I just want you all to know I am that person....

I have fall decorations up already but haven't gotten out the Halloween stuff out yet. But I saw rock the decorations, if it makes you happy put out as many as you want!

I was thinking of putting my Halloween decorations up in September this year. October just flies by.

I mean, it's not like we have them plugged in so that's better right?

Dear lord when DFi put them up I swear to you he looked like Clark Griswold from Christmas Vacation. Out there with his ladder and staple gun. I kept hearing that stupid staple gun all along the house. And he didn't have an actual ladder, all we have is a step stool so the lights don't actually go up to the eaves. Nope, they are strung about halfway up the wall....klassy.

I don't know what most people do but my Dad always attached the lights to the gutters with clothes pins so that is normal to me. We always made fun of Clark for using a staple gun. I'm marrying Clark W. Griswold Jr. I mean at least we will have memorable family vacations right?

We left ours up a couple of years in a row! :santa: They were looped very artistically through the fretwork on our veranda and it just seemed like far too much effort to take them down. We did turn them on for Halloween (which unfortunately isn't a big deal here in Australia) and maybe a birthday party. And then my sister ran over the cord with the lawn mower!

I THINK we took them down this year...maybe...

I just said to DH this weekend, “It’s almost time to put up the Halloween decorations!!!” I get a lot of inspiration from Pottery Barn and Grandin Road and then make or buy items like theirs on the cheap. Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday for decorating! The boys are all going camping in mid-September. I think they’ll be returning to a fully decorated house!

Funny, something made me think of Elf on Saturday and I said, “Hey guys, we should watch Elf.”

How timely.

I bought new fall placemats and a pretty new fall bowl. It is all out on the table already. I feel like if I decorate the cooler temps will come lol. Prob will decorate for fall this weekend. Might wait about two weeks to put out Halloween.

Halloween candy displays have been up for weeks in the grocery stores.
I joked with the checker that I forgot to pickup a carton of Egg Nog, and he just shook his head and said their first delivery of egg nog was due in a few weeks!

Although it's been hotter than heck here, very soon I will decorate for fall. Then around 10/1 it becomes Halloween. Then early November it becomes fall, Thanksgiving. I keep all my stuff for the 3 seasons stored together for ease. Some of it crosses over from 1 season to another. I usually entertain for Halloween and Thanksgiving so I stick to these dates pretty closely.
Soon as Thanksgiving is done, it's time for Christmas! I love all the holidays and go especially crazy for these :)

Yesterday I was at fabric store
they had some AMAZING fabrics for making costumes!!!
some Disney
But my fave was black that had an overlay of shredded softer black fabric-so cool!!

I usually just stick to the classics such as Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life. Oh and the Nightmare Before Christmas. It flows nicely from Halloween into Christmas.

Ugh, why am I here reading this thread, you are not my people!

I hate the thought of Halloween and the start of the holiday decorating season, ba-hum-bug. I used to love getting everything out and decorating the house, but no more. Now it is more work that has to be done that I don't want to do. :crazy:

Ugh, why am I here reading this thread, you are not my people!

I hate the thought of Halloween and the start of the holiday decorating season, ba-hum-bug. I used to love getting everything out and decorating the house, but no more. Now it is more work that has to be done that I don't want to do. :crazy:

I just said to DH this weekend, “It’s almost time to put up the Halloween decorations!!!” I get a lot of inspiration from Pottery Barn and Grandin Road and then make or buy items like theirs on the cheap. Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday for decorating! The boys are all going camping in mid-September. I think they’ll be returning to a fully decorated house!

Funny, something made me think of Elf on Saturday and I said, “Hey guys, we should watch Elf.”

How timely.
I LOVE both stores. I realized I hadn't looked at Grandin Road yet this year. Thanks for the reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter