I hope you have your ADRs for Dec 5-12!!

We are going Dec 8 - 13 and I had trouble too. Couldn't get Fantasmic dinner package AT ALL :( and couldn't get breakfast at Chef Mickey's AT ALL! :( Had to settle for lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe instead of dinner but I did get O'hana breakfast and Teppan Edo like I wanted.

Going Dec 11-17 and couldn't get online to book, kept getting an error with E and a bunch of numbers. Called right at 6(CDT) and got right on with a cm and got everything I wanted. PTC was a little later than I wanted it but was able to call and get the time I wanted. Got HDDR cat 1 at 9:30, Le Cel for dinner, Biergarten, and Plaza. Plus am booked with a large party(25) for Boma on the 13th. What a difference a week makes. BTW all the rooms for free dining are booked for your week, so that has a huge impact. There are still rooms available for my week.

I encourage you to keep trying online. I played around for a long time until I got everything I wanted, pretty close to the time I wanted and that's during T'giving week. Good luck!

While I certainly understand that free dining does keep the restaurants busier, my personal opinion is that this is more of an issue with the new dining reservation system. I don't trust it one bit . . . and it has certainly taken all the fun out my dining plans. :laughing: I'm just going to stick with the QSDP this year.

I completely agree with you. the new reservation system is flawed if you have listened to the disunplugged podcast they said that restaurant revenues at wdw are down a high percentage because even though the adr system says that there are no reservations many restaurants have plenty of openings and guests are avoiding them because they couldnt get an advanced adr! its sad because not only are the restaurants losing money but the cast members that work in them are losing out on gratuities.

I would try to make your reservations ahead of time but do not hesitate to just walk up to a restaurant and see if there is availability chances are there will be

I cannot believe how hard it is to get ADRs for this week. I was trying to make reservations for this week today and I told the CM I didn't care what date---just check the entire week. These restaurants were completely sold out:
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
Hoop Dee Doo
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Coral Reef
Chef's De France
Tutto Italia was totally sold out except for one dinner at 9:30 PM!
Donald's Safari Breakfast

I'm not talking about a specific night---I mean for the ENTIRE WEEK!!!!

I made some adjustments and got down to just needing something for Dec 10 and she said the only restaurant in all of EPCOT with availability was Akershus!!! How is that possible?? This is really crazy. Is this just because of free dining?

in addition change your party size..lets say you are a party of 2 enter in a party of 3, 4 or 5 it will give you more availability this way...

if that helps anyone.

I was lucky to get something else I wanted today; so, this is now up for grabs.

in addition change your party size..lets say you are a party of 2 enter in a party of 3, 4 or 5 it will give you more availability this way...

How will changing your party size to a larger number help? I figure they can fit more couples at one time, than larger parties, so wouldn't it be better to list your party as 2 if that is all who is attending?

I got everything that I wanted, but not without some shuffling of days and minor compromises. I really do feel blessed that we were able to get everything that we wanted and a few things that were just sort of the cherry on top. To get to this point, it took giving my wish list to IPO, getting most, but not all of those things, then checking online and calling a lot. I did have to work around the impact of Pop Warner on the lack of dinner availability on our DHS night. I changed it to a day later in the week without F! and in doing so had to move the Wildlife Discovery Excursion to a different day, which was thankfully still available. In the end, I was finally able to book Mama Melrose for dinner because we were flexible. :thumbsup2 We were lucky enough to snag a Wishes Dessert Party on the 8th too.

Sometimes perfection takes a lot of persistance, keep trying! Oh and yes, we did book a couple of tables as a party of 4 because there were no tables for 2 left. At those meals, because we were sneaky in obtaining it, we do double the tip for our waitress. In doing so, it makes me feel a wee bit less guilty. :rolleyes1 Maggie

I am also going around this time, I made all of our reservations right at the 90 day mark using the online reservation system. I got confirmation emails for each of the reservations, but I will still call and confirm them just to be sure.

There were opennings today at the Studios. I could not get MM for evening on Dec. 4 or 5, but today there were opennings for 4:00-5:30. Before there was nothing past 3:00 and sometimes 2:00. So they must've openned more times or there was a glick. I also booked a lunch at Coral Reef, which also had no opennings are few weeks ago. This is for a party of 5.

I called for all of our ADR's at 7:00 at our 90 day mark and I have to say, in as many times I have done that, this is the very first time I have had trouble getting what we wanted at a time we wanted. I did pretty good, but it was very hard. We will be there Dec. 1-15 so I couldn't make all of our ADR's in one day, I had to keep calling everyday to finish. It wasn't easy. Good Luck everyone, keep trying. This is crazy.

We are going Dec 23-29 and i got online this morning at 3am. It was really slow and i kept getting error messages. I was able to get all of them except chef mickey for christmas morning it wouldn't search for any times. So i had to call later on this morning they cm told me there was only a few times slots still available for christmas morning at chef mickey.(not sure how true that is) But i was surprised to get what i did i was expecting them to be all gone christmas eve & christmas day. I am so excited this will be our first time at chef mickeys (never able to get it in the past for our days & times) Good Luck to all that is still trying.

How will changing your party size to a larger number help? I figure they can fit more couples at one time, than larger parties, so wouldn't it be better to list your party as 2 if that is all who is attending?

I suggest you listen to last weeks disunplugged podcast i think it was the email edition they explain in detail how the system works and why parties of 2 or 1 are finding no availability

We are going Dec 23-29 and i got online this morning at 3am. It was really slow and i kept getting error messages. I was able to get all of them except chef mickey for christmas morning it wouldn't search for any times. So i had to call later on this morning they cm told me there was only a few times slots still available for christmas morning at chef mickey.(not sure how true that is) But i was surprised to get what i did i was expecting them to be all gone christmas eve & christmas day. I am so excited this will be our first time at chef mickeys (never able to get it in the past for our days & times) Good Luck to all that is still trying.

This is amazing!!!!! I would have thought it would be a down week! I keep checking back for a later time for Le Cellier the week of thanksgiving and there are still lots of opening in the epcot restaurants. Teppan Edo, Tutto, Les Chefs, Nine Dragons all have dinner openings still around 6-7. I have been checking on Chef Mickey as well, and a lot of monorail resorts still have openings too.

Do you think maybe, since free dining and deep room discounts are available during pop warner week, that families are booking to take advantage of these discounts, instead of waiting for the group rates? Then, maybe if their team doesn't make it, they will cancel and all of these reservations will open up? :worship:

I think if there were a chance of my family going, I would make some ADRs just in case. Better to be prepared than to be stuck...it just stinks for those of us who are definitely going!

BTW, :rolleyes1 I have a 6:15 LeCellier ressie for 4 on 12/11 I am needing to cancel. PM me if you are interested and we can coordinate a time.

We're going the 3rd - 9th. I went online as soon as it opened up and still couldn't get dinner at 1900 Park Fare for the 3rd or breakfast at Epcot w/ Donald for the 4th. I called right away and after holding for 76 minutes the CM also said they were sold out. I check back at least 10 times each day online...........no luck! I'm so sad. I'm holding out hope for the 45 day mark though.

We are going Dec 13-17 too! But I didn't have a problem at all. We are a party of 6 adults and 2 kids. I got everything I wanted but LeCellier (which I expected.) I even got Chef Mickey's for 900am on the 14th. I was up at 300am 90 days out, but last night I was playing to see how busy the places are going to be. I was still able to get ressie for the same place around the same times. 50's PT even gave alternatives for all the other DHS TS places. So I'm thinking you should be able to get something. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Same here...no problems for our Dec. 13-19 trip. I even added a WCC for Friday night a couple of days ago with no issue at all, had my pick of CRT breakfast!

Sorry to those who are having problems! We are a party of 7 and I just knew it would be hard. Keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter