be around 11:30am? Oh goody....can we arrange another creepy internet meet? :rotfl2:

I want to leave in the morning and get up there (NY) well before rush hour. I still haven't recovered from my Friday afternoon drive to Richmond this past March! :scared1: That was horrendous! I am leaving as soon as my son is up and ready to go. He is staying home from school that day so our departure time is flexible.

Great updates MEK!!! Loved them!!!!

Don't you just love a great DISmeet!! So much fun!!!!

Awwww...my beloved HM....Happy haunts, what wonderful words! No worries I don't take pictures inside of there anytime LOL! I love to just sit back and let the experience wave over me!!!!!

Such gorgeous pics!! Really enjoyed them!

Ellen are you planning another GS rest stop meet? :rotfl2:
I think the real Saratoga Springs is about 2 hours from me...one of my nieces lives right outside of Albany also :goodvibes
It was so nice to finally meet you ME!!! It was so funny because I knew what you looked like and saw you heading into the blue room! :rotfl2:
I had the filet too that night (one of 3 I had that week :scared:) I had a wonderful raspberry cocktail...I don't remember what it was but it had lychee in it and was sooooo tasty...I also ended up finishing Sue's drink too....that happened several times throughout the week :rolleyes1
Great fireworks and castle pictures....I love the way you are playing around with the settings on your camera. :thumbsup2
Almost time to "see" you again on Main Street :goodvibes

Tracy

Great update, Ellen. Love the picture of you and Manntra together as well as all of the MK evening pictures.

Great updates MEK!!! Loved them!!!!

Don't you just love a great DISmeet!! So much fun!!!!

Awwww...my beloved HM....Happy haunts, what wonderful words! No worries I don't take pictures inside of there anytime LOL! I love to just sit back and let the experience wave over me!!!!!

Such gorgeous pics!! Really enjoyed them!

Thanks Jen! I really did enjoy meeting Tracy! It's so cool to meet people that you talk to all the time on the internet. You don't know exactly what their voice is going to sound like, but their personality comes through so well even before you meet them.

Ellen are you planning another GS rest stop meet? :rotfl2:
I think the real Saratoga Springs is about 2 hours from me...one of my nieces lives right outside of Albany also :goodvibes

That's right! I forgot you lived somewhere in the middle of the state. NY state is so big its like a country compared to Delaware. I am curious to see the real Saratoga Springs.....that is if I get a change between soccer games. Still no schedule yet.

It was so nice to finally meet you ME!!! It was so funny because I knew what you looked like and saw you heading into the blue room! :rotfl2:
I had the filet too that night (one of 3 I had that week :scared:) I had a wonderful raspberry cocktail...I don't remember what it was but it had lychee in it and was sooooo tasty...I also ended up finishing Sue's drink too....that happened several times throughout the week :rolleyes1

It was great to meet you, too!! I remember you having to pick up the slack on all those left over cocktails! You definitely earned your slushy lushy badge this trip. I hope I can earn mine NEXT TRIP! :laughing:

..I love the way you are playing around with the settings on your camera. :thumbsup2
Almost time to "see" you again on Main Street :goodvibes

Tracy

I am actually doing most of the picture changes with the editing features that came on this Mac. I bet if I had the newest version of i photo it would be even easier and better to use.

The Mac is great for this TR. Its so seamless to move from one "window" to the next and the photobucket downloads are going well. I guess they aren't called windows are they? LOL

anyway - I had a problem with the mac about a month after I got it and I wanted to kick myself for not buying a new one. But the applecare covered everything and it works great now. There was actually a problem with the keyboard piece and they replaced the whole thing. Customer service was amazing. I will definitely go with Apple in the future for a mac or for a desk top. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the customer service.

Great update, Ellen. Love the picture of you and Manntra together as well as all of the MK evening pictures.

Thanks. I loved meeting Tracy! And now the Dismoms aren't too far behind!

After we road the HM we strolled down Main St. But before hitting the main drag, Cathy and I had to do a Christmas store drive by. Hey - it was hot out and the decorations were calling for our attention.

Not the greatest pictures, but who doesn't love matching Mickey and Minnie socks?:

IMG_2975.jpg

Or a Mickey Ears Christmas ornament:

IMG_2978.jpg

Wallets in check we walked past the castle. I obviously had on the wrong lens - hence the 1/2 castle shots.....

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

We just hit the hub when I got a text message from Ellen saying that she and the "moms" had arrived. Still, it took several messages to locate her. I think we were both staring at our phones so much we almost ran into each other. Tracy also received the text message alert that Ellen and the "moms" had arrived. So there we were - one big happy creepy internet family of DISmoms and Disfriends. I handed Denny my camera and requested, "Picture Please". Sorry folks, this was the best he could do.....

IMG_2993.jpg

Now, it is me or does the castle look like it is growing out of Ellen's head???????:rotfl: Or maybe she always gives off that special glow whenever she goes to Disney!

So from left to right we have LovinLife (Pam), Yours Truly, Cammie, Ellen, wannabeadismom (Joan), Tracy, Karajeboo (Kara).

Here we are again with some crafty photo editing. I was hoping to go retro and take the blur out of the pic:

IMG_2992.jpg

It didn't work! And those pics don't include the several I deleted which were just huge blobs of blur.

Well, the "moms" and tracy were off to ride some rides. But my roommates were ready to go home. I got my second wind as soon as I saw all those lovely ladies together having such an awesome time. I debated internally, even gazed at the clock on Main Street thinking "they won't miss me if I only stay an hour" (right), but decided that it would be totally rude to bail on chuck, cathy, and denny on our first night there.

Picture a devil and an angel above my head.....got that mental picture.....NOW replace that picture with fun, laughing Dismoms and creepy internet friends on one side and Chuck, Cathy, & Denny heading off to bed on the other side. :confused3 You know what direction I wanted to go. You don't even have to think twice about that.

But I said my good byes and went back to the villas. In all my excitement to see the "moms", I forgot that I had wanted to stop in the mainstreet bakery and get some yummy treats for breakfast. Dang!

So our first night gone....we climbed into our cozy beds at the VWL and fell asleep in 30 seconds flat!:cloud9:

Up Next......Our Magical Morning at the MK!

Love the firework pictures!

Don't you just love MK at night!! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about those Christmas stores calling your name..it happens to me too! :lmao:

Cannot wait for more!

Love the update. Don't you just love DIS meets? We met several DIS members last year and might even have the Food Queen of the DIS boards with us on our trip this September.

Hey....that would have been a good title for my trip report. As you can tell, I have been trying to come up with a theme. I started with Kickin it at Kidani, ate my way through Playin it at Pop, and for this TR I needed to come up with a verb that started with a W. I thought of everything - wishing, wondering, wandering, wallowing, whispering. Nothing seemed to work, so I finally settled on Wheeling because there were a ton of strollers inhabiting the WL. More than I care to remember. I saw strollers in every imaginable design, color, and configuration. There certainly were lots of moms and dads wheeling their way through the lodge that week.

So I struggled and struggled for a TR title starting with a W verb and I could have simply used Waking Up at the Wilderness Lodge. Is it too late to change my TR title??????

And waking up we did. I was still in work mode, so my internal clock got me up at 6:15am. I wanted to sleep a bit longer, but why bother. I mean, really, we're at Disney.....time to rise and shine!!!!!!!

The sun was still behind the clouds and it looked a tad overcast. But it was really hard to tell what it was like outside because I could see was the trees. I sat on the balcony with my coffee (yes - REAL coffee Cynthia) and gazed upon the evergreens. I said to Denny, "I could almost pretend I am in New England or in the mountains out west". To that he replied, "maybe, if it wasn't for that trash compactor noise". :laughing: He was right. I could hear the dull roar of a trash compactor off in the distance. Denny, that darn realist. I was in full Disney mode. Was it necessary for him to break my trance???

I straightened up the living room, changed my lens, and took a few pictures of the villa:

IMG_3001JPG.jpg

IMG_2995JPG.jpg

IMG_2994JPG.jpg

IMG_2998JPG.jpg

IMG_2999JPG.jpg

IMG_3000JPG.jpg

I spent more time here than I care to admit.........

IMG_2997JPG.jpg

Here are a few outside pics:

A neighboring villa:

IMG_3007JPG.jpg

The brick outside of the villa:

IMG_3008JPG.jpg

The view down from the 5th floor balcony:

IMG_3005JPG.jpg

Oh, Look....I even have a picture of the window sill!

IMG_3009JPG.jpg

Staring down from the balcony.....

IMG_3006JPG.jpg

Coffee down the hatch, pictures taken, Chuck up to watch the news with Denny, I decided to go running. I knew there was a path from the WL to Fort Wilderness and I really wanted to find it. The dirt trail started near Bay Lake at the boat rental area. I followed the path around the lake. It was very deserted back there and once the trees cleared I had an amazing view of Bay Lake, the Contemporary, and BLT. The trail forked and to the right was a sign that said "Nature Trail". I ignored that and kept running along the lake until I got to a sign that said "Cast members only". Drat. I was forced to hang a right to a smaller trail which lead me to a road. I figured one way had to be the campground. But I got myself all turned around and I ended up running back to the lodge. Doh! I ended up by the bus stop. I had barely run over a mile so I was forced to run back between the villas and the lodge and back to the original trail. Once I felt like I had a decent run I headed back to the resort.

I figured it might be smart to stop at Roaring Forks and check out the breakfast items. I wanted to bring back some muffins/pastries with our snack coupons. I picked out 4 things that I hoped everyone would like. When I got back the folks were on their second pot of coffee and we shared some high sugar breakfast.

Once showered and dressed I was pretty much ready to head into the MK. I didn't care if I was there for rope drop, but I was kind-of hoping that we would be out the door by 9am. No such luck. Cathy and Chuck were not in sight, so by 9:10am I told Denny I was going out to take some pics while I waited. I took quite a few. Does that give you an idea of how long I waited? :rolleyes1

IMG_3014JPG.jpg

IMG_3022JPG.jpg

IMG_3025JPG.jpg

IMG_3020JPG.jpg

IMG_3228JPG.jpg

IMG_3026JPG.jpg

IMG_3036JPG.jpg

IMG_3063JPG.jpg

IMG_3012JPG.jpg

So - How long did I have to wait before we left for the MK? Is the boat really better than the bus?

You went running while on vacation?! You go girl! :worship:

Yikes - looks like you waited quite awhile for your travel companions to be ready to go.....not sure how well I would have handled that :headache:

Sorry you weren't able to hang out for long with your creepy internet friends :laughing: Sleeping at Disney?! What were they thinking? You crash in the middle of the week not at the beginning ;)

Such gorgeous pictures of VWL! I love the furnishings in the room!

I can't wait for more beautiful pictures!

Your Dis meet looks like it was a lot of fun! :)

Love the pics around the WL :thumbsup2 That resort is so beautiful!

I have to say I am almost compulsive about making rope drop so waiting on the others would have driven me nuts!

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

You are a terrific hostess to listen to the "angel" side-- can't say I would have done the same and left MK so early on my first night!!
Beautiful WL pictures-- I am so excited to stay there! I hope you didn't have to wait TOO long, though!

Love the firework pictures!

Don't you just love MK at night!! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about those Christmas stores calling your name..it happens to me too! :lmao:

Cannot wait for more!

What is it about a Christmas store????? It can be 90 degrees without a cloud in the ski and everybody loves a Christmas store! I have definitely scaled back on my Christmas purchases, but I can't resist Disney items! :laughing:

Love the update. Don't you just love DIS meets? We met several DIS members last year and might even have the Food Queen of the DIS boards with us on our trip this September.

Love Dismeets - it is so fun to meet up with people who "get it"! It's a bond! Oooooohhhhhhh - How exciting - meeting up with the Food Queen! When is your September trip? I will be there Sept 12 - 16th (hopefully longer :laughing:)

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! You did an awesome job.

Thanks! :thumbsup2 The camera is really great for scenery shots and so easy to edit!

You went running while on vacation?! You go girl! :worship:

I always try to go running on vacation. Even when my legs are stiff and my feet have blisters. Yes - I am into self inflicted torture, but I really enjoy the solitude of an early morning run. It's a good way for me to start the day.

Yikes - looks like you waited quite awhile for your travel companions to be ready to go.....not sure how well I would have handled that :headache:

I knew my friends weren't gonna go kamakazee into the parks. That's OK, but I did start to get antsy and finally called DH and said I was leaving! :laughing:

Sorry you weren't able to hang out for long with your creepy internet friends :laughing: Sleeping at Disney?! What were they thinking? You crash in the middle of the week not at the beginning ;)

Such gorgeous pictures of VWL! I love the furnishings in the room!

I can't wait for more beautiful pictures!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I did really want to go ride some rides with my creepy internet friends! But a low key first night was OK. We actually didn't get to sleep until midnight, so that's not too bad for us "old farts".

Glad you like the pics and the VWL room. It was a neat place - different from all the other resorts.

Your Dis meet looks like it was a lot of fun! :)

Love the pics around the WL :thumbsup2 That resort is so beautiful!

I have to say I am almost compulsive about making rope drop so waiting on the others would have driven me nuts!

Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

Glad you like the pics. It is a beautiful resort - so different in feel from all the others.

I am not compulsive about rope drop, but I like to be there right after the rop drop great disperses. So I was OK with not being there at 9am, but I really wanted to stroll in around 915pm. It didn't happen - in fact it didn't happen all week until the day I went to HS by myself.

You are a terrific hostess to listen to the "angel" side-- can't say I would have done the same and left MK so early on my first night!!
Beautiful WL pictures-- I am so excited to stay there! I hope you didn't have to wait TOO long, though!

Yes - that's me ...always listening to the angel! :rotfl:

Glad you like the WL pics. I will definitely post more, since I took a ton while waiting. I actually saw the geyser go off, so that means I must have left the room around 850am! Got my times a little confused. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter