I Kicked it I Played it and now..Wheeling & Dealing at the WL final 9/9 p87/88

Nice update and AWESOME pictures. You can't really call the "keys" lost because you DID find them...unlike the DL that Denny lost. ;)

Losing a room key in a backpack is totally something that I would do. I feel your pain.

The alcohol has been brought out. WOO HOO!! ;)

Joining in here!! Love it so far, can't wait to read/see more. Sorry you were ill before your trip. I have a friend that is a nurse and she just had the same thing a couple of weeks ago! She said it was AWFUL and she hated every minute of her hospital stay also. Now, I'll sit back and patiently wait for more. popcorn::

Hi Mary Ellen!

We were at the WL at the same as you!! I will be looking for myself in the backgrounds of your pictures. :lmao:

Btw, your pictures are terrific and you are a such a talented writer. Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

Arriving at the WL- hooray! I have mixed feelings on staying there. I love the resort, love the pool and the lobby... but DVC there is not that appealing to me. I am excited to see the pics of the inside though. I still cannot figure out the dedicated versus lock-off, which is better... if there is one that is better.

WOOT!! You have arrived at WL!! I loved the scenic pictures of the view from your room!!! Very nice!!

Okay I sat here and chuckled for awhile as I pictured in my head the scene of you looking for your keys! Not that I would wish that situation on anyone, but the way you wrote it was a hoot!!!! Glad you found them!!!!

Hmmmm...the Wave, does this mean food pics!! I hope so!! Can't wait to see what you had for dinner!

Aggggg, sorry about the keys! I can just see all of your purse and backback posessions rolling around the parking lot :laughing:

I've read before that the WL rooms are in desperate need of an update. At least it was clean, and your view looked nice!

Once upon a time, at a Friendly's 2 1/2 hours away, there was a DISmeet of two creepy internet friends....:upsidedow One, who had to drive home to NJ from NC with her two silly boys:drive:, and another, who had an unplanned and unfortunate date with the Porcelain god who requested she become his queen......
:crazy2:
2010_0423easterobx0062.jpg

MEK, it's always a pleasure to meet you!! Again and again and SURPRISE! again!! You are just as lovely and kind as everyone here imagines- maybe even nicer than that!! Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day before Easter to meet with us- it was great! :dance3:

I'm so sorry you were disappointed in the villa's interior, I know how much you were looking forward to VWL! Hopefully the rest of the resort did not disappoint.

Once upon a time, at a Friendly's 2 1/2 hours away, there was a DISmeet of two creepy internet friends....:upsidedow One, who had to drive home to NJ from NC with her two silly boys:drive:, and another, who had an unplanned and unfortunate date with the Porcelain god who requested she become his queen......
:crazy2:

MEK, it's always a pleasure to meet you!! Again and again and SURPRISE! again!! You are just as lovely and kind as everyone here imagines- maybe even nicer than that!! Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day before Easter to meet with us- it was great! :dance3:

FUN pic!

Nice update and great resort pics! :thumbsup2 You definitely got the hang of that new camera! :)

Oh my goodness, Mary Ellen! I can just picture you dumping the contents of your purse and backpack all over the Wilderness Lodge parking lot. :laughing: I am glad you finally found the keys!

I have to admit that the few pictures I have seen of the WL rooms and the DVC units don't excite me all that much -- cabin decor is so not me, but the view from your master bedroom looks deliciously relaxing! :goodvibes

Haha I love the line about faster than a dollar bill in a strip club you are a great writer!

Glad you found the keys!

Beautiful view!

Can't wait to hear about your dismeet!

Thanks Caitlin. I am taking writing lessons from DizneyDawn and Podsnel. They have the most humorous trip reports.

Dismeet coming up in next installment!

[/QUOTE]
Nice update and AWESOME pictures. You can't really call the "keys" lost because you DID find them...unlike the DL that Denny lost. ;)

:rotfl: Good point!!!!!!!! :rotfl: Glad you like the pics. Better ones are coming on Day 2.

Losing a room key in a backpack is totally something that I would do. I feel your pain.

The alcohol has been brought out. WOO HOO!! ;)

Actually I wasn't thinking that all you guys with the fancy backpacks and park bags would never have lost their keys that quickly!

Alcohol always tastes better in a Disney glass. :laughing:Even if it's a plastic glass.

Hi Mary Ellen!!! I went looking for you!!!! So glad I found you! Great so far...waiting for more!

Welcome Erin! :cool1: So glad to have you along for this TR. Is your TR still alive and well. I'll head over there this morning to see what's cooking!

Joining in here!! Love it so far, can't wait to read/see more. Sorry you were ill before your trip. I have a friend that is a nurse and she just had the same thing a couple of weeks ago! She said it was AWFUL and she hated every minute of her hospital stay also. Now, I'll sit back and patiently wait for more. popcorn::

Welcome Isahw6! :cool1: So happy to have you joining in. Really????? Your friend was hospitalized with the Evil "D". Oh My! I hated being in the hospital, but at least when you work somewhere, everyone is super nice to you. I even had a coworker sneak me food before they changed my diet status. :laughing:

Hi Mary Ellen!

We were at the WL at the same as you!! I will be looking for myself in the backgrounds of your pictures. :lmao:

Btw, your pictures are terrific and you are a such a talented writer. Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

Welcome Cinderella16! :cool1: Thanks for joining in! What did you think of the Wilderness Lodge????? Did you love it? I was suprised how many people were there. Not too many people, but definately a well populated week. I am curious as to what the occupancy level was.

Thanks for the compliment about my writing. I appreciate that!

Arriving at the WL- hooray! I have mixed feelings on staying there. I love the resort, love the pool and the lobby... but DVC there is not that appealing to me. I am excited to see the pics of the inside though. I still cannot figure out the dedicated versus lock-off, which is better... if there is one that is better.

That's funny because my coworker said the same thing. She feels like the DVC villas were an "after-thought". I actually liked the villas. I didnt like the decor as much as Kidani or SSR, but once I took the tour and they explained why the villas were styled in such a manner, I appreciated them so much more.

I think the dedicated is best when traveling with the kids, but the lock-off was perfect when traveling with another adult couple.

WOOT!! You have arrived at WL!! I loved the scenic pictures of the view from your room!!! Very nice!!

The view from the room was lovely. I told Denny that I could pretend that I was in the mountains somewhere. His reply was, "Yeah, except for the sound of that trash compactor in the distance". :laughing:

Okay I sat here and chuckled for awhile as I pictured in my head the scene of you looking for your keys! Not that I would wish that situation on anyone, but the way you wrote it was a hoot!!!! Glad you found them!!!!

Let's just say that it was as bad as the time I dropped my backpack getting off spaceship earth and all my water bottles went rolling around the platform and LJ almost stuck his fingers in the grate to retrieve them. Actually, come to think of it....it probably looked worse. :rotfl:

Hmmmm...the Wave, does this mean food pics!! I hope so!! Can't wait to see what you had for dinner!

I have a confession to make - I did not take a lot of food pictures. I will explain why in the next update! :sad2:

Aggggg, sorry about the keys! I can just see all of your purse and backback posessions rolling around the parking lot :laughing:

All I can say was I probably looked like a junkie with all those pills rolling around on the asphalt. Not one of my finer moments! And it was only Day1 :lmao:

I've read before that the WL rooms are in desperate need of an update. At least it was clean, and your view looked nice!

I don't know about the lodge rooms, but some of the furnishings (tables especially) were a bit scarred and worn. I also think that country cabin is not in style anymore, so it makes the rooms look more worn. I bet this is a creative way to redo those rooms and still keep with in the parameters of the time frame. The villas are supposed to be modeled after 1790's furnishings, so that's tough!

MEK, it's always a pleasure to meet you!! Again and again and SURPRISE! again!! You are just as lovely and kind as everyone here imagines- maybe even nicer than that!! Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day before Easter to meet with us- it was great! :

OMG Ellen.....Are we really two creepy internet friends????? That was "laugh out loud" funny! I do remember telling you that I was going to smile in the picture, but instead I look a little ill! :lmao: It must have been an offering to that porcelain god that I was getting ready to meet later in the evening.:sick:

Ditto regarding meeting you! It was so fun to meet you and I can't say enough about how sweet and polite your boys were. Totally tolerant of the creepy internet meeting! :laughing:

CQDstripclubbing.gif

I don't understand the correlation......:confused3

Shocker - She beat me too it! But I'll post it anyway .....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

I'm so sorry you were disappointed in the villa's interior, I know how much you were looking forward to VWL! Hopefully the rest of the resort did not disappoint.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed, because I knew what to expect from the pictures. I just didn't care for the interior as much as Kidani and SSR. It would still be super cool for Christmas and I bet when they redo the rooms they will be awesome!

Thanks!!!!!!

Nice update and great resort pics! :thumbsup2 You definitely got the hang of that new camera!

Thanks Dawn. There are some really cool features to this camera. It's so easy to point and shot and get what you want....FAST! The hard part is having the multiple lenses. I never seemed to have the right lense at the right time and I was always nervous about losing the caps. But despite that, I love the camera. No regrets!

Oh my goodness, Mary Ellen! I can just picture you dumping the contents of your purse and backpack all over the Wilderness Lodge parking lot. :laughing: I am glad you finally found the keys!

It was not a very pretty sight. It reminded me of the Day 3 meltdown that cast members so frequently observe, except it was only Day 1. No surprise where my son got his ADD traits! :rotfl:

I have to admit that the few pictures I have seen of the WL rooms and the DVC units don't excite me all that much -- cabin decor is so not me, but the view from your master bedroom looks deliciously relaxing!

It's definitely not the decor for everyone, but I just know the new update will probably be excellent. I've seen some really cool decor in some of the ski houses I have stayed in in Utah and upstate NY, so I know "cabin chic" exists. Boy would I love to have carte blanche to decorate those villas!

Yeah! so i am late again. I found yours looking for Ellen's TR. I rarely ever come over to this board cause i don't get anything accomplished when i'm home. I read TR's all day long. :lmao: I really kinda wish that ya'll would link them to the DVC board for people like me.;) I can totally relate with the ADHD. Youngest is now on meds during school and has made our lives so much easier with homework.

Sorry you got the dreaded evil "D". Did they put you in iso? We do all the time at my hospital but luckily i don't deal with it much on my floor as we are surigical. :eek:

Ready for more so i won't get anything done. Alas, i hear laundry calling me now.;)

Wow, your pictures are gorgeous!! That shot of the Grand Floridian is just beautiful!

Tinks "SS";36687793 said:
Yeah! so i am late again. I found yours looking for Ellen's TR. I rarely ever come over to this board cause i don't get anything accomplished when i'm home. I read TR's all day long. :lmao: I really kinda wish that ya'll would link them to the DVC board for people like me.;) I can totally relate with the ADHD. Youngest is now on meds during school and has made our lives so much easier with homework.

Welcome Tinks"SS"! :cool1: Thanks for coming over from the DVC boards in search of the elusive podsnel! I am glad you youngest is doing better on meds. It really is strange to have this diagnosis as a high school student, but better late than never.

Sorry you got the dreaded evil "D". Did they put you in iso? We do all the time at my hospital but luckily i don't deal with it much on my floor as we are surigical. :eek:

Iso - yes. I am cardiac surgical, but we sometimes combine with the Medical ICU and that really increases our exposure. Frontunately I only had to stay out of work for 48hrs of ABX.

Ready for more so i won't get anything done. Alas, i hear laundry calling me now.;)

My laundry is always calling me and I usually tell it to SHUT UP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!