I just learned today...

I'm sorry, I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Earlier you said...

BUT, Real ID isn't scheduled to go into effect until May 2025. That's over 18 months away. So no, the US has NOT "just revamped to Real ID licenses". AND, the ONLY domestic travel Real ID will affect (in May 2025 if it doesn't get extended) is commercial air travel.

And, I'm wondering what "entire process" was "so leaky".

I'm trying to get clarification of what you were trying to say.
But why?

Please explain the why.

The fact it was postponed does not change the reason, please do go on and explain your understanding of the why behind Real ID. It seems very important you get something across to me, over and over you seek to enlighten, so please, by all means I am all ears.

But why?

Please explain the why.

The fact it was postponed does not change the reason, please do go on and explain your understanding of the why behind Real ID. It seems very important you get something across to me, over and over you seek to enlighten, so please, by all means I am all ears.
Here you go... from the horses mouth: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/about-real-id
The REAL ID Act establishes minimum security standards for license issuance and production and prohibits certain federal agencies from accepting for certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards.
The government (when they passed the bill) decided it would be a good idea to have Federal minimum standards when it comes to IDs (instead of every state doing their own thing).

Does that answer your "why"?

But why?

Please explain the why.

Why the Real Id act was passed?

We have already addressed that

In the future (100 years plus from now) passports and real ID will probably be like a pokedex to be honest.

A requirement of one being issued for free by the government to all citizens.
OK, now I'll ask you... "why"? Passport for children are only good for five years. That makes sense, they change so much when younger. So would the government issue one at age 5 also? When does the government stop issuing them for free?

It's going to be the RARE person, especially a child, who has to forego an international trip because they don't have a passport.

OK, now I'll ask you... "why"? Passport for children are only good for five years. That makes sense, they change so much when younger. So would the government issue one at age 5 also? When does the government stop issuing them for free?

It's going to be the RARE person, especially a child, who has to forego an international trip because they don't have a passport.
To prevent other negative occurrences from happening in the future. Just spit balling here but child kidnapping could possibly be reduced or a lost child could be identified quicker maybe?🤷‍♂️

Just a thought. If passports go into an international database, then they can't be stolen out of the country. If a lost child was in the system's database (maybe by finger print), it would help reunite them with their family. It's just a thought, I don't know how realistic it would be. 🤷‍♂️

That's really cool. I'm hoping to get a PHD in History in the future if my law school ambitions don't pan out. I'm still deciding which path I want to pursue more.
Thanks, I've been teaching in higher ed for 17 years so I guess I really love it. How far along are you in law school? Frankly, you'd only need a PhD in History if you plan to teach college. Only you can figure out which career path is best for you, BUT I will say, teaching college is the greatest job in the world. If you have any questions about the PhD process, send me a DM and I'll tell whatever you'd like to know.

Thanks, I've been teaching in higher ed for 17 years so I guess I really love it. How far along are you in law school? Frankly, you'd only need a PhD in History if you plan to teach college. Only you can figure out which career path is best for you, BUT I will say, teaching college is the greatest job in the world. If you have any questions about the PhD process, send me a DM and I'll tell whatever you'd like to know.
I'm still working to save up for graduate school. I'm not enrolled yet. I'm still deciding what I want to do. It's a big decision (and a lot of money) and I'm not rushing it. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I still working to save up for graduate school. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
You may not need to save as much as you anticipate. One aspect of grad school is getting an assistantship of some sort which can help offset some of the costs. I only paid for my last 2 years of my PhD (out of a total of six years) as the rest of the costs were offset when I was teaching and working in my university's TV studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter